Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,108 members, 7,863,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:06 AM

Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing Pdp Campaign Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing Pdp Campaign Funds (866 Views)

Ozekhome Petitions Magu Over N450m Enugu PDP Campaign Funds / Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing PDP Campaign Funds - Vanguard / Soldiers Surround Ex Gombe State Governor, Senator Danjuma Goje's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing Pdp Campaign Funds by Betterment: 7:13am On Apr 16, 2015
Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State and former minister in the Second Republic, Senator Bello Maitama Yusuf, are currently flexing muscles over N15 million campaign funds allegedly diverted by the latter.

Consequently, Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, which reportedly released the money to the Senator, is seeking to arrest him, with a view to recovering the money disbursed for purposes of electioneering.
It was alleged that he defected to All Progressives Congress, APC, after taking the money.
While Governor Lamido asked Senator Yusuf to refund the money or face arrest, the Senator dared the governor to arrest him.

Vanguard authoritatively gathered that Governor Lamido approved the release of N15 million to Yusuf for onward disbursement to the electorate in his Gwaram constituency during the governorship, state assembly and House of Representatives elections.
Senator Yusuf, in a swift reaction, denied ever taking campaign funds from PDP for disbursement to electorate in his constituency, adding that his defection to All Progressives Congress, APC, was the reason the story was concocted to malign him.
Yusuf said: “I am just a victim of circumstance; because I defected to APC.

“It is unbelievable. I do not have business with campaign funds. I spend my own money for the development of my people and the party.”
Publicity Secretary of PDP in Jigawa State, Alhaji Musa Abdullahi, confirmed that Senator Yusuf received campaign funds and that the party had reported the case to the state Police Command.

State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, ASP Abdu Jinjiri, confirmed that the command received a complaint from the state PDP in respect of the alleged campaign money.
He said investigation was ongoing, and that the command had sent its men to invite the senator for questioning.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/governor-senator-flex-muscles-over-missing-pdp-campaign-funds/#sthash.533P2KpV.dpuf
Re: Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing Pdp Campaign Funds by caselessogbuagu: 7:16am On Apr 16, 2015
PDP symbolises anything corruption; they steal from us and steal from themselves.
Re: Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing Pdp Campaign Funds by SHARIAREPORTERS: 7:17am On Apr 16, 2015
Medicine after death
Re: Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing Pdp Campaign Funds by omenka(m): 7:23am On Apr 16, 2015
What a useless party...

1 Like

Re: Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing Pdp Campaign Funds by enoqueen: 7:23am On Apr 16, 2015
Pdp jaga jage
Everything scatter
Re: Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing Pdp Campaign Funds by temitemi1(m): 7:26am On Apr 16, 2015
Thank GOD The thief is now where his fellow thieves resides(apc) grin grin grin
caselessogbuagu:
PDP symbolises anything corruption; they steal from us and steal from themselves.

1 Like

Re: Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing Pdp Campaign Funds by walemoney007(m): 7:32am On Apr 16, 2015
temitemi1:
Thank GOD The thief is now where his fellow thieves resides(apc) grin grin grin
TINUBU is my HERO,BUHARI is my ROLE MoDEL..BUHARI till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing Pdp Campaign Funds by modath(f): 7:35am On Apr 16, 2015
Scamming the Scammer... Correct!!! cheesy and what does distribution to "electorates" mean, if not buying votes?God yaff cash dem.
Re: Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing Pdp Campaign Funds by Ahmed0336(m): 7:52am On Apr 16, 2015
What goes around comes around
Re: Governor, Senator Flex Muscles Over Missing Pdp Campaign Funds by walemoney007(m): 8:28am On Apr 16, 2015
modath:
[b]Scamming the Scammer
bro I swear dis ur comment funny die grin

(1) (Reply)

In Protest Of South African Attacks. ....am Burning My MTN Line. ... / Is This The End? Nigeria And Lower Niger Republic / Online Shopping | Electronics, Phones, Fashion & More | Jumia Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.