Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page (660 Views)

most Funniest comments and Posts On Nairaland! / TRENDING NOW: "Is That One A Uniben Student"- Goes Viral, (see Hilarious Posts) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page by shogat(m): 8:23am On Apr 17, 2015
Many people thinks it's magical how some posts hits the front page of this great forum.Though we have seen some instances where Nairalanders finds it inappropriate for some topics to be in the front page,you must agree with me that there are principles, rules or steps that great writers in Nairaland like Tosyne2much follows.Some of them are enlisted below

1.Write till you are convinced it's perfect.

Before posting my write-ups I already know within me if it's going to make the front page and get lots of reviews or not. The fact is that if you write and you don't like it personally then you should not expect any other person to accept it. You must write until it looks perfect to you,if not you need to go back to your typing keys or writing pad till you make it perfect.

2.Plagiarism is a sin.

Though it's looks like the order of the day,but plagiarism remains a sin in writing and should be avoided. When you "copy and paste" your originality is abrogated and your post may later end with the "thread closed" hey whenever you write,your creativity is essential because no reader will be impressed seeing an article they have read in other websites here again.

3. Know the time and season to write

We all know there is time for everything under the sun. This is also applicable to your writing,if you write about passing exams during the time they are writing exams like jamb then you should expect some receptions. Studying the time and season before you write will draw more attention to your post.

4.Avoid grammatical blunders

From research,most readers open up a post just to check for your errors and know how good of a writer you are. If you are the type that your articles are always full of errors then the only review you maybe getting maybe correction know some will argue that no one is perfect in English language but please,your errors should be at the minimal and you should also learn to take to corrections.

5.It's a generation of lazy readers

As we are all aware,that most people have become so lazy at reading that a long write-up at a glance to them is a turn off.And also nobody, including me loves to be bored with an article and carrying your readers along is very hey if peradventure you may want to write a very long article or post,make sure it's fun to read and not boring.

6.Go crazy

Though much decency is advised in writing,you might as well want to go an extra mile in your writing. We have crazy people here who loves crazy write-ups,thats why sometimes you get shocked by what you see on the front hey can be a fiction,true life but just make sure it is acceptable.

7.Write again

A failure is not someone who has failed at something but someone who has refused to try again. No matter what happens in as much you find joy in writing,always make sure you write again.Nairalanders might try to abase and discourage you but always know that the more you right the better you become

written by shogat
Re: How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page by RxObiefule13(m): 8:26am On Apr 17, 2015
Thank you Op. grin
Re: How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page by tosyne2much(m): 8:29am On Apr 17, 2015
Woooooow !!!!

Nice one bro cool

I would love to post some FP tips here but I won't cos I don't want people to tell me I'm feeling like a king or something
Re: How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page by Okwori12(m): 8:30am On Apr 17, 2015
Re: How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page by shogat(m): 8:33am On Apr 17, 2015
tosyne2much:
Woooooow !!!!

Nice one bro cool
am loyal sire
Re: How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page by Adamsdelrio(m): 8:34am On Apr 17, 2015
Front page awaits you.....
The guy below me has something to say...
Re: How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page by braintext(m): 8:36am On Apr 17, 2015
The guy above me must be new to Nairaland

1 Like

Re: How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page by shogat(m): 8:37am On Apr 17, 2015
tosyne2much:
Woooooow !!!!

Nice one bro cool

I would love to post some FP tips here but I won't cos I don't want people to tell me I'm feeling like a king or something
Lols am waiting for it o and don't feel like a king because you're already one.
Re: How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page by thexzy(m): 8:41am On Apr 17, 2015
Learning is continuous.....No knowledge is a waste
Re: How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page by buygala(m): 8:44am On Apr 17, 2015
smiley
Re: How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page by shogat(m): 9:39am On Apr 17, 2015
buygala:
That awkward moment when you feel like a king because your thread is on fp and someone comes along and hijacks your 'perfect thread' with a much better version cry

Your version= 16 likes

Hijacker's version= 256 likes

Point is.... Be pals with the mods, and your threads will always hit fp, no matter how porous and ill-conceived they are smiley ....

Essentially, the mod arse-lickers should continue smuggling their threads to fp, and the smarter hijackers will always be there to give it flesh and blood grin
awful indeed but that should not discourage u
Re: How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page by Nabfresh(m): 11:20am On Apr 17, 2015
please...do you know or have an
organisation,company,website or clues that
give Scholarships to undergraduate students
in nigerian universities,if yes,place the
details,its urgent and important,thanks. please help place it as a topic or fp even.
Re: How To Always Make Your Posts Hit The Front Page by shogat(m): 9:07am On Apr 19, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
Front page awaits you.....
The guy below me has something to say...
Lols what o

(1) (Reply)

Avoid These 20 English Words When In Other Countries / Breaking News! Riot Broke Out In AAUA / 21 UNN Students Did Not Die In Autocrash But Just 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.