Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,181 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC (51747 Views)

Buhari Never Promised N5,000 Jobseeker’s Allowance -presidency / Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by COOLDK(m): 3:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
obailala:

Why are GEJ/PDP supporters just dull to a fault?

From all the links above, can anyone of you please point out where Buhari said he would make N1 = $1. Now I did not ask you to post a video of an android reading a statement written by a PDP Vanguard journalist.

Buhari was alleged to have made the statement in full public glare in Owerri yet not a single video or audio evidence exists; in fact the only person who heard this melody was a sick Vanguard journalist.

Even though the sick Vanguard journalist mischievously put up this misleading title for his story, he was gracious enough to put the ACTUAL statement of Buhari in quote;

[size=18pt]“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’[/size]

Of course the PDP and GEJ supporters in their shallowness chose to go with the mischievous and misleading title even as they totally avoided the content of the report.

God bless you. Just wanted to highlight out Buhari's comment in the article before I read your comment.
I just wondered how intelligent and educated men are been confused all in the name of politics.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by yorke1: 3:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ameachi is always the odd person among then. Ameachi the errant boy and driver.
Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by ikkkkk: 3:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
Firefire:

[size=18pt]I’ll make Naira equal in value to dollar, says Buhari [/size]

Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office. Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri. “It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said. He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected. Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing. Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth. He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections. Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally. The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN) -

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZKq4frrggU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sWIfFWrWPU

Bravo.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Franzeez(m): 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
5k for all Jobless Nigerian youth....

Grabs origin, calls friend to celebrate.

We have a presido in GMB

He must fufil it oooo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by honeychild(f): 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Nice one boss, These guys are bunch of hypoctical Liars. What does egift have to say about this? grin

These videos are of oyibo people saying "Buhari said....." I want to see a video of Buhari himself saying "I will make naira equal to dollar."

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
Government of lies and propaganda. Una never see something yet.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by betty202020(m): 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Lies...
See this link: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

We won't aaccept that. grin
All I know is this, Buhari must make a Naira equal to a Dollar.

Lest I forget, He should also stabilize global oil price

We need change grin
what did u expect from a party that is rooted from lie. good morning nigeria. change indeed

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by maduxs: 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
This early morning

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by InvertedHammer: 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
Firefire:

Owerri – The All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, on Monday said he would ensure that the Naira was equal to the dollar in value, if voted into office. Buhari stated this during the South-East presidential rally of the party at Dan Anyima Stadium, Owerri. “It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said. He urged the people to vote for APC, noting that he would ensure that corruption was tackled headlong if elected. Earlier, Gov Rochas Okorocha had urged APC supporters to vote for the party’s candidates at all levels, noting that a vote for Buhari without support to others at the state would amount to nothing. Okorocha said Buhari would address the problem of electricity, bring back the kidnapped Chibok girls and promote industrial growth. He said that Buhari was loved by the people in the region and urged them to elect him and other APC candidates during the March 28 and April 11 general elections. Former governor of Anambra, Mr Chinwoke Mbadinuju and former Minister of Education, Chinwe Obaji, were formally welcomed to the APC at the rally. The rally was attended by APC supporters from Abia, Ebonyi, Anambra, Enugu and Imo. (NAN) -

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

/

You suck!

This is not how to present an evidence.

I was waiting to hear GMB's speech and this is all you got?

THIS IS HOW IT IS DONE.

Check out this below:

\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALQZE5d5bIY

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by xynerise: 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
Them don start their political madness undecided

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by ApexTitan(m): 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ralphlauren:

you are a true block head !!

why wasnt he quoted in the article ?

do you know what ''quoted'' means?

Its amusing that you are now trying to hide behind semantics. The message in that piece is clear APC should quietly tell Nigerians that the vanguard article is false, this twisting and turning is embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Kingspin(m): 3:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
This is one of the languages used by APC to deceive those that claim to be educated.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by ikkkkk: 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
Firefire:

Bravo
APC should deny this also.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by 989900: 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
Miseducation makes people believe everything they read, even those they can't read. #SMH

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by martineverest(m): 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
Haha..watching nigeria politics in 3d qhd tv
joshuaidibia:
One by one, na so them go deny everything! angry angry angry
Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Ralphlauren(m): 3:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
ApexTitan:

Its amusing that you are now trying to hide behind semantics. The message in that piece is clear APC should quietly tell Nigerians that the vanguard article is false, this twisting and turning is embarrassing.

Gosh

Are you seriously this dull shocked shocked

What has APC done with this press release? Is it not to let your kind know that the article is false?

I don't know why I'm conversing with you.

I trust APC to do the needful and sue vanguard. This is what Abati did until he went begging GMB and the case was settled out of court.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by betty202020(m): 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
IsraeliAIRFORCE:

Bravo APC

This policy should be implemented not minding coming from the so-called GEJ's clueless administration.
which means buhari is becoming clueless even when his yet to be sworn in. copy copy wan kill buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by jadelyn007(f): 3:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
Truckpusher:
How can that demonic broom carrying party members do without lies when their foundation to victory was nothing but all lies,deceit and propaganda.

*spreads mat ,while waiting patiently for 1 $ = 1 Naira* grin grin
Nigerians are a very gullible lot. So Chinua Achebe was right after all that the only thing Nigerians learn from experience is that they learn nothing from experience. I don't know why Nigerians swallow the lies politicians tell them hook, line, sinker. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by unclejb2(m): 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hey!!! See one chance oooo!!!. We don die be that ooooo!!. Chai Dia is God oooooo!!!! Ohh why did we do this to ourselves!
APC why.... APC why..... APC why? Dia is God oooo!!! Great Grand Pa certificateless Almajiri Buhari na so u wan take dribble us Nigerian? I told them to look before they leap and all I heard was "SAI BUHARI... SAI BABA" Now they are recanting. Buhari said he will find missing girls during campaigns, now he has denied. Great Grand Pa Almajiri Buhari why are u denying every of ur campaign promises Buhari why??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by egift(m): 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
honeychild:

These videos are of oyibo people saying "Buhari said....." I want to see a video of Buhari himself saying "I will make naira equal to dollar."

Don't mind these PDP sychophants. They want to deceive Nigerians with a $5 gig front Fiverr. They gave an Oyibo vanguard headline to read as voice-over and call it evidence.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by noeloge82(m): 3:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
Foundation built on lies must have a leaking roof maybe it not Gob that is in the video but photo shop Gej
Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Williamso(m): 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
PDP supporters, try and get over yourselves. If you believed Buhari said that, then that's fine (I thought so and I felt it was a very dumb thing to say). But after reading this rebuttal, I had to do a bit of due diligence, and I realized it wasn't said after all; not even a single quote in the vanguard article or a video evidence (not 3rd-party trash). Truly, journalism has gone to the dogs. That's how they came up with the lie that Buhari promised to make Nigeria ungovernable for GEJ.
Wonder why it wasn't debunked sooner though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by esere826: 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Lies...
See this link: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

We won't aaccept that. grin
All I know is this, Buhari must make a Naira equal to a Dollar.

Lest I forget, He should also stabilize global oil price

We need change grin
Although I agree that APC was quite full of propaganda during their campaign (more than PDP who also used propaganda), however this is what your link quotes GMB as saying:

“It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’’ he said.

The newspaper's headline of Buhari saying he'd make one naira equal one dollar surely does not do justice to that quote.

APC goons sha grin at that time, they kept quite and allowed some simpletons buy into this misinformation.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by 989900: 3:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ralphlauren:

Gosh

Are you seriously this dull shocked shocked

What has APC done with this press release? Is it not to let your kind know that the article is false?

I don't know why I'm conversing with you.

I trust APC to do the needful and sue vanguard. This is what Abati did until he went begging GMB and the case was settled out of court.

Stop wasting your time with 'half-stupid' people. They can't tell 'A' from 'B', even if it's starring right at them.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by DrMaths(m): 3:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
Firefire:

egift and Passingshot!

MAD ONLINE MEN OF THE YEAR

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by zicoraads: 3:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
See them, running from pillar to post to defend their boss. Just as y'all made life a living hell for Jonathan's government...we intend to return the favour in equal measure. This is just the beginning. Y'all have no idea of what we have planned. I just hope that this government would also take it in its chin as Jonathan's did. We would be brutal. Very very brutal.

Now my question is, when Vanguard and Co came up with the 'lies', why didn't they deny it then? Or, are they just becoming aware of the story? Even if he didn't, his silence showed he approved of it.

The APC shouldn't take millions of people for granted, we cannot be fooled. He rode on his promises to become President and he must fulfil each and everyone of them.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Ralphlauren(m): 3:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
989900:

Stop wasting your time with 'half-stupid' people. They can't tell 'A' from 'B', even if it's starring right at them.

NOTED.

thanks bro!
Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by Nobody: 3:35pm On Apr 16, 2015
wisdomguy4u:
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has denied
that its presidential candidate, Muhammadu
Buhari, promised to bring the naira at par with the
dollar if voted into power come March, 28, 2015.
APC also promised to implement the
recommendations of the Presidential Committee
on the Restructuring and Rationalisation of Federal
Government Parastatals, Commissions and
Agencies to merge or scrap some agencies and
parastatals.

Speaking on Tuesday, Director, Policies and
Strategy of the APC campaign group, Bolaji
Abdullahi, made the clarification on Tuesday at the
Nigeria Political Parties Discussion Series (NPPDS)
organised by the Centre for Democracy and
Development (CDD) in Abuja, with the theme;
‘Manifesto Hour: Political Parties and the Citizenry’.

According to him, what Buhari said was that the
current exchange rate of the naira to the dollar was
unacceptable.
“Buhari never said, ‘I will bring naira at par with the
dollars’, he said the current exchange rate was
unacceptable.
“We are going to restructure the way we educate
our youths. We cannot continue to educate our
youths in the way of the 1960s,” he stated.
He also faulted the current educational system,
which gives preference to university education,
saying his party would restructure the system such
that every youth would be employable after
graduation.

While promising to also give the issues of people
living with disabilities adequate focus, he disclosed
that a social security programme has been planned
in which the most vulnerable in the society would
be given N5, 000 per month

Earlier, APC Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed,
said his party’s manifesto centres on job creation,
corruption and security.

www.dailypost.ng/2015/03/26/buhari-never-promised-apc-to-make-naira-equal-to-dollar-apc/

One Chance things! Very soon we go hear 'GMB only needed accommodation in Abuja, that was why he ran for president'
APC!!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by ApexTitan(m): 3:36pm On Apr 16, 2015
This is an obvious attempt at backpedalling, it was clear that that promise was unachievable and unrealistic. Interestingly APC didn't do anything to correct what they now claim was a false report from Vanguard newspaper before the elections.

A whole lot of explaining will still be done by this party as they try to reduce the expectations(whether realistic or not) that they allowed to be spread during the campaigns.

Interesting times ahead.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by dynamicbuzz(f): 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
You guys should just accept that this man would rule you all for 4 years or more, instead of giving yourselves unnecessary headache, just move on with your lives jare. Finding his flaws here and there won't stop him from being the president, same way pdp spent their campaign time and money on trying to bring apc down and he still won. Don't you guys learn? Move on! He would do the best he can do for the country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Never Promised APC To Make Naira Equal To Dollar – APC by eagleeye2: 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2015
Please I don't want Baba to equal Naira to Dollar. But I hope he won't deny that he is about to stabilize world Oil Price
Please APC you people should not deny this one ohh. And my unemployed brothers and sisters are eagerly waiting for their 5000 naira.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Peter Obi Supporter Climbs Stadium Floodlight In Gombe (Photos) / Army Reacts To Photo Of Soldiers Torturing A Man In Nassarawa / What CSU Documents Really Say About Tinubu' Studentship, Age, Gender - FIJ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.