Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,108 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries (10212 Views)

Okorocha Presents 25 Prado Jeeps & 2 Land Cruisers To Imo Lawmakers / Ekiti Lawmakers Protest Against Harassment Of Fayose By FG / Ekiti Lawmakers Protest At US, UK Embassies(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by cabjoy(m): 4:25am On Apr 16, 2015
OWERRI—Imo State   lawmakers rose from a plenary, yesterday, and marched straight to the Office of the Accountant-General, AG, to protest the non-payment of their two months salaries and allowances.

The legislators were also irked that workers in some ministries and parastatals had reportedly not been paid their February and March 2015 salaries.

The lawmakers reacted angrily to the motion raised by the member representing Onuimo state constituency, Mr. Robertson Ekwebelem, and was seconded by the member for Ehime Mbano constituency, Mr. Kingsley Dimaku.

Following the motion, the House resolved to meet with the Accountant-General and the Commissioner for Finance, to ascertain why civil servants and lawmakers were being owed their legitimate earnings.

The obviously angry lawmakers, on arrival at the Accountant-General’s Office, were heard as they sought to know the reason their salaries and that of civil servants remained unpaid for two months.

Vanguard, however, gathered that their trip to the Accountant-General’s Office was fruitless as the AG, Mrs. S. N. Udogu, was said to be attending to another official assignment somewhere.

It was also gathered that Mrs. Udogu was promptly alerted of the lawmakers’ protest march and quickly scampered into safety before their arrival.

A senior staff member in one of the state ministries told Vanguard that “when the trip to the AG’s office failed, the legislators stormed the office of the Commissioner for Finance, before returning to the House to conclude the day’s sitting.”
Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/imo-lawmakers-protest-non-payment-of-2-months-salaries/
Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by MrKnowitall: 4:30am On Apr 16, 2015
What have they done to deserve their salaries? If they can't answer that question satisfactorily then their payments should be withheld till further notice.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by cabjoy(m): 4:38am On Apr 16, 2015
Noted
Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by Nobody: 4:53am On Apr 16, 2015
Marvellous God, you are so good.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by obinoral1179(m): 4:58am On Apr 16, 2015
They should ask the civil servant in kogi,benue and osun.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by Jeezyy(m): 5:00am On Apr 16, 2015
Just two month and they are shouting, if it were the civil servants that had not been paid for like 6month, there'll be like..*please calm down govt is working on it*.....the thunder were go fire them still the do press-up

15 Likes

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by Pavore9: 5:01am On Apr 16, 2015
They are angry because the non-payment affected them!

2 Likes

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by politricks: 5:37am On Apr 16, 2015
I have to give it to Kwara state, i have never heard of them protesting over non-payment of salary, despite the little they get from the government compared to others.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by ideykwum: 6:24am On Apr 16, 2015
Rochas!!! Remove the log in your eye before you worry about the speck in the eyes of your critics!

16 Likes

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by Nobody: 7:37am On Apr 16, 2015

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by Sweetcollins: 7:37am On Apr 16, 2015
We re watching
Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by ahaasaj: 7:38am On Apr 16, 2015
you see what we are saying

1 Like

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by folabayo1(f): 7:39am On Apr 16, 2015
Make una chill baba is here all your problems shall be solve come may28
Its time for change
Its a new dawn
God bless Baba
God bless nigeria
God bless me
Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by constance500: 7:39am On Apr 16, 2015
I'm coming back to comment
Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 16, 2015
Good one....let them also experience the bitter tale witnessed by many civil servants. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by Nobody: 7:40am On Apr 16, 2015
Hmn Tanoids tho

I was in an Igbo church recently and was surprised when the Choir raised the song

" Somebody say baba
Somebody say baba
Baba baba baba
Baba baba Mi loke

.I was surprised When most people didn't join in the songs .On questioning one of my taniod friends he replied
" The choir master is partial. He is becoming tribalistic.He has been compromised.And we cannot continue with him.How can he be shouting Sai baba sai baba in d church of God.Has the wind of change reached the church of God.
We are not saying any baba grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by CharlieMaria(m): 7:40am On Apr 16, 2015
L
Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by okotv(m): 7:40am On Apr 16, 2015
it can pain
Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by Uceee93: 7:40am On Apr 16, 2015
Hmm. Jst came here to chew kola. Will b back to comment. cool
Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by driand(m): 7:41am On Apr 16, 2015
Nigerian law makers on the state and federal level have been there since 1999 as if they're not there, after all the executive arm still does whatever pleases it without answering questions from anyone, if those I'm law makers have been doing their jobs diligently, and uphold the purpose f9r which the people voted them in, I don't think their salaries would be an issue they have to protest for,

In my opinion I concur to what MrKnowitall said "what have the done to deserve their salaries?" if they can't give a credible response the salary should be withheld till further notice.
Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by driand(m): 7:42am On Apr 16, 2015
MrKnowitall:
What have they done to deserve their salaries? If they can't answer that question satisfactorily then their payments should be withheld till further notice.
I love that. grin
Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by fireforfire: 7:42am On Apr 16, 2015
Thieves
Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by adeapor: 7:42am On Apr 16, 2015
you see after yabing goodluck

2 Likes

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by nerodenero: 7:44am On Apr 16, 2015
Even the private company owners owing the commoners alot of salaries. Who will they cry to?
obinoral1179:
They should ask the civil servant in kogi,benue and osun.
Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by naijafresh: 7:45am On Apr 16, 2015
No sympathy for these lawless lawmakers.
No one deserves their salary and other remunerations. Not a single one of them

They are a drain on the state and nations resources. They have been paid enough over the years anyway

The huge salaries were paid to these politicians supposedly to curb corruption but instead they have become greedier and corruption has become their second nature. Time to review the wasteful largesse afforded to this super elite class of citizens who make up less than 2% of the population but consume a considerable proportion of its resources, and with nothing to show for it either.

2 Likes

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by tushburg(m): 7:47am On Apr 16, 2015
My people my people, please clam down...this Rochas guy is jus too controversial

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by teniola55(m): 7:47am On Apr 16, 2015
Space
Re: Imo Lawmakers Protest Non-payment Of 2 Months Salaries by realest247(m): 7:48am On Apr 16, 2015
Imagine that! Rochas you are better than what some evil Godfathers are pushing you to do. Pls don't dent your image and integrity that took you years to build i beg you Sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Saraki Senate Presidency: Tinubu​ Blasts President Buhari / Ondo 2016: Sheriff Holds Primary Next Week / Kano LG Polls: NDLEA Screens 250 Candidates, Says Some Of Them Are Drug Addict

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.