Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,054 members, 7,835,562 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES (4885 Views)

5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / The Truth About Speaking In Tongues And Holy Ghost Baptism... / Can The Devil Understand Us When We Speak In Tongues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 18, 2015
vooks:
You are so wrong
Supposing you receive the gift of tongues and you start praying in Chinese, Mandarin. A Chinese next to you would understand you perfectly not because they have a supernatural gift of interpretation but because you are praying in their language.

Interpretation of tongues is necessary only when NOBODY in the congregation understands whatever is being said. This is quite possible seeing we have over 3500 know human languages and may be a 1000 or more that have gone extinct. If you spoke in the language of angels, something Paul alludes to its possibility,then no man under the earth would understand you. Here, you would need the gift of interpretation.

On Pentecost, the devout diasporas Jews understood the tongues not supernaturally but because the gift flowed in their languages.

It is important to understand that TONGUES mean LANGUAGES. The gift simply enables you to utter words in a language you have never learnt. So technically, an Englishman can't receive the gift of tongues where he speaks in English. Your mind does not understand because you have never learnt the language.

Stop being logical bro,be scriptural..read 1cor14:2 again
1cor14:2-"he who speaks in tongues SPEAKS NOT UNTO MEN but to God,FOR NO MAN UNDERSTANDS HIM,howbeit,in the spirit he speaketh mysteries"..
This simple means Nobody understand tongues unless there be an interpretation...
Acts2:6-11-u guys still dont get the interpretation..The Pentecost is a Jewish custom whereby all the jews scattered abroad would come together.On the day of pentecost every Jew in all the part of the world came together..All the tribes there all speak the Galiliean Aramike..when they all spoke with tongues,No one could have understood anyone according to 1cor14:2..for them to have been able to understand there surely must have been an interpretation....
And Every christian that is baptized with the Holy Ghos cant function in all the divers of Gifts of the Spirit
SELAH
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 8:31am On Apr 18, 2015
My broda o,
TONGUES mean LANGUAGES of both man and angels.
If an Igbo man totally unschooled suddenly bubbled in Queen's English, would that Englishman next to him need the gift of interpretation to comprehend what he is saying?

On Pentecost, Galileans spoke very far off dialects. Devout men fluent in those dialects perfectly understood what was being said. Read Acts 2

Acts 2:7-11 (KJV)
And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God

Observe the highlighted. The diasporas Jews heard the 120 speaking in THEIR languages. Where do you find interpretation in this?

Please make time and read this wonderful book on tongues
https://www.nairaland.com/2002518/skeptics-guide-tongues-prophecy#28112637
sportsmaster:
Stop being logical bro,be scriptural..read 1cor14:2 again
1cor14:2-"he who speaks in tongues SPEAKS NOT UNTO MEN but to God,FOR NO MAN UNDERSTANDS HIM,howbeit,in the spirit he speaketh mysteries"..
This simple means Nobody understand tongues unless there be an interpretation...
Acts2:6-11-u guys still dont get the interpretation..The Pentecost is a Jewish custom whereby all the jews scattered abroad would come together.On the day of pentecost every Jew in all the part of the world came together..All the tribes there all speak the Galiliean Aramike..when they all spoke with tongues,No one could have understood anyone according to 1cor14:2..for them to have been able to understand there surely must have been an interpretation....
And Every christian that is baptized with the Holy Ghos cant function in all the divers of Gifts of the Spirit
SELAH
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 18, 2015
vooks:
My broda o,
TONGUES mean LANGUAGES of both man and angels.
If an Igbo man totally unschooled suddenly bubbled in Queen's English, would that Englishman next to him need the gift of interpretation to comprehend what he is saying?

On Pentecost, Galileans spoke very far off dialects. Devout men fluent in those dialects perfectly understood what was being said. Read Acts 2

Acts 2:7-11 (KJV)
And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans? 8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born? 9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, 10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, 11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God

Observe the highlighted. The diasporas Jews heard the 120 speaking in THEIR languages. Where do you find interpretation in this?

Please make time and read this wonderful book on tongues
https://www.nairaland.com/2002518/skeptics-guide-tongues-prophecy#28112637
I am not disputing the fact that they heard each man speak in their dialect..what i am saying is according to 1cor14:2-it is impossible to understand tongues..
For them to have understood what they were saying in Acts 2..surely there must be an interpretation..
read 1cor14 and understand it.without interpretation,tongues cannot be understood.,
If u still dont understand,there is nothing i can do to help.Maybe you need to ask ur pastor..
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 18, 2015
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]@vooks..ever since you have been going to church,when people speak with tongues ,do you ever get to understand?.it is only when there is an interpretation that you get to understand.
1cor14:2-simply answers all that you have been saying..
"HE that speaks in tongues,speaks NOT UNTO MEN,but unto GOD,FOR NO MAN UNDERSTANDS HIM,hoebeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries"
SELAH
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 9:48am On Apr 18, 2015
I don't understand because they are speaking in a language I don't know. But I know incidences both from scriptures and off where people understand tongues because COINCIDENTALLY,they can speak the verydialect of the Tongues

sportsmaster:
@vooks..ever since you have been going to church,when people speak with tongues ,do you ever get to understand?.it is only when there is an interpretation that you get to understand.
1cor14:2-simply answers all that you have been saying..
"HE that speaks in tongues,speaks NOT UNTO MEN,but unto GOD,FOR NO MAN UNDERSTANDS HIM,hoebeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries"
SELAH
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 9:55am On Apr 18, 2015
Corinthians is simply stating a truism; you can't understand a language that you have never learned.

At Pentecost, the Devout Jews who understood the tongues were not spirit filled, they were not Christians in the first place. It follows that their understanding of the tongues was not due to the gift of interpretation (from the Spirit since they were yet to be Spirit baptized) but due to the fact that the Pentecost Tongues were human languages they understood. Comprende?

Tongues are languages of both man and angels. Read;
1 Corinthians 13:1 (KJV)
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,

Does it then not follow that you could be speaking a language you have never learned but the guy next to you know it naturally?
sportsmaster:
I am not disputing the fact that they heard each man speak in their dialect..what i am saying is according to 1cor14:2-it is impossible to understand tongues..
For them to have understood what they were saying in Acts 2..surely there must be an interpretation..
read 1cor14 and understand it.without interpretation,tongues cannot be understood.,
If u still dont understand,there is nothing i can do to help.Maybe you need to ask ur pastor..
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 18, 2015
you still dont get..what i am saying in essence is that TONGUES cannot and never be understood without interpretation.Haven't u seen pratical applications.Do u ever get to understand Tongues..what happen in Acts 2 is the people who spoke in tongues interpreted that why it was clear.what marvelled them was the interpretation of tongues..when u speak in tongue,u speak mysteries,when there is interpretation,the mystery spoken becomes a revelation..
Cos There is now way tongues can be understood without intepretation.The bible makes it clear,the fact is that u dont study the bible,u Just read,lemme give u scriptures to compare
1cor2:1-11,1cor14:1-40,acts 2..And apply pratical examples..
I am very sure u will not open ur bible and look at them.
SELAH
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by soye3(f): 3:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
vooks on point dear. its as simple as that and that's all I've been saying. its good to know people agree with what the scriptures CLEARLY states. come to think of it @ sportsmaster, you want to tell me about bible chronology because you feel you have books? don't venture dear, there are people who read with open hearts and dig to find out the gold in the bible and thereafter accept the truth wholeheartedly. try it dear, it will help
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
u still dont understand,what i am saying is that.When u speak in tongues,no man understands..only God does understands..what happened is that there must have been interpretation in Acts 2..otherwise it is pointless..Then if u believe that tongues are normal language that any one can just understand..what is the point of paul writing in 1cor14:2,5,11,23,..the Summary of these verses is that Tongues can not be understood except there be an interpretation.lemme quote 1cor14:2 again..
1cor14:2-"He that speaks in tongue speaks not unto men but unto God,for no man understands him,howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries"..
Looking at this scripture,how can u say that you understand tongues??..it says "HE SPEAKS UNTO GOD,FOR NO MAN UNDERSTANDS HIM".how do u explain this?
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
1cor14 explains all that u need especially 1cor14:2
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
soye3:
vooks on point dear. its as simple as that and that's all I've been saying. its good to know people agree with what the scriptures CLEARLY states. come to think of it @ sportsmaster, you want to tell me about bible chronology because you feel you have books? don't venture dear, there are people who read with open hearts and dig to find out the gold in the bible and thereafter accept the truth wholeheartedly. try it dear, it will help
I have noticed the things that you dont agree with..
1)You dont accept the fact that a christian can function in divers gifts of the spirit bt in the book of Acts Each of the Apostles demonstrated almost all the Gifts of the spirit if not all..
2)u dont agree with 1cor14:2..u believe that u can understand tongues..
Same thing applies to vooks..the plain truth is that
1)Tongues can only be understood only if there is an interpretation.
2)Every christian has the potential to demonstrate/flow all the gifts of the spirit...
lemme explain something very fundamental..the spirit of God is in us right?,then the gifts of the spirit(i.e the manifestation of the spirit) are in the spirit..so if the spirit is in us.then the manifestations of the spirit are also in Us..Very simple and fundamental.
Many churches dont teach this simple truth...Most christians dont know WHO they are,WHAT they have and WHAT they can do IN CHRIST..
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
i can now see the basis of ur arguement@VOOKS.......
There are some cases i read abt E.g JOHN G. LAKE when he went to preach in south africa..as at that time,the south africans he met did not understand english,but when he spoke to them,he spoke english to them but it was recorded that the south africans heard thier own native language when he spoke to them..
he spoke english to them,but they heard that own native language..
As much as attracting that feat is,it is not tongues and interpretation,it is classified under miracles,signs and wonders..
So when u hear someone speak in a language that u dont understand on a normal basis and u suddenly find urself understanding him,what happened is a miracle(signs and wonders) not tongues and interpretation..because it is written in 1cor14:2,Men dont understand Tongues, only God does.
Also in
Mark 16:16-17-Jesus said "they shall speak with NEW tongues"
notice the word "NEW" there..in the original greek manuscripts the word "new" there means "something that has not existed before"..
PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS.
SELAH
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 18, 2015
@Soye3
in 1cor13:1-2..Paul acknowledge he the fact that he functions in several gifts of the spirit.
He said "he speaks with tongues,he said he has the gift of prophesy,he understands all mysteries and all knowledge(revelation Gifts.),he has all faith which can remove mountains".
how else do u want me to explain that every christian can function with all the gifts of th spirit? angry@Soye3
in 1cor13:1-2..Paul acknowledge he the fact that he functions in several gifts of the spirit.
He said "he speaks with tongues,he said he has the gift of prophesy,he understands all mysteries and all knowledge(revelation Gifts.),he has all faith which can remove mountains".
how else do u want me to explain that every christian can function with all the gifts of th spirit?
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 6:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
My broda,
You are ignoring something staring at you and splitting hairs. Whatever Jesus called NEW was understood by men.

Pentecost when the tongues came, other men understood them. How did non-Spirit filled devout Jews understand what the disciples were saying? The disciples were praising in multiple discernible dialects well known to them

Imagine 120 people speaking in several languages at a go. Now imagine one or a few of them INTERPRETING whatever is being said in different dialects. A Galilean hears a praise in a brand new language and then interprets that into Greek or Scythian...do you see how nonsensical conclusions you are forced to arrive at by ignoring the truth.

What about a Scythian Jew hearing a Galilean praising God in Scythian? That's the PLAIN,NATURAL reading of Pentecost

Speaking in tongue means speaking in a language you have never learnt. I could care less what category you place this gift; it remains that. Interpreting tongues means interpreting a language you have never learned
sportsmaster:
There are some cases i read abt E.g JOHN G. LAKE when he went to preach in south africa..as at that time,the south africans he met did not understand english,but when he spoke to them,he spoke english to them but it was recorded that the south africans heard thier own native language when he spoke to them..
As much as attracting that feat is,it is not tongues and interpretation,it is classified under miracles,signs and wonders..
So when u hear someone speak in a language that u dont understand on a normal basis and u suddenly find urself understanding him,what happened is a miracle(signs and wonders) not tongues and interpretation..because it is written in 1cor14:2,Men dont understand Tongues, only God does.
Also in
Mark 16:16-17-Jesus said "they shall speak with NEW tongues"
notice the word "NEW" there..in the original greek manuscripts the word "new" there means "something that has not existed before"..
PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS.
SELAH
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 6:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
Simple question;
1 Corinthians 13:1 King James Version (KJV)
13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,

Is Paul talking about the gift of tongues in this verse? If NO, what is he talking about?
sportsmaster:
I have noticed the things that you dont agree with..
1)You dont accept the fact that a christian can function in divers gifts of the spirit bt in the book of Acts Each of the Apostles demonstrated almost all the Gifts of the spirit if not all..
2)u dont agree with 1cor14:2..u believe that u can understand tongues..
Same thing applies to vooks..the plain truth is that
1)Tongues can only be understood only if there is an interpretation.
2)Every christian has the potential to demonstrate/flow all the gifts of the spirit...
lemme explain something very fundamental..the spirit of God is in us right?,then the gifts of the spirit(i.e the manifestation of the spirit) are in the spirit..so if the spirit is in us.then the manifestations of the spirit are also in Us..Very simple and fundamental.
Many churches dont teach this simple truth...Most christians dont know WHO they are,WHAT they have and WHAT they can do IN CHRIST..
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
Pentecostals are guilty of engaging in the UNINTELLIGIBLE during their public worship,the very thing Paul taught against in 1 Cor. Instead of these submitting to God's will, they are busy wresting scriptures.

Would Paul condone UNINTELLIGIBLE public prayers while censuring UNINTELLIGIBLE message/prophecy/word/speaking?

Paul's point is simple; if we can't understand it,and nobody else in the congregation can, ZIP IT. Paul alluded to ABUSE of these noble gifts. Anything can be abused. Am all for proper exercise of these just like Paul

soye3:
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by WinsomeX: 7:00pm On Apr 18, 2015
sportsmaster:

G Lake has little credibility in Crtistendom. Close scrutiny has shown that stories recorded on this man were myths he help sell in his lifetime. You may want to locate more credible sources or stay within the pages of your bible - which is the most credible source ever.
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
WinsomeX:

G Lake has little credibility in Crtistendom. Close scrutiny has shown that stories recorded on this man were myths he help sell in his lifetime. You may want to locate more credible sources or stay within the pages of your bible - which is the most credible source ever.
Its not like i am exalting John G, Lake for his feats..i am sighting a simple example..
And besides no matter how much u try to explain some people will never agree.
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
The bible is the standard.
And i strongly believe that since anyone filled with the HOLY GHOST can fuction in divers gift of the spirit...
Its Not like i want to boast abt anything but its God's grace.
I speak with tongues,i interprete and i also prophesy..
I have demonstrated the word of knowledge gift only once.
Then i have healed the sick on more than 1 occasion..
And i am still stepping up and getting better,i still strongly desire divers demonstrations of the things of spirit..
The manifestation of the spirit is given to every believer.so all of us(believers) can flow in all the 9 Gifts of the spirit.
SELAH
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 9:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
My broda,
Why go to all these extremes to prop the UNINTELLIGIBLE in public worship when it is so clear?

WinsomeX:

Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
Am so surprised that despite your spiritual feats you support the UNINTELLIGIBLE when Paul is clearly against it.

The scripture is not your standard in public worship

SELAH
sportsmaster:
And i strongly believe that since anyone filled with the HOLY GHOST can fuction in divers gift of the spirit...
And i am still stepping up and getting better,i still strongly desire divers demonstrations of the things of spirit..
The manifestation of the spirit is given to every believer.so all of us(believers) can flow in all the 9 Gifts of the spirit.
SELAH
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by harakiri(m): 10:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
Last time i checked, a tongue or tongues means language thus speaking in tongues means speaking languages. According to the biblical tale, the holy spirit came upon the worshipers and they SPOKE IN TONGUES UNKNOWN TO THEM plus people around them witnessed this strange development and UNDERSTOOD thus got coverted in great numbers on the spot.

What this implies is that i can be in a gathering in Greece and beginning to preach in GREEK even though i have no prior knowledge of the language. In religious circles such phenomena would be called a miracle.

That said...what ALL churches claim to be "tongue speaking" is the absolute reverse of what their bible says and they re-write their bible via saying you need grace to understand the remamamaskinbobo crap they spew endlessly.

1 Like

Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by WinsomeX: 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
sportsmaster:
SELAH

The biggest hindrance to learning biblical truths are your experiences. The bible teaches that tongues are languages spoken miraculously by people. Two things: you speak with a tongue and the people around you interpret BC its their language. Or you speak with a tongue and you or someone interpret.

Modern "tonguing" of unending spewing gibberish has no biblical basis.

When I learnt this truth and discovered also the cultic background of modern tongues, I threw the practice away. All kinds of spirit are running around today. Only the Spirit that authored the bible and that bestows true biblical experiences is true. Let any other man and his experience be a liar.
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by WinsomeX: 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
sportsmaster, here is my thread on gifting of the Spirit. The paper by R C Sproul is relevant to this thread. Find time to study it.

www.nairaland.com/2016831/john-macarthurs-2013-strange-fire
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
harakiri:
Last time i checked, a tongue or tongues means language thus speaking in tongues means speaking languages. According to the biblical tale, the holy spirit came upon the worshipers and they SPOKE IN TONGUES UNKNOWN TO THEM plus people around them witnessed this strange development and UNDERSTOOD thus got coverted in great numbers on the spot.

What this implies is that i can be in a gathering in Greece and beginning to preach in GREEK even though i have no prior knowledge of the language. In religious circles such phenomena would be called a miracle.

That said...what ALL churches claim to be "tongue speaking" is the absolute reverse of what their bible says and they re-write their bible via saying you need grace to understand the remamamaskinbobo crap they spew endlessly.
this is a pure unbeliever..lmao..Tongues is for believers..
mark16:15-18
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 11:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
vooks:
My broda,
Why go to all these extremes to prop the UNINTELLIGIBLE in public worship when it is so clear?

whats your point exactly?
That people shd nt speak in tongues while in public worship?
The last time i attended a convetion here in Lagos..
we were divided into groups,each group has between 10-15 members,we formed like a circle,there was a pastor with us,each person will come to the centre,speak in tongues and give the interpretation.all this happened within the church program..seek for churches in which the members are taught the word and the demonstration of the spirit and power of God.
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 19, 2015
WinsomeX:

The biggest hindrance to learning biblical truths are your experiences. The bible teaches that tongues are languages spoken miraculously by people. Two things: you speak with a tongue and the people around you interpret BC its their language. Or you speak with a tongue and you or someone interpret.

Modern "tonguing" of unending spewing gibberish has no biblical basis.

When I learnt this truth and discovered also the cultic background of modern tongues, I threw the practice away. All kinds of spirit are running around today. Only the Spirit that authored the bible and that bestows true biblical experiences is true. Let any other man and his experience be a liar.
The problem with You basically is unbelief.Jesus said and i quote
Mark16:15-18
"And these signs shall follow them that believe,In my name sshall the cast out devils;THEY SHALL SPEAK WITH NEW TONGUES;"..
Speaking with tongues is the one of the best things that can happen to a christian.If i have doubts,or i am confused,when I pray in the spirit(In tongues) things becomes clearer.when i pray in tongues,God lays a lot of things in my heart.I see people who i need to pray for..when u actually see signs ur belief/faith become stronger and there is also willingness to do more..the same holy spirit that is in Apostle Paul/Peter, Apostle ayodele babalola is still the same Holy spirit,he has not changed,.He is the same God with the same story.Jesus the same yesterday,the same today and forever
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 19, 2015
when we go for outreaches, when we get them saved,we also get to speak in tongues on the same spot,we've got people saved in beer parlours and we also got them filled with the holy Ghost on the same spot.and we do a lot of follow-ups so as to ensure that they are growing as christians and over the months GOD has been wonderful
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 19, 2015
any christian that doesn't speak with tongues has a problem of unbelief..and as for you that said that people are faking tongues,whilst you know the truth,what u are doing is blasphemy against the Holy spirit..
Matt12:31-32-all manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven but blasplemy against the Holy Ghost will NOT be forgiven even in this world and that which is to come.kindly mind ur words
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 19, 2015
GLORY TO GOD.
philemon1:6-that the communication of your faith may be effective/effectual by acknowledging every good thing which is in you IN CHRIST,
if you still dont know ur rights and privileges in christ at this point,I wonder when u want to know,..
If you really desire to know the things which are yours in christ then pray with the the following scriptures
Eph1:16-19,col1:9-11,philipians1:9-11,philemon1:6..
I often say this,the difference in christians is neither faith nor power.the difference is knowledge.
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 12:59am On Apr 19, 2015
And i have been praying for weeks about how that
1)Miracles,signs and wonders will be wrought through my very own hands acts4:29-31
2)divers demonstration of the things of the spirit as touching my outreaches 1cor2:4
3)and that many will come to the knowledge of the Gospel even as i teach and preach the word.
4)freeing people from opression of the devils acts10:38.
the same God that wrought signs and wonders still does them,he has not stopped,he never changes.
If u are christian and you dont desire these things,it shows u dont want to grow spiritually.
GLORY TO GOD
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 6:13am On Apr 19, 2015
Paul would have no UNINTELLIGIBLE in public worship. So simple my broda
sportsmaster:

whats your point exactly?
That people shd nt speak in tongues while in public worship?
The last time i attended a convetion here in Lagos..
we were divided into groups,each group has between 10-15 members,we formed like a circle,there was a pastor with us,each person will come to the centre,speak in tongues and give the interpretation.all this happened within the church program..seek for churches in which the members are taught the word and the demonstration of the spirit and power of God.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atheist Feel Free To Ask Your Questions / If They Make Fun Of Your 'god' How Do You Feel Deep Down? / Names To Describe God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.