Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:27 AM

Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. (1090 Views)

ISIS Is Afraid Of Israel Not U.S., U.K., France And Russia / Beware Enemies Of Israel; Israel Now Has Laser Beams / Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Lagosboy: 4:47pm On Jan 29, 2009
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/01/200912910254803610.html

school girls, have been injured by an Israeli air attack in the southern Gaza Strip, sources tell Al Jazeera.

The raid on Thursday in Khan Younis also injured a Hamas policeman, the AFP news agency reported, quoting witnesses and medics.

Israel seemed to be targeting a Palestinian fighter on a motorcycle, witnesses told Al Jazeera.

The raid came several hours after Israeli jets attacked what witnesses said was a metal foundry in Rafah, a town near Gaza's border with Egypt.

"An aerial attack took place against a site used to manufacture weapons in an area of the city of Rafah following the firing of a rocket into southern Israel in [Wednesday] evening," an Israeli army spokesman told AFP.

The military later said that a second missile was fired into southern Israel from Gaza early on Thursday, but that no damage or injuries were caused.

Hoda Abdel-Hamid, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Gaza City, said: "These kinds of attacks cause a lot of tension amongst the people, and there is apprehension that these tit-for-tat attacks could escalate and a full on war could resume."

Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, has called for a security cabinet meeting to discuss expanding the military response to Gaza rocket fire, sources tell Al Jazeera.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 29, 2009
what that slowpoke called Lagosboy carefully refused to tell you is that the shelling was in retaliation for HAMAS militants killing an Israeli soldier by remote controlled roadside bombs on the Israeli side of the border.

The title shld correctly read - Israel retaliates to killing of soldier by HAMAS terrorists.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 29, 2009
Look at the title the islamist slowpoke uses - Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children.

Now read the excerpt he posted:

school girls, have been injured by an Israeli air attack in the southern Gaza Strip, sources tell Al Jazeera.

The raid on Thursday in Khan Younis also injured a Hamas policeman, the AFP news agency reported, quoting witnesses and medics.

Israel seemed to be targeting a Palestinian fighter on a motorcycle, witnesses told Al Jazeera.

The raid came several hours after Israeli jets attacked what witnesses said was a metal foundry in Rafah, a town near Gaza's border with Egypt.

"An aerial attack took place against a site used to manufacture weapons in an area of the city of Rafah following the firing of a rocket into southern Israel in [Wednesday] evening," an Israeli army spokesman told AFP.

The military later said that a second missile was fired into southern Israel from Gaza early on Thursday, but that no damage or injuries were caused.

Hoda Abdel-Hamid, Al Jazeera's correspondent in Gaza City, said: "These kinds of attacks cause a lot of tension amongst the people, and there is apprehension that these tit-for-tat attacks could escalate and a full on war could resume."

Ehud Olmert, the Israeli prime minister, has called for a security cabinet meeting to discuss expanding the military response to Gaza rocket fire, sources tell Al Jazeera.

The paper makes two things crystal clear:

1. the reason for Israel's actions (retaliation for continous firing of rockets into southern Israel) and

2. Israel is targetting ONLY militants and weapons factories (HAMAS militants on the other hand are DELIBERATELY targetting civilians).

But compare the above two to the provocative title . . . still have any doubts that islam is a culture of deciet, violence and death? Judge for yourself.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Olaolufred(m): 9:55am On Jan 30, 2009
Lagosboy seems to derive pleasure in lies.

I don't know how much fouls he cried on jos holocaust.

But he uses every opportunity to distrupt truth on Gaza saga.

If the ceasefire must be enlongated, was it not the Gazans that would have benefitted more?

After all, the Gazans are always on the recieving end.

Why must one who always suffer hard knocks still continue to instigate such?

There is no Wisdom in this.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 30, 2009
hello lagosbighead

let us analyze some of ur facts

1. ur title ISRAEL BEGINS SHELLING of school girls
from ur article school girls where injured while Israel seemed to be targeting a Palestinian fighter on a motorcycle,

2. An aerial attack took place against a site used to manufacture weapons in an area of the city of Rafah following the firing of a rocket into southern Israel

did u read this article urself or u just saw only school girls and decided to start screaming- Pevert

3. These kinds of attacks cause a lot of tension amongst the people
where were the same people who fired rockets into Israel on Wednesday,

4. tit-for-tat attacks -- well i think thats the only language the Gazans understand, cos they don't seem to reason and know when to call it quits
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Lagosboy: 1:17pm On Jan 30, 2009
Olaolufred:

Lagosboy seems to derive pleasure in lies.

I don't know how much fouls he cried on jos holocaust.

There is no Wisdom in this.

I dont seem to know you but could you please mention the lie i stated. It would be most appreciated because i dont understand how jos issue is got to do with this and lies.

kaecy5:

hello lagosbighead

I have never insulted you at anytime before and neither have i thrown derogatory word at you. Of course we have divergent views but i think decorum should reign in debates. The only person throw words at is Davidylan for obvious reason and i would like it to remain like that and not be dragged into insults. Respect begets respect please!!

Now to the issue at hand, reports say they were targeting a palestinan fighter but they shelled school girls. The main point here is children were shelled and their target is irelevant in here as long as they didnt hit him. they owe those children apology for the "mistake".

kaecy5:

hello lagosbighead

let us analyze some of ur facts

1. ur title ISRAEL BEGINS SHELLING of school girls
2. An aerial attack took place against a site used to manufacture weapons in an area of the city of Rafah following the firing of a rocket into southern Israel

did u read this article urself or u just saw only school girls and decided to start screaming- Pevert

How do we establish a metal foundary is been used to make weapons. Do Gazans not have right to have a metal foundary? There is no way of establishing the truth if indeed weapons were made there, even if weapons were made do they not have right to defend themselves as well or do they not have a right to resist occupation?

You talk of me not reading the article and if I had anything to hide why would i paste the link.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 30, 2009
@Lagosboy
i apologise for calling u names i am sorry,

back to the issue at hand, if u say they have right to defend themselves, we could also establish that they have a democratic elected govt, so we can come to the conclusion that they in Gaza are a proxy country of their (its) OWN

THEN we can both agree to the fact that launching missiles from a proxy country to another country is an art of WAR, let me bring it back home for u to picture, assume some Niger delta militants begin to fire rockets into cameroun every day because of Bakassi, how do u expect cameroun to look at it, would they consider it an art of war from nigeria or some militants in nigeria are misbehaving

or could we reverse it to say that any country have right to do with its bother what it wants to do, either to open or to close it at will, so why do we still claim we want the blockade removed??

Gaza has its own share of the sea just like isreal has, and mind u Egytians are also closing their borders or can we assume that food and other supplies cant come from Egypt? or they must pass thru israel??
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 30, 2009
Lagosboy:

How do we establish a metal foundary is been used to make weapons. Do Gazans not have right to have a metal foundary? There is no way of establishing the truth if indeed weapons were made there, even if weapons were made do they not have right to defend themselves as well or do they not have a right to resist occupation?

You talk of me not reading the article and if I had anything to hide why would i paste the link.

See this blockheaded islamists. Does Israel also have NO right to defend itself from rocket attacks on its elementary school kids? Has it no right to resist the HAMAS charter of genocide? Has Israel no right to resist Mohammad's curse?
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Pepeye(f): 6:46pm On Jan 30, 2009
@ infant david

Your own blockhead pass dem. . . u always wallow in ignorance angry
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 30, 2009
Pepeye:

@ infant david

Your own blockhead pass dem. . . u always wallow in ignorance angry

The CE thread must have hurt you to the marrows. Thou worshipper of men, i would welcome the day you sheep at CE defend Christ instead of Christian Oyakhilome with such alarming passion.

Can you pls give me just one reason on which ur above post is based . . . from this thread? What a shame.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Pepeye(f): 7:48pm On Jan 30, 2009
@ david

You are a classic example on how not to be a Christian . . .
Always being judgmental. . what a load of crap that oozes from you
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 30, 2009
Pepeye:

@ david

Seems you lost your way . . . this thread has nothing to do with religious affiliation.

However i will respond to your baseless claim:

1. What is your own example on "how to be a christian"? Being a gullible sheep who worships the pastor? Being unable to critically judge our spiritual leaders from the Word of God?

- Which is more important to you? Christ Himself glorified or the structural edifice and financial empire that masquerades as churches today?

- Did you read Christ's scathing remarks to the pharisees? Here is one example - Matthew 23:32 23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone. 24 Ye blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. 26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

The pharisees probably listened to Jesus drone on and concluded He was the perfect example of a heretic and thus nailed Him to the cross.

Are you this passionate about Jesus Christ or is this merely about your church? Since when did emotional attachment to a mortal surpass zeal for righteousness? Why have you sheep, hypocrites and blind pharisees chosen the road to perdition cloaked in religious garments?

Stay there blowing hot air.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 30, 2009
I forgot to address one more piece of crap from you:

Pepeye:

@ david

do you understand what that means at all or you're just parroting the excuse ur pastors use to defend their unrighteousness?

This is what the bible says - Acts 17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
12 Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

These men were more noble because they didnt just sit there swallowing anything that came from the pulpit like misled sheep. Instead the went back to their scriptures to make absolutely sure Paul wasnt just cooking up stories for them.

If Paul were an apostle today . . . any person going to the bible to see whether those things he said were true would be stoned for being judgemental.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Lagosboy: 7:57pm On Jan 31, 2009
davidylan:

See this blockheaded islamists. Does Israel also have NO right to defend itself from rocket attacks on its elementary school kids? Has it no right to resist the HAMAS charter of genocide? Has Israel no right to resist Mohammad's curse?

Davidylans talk

davidylan:

Seems you lost your way . . . this thread has nothing to do with religious affiliation.

Another Davidylan talk on the same thread.

Spot the oxymoron or is it contradiction.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2009
Lagosboy:

Davidylans talk

The only oxymoron is the fact that you are too much of a slowpoke to spot what the thread really is all about. It is not about religious affiliation but it is clear your allegiance is more to your religion than actually reporting facts. Your religion tells you to hate jews irrespective of anything they do so like the dumb fool you are you follow suit without critically examining issues.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Afam(m): 3:47pm On Feb 02, 2009
Lagosboy:

Quote from: davidylan on January 30, 2009, 05:01 PM

Davidylans talk

Quote from: davidylan on January 30, 2009, 07:55 PM

This will easily win the ANALYSIS OF THE YEAR AWARD (2009).
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by yme5: 5:46pm On Feb 02, 2009
davidylan:

davidylan link=topic=225885.msg3409521#msg3409521 date=1233436499:

The only oxymoron is the fact that you are too much of a slowpoke to spot what the thread really is all about. It is not about religious affiliation but it is clear your allegiance is more to your religion than actually reporting facts. Your religion tells you to hate jews irrespective of anything they do so like the dumb fool you are you follow suit without critically examining issues.

undecided
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 02, 2009
A long list of people who cant think.

the thread as it is has nothing to do with religion . . . but religion is the ulterior motive behind the deliberate provocative and false title. But for allegiance to islam you wont care a hoot.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Afam(m): 9:00am On Feb 03, 2009
davidylan:

the thread as it is has nothing to do with religion . . . but religion is the ulterior motive behind the deliberate provocative and false title. But for allegiance to islam you wont care a hoot.

I am nominating this post for the

MIND READER OF THE YEAR AWARD 2009
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by phanthom(m): 10:45am On Feb 03, 2009
The only problem with this whole debate mess is the fact that sentimentalism had crept into this whole argument. Israel is killing people that is right. But don't you think HAMAS is being so dumb and foolish for risking the lives of gazans and engaging in stupid propaganda to gain sympathy from left thinkers alike?. I want to tell you something no govt. will sit and watch rockets hitting its civilian population without any form of retaliation. Israel is a country that believes in retaliation and Hamas knows that, the best option for HAMAS is to stop the rocket fire and engage in the best diplomacy they can. I suggest this is the only way palestinians will live a life worthy of living. I hope you understand,  you can not be one sided, it wont work
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 03, 2009
the truth is simple, launching rockets into Israel have turned to be a past time for Palestine youths, so the number of groups launching rockets into Israel daily may not all be under controlled by Hamas but of course as long as it kills the Jews hamas is behind it
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Lagosboy: 11:38am On Feb 03, 2009
davidylan:

It has nothing to do with religion but only you just love to bring religon into it.

Anti terrorist state of Israel = Islam according to davidylan.

Little worry why Chavez of Venzuela and Bolivia leader expelled the Israeli ambassadors.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 5:30pm On Feb 03, 2009
Lagosboy:

It has nothing to do with religion but only you just love to bring religon into it.

Anti terrorist state of Israel = Islam according to davidylan.

Little worry why Chavez of Venzuela and Bolivia leader expelled the Israeli ambassadors.

still clinging desperately to Venezuela and Bolivia as examples of what exactly? The two are rabid anti-American leaders so its no surprise here. What is of more surprise is the fact that even Arab nations like Egypt and Saudi Arabia openly sided against HAMAS.

Islam is the only reason you hold the opinions u hold on the gaza crisis so shattap.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by RichyBlacK(m): 12:12am On Feb 04, 2009
davidylan:

still clinging desperately to Venezuela and Bolivia as examples of what exactly? The two are rabid anti-American leaders so its no surprise here. What is of more surprise is the fact that even Arab nations like Egypt and Saudi Arabia openly sided against HAMAS.

Islam is the only reason you hold the opinions u hold on the gaza crisis so shattap.

The two most useless governments in the whole middle-east. Subservient to Western dictates, tyrannical, and unpopular.

davidylan,

Your hypocrisy is glaring, you dismiss Venezuela and Bolivia as "rabid anti-American leaders", but fail to point out that the governments in Cairo and Riyadh take orders directly from Washington DC!
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Afam(m): 7:47am On Feb 04, 2009
davidylan:

At least we are making progress here.

Egypt has banned all major opposition parties. The president has been in power for over 20 years. Very unpopular government but has the support of the US.

Saudi Arabia is ruled by a family, does not practice democracy and the ruling family has the support of the US even though the US claims to be exporting democracy to the rest of the world.

So, considering the above, is it surprising that these 2 countries would oppose HAMAS? HAMAS won a landslide election in Palestine, defeating the Western backed and very corrupt Abass led government in a free and fair election.

Let the hypocrisy continue, at least our friend here is running out of ideas and shamelessly clinging to all forms of nonsense just to justify his lousy positions on issues concerning Islam, Israel, US, Arabs etc.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Lagosboy: 8:34am On Feb 04, 2009
Glad to see Davidylans contradiction and hypocricy beeen displayed.

In an arguement at least admit when your wrong. The whole point is Islam is not the reason why Palestinians get support period!!!
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 5:44pm On Feb 04, 2009
Lagosboy:

Glad to see Davidylans contradiction and hypocricy beeen displayed.

In an arguement at least admit when your wrong. The whole point is Islam is not the reason why Palestinians get support period!!!

RichyBlack is not known for engaging his brain when it comes to palestinian issues . . . he only sees things in one track - Israel is wrong.
Afam? Puhlease! grin No comment needed here, just ask other long term residents of the politics section for their own opinion on him.

Lagosboy . . . dont waste your time because i'm certainly NOT wrong. Islam is simply the reason muslims in Nigeria who have never met a jew consider them apes and pigs and fit only to be destroyed. Islam is the only reason muslims are being slaughtered in Darfur but the muslim world (INCLUDING THOSE IN SUDAN) are only bothered about the few killed in Gaza. Islam is the only reason Israel is consistently vilified at the UN security council. Islam is the only reason majority of muslim states have NO diplomatic contact with Israel even though Israel has NEVER been at war with them ever.

My dear go bury ur head in the sands of denial . . . the rest of us are well aware of the hate, violence and destruction that islam has wrought on our world.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by RichyBlacK(m): 6:25pm On Feb 04, 2009
davidylan:

RichyBlack is not known for engaging his brain when it comes to palestinian issues . . . he only sees things in one track - Israel is wrong.
Afam? Puhlease!  grin No comment needed here, just ask other long term residents of the politics section for their own opinion on him.

Lagosboy . . . dont waste your time because i'm certainly NOT wrong. Islam is simply the reason muslims in Nigeria who have never met a jew consider them apes and pigs and fit only to be destroyed. Islam is the only reason muslims are being slaughtered in Darfur but the muslim world (INCLUDING THOSE IN SUDAN) are only bothered about the few killed in Gaza. Islam is the only reason Israel is consistently vilified at the UN security council. Islam is the only reason majority of muslim states have NO diplomatic contact with Israel even though Israel has NEVER been at war with them ever.

My dear go bury ur head in the sands of denial . . . the rest of us are well aware of the hate, violence and destruction that islam has wrought on our world.

David,
Why do you hate Islam so much? Do you hate your Muslim colleagues at work? How about that Muslim professor? You hate her too? Do you hate your Muslim 'friends' also?

The crisis in Sudan is because of ethnicity/race and not Islam - I mean those being killed in Darfur are Muslims too. The problem is that of class, race and ethnicity.

However, one may forgive your assertion on the grounds that there are still many Muslims (particularly Arabs and Black Muslims in Africa, my opinion) who consider Arabs a special race. This air of superiority becomes glaring when you see that the two holiest cities in Islam are under Arab control and the Qu'ran is written in Arabic. Prayers in Islam are mostly always in Arabic and other holy books of Islam that codify the laws (Sharia) and the Islamic Traditions are written in Arabic. This very tight link between Islam and Arabic has become so pervasive that most humans on earth consider any Arabic writing to be Islamic. All these have created in the minds of many Muslims, the questionable view that being Arab is special, and some Black Muslims in Africa (I'm looking at Sudan here) have created an artificial gradation, based on physical characteristics, wealth, status and political power to measure the Arabism of a group. It is my opinion that it is on this artificial gradation that the mostly poor Black Muslims in Darfur have been killed by both Black and Arab Muslims in Sudan. What has not helped matters is the historical reality of Arabs enslaving Blacks in certain parts of Africa, and the concomitant perception that Blacks are inferior to Arabs, paralleling similar slavery-induced perceptions in Europe and the Americas. This false view of Arab superiority or specialness has created some schisms in the Islamic world, and I believe has played a significant role (beside the issue of the succession to the Prophet) in the Persian (mainly Shia) and Arab (mainly Sunni) divides in Islam. There is nothing special about Arabs, they're just another group of Semitic people!
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 04, 2009
RichyBlacK:

The crisis in Sudan is because of ethnicity/race and not Islam - I mean those being killed in Darfur are Muslims too. The problem is that of class, race and ethnicity.

Here is the question you shld ask yourself . . . 300,000 people are dead in Darfur (most of them muslims) . . . 1500 people died in Gaza and Sudanese men were among those donating blood for Gaza (they did no such thing for their colleagues in Darfur). Why is the muslim world falling over themselves about Gaza while completely ignoring Darfur and Somalia?
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by RichyBlacK(m): 6:57pm On Feb 04, 2009
davidylan:

Here is the question you shld ask yourself . . . 300,000 people are dead in Darfur (most of them muslims) . . . 1500 people died in Gaza and Sudanese men were among those donating blood for Gaza (they did no such thing for their colleagues in Darfur). Why is the muslim world falling over themselves about Gaza while completely ignoring Darfur and Somalia?

We're on the same page here. Those dying in Darfur are mostly Muslims and the government of Sudan is responsible for the well-being of all Sudanese. I outlined my ideas in some detail on my previous post.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by TayoD1(m): 7:19pm On Feb 04, 2009
@Richyblack,

We're on the same page here.
Did I read that right? shocked  You mean there can be a convergence of thought between Richyblack and Davidlylan?  Seems like there is hope for the Isreali-Palestinian conflict afterall.
Re: Terrorist State Of Israel Resumes Shelling Of Children. by Nobody: 11:31pm On Feb 04, 2009
Tayo-D:

@Richyblack,
Did I read that right? shocked You mean there can be a convergence of thought between Richyblack and Davidlylan? Seems like there is hope for the Isreali-Palestinian conflict afterall.

i'm shocked myself. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Terrorist Trials In America: Where Do You Think That It Should Take Place ? / Obama Ordered U.s. Military Strike On Yemen Terrorists / What is The Difference Between Communism And Capitalism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.