Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,534 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:56 AM

. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / . (3438 Views)

Streets Of Terror / Echoes Of Lost Love (part 2) (completed) / Echoes Of Lost Love (part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by nellyme(f): 11:59am On Apr 23, 2015
mzzkismet:
takes my seat

Welcome on board
Re: . by theorbiters: 1:35pm On Apr 23, 2015
Mrs. Adams starred at the phone looking puzzled. The number had seemed familiar but her memory was too bogey to remember where.
Her husband rushed in where she laid and she quickly tucked the phone under her pillow.
"Sweetheart. Are you alright? I heard you fainted."

She began another episode of cry as she wrapped her arms around him, burying her head in his muscular chest.
"My daughter." She sobbed. "She's gone. I shouldn't have left her"

"Hey, take it easy. I promise, we would get her." Mr. Adams assured her.

"Promise me you will make them pay." She pleaded, looking into his eyes.

"I swear on my life, all those involved would pay dearly for this insult." He reaffirmed. "Now, you need to rest. I have to take care of things."

She watched as he walked out of the room. She glanced over the phone again and when it was safely tucked away, she slept with a heavy heart.

That night, she had a nightmare where her hands were covered in blood as her daughter laid beside her. She woke up with a scream only to realise it was a dream.
With an army of sweats all over her face, she glanced at her table clock. 06:37:02am.
She shot out from the bed.

She wore a dark blue track sweater and a black scarf to cover her hair and face.
She was about to leave the house but was stopped half way to the door.
"Where are you going?"

She turned. It was her husband. She hadn't noticed him sitting there all along.

"I'm going for my morning run." She replied.

"With a scarf covering your face?

"Yea, I don't want to draw much attention but I just can't sit in this house with so many thoughts stabbing my brain. I need to clear my head." She tried to sound convincing.

"Okay. At least let a security detail follow you." He injected.

"No. I will be fine. I just need some alone time." She said that and walked out of the door.
As she was gone, Mr. Adams picked his phone,
"Follow her. Don't let her know but never let her out of your sight."
Re: . by theorbiters: 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2015
The moon still stood across the sky, waiting for the dawn to break forth as Mrs. Adams walked towards the New City Hotel.
After she had located the room, she took a quick survey to be sure no one was followed her. When she was satisfied, she knocked on the door.
The door opened and she walked in.

She opened her mouth in shock as she recognised Mike. She wasn't expecting to see him.
"What are you doing here?" She queried.

Mike smiled as his eyes ravaged her body in lust. She was still as beautiful as ever.
"Good morning, Sharon."

"Call me Mrs. Adams and where is my daughter?" She fired at him.

"Calm down, she's okay." Mike raised his hands to hush her.

"I need prove."

"Fine." Mike brought out his phone and showed her a video of her daughter. Mrs. Adams broke down in tears again.

"Oh my daughter. Can I see her? Please!!" She pleaded.

"No you can't."

"Then why am I here?" She asked.

"I needed to see you. I miss you so much." Mike spoke as he came forward and cupped her face in his hands.
She could feel his hot breath from his nostril and momentarily kissed him before she quickly broke free from him.

"No Mike. We can't continue to do this." She sobbed.

"Don't you miss me also?"

She felt heartbeat racing as thick sweat formed on her brows. She had begun an affair with him when she suspected her husband of cheating. She enjoyed it while it lasted but after she had carelessly become pregnant, she had to terminate both the pregnancy and the relationship.
Mike had felt bad about it but as he dug dip to realise that her husband had murdered his father, he wanted full vengeance.

"Mike, I am serious about what I said. Last year was a mistake and it shouldn't have happened." She spoke facing him.

"Sharon, I miss you and I need you badly." He pleaded.

"It's Mrs. Adams and I love my family. Is this why you kidnapped my daughter?" Her eyes shot open.

"No. I wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

"Then why?"

"This is about your husband."

She steady her breath, "What did he do this time?"

Just then, there was a bang on the door.

"Ma'am, are you alright in there?" A voice called out from without.

Mike became furious.

"I told you not to tell anyone." Mike spoke in a hushed tone, though he was angry.

"I swear, I did not tell anyone. Please don't kill my daughter." She pleaded.

"That would depend."

"On what?" She asked.

"Just do as I say. Now slowly open the door and if you try anything funny, forget we had anything, amma send you down your grave faster than you can think. Hope you understand?"

She nodded her head as she gulped a ball of saliva. She could see his eyes were become red and she knew better that he was more dangerous when he was like this. Previous experience had taught her so.

She opened the door slowly as the bodyguard stood by the door.
"Ma'am are you alright?"

"Who asked you to follow me?" She queried.

"Your husband just wanted to make sure you were okay. You were taking so long in here. Are you alright?" He searched her face.

"I am okay. You can go now."

"Sorry ma, I can't leave you." With that he forced his way into the room.
Mike who had been hiding behind the door, closed the door when the guard was inside and quickly shot him.

Mrs. Adams screamed for a moment but covered her mouth with her hands.

"You shouldn't have killed him."

"Forget about him. I need you now to go back to your husband and ask him to tell you about Mr. Jonathan Johnson."

"Who is he?" She asked still trembling.

"I think your husband would know better but I doubt he would want to say anything. Just tell him 'The devil is coming and he is bringing hell with him'. I think he would understand."

"But...." She tried to speak but he had already dashed out of the room, leaving her in confusion.

End of Chapter 1

2 Likes

Re: . by stuff46(m): 4:48pm On Apr 23, 2015
cheesy baba, i no de see you for whatsapp again
harjibolar10:
Baba emrys stuff, I see you now, keep em coming Oga boss
Re: . by Kusibe77(m): 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
Sits
Re: . by harjibolar10(m): 8:34am On Apr 26, 2015
stuff46:
cheesy baba, i no de see you for whatsapp again
I've busy ni Jaree big boss, but I'm back now, to stay
Re: . by ironkurtain(m): 11:51pm On Apr 26, 2015
Very nice collaboration.......i wish i could join u guys
Re: . by harjibolar10(m): 10:04am On May 18, 2015
TODAY THE VOTING OF MISS NAIRALAND ELIMINATION ROUND 1 COMMENCES AND TWO OF OUR LITERATURE-LANDERS ARE PARTICIPATING..THEY ARE ONE OF US, LET US SHOW THEM SUPPORT BY CLICKING THIS LINK
https://www.nairaland.com/2320383/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-elimination
AND TYPE:
I VOTE ADEH39
I VOTE MARIAMFERANMI
I VOTE AIPETEE2
Cc:nljega
Tanx for your coperation
Re: . by Nobody: 1:05pm On May 18, 2015
Nice collabo tongue tongue
who is next?? Waiting patiently
Re: . by Fatalveli(m): 9:10am On Mar 20, 2023

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Poetry Reading / Download Game Of Thrones Ebook. / The Blinkards By Kobina Seki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.