Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,651 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo (95451 Views)

Photos From The Osun Oshogbo Festival / Why Do Black People In Africa Tend To Marry People From Their Tribe / Traditional Wedding Custom Of Akuapem People From Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by folabayo1(f): 5:59am On Apr 16, 2015
wakacome:
Where in osun state?? smiley am from ijesha and you?
ila orangun
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by folabayo1(f): 6:01am On Apr 16, 2015
Misternas89:

Wow, just checked ur pic and saw the mark of being an osun state indigene lol, BTW u r luking so cute kiss
thanks mister!
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by ebukaOtika(m): 6:15am On Apr 16, 2015
silverdam:
Talking from experience, Honestly, I used to call all these things superstitions but believe me not all of them are superstitions, some are so real.

Anything is possible, we shouldn't doubt all these things we hear or see, strange things are happening in this world. I guess westernisation, education and religion has eaten up so many youths of these days that they hardly believe in anything supernatural.

What most of us believe in is how to have sex, how to make quick money and all these vanity upon vanity things.

Its an odd world!!!

Ahn ahn ,,,, so we should not have Sex again or even Do small quickie again ,,,,?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by iamord(m): 6:16am On Apr 16, 2015
RaeMystix:
I thought Mami water women were beautiful creatures with bodies similar to that of Jessica rabbit's?. grin
you want to see the real . Woods they are worshipping? smiley
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by nosike3(m): 6:26am On Apr 16, 2015
silverdam:
Lmao! Your profile picture makes me laugh.... Did you look at yourself before abusing? Some people sef no get common sense..... OMG!
just keep confirming your irritating nature, what's with the OMG After all the sheet you wrote? undecided you're a disgrace to the world,an anomaly, a creature of zero worth,zero value and zero importance!!! Seek help fÕõL although I'm quite skeptic cuz you're a hopeless case! sad
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by ATM606: 6:33am On Apr 16, 2015
Se ♌α car bring them all †нє way 4rm oshogbo to lagos ni....abi D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ use pawer of nomor.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Fastlearner(m): 6:37am On Apr 16, 2015
D Ominipotent, O mini present God, D one who Lives Forever. ...He's Everywhere he doesn't reside in a place...Blessed be your Name, He's Name JESUS CHRIST .....
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by caseyhills(m): 6:47am On Apr 16, 2015
I have seen things! this things are real! I don't believe it before until I saw it! this world we're in is more than what we see!
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by lonelydora: 6:54am On Apr 16, 2015
I was expecting to see half woman and half fish.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Misternas89(m): 6:57am On Apr 16, 2015
folabayo1:
thanks mister!
You are mostly welcome.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Johnsmartinyang(m): 7:08am On Apr 16, 2015
Lala247:
All that super powers and they look like dat lool

And begging for arms....power ko....strength nii...@lala hw u dey
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by folabayo1(f): 7:26am On Apr 16, 2015
Misternas89:

You are mostly welcome.
smiley
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by T4kbaba(m): 7:29am On Apr 16, 2015
Lala247:

Not too bad ..

But slightly bad grin
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by NobleG1(m): 8:10am On Apr 16, 2015
Complete c*rap.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by silverdam(m): 9:09am On Apr 16, 2015
nosike3:
just keep confirming your irritating nature, what's with the OMG After all the sheet you wrote? undecided you're a disgrace to the world,an anomaly, a creature of zero worth,zero value and zero importance!!! Seek help fÕõL although I'm quite skeptic cuz you're a hopeless case! sad
Lmao! Sorry no vex, it is well with you and your soul. You will survive... Grow up and stop ranting, are you sure you're not gay sef cos na gay guys they rant like this. God will help your matter. You're the biggest disgrace to men. Stop hating bro, you need to see a psychic. Byeeee
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 16, 2015
T4kbaba:

But slightly bad grin

How smiley
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 16, 2015
Johnsmartinyang:

And begging for arms....power ko....strength nii...@lala hw u dey

I dey fine men .. Morning
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Emmahunk(m): 9:33am On Apr 16, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
See what I just found on IG again, guys. Someone said real devotees of the water deities wouldn't call themselves "mami water people" but according to these 3 ladies pictured above, they really are mami water people. They are from Osun but are currently in Lagos to look for 'festival donations'. They also claim they have 'super powers' though "the most powerful one is in Oshogbo".

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/04/photo-meet-mami-water-people-from-osun.html

As crazy as it sounds, the mermaid group unfortunately is real.
Practicing Christians should remember that when Satan was thrown out of Heaven, not even one of his powers was taken from him hence the Biblical saying that" we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers... and spiritual wickedness in high places "
Believe it or not they exist but what beats my imagination is why members of mammy water that has been known to lure people with promises of making them wealthy should be begging for donations.
May God deliver us from evil
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Dekatron(m): 9:56am On Apr 16, 2015
sexyseun:
Who i dey see so? shocked
Frm Left to Right--- Mama bisiriyu, Iya awon boys, A.K.A mummy backflip and Aunty Onirebe
wetin una dey find for this zones again? Una sabi waka waka ooo, all d way from igando, to itire and ojuelegba... kaiiiiiii
I comment my reserve ooo, i dey go sleep.. mummy awon boys, na me ooo, skinny seun lomo.... BR
are you radio queen? Cos she is the FIRST AND ONLY MUMMY AWON BOYS
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by thaoriginator: 10:06am On Apr 16, 2015
Dem too fat for a 'mami water'. Can they even swim?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 16, 2015
folabayo1:
ila orangun
ok grin
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by nosike3(m): 10:24am On Apr 16, 2015
silverdam:
Lmao! Sorry no vex, it is well with you and your soul. You will survive... Grow up and stop ranting, are you sure you're not gay sef cos na gay guys they rant like this. God will help your matter. You're the biggest disgrace to men. Stop hating bro, you need to see a psychic. Byeeee
I pass on your invitation to your gay club!!! Heterosexual like Fvck!!! cool and never you call me your bro again!! I'm no brother to a dog lower than the ugliest filth of the earth!! angry pig!! angry
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by silverdam(m): 10:34am On Apr 16, 2015
nosike3:
I pass on your invitation to your gay club!!! Heterosexual like Fvck!!! cool and never you call me your bro again!! I'm no brother to a dog lower than the ugliest filth of the earth!! angry pig!! angry
Of course you are my gay brother. Byeee!
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 1:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
KoloOyinbo:

What arrant nonsense! You are living proof that development needs to start from EDUCATION!

We don't believe in Magic and Juju because they are not real!

Spells on me ... indeed! grin

No civilized person would be affected by such because they only exist in the minds of those too ignorant or sadly too conditioned and brainwashed by their culture to realise it is all rubbish!

~ There's no point arguing ...
Stop generalizing it though cos' many whites believe in the unseen and supernatural forces.. .. If you believe there's god then why won't you believe there's a river goddess or there's magic ..
There are even magical books of moses...

Have you toured Nigeria ?
I advise you to go check out the 'Opa Oranmiyan' . When you do, you'd know what I'm saying.

and because I believe such exist doesn't make me uncivilised or educated . Have you seen a Man disappear in your presence before or have you seen a cultist been stabbed and he didn't bleed before?

If you haven't then I understand your ignorance

Seeing is believing

3 Likes

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Stop generalizing it though cos' many whites believe in the unseen and supernatural forces.. .. If you believe there's god then why won't you believe there's a river goddess or there's magic ..

I advise you to go check out the 'Opa Oranmiyan' . When you do, you'd know what I'm saying.

and because I believe such exist doesn't make me uncivilised or educated . Have you seen a Man disappear in your presence before or have you seen a cultist been stabbed and he didn't bleed before?

Seeing is believing

Well I have often tried to explain the difference between FAITH in a God and superstitious beliefs in Magic and Juju which do not exist (demonstrably so). But some people here cannot understand the distinction and so keep using that failed argument to justify their superstition.

I have seen a fair bit of not just Nigeria but the world. I have seen MANY claims of magic/powers/juju/curses etc and ALL are RUBBISH.

I don't want to be abusive or offensive but civilized educated people in general do not believe such rubbish. Yes a few Europeans claim to be witches etc but they are correctly regards by the VAST majority as the lunatic fringe.

If someone says they believe in this rubbish how could I ever trust them with a position of responsibility?

Remember it is easy to fool people and especially easy to fool those who are culturally inclined to believe this rubbish. You have a choice - stay in the past with magic and juju or move forward to the modern day like the rest of the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
Sweetlemon:
These are Osun worshipers. Osun is a River goddess. Osun state is named after the river goddess.

Hmmm. So you are the one who kisses your brother. Very strange you are from osun.

Anyways, i'm your brother too so? Tonight? grin
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by RomanceLander(f): 7:02pm On Apr 16, 2015
wallflower:

CHISOS!!!

Hey what.....
Why the screeming
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 7:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
RomanceLander:

Hey what.....
Why the screeming

Sorry o, I viewed your dp by mistake
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by RomanceLander(f): 8:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
wallflower:

Sorry o, I viewed your dp by mistake

shocked and you saw a scary girl right?
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 16, 2015
RomanceLander:

shocked and you saw a scary girl right?

No comment, all these hungry guys jus dey wait to pounce.
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:20am On Apr 17, 2015
Emmahunk:

As crazy as it sounds, the mermaid group unfortunately is real.
Practicing Christians should remember that when Satan was thrown out of Heaven, not even one of his powers was taken from him hence the Biblical saying that" we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, powers... and spiritual wickedness in high places "
Believe it or not they exist but what beats my imagination is why members of mammy water that has been known to lure people with promises of making them wealthy should be begging for donations.
May God deliver us from evil

Osun worshippers are priamarily concerned with fertility, not wealth.

and devil is u xtians and who r.ape youn kids in church and ur oyinbo slave masters who brought churchianity/tithianity to Nigeria
Re: Photo: Meet The Mami Water People From Osun Oshogbo by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:22am On Apr 17, 2015
Darkrebel666:

Seeing is believing

oya leave that oyinbo p.edophile. hes been visiting Nigeria to ensnare and fvck one of our young galz. u dont know the story of that p.edophile yet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do Somalis,ethiopians And Eritreans Consider Themselves As Whites? / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. / Real Hausa Native Names And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.