Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,117 members, 7,811,136 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

#NigeriansboycottDSTV - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #NigeriansboycottDSTV (3323 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by MurderX: 11:05pm On Apr 16, 2015
tayoxx:
I wish we can do this

Yes we can
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by puppy2k(m): 11:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
Let this boko haram boys just go drop a bomb on this DSTV Headquarters .then they will know we are prepared for them.
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by otr1(m): 11:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
I gave out my DSTv decoder and ported my MTN phone number to Glo since last year. Y'all can follow suit.cool
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by MurderX: 11:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
otr1:
I gave out my DSTv decoder and ported my MTN phone number to Glo since last year. Y'all can follow suit.cool

This is encouraging
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by otr1(m): 12:17am On Apr 17, 2015
MurderX:

This is encouraging
Yea.
There's no point holding unto a service provider who derives joy fleecing you, when you have better alternatives.
Until we stop patronising them, they wont repent.
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by mikron(m): 12:57am On Apr 17, 2015
Segadem:
don't blame south Africa for its bussiness strategy for the failure of our government to do the right thing,DSTV first came to Nigeria I think in '93 or 1994 but was rejected by our dictatorship Gen. Sanni Abacha .
yap thats true
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by mikron(m): 1:05am On Apr 17, 2015
crownprince102:
Wetin dem no fit try for south africa, this neocolonialism must stop.

When MTN came to Nigeria, their estimated profit of 5 years was made in 6 months.

#NigeriaBoycottDSTV
they openely bragged that they made N10,000,000,000 (ten billion naira) in one year. thats the country we re in.
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by mikron(m): 1:10am On Apr 17, 2015
my subscribtion expired 2 weeks ago, since then their customer care reps have been calling our line begging us to come subscribe, dem no know wetin dey my mind. na to but q-sat i dey work towards, with little as N400 i will still watch all the dstv channels. tell me what beats that? grin grin grin
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by Fembleez1(m): 1:17am On Apr 17, 2015
Na only DSTV you go call their customer care, dem go dey sap your Airtime! Customer care not even toll free. God go punish their papa!!! angry
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by Kolade354(m): 2:19am On Apr 17, 2015
MzansiBeat:
Foolish talk. That's making you feel better, huh? Go take your meds. DSTV is by subsc only. You don't pay, they cut off their service - isn't that simple. You want to enjoy the service for free aren't you? Don't invite other ppl to fight your evil ideas. If you can't afford it, stop it period. I'm SAcan for your info.
You still have the gut to insult another nigerian, you dis slave.............I hope you are not in nigeria

1 Like

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by jodeci(m): 3:33am On Apr 17, 2015
MzansiBeat:
Foolish talk. That's making you feel better, huh? Go take your meds. DSTV is by subsc only. You don't pay, they cut off their service - isn't that simple. You want to enjoy the service for free aren't you? Don't invite other ppl to fight your evil ideas. If you can't afford it, stop it period. I'm SAcan for your info.

Look at this smelly rat,if you are bold enough indicate your location if you are in Nigeria. Idiota
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by mrofficial(m): 7:27am On Apr 17, 2015
Mine will expire soon. We must resist this. I think I will go and get the act TV.

The way they increase the price, you will think someone watches DStv 24/7 and earns salary from it.

1 Like

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by Damolux01(m): 8:50am On Apr 17, 2015
Mine has expired since March 22, I stopped paying since then. The #13450 I was even paying for PVR sef is just too much not to talk about the 20% increment. Most working class don't earn that as salary.

1 Like

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by izinbizi(m): 9:10am On Apr 17, 2015
Damolux01:
Mine has expired since March 22, I stopped paying since then. The #13450 I was even paying for PVR sef is just too much not to talk about the 20% increment. Most working class don't earn that as salary.
right on point, many nigerian families live on less than this monthly.

1 Like

Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by izinbizi(m): 9:36am On Apr 17, 2015
tayoxx:
I wish we can do this
#NigeriansboycottDSTV
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by izinbizi(m): 9:39am On Apr 17, 2015
Remeber when MTN sim card was N25,000?
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by la1(m): 9:45am On Apr 17, 2015
GoldCircle:
I like my Nigerian brothers. Many of the people harsh tagging and calling for boycott still have their subscriptions running and their smart cards inside their decoders.

Well, I am not boycotting dstv simply because they are still the best there is. Others are far far behind and are no substitute. if you personally want to boycott them, then feel free and go ahead but I wont join such a campaign.Where are our regulatory authorities? where is Daarsat, HiTV, Montage, Consat and co? why can't they give them a run for their money? HiTV got a chance a few years ago. What happened?! it is like saying I should boycott MTN because of their exorbitant tariffs when I know they alone have the coverage I need for the tracking device on my vehicle that plies the length and breadth of Nigeria.

see, if we all hold our people accountable, we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. There are so many other ways we can make our voices heard. This campaign thing IMHO is the least effective of the lot because I know my Nigerian brothers. I know them.

could you kindly suggest more effective means of objections? thank you
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by OAUTemitayo: 9:47am On Apr 17, 2015
All i can say is F....U....C....K you.
MzansiBeat:
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by dmcdad: 9:48am On Apr 17, 2015
jayfolarin:
For once I wish people can come together and do this. Really!
Frankly, this is very annoying. I don't blame them. I blame it on the authorities. What happens to having a regulatory body keep them in check? No encouragement of competition and no proper price regulations.

Na wa ooooo. We ain't even safe in our own country. Companies exploiting us from front, back, left, right and centre.

God help us all.
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by izinbizi(m): 9:52am On Apr 17, 2015
MzansiBeat:

State your location, so Nairalanders can pay you a warm xenophobic visit.
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by izinbizi(m): 10:01am On Apr 17, 2015
@RadicalYouthMan #DstvExtortion Am done,no more subscription for me until the prices are reverted!!! We al need to come together to stp dis.

Thats the Spirit
#NigeriansboycottDSTV
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by izinbizi(m): 10:05am On Apr 17, 2015

This is rubbish. And we are all keeping quite. Here in SA where I stay, with R300, you can subscribe to a good plan. There are exploiting us. We must stand up, march to the streets and ask the govt to ban DSTV from Nigeria. Lets give another local station a chance to grow and offer quality services. What nonsense.... Can they try this in SA.... I think we are over keeping mute about this issue...
patrotic9gerian

Nairalanders fiercely stating facts since Seun was born.
#NigeriansboycottDSTV
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by MurderX: 10:19am On Apr 17, 2015
tayoxx:
I wish we can do this

If Nigerians could unseat PDP, yes we can!
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by MurderX: 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
jayfolarin:
For once I wish people can come together and do this. Really!
If we could vote for change then we can also do this. It's all about a change!
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by izinbizi(m): 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
silica:
Only real action can make them stop this nonsense. I have refused to renew my subscription (i was on premium bouquet) and in the last two days, they have called twice with each call lasting for minimum of 10mins. each time they call, I tell them it's not worth the price and they will spend all that time justifying the increase and pleading with me to reconsider. So far am sticking to my gun.If we all do the same, they will get the message. Am not going to waste my time hastaging when I can take real action.this is not bring back our girls with millions of hastags tweets while the girls remain missing. we need real action like I have taken. If I don't watch premiership, it's not the end of the world.

We must take action.
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by jpphilips(m): 8:41am On Apr 19, 2015
@OP,

You see where Nigerians get it wrong all the time, when you should have protested was when CBN devalued the naira not now that its implication is upon us.

when will you protest that Diesel is cheap abroad but expensive here even with fall in crude prices, for this same reason you are crying?

let me guess, you dont have diesel generators so it is not your problem right?
Kindly subscribe your account for DSTV ministries to relocate to her permanent site.
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by jpphilips(m): 8:57am On Apr 19, 2015
Segadem:
don't blame south Africa for its bussiness strategy for the failure of our government to do the right thing,DSTV first came to Nigeria I think in '93 or 1994 but was rejected by our dictatorship Gen. Sanni Abacha .

Where do you guys get all these scary information, were you not born then?
94 is so yesterday for one to be making such fallacious statements.
Can you provide an evidence or event to support your claim about Abacha?
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by jpphilips(m): 9:07am On Apr 19, 2015
emeka2847:
Try Startimes. The only think absent is BPL. But laliga, UEFA, documentaries, music, cartoons, news are abundant.

All at 600, 1k, 2k, or 3k per month.

I watched CL last night and captured it to show guys. I am angry with DSTV cos,

1. Every year they increase charges
2. They have refused to do pay per watch like in other countries
3. They're violent court injunction not not increase price.

But it's not their fault. When our senior citizens keep violating court orders.

Sad!

#Boycott DSTV

DSTV cannot do pay as you watch because you dont have electricity.

DSTV knows that companies patronise them more than individuals so they careless what you guys think, boycott to protest xenophobic attacks is a just cause and I will be the first to shut down,

conversely, boycott because you can no longer afford the new rates fuelled by you devalued currency, insecurity and poor electricity, which you have never protested in recent times is total BS.

If you can no longer afford DSTV, stick to NTA, don't make it OUR problem but YOURS.
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by NaMe4: 9:19am On Apr 19, 2015
izinbizi:
Remeber when MTN sim card was N25,000?

The funny thing was the minimum wage at that time was not up to #8000!

Nigerians dey try. Where else could such happen?
Re: #NigeriansboycottDSTV by MurderX: 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
jpphilips:

DSTV cannot do pay as you watch because you dont have electricity.

DSTV knows that companies patronise them more than individuals so they careless what you guys think, boycott to protest xenophobic attacks is a just cause and I will be the first to shut down,

conversely, boycott because you can no longer afford the new rates fuelled by you devalued currency, insecurity and poor electricity, which you have never protested in recent times is total BS.

If you can no longer afford DSTV, stick to NTA, don't make it OUR problem but YOURS.

I think the major issue here is that of DSTV's disregard of our judicial system and the xenophobic attacks by SA. Its not only about the price hike.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Vows To Shut Down Radio Biafra - BBC / What is The Yoruba Word For Wisdom? / IPOB Leader Kanu Begs Court To Order His Release From DSS Custody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.