Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy (5114 Views)

Setting The Record Straight On "Speaking In Tongues" And Other Spiritual Gifts / The Skeptic / 2 Year Old Christ Embassy Girl Speaks In Tongues And Preaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 5:50am On Nov 18, 2014
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxrT0F-mwJf1NWdGelk3enMzZ2M

My brother shdemidemi and other like minds would do well to study this book.

1 Like

Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by shdemidemi(m): 6:46am On Nov 18, 2014
Ok.. I will try grab a copy. What exactly is the book about, can we have your review of the book.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 7:03am On Nov 18, 2014
My brother,
the book is quite compact, a mere 52 pages or so. The author explores the place of baptism of Holy Spirit in a Christian. He is a veteran with years of experience in the trenches (mission field) and has a characteristic funny way of sharing scriptures. You almost get the feeling he is seated right there next to you having a hearty chat
shdemidemi:
Ok.. I will try grab a copy. What exactly is the book about, can we have your review of the book.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by shdemidemi(m): 7:26am On Nov 18, 2014
I will definitely grab a copy, May be not so much because of the title but for the concise review and the opportunity to read his opinion on the issue of tongue and unknown tongue.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 8:08am On Nov 18, 2014
Don't judge a book by its cover. And I can see SonofLucifer, son of perdition trolling
shdemidemi:
I will definitely grab a copy, May be not so much because of the title but for the concise review and the opportunity to read his opinion on the issue of tongue and unknown tongue.

1 Like

Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by shdemidemi(m): 9:07am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
Well,
Cults relish WORKS. It is the only way to keep members in check, reminding them of dire consequences. WORKS is the only thing that gives them relevance and a sense of entitlement. You won't find GRACE in cults because GRACE is liberating.

I was caught aback seeing you make a statement like this.

1) I will like to know your definition of works

2) your understanding of GRACE

3) when 'grace' was fully initiated by God.

It is very much pertinent to understanding the tongue or unknown tongue issue, so sincere answers required.

vooks:

.. You mean there still is something to understand concerning the dichotomy between 'speaking in an unknown tongue' and 'speaking in tongues'?

What makes you think otherwise?

Answer the questions buddy.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 9:22am On Nov 18, 2014
You have a tedious way of debating where you shoot so many stray points and leave them unanswered. It is called Gish-gallop. What you need is FOCUS like mbaemeka on one point, clear it and then move on to the next.

When you tie GRACE and WORKS to your theory of speaking in tongues vs speaking in an unknown tongue NOW, many days and many threads after you could not respond to the rebuttals I raised against your position, it is clearly meaningless engaging with you.

I have little interest in responding to you UNLESS you demonstrate how what I said is related to your theory of tongue vs tongues not to mention a commitment from you that you will FOCUS on one issue at a time

shdemidemi:

I was caught aback seeing you make a statement like this.

1) I will like to know your definition of works

2) your understanding of GRACE

3) when 'grace' was fully initiated by God.

It is very much pertinent to understanding the tongue or unknown tongue issue, so sincere answers required.

What makes you think otherwise?

Answer the questions buddy.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
Don't judge a book by its cover. And I can see SonofLucifer, son of perdition trolling
There are more polite ways to request one to drop a comment. Good mornings.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 9:33am On Nov 18, 2014
Apologies sir but I was not looking for your comment and I doubt you will want anything to do with Holy Spirit though that's all you need
sonOfLucifer:

There are more polite ways to request one to drop a comment. Good mornings.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
Apologies sir but I was not looking for your comment and I doubt you will want anything to do with Holy Spirit though that's all you need
Your apologies are needless. You have gotten the attention you desired.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 9:54am On Nov 18, 2014
What are you doing here, perish in Jesus name
sonOfLucifer:

Your apologies are needless. You have gotten the attention you desired.

1 Like

Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by shdemidemi(m): 10:16am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
You have a tedious way of debating where you shoot so many stray points and leave them unanswered. It is called Gish-gallop. What you need is FOCUS like mbaemeka on one point, clear it and then move on to the next.

You could be right and you might be wrong with this postulation of yours. All in all its your opinion and no one should deny you of it.

vooks:
When you tie GRACE and WORKS to your theory of speaking in tongues vs speaking in an unknown tongue NOW, many days and many threads after you could not respond to the rebuttals I raised against your position, it is clearly meaningless engaging with you.

Answer the questions and stop being ahead of yourself.
vooks:

I have little interest in responding to you UNLESS you demonstrate how what I said is related to your theory of tongue vs tongues not to mention a commitment from you that you will FOCUS on one issue at a time

I will not explain anything to you UNTIL you are ready to answer questions.

I also have no apologies for always drawing your attention to fundamentals. If you don't understand the holistic settings of scripture, it is obvious that smaller elements like tongues will be misunderstood.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
What can a dead man do?
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 10:25am On Nov 18, 2014
Nothing, but Jesus is not dead, otherwise Satan would have unearthed his remains by now cheesy

He can not only kill you but after that He will cast you to hell except you repent.
Satan is already judged, can't repent. You can repent or join him in the lake of Fire
sonOfLucifer:

What can a dead man do?
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by shdemidemi(m): 10:26am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:

You have prayed, will this man really perish because you said so to Jesus? Grow up and stop this religious folly.

The man does not need to perish, he needs to be told about the gospel and be left to his opinion if he chooses not to listen. That is what my bible teaches, I wonder where you get the idea you have the power to tell anyone to perish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 10:27am On Nov 18, 2014
You have set conditions for responding to my rebuttal over one week since I posted them. That's dishonesty. Where were you all this time? have you suddenly discovered fundamentals?

I told you the immature Corinthians were spiritual giants compared to you wink

let me grant you the benefit of doubt, whatever definition you give to GRACE and WORKS I will work with it and still prove you deluded. AM saving you precious time and energy in irrelevant repetition. Aight?
shdemidemi:

You could be right and you might be wrong with this postulation of yours. All in all its your opinion and no one should deny you of it.

Answer the questions and stop being ahead of yourself.

I will not explain anything to you UNTIL you are ready to answer questions.

I also have no apologies for always drawing your attention to fundamentals. If you don't understand the holistic settings of scripture, it is obvious that smaller elements like tongues will be misunderstood.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by shdemidemi(m): 10:28am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
Nothing, but Jesus is not dead, otherwise Satan would have unearthed his remains by now cheesy

He can not only kill you but after that He will cast you to hell except you repent.
Satan is already judged, can't repent. You can repent or join him in the lake of Fire

better!!!
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 10:31am On Nov 18, 2014
He knows his place and dares not cross the line. The name of Jesus CHrist, the power, even demons tremble my brother. I will banish him from this thread if he keeps distracting
shdemidemi:

You have prayed, will this man really perish because you said so to Jesus? Grow up and stop this religious folly.

The man does not need to perish, he needs to be told about the gospel and be left to his opinion if he chooses not to listen. That is what my bible teaches, I wonder where you get the idea you have the power to tell anyone to perish.

Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by shdemidemi(m): 10:33am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
You have set conditions for responding to my rebuttal over one week since I posted them. That's dishonesty. Where were you all this time.

let me grant you the benefit of doubt, whatever definition you give to GRACE and WORKS I will work with it and still prove you deluded

PRIDE is killing you yet you are here preaching the gospel to an unbeliever. Is this the sort of life you invite him to, a puffed up life of hyped evaluation of self, as if he does not have that enough in his pouch.

The questions are there, when you feel you have something meaningful to share, address them.

1 Like

Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by shdemidemi(m): 10:33am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
He knows his place and dares not cross the line. The name of Jesus CHrist, the power, even demons tremble my brother. I will banish him from this thread if he keeps distracting
ok o.. keep banishing. Who is fooling who?
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 10:37am On Nov 18, 2014
You are hopelessly bound in impotent empty human traditions. You would kill for them, give your life for them. Any time you are ready to confront your fickle gutter theology, I will be here

CONFUSION has killed you already. I raise powerful rebuttals shattering your theories and you hibernate. Days and threads later you emerge and invent questions and set them as conditions for responding to me? I have saved you the sweat for unnecessary glib. WHATEVER answer you think is correct to your questions,I will work with that. I will agree with EVERYTHING you say about those questions. Happy?

shdemidemi:

PRIDE is killing you yet you are here preaching the gospel to an unbeliever. Is this the sort of life you invite him to, a puffed up life of hyped evaluation of self, as if he does not have that enough.

The questions are there, when you feel you have something meaningful to share, address them.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 10:41am On Nov 18, 2014
Your traditions have fooled you. You have elevated them above scriptures wink
shdemidemi:

ok o.. keep banishing. Who is fooling who?
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by shdemidemi(m): 10:43am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
You are hopelessly bound in impotent empty human traditions. You would kill for them, give your life for them. Any time you are ready to confront your fickle gutter theology, I will be here

CONFUSION has killed you already. I raise powerful rebuttals shattering your theories and you hibernate. Days and threads later you emerge and invent questions and set them as conditions for responding to me? I have saved you the sweat for unnecessary glib. WHATEVER answer you think is correct to your questions,I will work with that. I will agree with EVERYTHING you say about those questions. Happy?

Keep spewing your customary garbage. We shall see who the depraved person is when you are ready to face your fears by answering questions.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by shdemidemi(m): 10:43am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
Your traditions have fooled you. You have elevated them above scriptures wink

grin grin
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 10:47am On Nov 18, 2014
1. What is WORKS? whatever shdemidemi thinks is WORKS works for me
2. What is GRACE? whatever shdemidemi calls GRACE is my GRACE
3. When was GRACE initiated? whatever that means to shdemidemi works for me

Now, can we proceed to your 'speaking in an unknown tongue' is different from 'speaking in tongues'?
You can't proceed because you have nothing. The ultimate folly is inventing doctrines and then looking to Scriptures for 'proof texts'
shdemidemi:

Keep spewing your customary garbage. We shall see who the depraved person is when you are ready to face your fears by answering questions.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by shdemidemi(m): 10:54am On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
1. What is WORKS? whatever shdemidemi thinks is WORKS works for me
2. What is GRACE? whatever shdemidemi calls GRACE is my GRACE
3. When was GRACE initiated? whatever that means to shdemidemi works for me

Now, can we proceed to your 'speaking in an unknown tongue' is different from 'speaking in tongues'?
You can't proceed because you have nothing. The ultimate folly is inventing doctrines and then looking to Scriptures for 'proof texts'

You are a joke, you shouldn't be taken seriously.

When you are ready to discuss scripture I will certainly oblige you.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 10:55am On Nov 18, 2014
You are blessed and no man can curse what God has blessed my brother

Shalom
shdemidemi:

You are a joke, you shouldn't be taken seriously.

When you are ready to discuss scripture I will certainly oblige you.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by Hiswordxray(m): 12:06pm On Nov 18, 2014
Thanks for the book.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 12:23pm On Nov 18, 2014
Welcome my brother,
You are blessed beyond measure, and no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper
Hiswordxray:
Thanks for the book.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 18, 2014
The name of Jesus is powerless. Demons do not tremble at the name of Jesus. Never have, never will.
Jesus was only good at making up stories. The people who listened to him were the poor and the outcasts, who were mostly famished during those boring talks. Of course, they'd believe anything and make up anything as long as it gave them a meal. Like Joagbaye, Jesus most likely had a mental condition. Fortunately, most are treatable today.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by vooks: 2:30pm On Nov 18, 2014
Satan knows it. Keep deluding yourself you foul spirit. Jesus is the name above ALL names

sonOfLucifer:
The name of Jesus is powerless. Demons do not tremble at the name of Jesus. Never have, never will.
Jesus was only good at making up stories. The people who listened to him were the poor and the outcasts, who were mostly famished during those boring talks. Of course, they'd believe anything and make up anything as long as it gave them a meal. Like Joagbaye, Jesus most likely had a mental condition. Fortunately, most are treatable today.
Re: The Skeptic's Guide To Tongues And Prophecy by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
vooks:
Satan knows it. Keep deluding yourself you foul spirit. Jesus is the name above ALL names

Jesus means nothing. Go hang yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imagine A World Without Muslims! / 2024 Theme (year Of) For All Churches In Nigeria And The Rest Of The World / Chinese Woman Arrested For Preaching To President Xi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.