Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,640 members, 7,858,371 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 June 2024 at 01:22 PM

Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither (3334 Views)

5 Reasons God Doesn’t Answer Your Prayers / 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets / 5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither by Dan1cole(m): 7:44am On Apr 19, 2015
openmine:

First, it must come from d decision of ur heart,
secondly,it must not b required or obligated, finally,God loves a cheerful or generous giver.
... its no longer giving but u r actually or indirectly making a payment..
Tithing is giving to God as a sign of honour ...
It's no payment ... How much do we have that we would pay God?
Yes! It has to come from your heart and not because it is forced on you. And it has to be of freewill and cheerfully.
It's not a payment; it's an honour.
Re: Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither by brocab: 7:52am On Apr 19, 2015
If you think monies the answer in loving God, then of course you will believe you can buy your way into heaven.
And why did Jesus make that new covenant? Because he found fault with the old one, think about it, Abram paid a tithe that didn't belong to him? Jacob made a promised to God he will pay a tithe, not because it was an order from the top..
The Levi Priesthood ripped of God, every year, the Pharisees not only collecting the tithes and offerings but more, selling the merchandise on temple grounds that didn't belong to them.
This is the message the Lord gave to the Levi Priesthood-Will a man rob God-and yet you have robbed Me, in what way have we robbed you- in tithes and offerings. They were selling the stocks crops, and merchandise on temple grounds, the farmers had tithed.
If God wanted tithes and offerings to be in finances he would have given us that covenant to do so.
But He didn't.
You would be only lying to yourself if you don't pray to God for the extra, 100 fold money back guarantee. Many tithers believe tithing is just a resource to give back to God , as everything belongs to him in the first place.
God didn't give to take it away from you, God isn't an Indian giver, he gives us the things we need, before we ask him.
So don't tell me I have to tithe to retrieve my reward...
Dan1cole:

And who told you I pray for a money back guarantee? That's not tithing; You might as well call it pawning, investing or gambling and so on... Such persons simply want to take advantage of God.
But then, tithing is a demonstration of your love to God, that you can actually honor Him with your finance. It not an obligation, nor a law (like I said before), it's a covenant.
And also, there's no crime being expectant to enjoy the benefits of something, as long as it is done rightly.
Re: Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither by brocab: 8:10am On Apr 19, 2015
Then get with the program and work out the meanings between the two-tithing and giving? Two different meanings, tithing means a percentage, and giving means it can be less or more.
Freewill giving isn't the same as tithing-because tithing was forced on you as a law.
The Lord said He Loves a cheerful giver. The Lord did not say a cheerful tither...
Dan1cole:

Tithing is giving to God as a sign of honour ...
Yes! It has to come from your heart and not because it is forced on you. And it has to be of freewill and cheerfully.
Re: Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither by Dan1cole(m): 8:17am On Apr 19, 2015
openmine:
You are adding wat u think happened in d garden of eden...pls do not add to scriptures...if we want to go by ur own concept,we can as well say dat every form of disobedience to God in d scriptures were associated with tithes...
Didn't they steal from God?
Look, their actual sin was stealing. Read properly!

openmine:
With all due respect,God didnt prosper Abraham or his offsprings because of tithe...God made a covenant with abraham where he declared dat abraham and his offspring will be blessed and be a blessing to many nations (Genesis 12:1-3)
So his wealth and greatness was as a result of d covenant made by God due to Abraham's belief in him not because of tithe...if u arent satisfied,pls show me a scripture(just one) where abraham or his offspring prospered as a result of tithes...am waiting
Yes! God blessed him and made the covenant with him; but abraham worked out his wealth. Study properly.
Genesis 14:20

openmine:
If tithes or any of d laws of moses actually gave us life and security,den wat was d purpose of christ coming....Galatians 3:21
So christ is no longer the one who gives life anymore(john10:10),it now d tithes you pay dat gives u "life and security"?
You must be joking....
Wrong sir...Ur belief in christ is a shield against d devil and not ur tithes.....d devil cometh not but to steal,to kill and to destroy,but jesus has come to give life and to give it in abundance(john10:10)
Am very sure ur salvation is hinged on ur payment of tithes..
Nope, my salvation is not hinged on payment of tithes.
Yes! You made a point; but then, I only quoted what is written. So if you consider God a liar, then good for you.
And I never said tithing gives life. That's just absurd!

openmine:
This is another shocking admission from u..where did u get such error from..even d scripture u r quoting has absolutely nothing to do wit ur analogy..so were d early christians in acts who didnt tithe,bereft of ideas?
Even the scriptures explicitly states dat God has blessed us with every spiritual blessing ephesians 1:3-6
Yes! Again you made a point.
But then, there is nothing wrong with wanting to enjoy a rain of blessings from open heavens. Is there?

openmine:
Ofcourse evry christian must be envied in d world not because of a personality but because of God tru christ jesus....even d scripture clearly states dat we are d light of d world and d salt of d earth thanks to God through christ jesus (matthew5:13-16) it has nothing to do with your payment of tithes....
You know I love the way you use the Jesus factor ... Just brilliant!
But then, what will sinners envy you for? Your looks? your character? Your purity? No!
But they will only envy you when have something they don't and/or you surpass them. Like in the case of Isaac.
Tell me, yes! You are the light of the world but how will you successfully potray your light if you yourself are not lighting up?
Re: Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither by Dan1cole(m): 8:19am On Apr 19, 2015
brocab:
Then get with the program and work out the meanings between the two-tithing and giving? Two different meanings, tithing means a percentage, and giving means it can be less or more.
Freewill giving isn't the same as tithing-because tithing was forced on you as a law.
The Lord said He Loves a cheerful giver. The Lord did not say a cheerful tither...
Well, me I see it as giving/returning and not payment nor a forced law.
Re: Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither by brocab: 8:30am On Apr 19, 2015
Well if you believe you are giving/ then you gave, not tithed.
Your argument is closed, you don't tithe to give, you give in a cheerful manner..
Dan1cole:

Well, me I see it as giving/returning and not payment nor a forced law.

1 Like

Re: Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither by Dan1cole(m): 8:32am On Apr 19, 2015
brocab:
If you think monies the answer in loving God, then of course you will believe you can buy your way into heaven.
And why did Jesus make that new covenant? Because he found fault with the old one, think about it, Abram paid a tithe that didn't belong to him? Jacob made a promised to God he will pay a tithe, not because it was an order from the top..
The Levi Priesthood ripped of God, every year, the Pharisees not only collecting the tithes and offerings but more, selling the merchandise on temple grounds that didn't belong to them.
This is the message the Lord gave to the Levi Priesthood-Will a man rob God-and yet you have robbed Me, in what way have we robbed you- in tithes and offerings. They were selling the stocks crops, and merchandise on temple grounds, the farmers had tithed.
If God wanted tithes and offerings to be in finances he would have given us that covenant to do so.
But He didn't.
You would be only lying to yourself if you don't pray to God for the extra, 100 fold money back guarantee. Many tithers believe tithing is just a resource to give back to God , as everything belongs to him in the first place.
God didn't give to take it away from you, God isn't an Indian giver, he gives us the things we need, before we ask him.
So don't tell me I have to tithe to retrieve my reward...
First things first, I never and will never pray for money. That'll be sad.
And secondly, do you give offerings in church? Why?
"Abram paid tithe that didn't belong to him"; so you agree that tithe belongs to God and not to us.
Jacob made the promise, why would he make such a promise if he hadn't seen it done before?
They robbed him in tithes and offerings? Remember that... #GodRoberry
How do you want tithes & offerings to be offered if not in cash? In cows and goats?
God is not taking away from you when you tithe; tithing adds to you.
There is a reward for all the righteous, and/but, tithers enjoy the benefits of tithing in addition. Have you not heard, "Store up treasure in heaven, where it will be safe."
Re: Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither by brocab: 10:35am On Apr 19, 2015
Have you got your wording mixed up.
Firstly-when Christ said store up for yourself Treasures {riches} in heaven, he wasn't talking about monies, he is talking about head knowledge seeking the word of God, where moths can't eat and thief's can't break in and steal.
No-one can break into your mind, but they can break into your house-Church business etc...
Secondly-And if you aren't praying for money then why are you tithing? Tithing has been twisted and turned around from what was a food tithe to a money tithe, and if tithing is so important to you to do, then show me in scripture where Jesus told us Christians must tithe, from a 10 fold, some 30, some 60 and some 100 fold.
And I don't believe Abram tithed to God stolen goods, Abram didn't tithe from his own, Abram gave back goods that didn't belong to him.
Would you give to God stolen goods?
Jacob made a promise to God, not because God asked him too.
The Levi Priesthood robbed God in tithes and offerings, I am not a Levi priest.
If I was to obey God's laws in tithes and offerings I will do it the way He told me to tithe in the Old Testament- bring your cows and goats into the store house so My people will have plenty to drink and have food on the table..
Jesus made a new covenant for us to be a cheerful giver, no-longer do we need to tithe a percentage.
Dan1cole:

First things first, I never and will never pray for money. That'll be sad.
And secondly, do you give offerings in church? Why?
"Abram paid tithe that didn't belong to him"; so you agree that tithe belongs to God and not to us.
Jacob made the promise, why would he make such a promise if he hadn't seen it done before?
They robbed him in tithes and offerings? Remember that... #GodRoberry
How do you want tithes & offerings to be offered if not in cash? In cows and goats?
God is not taking away from you when you tithe; tithing adds to you.
There is a reward for all the righteous, and/but, tithers enjoy the benefits of tithing in addition. Have you not heard, "Store up treasure in heaven, where it will be safe."
Re: Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither by openmine(m): 2:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
Dan1cole:

Didn't they steal from God?
Look, their actual sin was stealing. Read properly!
Sorry sir...wrong again...they sinned against God because he gave an instruction...hoping they will abide by them..If u have a different opinion about dat,pls provide scriptures and let me see....no need to add wat is not there.....and besides am not talking about dat...my issue on d adam and eve sin is how does dat relate to paying or not paying tithes...do u have a corresponding scripture to back up ur interpretation?

Dan1cole:

Yes! God blessed him and made the covenant with him; but abraham worked out his wealth. Study properly.
Genesis 14:20

yes he did but not thru tithes...God made serveral covenants with abraham and not a single one of dose covenants had any hint of tithe payment...Genesis 12:1-9;Genesis 15:1-21;Genesis 17:1-27 and others..

the only scripture in genesis dat had tithes or a tenth of everything written was wen abraham went to rescue his cousin lot from the four kings who seized lot and inhabitants of sodom including their goods (Genesis 14:1-16),after abraham came back from d war,he was welcomed by king melchizedek who offered him food and wine and blessed abraham,abraham in a show of gratitude for d kind gesture offered him a tenth of everything(war spoils Hebrews 7:1-4)...there was no law or command from God instructing abraham to pay tithes to d king...absolutely none...if u have any,pls enlighten me by providing one...

Now if we are to make use of this scripture to tithe,does dat mean we are to go to war and rescue a loved one and den wen we come back victorious,we den share d war spoils with d priest or pastor??
How does dis relate to d tithe tru income dat most tithe preachers insist on?
And besides how does dis correspond or sync with the tithes being instructed in d mosaic law...?
why have most tithe preachers systematically or stylishly ignored Deutronomy 14:22-29 and deutronomy 26:1-15 that actually tot d isrealites who to give their tithes to(levites) and wen to give their tithes(yearly or 3rd year)?

Abraham was not blessed by God because he tithed but because of his faith and belief in God...i have provided scriptures and its up to u to provide a contrary scripture where abraham was blessed because of his tithes...am waiting

Dan1cole:

Nope, my salvation is not hinged on payment of tithes.
Yes! You made a point; but then, I only quoted what is written. So if you consider God a liar, then good for you.
And I never said tithing gives life. That's just absurd!

Good...Thank God u believe ur salvation is not as a result of tithes...and no..God is no liar but man because wen we dont understand scriptures and expiration of covenants...we run into errors....God said he has abolished the law of moses and installed a new covenant where Christ now d high priest foreva(hebrew 7:11-28;8:13;colossians 2:13-23;Galatians 3:19-25)...so how am i to oppose him...if he says the laws of moses which includes tithes has been abolished and no longer relevant...why insist on taking tithes and leaving d rest...isnt dat called 'cherry picking'??

Dan1cole:

Yes! Again you made a point.
But then, there is nothing wrong with wanting to enjoy a rain of blessings from open heavens. Is there?

Yes you do have a right to enjoy a 'rain of blessings from open heaven' because God has made you and other christians 'co-heirs' with christ jesus to his abundant riches dat neva stops flowing(Galatians 3:26-29) with no SINGLE CONDITION ATTACHED and not because you 'tithe ur gross income every month to your pastor'...

Dan1cole:

You know I love the way you use the Jesus factor ... Just brilliant!
But then, what will sinners envy you for? Your looks? your character? Your purity? No!
But they will only envy you when have something they don't and/or you surpass them. Like in the case of Isaac.
Tell me, yes! You are the light of the world but how will you successfully potray your light if you yourself are not lighting up?

wen i said you are d light of d world,you sud have understood dat i meant every thing about d fullness and glory of God revealed through us...
yes even our character,gud looks,wealth etc is a reflection of God's goodness and love...so wealth aint d only tin dat makes sinners envy you...pls renew ur mind tru d word of God.....

On a lighter note,I sincerely believe in 'generous giving' as paul admonished the corinthians on d gift of giving(2 corinthians 8:1-15;2 corinthians 9:7)...our giving must be based on generosity(giving without expecting anything in return) rather dan an obligatory payment which is based on insincerity and greed(wanting more)...
...even the early christians whom we are meant to emulate neva paid tithes but sold their lands and offered d funds freely to the apostles who used their monies to cater for the needy and homeless around dem (Acts 4:32-37)
Re: Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither by Dan1cole(m): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nevertheless, although I was never trying to convince you nor anyone to tithe, I see that your mind is made up and nothing and no one can change that (except God).
I won't argue nor waste my time and efforts making points and debating with you guys. It's pointless and useless! [I believe, people like you, respond better to proofs and not words.] and as I mentioned in my article, check those in the kingdom making waves; they are mostly tithers (if not all).
But, since I'll not be responding to this thread anymore, nor will I be login in to nairaland again. I want to leave you with this scripture to read very carefully and meditate on it.
Galatians 6:7 AMP which says "Do not be deceived and deluded and misled; God will not allow Himself to be sneered at (scorned, disdained or mocked by mere pretensions or professions, or by His precepts being set aside.) [He inevitable deludes himself who attempts to delude God.] For whatever a man sows, that and that only is what he will reap."

Just eat on that scripture for me eh!
Anyways, God bless! Keep the faith, spread the word. Stay blessed.
Re: Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither by brocab: 9:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Why have you given up so easy?
Listen we have just studied the word of God-its not our own strength, but Gods strength alone, the Lord directed us to the truth.
We are givers not tithers, its not scriptural any longer, it was a old testament law given to the Levi Priesthood to collect tithes from the farmers and stock-men, and we are not Levi priest, we are Christians. Ask yourself this one small Question>do you follow every law given from bible history-or do you obey just some you have chosen to obey, leaving the rest behind?

Tithing was put in place as a law so even the Levi Priesthood working for God can be fed-along with the homeless the hungry, and the needy.

Why is it you obey tithing when it's no-longer needed-you are robbing God-you have twisted God's word around to gain monies-1 Timothy 6, Tithing was never used to be put in place, so one can buy and sell for a price.
Tithing was used to feed the needy.

If you read Acts 15, this is a good chapter to start with. And ask the Lord to show you the truth.
And He will-like He had showing us too.
And Galatians 6:7, what a man sows he will also reap, is not about money, its about seeking the word of God, the Lord said> Matthew 6:26>Consider the birds of the air they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor put into barns, and yet the lord feeds them, How much more are you?

Dan1cole:
Nevertheless, although I was never trying to convince you nor anyone to tithe, I see that your mind is made up and nothing and no one can change that (except God).
I won't argue nor waste my time and efforts making points and debating with you guys. It's pointless and useless! [I believe, people like you, respond better to proofs and not words.] and as I mentioned in my article, check those in the kingdom making waves; they are mostly tithers (if not all).
But, since I'll not be responding to this thread anymore, nor will I be login in to nairaland again. I want to leave you with this scripture to read very carefully and meditate on it.
Galatians 6:7 AMP which says "Do not be deceived and deluded and misled; God will not allow Himself to be sneered at (scorned, disdained or mocked by mere pretensions or professions, or by His precepts being set aside.) [He inevitable deludes himself who attempts to delude God.] For whatever a man sows, that and that only is what he will reap."

Re: Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither by openmine(m): 12:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
Dan1cole:

And yet again like every tither(on nairaland) who wud never want to learn,you avoid debates and explicit scriptures and wud rather come with d excuse dat most of d rich men in d world are tithers...

I wish you had made ur points with corresponding scriptures 2 buttress ur points,unfortunately wen faced with scriptures you cant run from,you and ur likes hide under d guise dat "its not by force to tithe"...the scripture says in romans 14:5 that you must be fully persuaded about wat you believe in...if you cant show me with scriptures wat has convinced you to tithe,den wat is ur conviction or belief??

D scripture u put up is not only shocking but a disappointment...i have given you scriptures to prove my interpretations and you are yet to produce one dat instructs new covenant christians(not isrealites) to tithe...you sud be the one eating on Galatians 6:7 if indeed u understand wat it means...

Finally i urge u to pls get enough scriptures to back ur claim before you raise any issue relating to tithes cos there will always be questions asked...and if you cant come up with relevant answers to them,den i doubt d purpose and sincerity of d thread you created...

God bless you as you keep the faith and spread d Good news to the world! Happy week ahead!!
Re: Five (5) Reasons You Should Be A Tither by brocab: 11:28pm On May 15, 2015
You are mixing up your tithing and giving, tithing was used only for the rich herdsmen and farmers, who obeyed God to tithe, yearly they tithed and yearly they were blessed with rain, God said I will pour out my blessings upon your land.

Tithing wasn't for everybody. not even' the workers who worked with the herds or on the land.
Jesus didn't pay tithes, yes he paid the temple tax, only because he felt force too, instead of an argument he sent Peter to collect money from the fishes mouth.

Matthew 17:24-26, The tax collectors said to Peter does your teacher not pay the temple tax. He said "Yes" after Peter had arrived into the house, Jesus said to him saying, "What do you think Simon?" From whom does the kings of the earth take CUSTOMS OR TAXES from their SONS or from STRANGERS?" Peter said to Jesus from Strangers> Jesus then said to Peter then the SONS are FREE.

Customs were known as the tithes, and taxes, as we know it to be.
Did you catch what Jesus said in scripture?" The SONS are free.. And free indeed we are.

Dan1cole:

(1) (2) (Reply)

The God That Never Was * / Islam And Lesbianism / REVEALED!!!! How Odumeje Was Disgraced, Arrested In Anambra State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.