Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,933 members, 7,952,762 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy (878 Views)

Buhari, Obama, Other World Leaders In Group Pics At The Nuclear Security Summit / Buhari, Obama, Ban Ki-Moon At UN General Meeting (Photos) / Buhari, Obama & VP Joe Biden With Nigerian Delegation At The White House (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by ijustdey: 4:11pm On Apr 16, 2015
The United States Vice President Joe Biden has assured the President-elect, Maj. Gen.Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), that the US government is willing and ready to work with him.
Biden gave this assurance when he made a phone call to Buhari on Wednesday. In a statement made available to our correspondent by the White House on Thursday, the US vice president spoke with the All
Progressives Congress standard bearer and winner of the March 28 presidential poll to congratulate him on his victory in the recent election “and affirm that the United Statesstands ready to expand collaboration with Nigeria on issues of common concern, including
economic and security matters.” Biden commended Buhari for his leadership in helping to ensure the elections were conducted peacefully and urged him to continue to foster a smooth, inclusive, and peaceful transition with President Goodluck Jonathan.
The statement added, “The Vice President
expressed the United States’ support for Nigeria’s efforts to counter Boko Haram, recover hostages held by the group, and protect civilian populations. The Vice President also expressed the willingness of the United States to partner more closely with Nigeria to strengthen its economy.”
Earlier in the week, the President-elect had said Nigeria would work closely with the US government especially in the area of security.

http://www.punchng.com/news/us-ready-to-work-with-buhari-obamas-vice/
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by mhizpeaarl(f): 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
That's good to hear grin
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by geedeex2(m): 4:15pm On Apr 16, 2015
Isokeee..but if I may ask, to work with him on what?
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by cally3D(m): 4:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
Gud!
I smell these dudes wud soon convince Buhari 2 reverse dis gay-law!
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by 9jii(m): 4:21pm On Apr 16, 2015
The wind of Change blows with Good News these days.

Sai baba
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by Bevista: 4:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
Watching keenly as Nigeria takes its rightful place in Foreign Affairs matters.

I'm sure Nigeria will assume its Leadership position in African affairs, while engaging responsibly with other continental allies
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by EbubeOnoh(m): 4:27pm On Apr 16, 2015
This is the real CHANGE we have been waiting.
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by crownprince102: 4:30pm On Apr 16, 2015
Hmmm..... I hope it's with honesty.
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by Islie: 4:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
I trust US they grabbed every opportunity with two hands. President Buhari said cooperation on security but Biden said with economy..........

We all know USA is looking for permanent interest and not friendship
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by Gbawe: 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2015
cally3D:
Gud!
I smell these dudes wud soon convince Buhari 2 reverse dis gay-law!

I think they are more interested in Buhari stopping Nigeria from becoming a 'transit point' for terror in West Africa and beyond.

2 Likes

Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 16, 2015
Yessoo Oga Obama, Our #1 request: No refuge for myriad of Kworupt Nigerian politicians that would be seeking "political" asylum in your country. I hear say u recently turned down Madam Diezani , three big gbosas for you.
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by morethanadoll(f): 8:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
I think that he is making the right decision for Nigeria by having these conversations with the America. I think that the country can gain a lot of positives when agreements are set.
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by dunkem21(m): 8:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
Tell me something that I don't know.

US suddenly wants to help Nigeria even to fight terrorism ..the same US and Obama wey we don beg tire grin

Why una no help GEJ?

Hahahahahahahahaha.
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by itetemi: 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
good to know
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by ki02020(m): 8:29pm On Apr 16, 2015
If ur ways are clean to a reasonale extent things will deffinately work out for you, this is what is playing out in buhari case
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by nationwide1(m): 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
Buhari don gree to sign homosexuality law for our constitution ni? This American political romance with Buhari I no understand o!
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by egift(m): 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
E don dey happen. Buhari reconciling and rebuilding relations with everyone before even assuming office.

God thank you for delivering us from the claws of PDP.

Sai Buhari.
Re: US Ready To Work With Buhari – Obama’s Deputy by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 16, 2015
Gbawe:

I think they are more interested in Buhari stopping Nigeria from becoming a 'transit point' for terror in West Africa and beyond.
The need a strong partner to help in checkmating. Isil in Africa(Libya) ,alqeada , CAR crisis.
Economy is also a pnt

(1) (Reply)

MUST-READ: TB Joshua's Message For Nigerian Politicians / Let's Help Jonathan Account For The N2trillion / State Security Service Uncover Plot To Kill Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.