Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,977 members, 7,810,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... (924 Views)

Nigeria To Teach Maths, Science Subjects In Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, Other Languages / Schools To Teach Maths, Science In Indigenous Languages-Onu / A Maths Teacher Asked To Teach English Language.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... by krystal101(f): 11:05am On Apr 17, 2015
Good morning my good people,
Please I need help, my church member wants me to take her sister on english lessons. She says cos I speak good english.
Please I need help for the basics, as google wasn't helping out,I've searched

Thanks in anticipation to your comments
Re: Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... by adanduka: 11:08am On Apr 17, 2015
Just speak and let her repeat after you. wink
Shikena.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... by AdeniyiA(m): 11:14am On Apr 17, 2015
adanduka:
Shikena.
lol... there's difference between teaching it nd speaking it.
She should let them realise that.
Re: Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... by krystal101(f): 11:28am On Apr 17, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha... Haba!

adanduka:
Shikena.
Re: Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... by Mrbigman1(m): 11:35am On Apr 17, 2015
Na una dey go go church dey speak phonetics.

U pay d price.

It's more difficult then understanding mathematics

1 Like

Re: Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... by 1one: 11:44am On Apr 17, 2015
krystal101:
Good morning my good people,
Please I need help, my church member wants me to take her sister on english lessons. She says cos I speak good english.
Please I need help for the basics, as google wasn't helping out,I've searched

Thanks in anticipation to your comments

You don't really need Google per se.... Go to any book Shop and buy "Brighter grammar" or "First Aid in English" Text book.... If you're in lagos you can go to Tinubu area, you will see them scattered on the ground... They are mostly fairly used so it won't be expensive.

You would need those textbooks because you would constantly need a reference from which you can give the girl assignments and all that, you can also use the text book to draw out a lesson plan that you can follow effortlessly, so you won't have to start scrambling up and down looking for a topic from your head.
Re: Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... by goodmorning40: 11:47am On Apr 17, 2015
Nawaoo tell aunty ur not a teacher naa
Re: Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... by jascon1(m): 11:50am On Apr 17, 2015
Abeg make una advise me, I mistakenly flush my door key inside toilet last night. Is it right for me to come out through the window this morning?
Re: Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... by jascon1(m): 11:53am On Apr 17, 2015
Abeg if anybody c oni bread maker Una help me call am. I just buy bama yesterday
Re: Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... by krystal101(f): 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
God bless you abundantly

1one:

You don't really need Google per se.... Go to any book Shop and buy "Brighter grammar" or "First Aid in English" Text book.... If you're in lagos you can go to Tinubu area, you will see them scattered on the ground... They are mostly fairly used so it won't be expensive.

You would need those textbooks because you would constantly need a reference from which you can give the girl assignments and all that, you can also use the text book to draw out a lesson plan that you can follow effortlessly, so you won't have to start scrambling up and down looking for a topic from your head.
Re: Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... by 1one: 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
krystal101:
God bless you abundantly

Amen.
Re: Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... by Princess4eva(f): 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
What level is the girl in? What area will u be expected to concentrate on? i.e written english or spoken? If it is spoken (phonetics) then you will need a good knowledge of the speech sounds which am afraid if you are not a professional, will amount to a near impossible task.
However if it is written, it's easier, once you are a flawless speaker, that means you know your simple rules of collocation, subject and verb agreement, lexis and structure etc just get text books like somebody advised and get started. Progressive English is good, it has plenty of exercises and explanatory notes too.
Goodluck!
Re: Please Help! My Church Member Wants Me To Teach Her Sister... by krystal101(f): 8:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
God bless you! Very helpful

Princess4eva:
What level is the girl in? What area will u be expected to concentrate on? i.e written english or spoken? If it is spoken (phonetics) then you will need a good knowledge of the speech sounds which am afraid if you are not a professional, will amount to a near impossible task.
However if it is written, it's easier, once you are a flawless speaker, that means you know your simple rules of collocation, subject and verb agreement, lexis and structure etc just get text books like somebody advised and get started. Progressive English is good, it has plenty of exercises and explanatory notes too.
Goodluck!

(1) (Reply)

The Polytechnic Ibadan Start Their Exams On Monday And Last For One Month / Massive Amount Of Robbery Cases In Delsu Abraka.delta!! / Yabatech Post Utme And HND Form For 2015/2016 Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.