Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There (3057 Views)

We Want Fridays Declared Work-free For Muslims Like Sundays – MURIC Director / What Christians Did For Muslims In Kaduna State / For Muslims : Does Muslims Believe In Miracles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Empiree: 1:30am On Apr 18, 2015
mmsen:

My issue is not that they have their board but moreso that their topics are advertised as if they are open for all, only to find out that the user is expected to accept a creed that many do not agree with.

Either remove the creed and ban those who break the general rules of nairaland. Or stop the publication of Muslim board topics on the front page.

If you do not go to Muslim board, fine. But stop worrying yourself if their topics made front page. It's really irrelevant to bicker over this. And no, Islamic topics making front page does not amount to advertisement. I detest the phrase. If s.eun did not complain, how is that your cup of Garri?.

If other sections including Christianity make front page, what's the problem if Islamic topics do the same?. Yes, it's for ALL to see but not for ALL to comment.

1 Like

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 1:36am On Apr 18, 2015
Empiree:

If you do not go to Muslim board, fine. But stop worrying yourself if their topics made front page. It's really irrelevant to bicker over this. And no, Islamic topic making front page does not amount to advertisement. I detest the phrase. If s.eun did not complain, how is that your cup of Garri?.

If other sections including Christianity make front page, what's the problem if Islamic topics do the same?. Yes, it's for ALL to see but not for ALL to comment.

You cannot have it both ways.

You cannot present it for all but then hit people with restrictions.

That is the point.

Other topics are open for discussion without any peculiar restrictions.

No one is making non-xtians agree with the Apostle's Creed - if they did I would question such a policy.

The responses that I have read in this thread are another unfortunate example of how religion and reason do not mix.
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Empiree: 1:42am On Apr 18, 2015
mmsen:

You cannot have it both ways.

You cannot present it for all but then hit people restrictions.

That is the point.

Other topics are open for to discuss without any peculiar restrictions.

No one is making non-xtians agree with the Apostle's Creed - if they did I would question such a policy.

The responses that I have read in this thread are another unfortunate example of how religion and reason do not mix.
I understood you. Unfortunately, some things have to be done "in my own way" to protect "my interest".

US visas are open for ALL but not ALL qualify. "Restrictions apply". You ever read that when you or your relative or friend applied for visa?.

That's the logic grin
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by kay1one2(m): 4:45am On Apr 18, 2015
tola9ja:

[size=18pt]Matthew 23:17 You blind fools[/size]

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by macof(m): 10:33am On Apr 18, 2015
Empiree:

If you do not go to Muslim board, fine. But stop worrying yourself if their topics made front page. It's really irrelevant to bicker over this. And no, Islamic topic making front page does not amount to advertisement. I detest the phrase. If s.eun did not complain, how is that your cup of Garri?.

Why would you want all to see and prevent most from commenting?
Best you don't bring Islam topics to the front page since only Islamic fundamentalists are likely to comment

Btw there's no Christian section

2 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by true2god: 11:19am On Apr 18, 2015
Ifeann:

U forgot to mention that Dubai, Qatar etc partnered with hundreds of "kaffir" US, UK and other westerned companies to develop their Emirates. U also forget to mention foreigners practically run those Emirates in the private sector and out number the indigenous Muslims 10 to 1.
You also forget the Emirates don't tale Islam serious and are far more secular than typical muslim countries including the very secular turkey.

U also forget the typical muslim country are the likes of Yemen, Iraq, Somalia, Libya, Iran, Egypt, Syria, north Sudan which are all a mess thanks to totalitarianism Islam's political ideology. Let's not forget the several defunct Islamic caliphates now extinct.

Lol the Muslims dilemma
Dont mind RoyPCain, he always apply the 6th pillar of Islam, al-taqiyya, that is lying. Dubai, saudi arabia the few 'well-to-do' muslim countries, are run by 'kafir'. Their oil is exploited by the 'kafir' companies (shell, chevron, exxon-mobil, texaco, agip etc). Even though non-muslims are not allowed in mecca and medina (because according to koran, non-muslims are unclean and vilest of creature), most of the infrastructures are build by the kafir.

Without the presense of the kafir in Islamic lands, the muslims there will still be using camels to travel from mecca to medina, jeddah to damascus, riyadd to yemen. The muslims does not have brains to manufucture nothings for humanity. Their cognitive dissonance is filled with the koran and how to hate and murder kafir who refused to accpet the lie, 'there is no god but allahh, and mohammed is his personal assistant'.

1 Like

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by tartar9(m): 11:23am On Apr 18, 2015
they are matters of Islam meant for the Muslims of Nairaland.you aren't forbidden from viewing them,but what do you have to comment only derailing the thread especially from 'xtians'

2 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by true2god: 11:25am On Apr 18, 2015
Empiree:
Actually, the more you species bring this stuff up, the more I support MODs in Islamic section. I silently criticized them at some point, especially for banning views that do not compatible with his (mac). Myself was banned several times for unpopular views.

MODs do not ban non-muslims from commenting in Islam section. Their concern, which I have finally concurred with is that non-muslims, Christians especially, the so called God-loving, christ-like folks blaspheme in islam section a lot. Not only that, what they did that put me off was when bunch of them posted po'rn'ograpy (pictures). Even at that time (just last year), there was no WRITTEN DECLARATION at the 'gate'. Anyone could come in. Christians and atheists posted nasty pictures and distorted message of Islam. I witnessed this. MOD had to hide those pictures.

Now, I know macof can care less because, it is "free world" in your perspective. That's you unfortunately. But us (muslims), we are conscious of our religion ISLAM.

So no one is stopping you from commenting or opening threads in Islam section; provided, you watch it. Quran speaks (3:110)

You(muslims) are the best community ever been raised up for mankind. You enjoin right conduct and forbid indecency; and you believe in Allah. And if the People of the Scripture had believed it had been better for them. Some of them are believers; but most of them are evil-livers.

No christian condemned those posts. Question is, should MODS not do something about it?. Just imagine those inappropriate pictures are still there today.
You make sense small here. The only issue I have here is your quran telling you that you are the best of mankind and we (non-muslims) 'vilest of creatures'. Thats xenophobic of the quran.

1 Like

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Empiree: 11:49am On Apr 18, 2015
true2god:
You make sense small here. The only issue I have here is your quran telling you that you are the best of mankind and we (non-muslims) 'vilest of creatures'. Thats xenophobic of the quran.
Perhaps, it should clear to you why you are what you are called @bold since you agree with my write up.

And whether you are comfortable with @blue or not, that's simply jealousy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Empiree: 11:54am On Apr 18, 2015
macof:

Why would you want all to see and prevent most from commenting?
[size=15pt]Why[/size] is the key word. It's the same WHY US visas are available for everyone to see but not everyone can apply or qualify. cheesy

1 Like

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 12:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
Empiree:
[size=15pt]Why[/size] is the key word. It's the same WHY US visas are available for everyone to see but not everyone can apply or qualify. cheesy

You comparing the rights of an entire nation to Nairaland is wrong.

The Muslim board is akin to a state within a union, not an autonomous nation.

The union has immigration laws that apply throughout. Nairaland should have a consistent set of rules that apply throughout.

If you want your own forum with its own peculiar rules vis-a-vis contributing then you should secede. Create your own message board.

1 Like

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by 9jaforlife: 1:00am On Apr 19, 2015
The rule of accepting the Islamic Creed before commenting in Islamic section is there for a very simple and clear reason: CHRISTIANS ARE VERY FOND OF DISRESPECTING THEIR FAITH (ISLAM). They post outrighly denigrating insults that are mostly lies. Muslims hardly do this, when they do, it's mostly in response to an insulting post/comment.

These christians dedicate 99.9% of their time to Islam and they hardly ever post anything about their own religion. If they were allowed to freely roam in Islamic section, they would have turned it to 'Anti-Islam' section.

At least they're not prevented from viewing, I think that's good enough. The mods are fair in my opinion.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 1:09am On Apr 19, 2015
9jaforlife:
The rule of accepting the Islamic Creed before commenting in Islamic section is there for a very simple and clear reason: CHRISTIANS ARE VERY FOND OF DISRESPECTING THEIR FAITH (ISLAM). They post outrighly denigrating insults that are mostly lies. Muslims hardly do this, when they do, it's mostly in response to an insulting post/comment.

These christians dedicate 99.9% of their time to Islam and they hardly ever post anything about their own religion. If they were allowed to freely roam in Islamic section, they would have turned it to 'Anti-Islam' section.

At least they're not prevented from viewing, I think that's good enough. The mods are fair in my opinion.

If Christians (or others) are going out of their way to be disrespectful and have broken the rules then they should be banned.

If the purpose of the Islamic section is self-preservation then even more reason why their threads should not show up on the front page.

2 Likes

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by 9jaforlife: 1:54am On Apr 19, 2015
mmsen:

If Christians (or others) are going out of their way to be disrespectful and have broken the rules then they should be banned.

If the purpose of the Islamic section is self-preservation then even more reason why their threads should not show up on the front page.

People get banned and such bans are lifted, after which they continue in the old ways for which they were banned. Ifeann is a classic example.

Banning cannot solve the problem. Besides, I don't think you should be so deeply bothered. If there's anything you desperately need to say about Islam and you want to avoid saying yes to the creed, create a thread. Haven't you done just that here?

You should blame those christians who lack respect for others' faiths and throw insults relentlessly at Islam/Muslims as if their lives depend on it.

As for the front page issue; just like regular topics on NL, not all Islamic topics find its way to FP. So I don't see any cause for worry here.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 10:24am On Apr 19, 2015
9jaforlife:

People get banned and such bans are lifted, after which they continue in the old ways for which they were banned. Ifeann is a classic example.

Banning cannot solve the problem. Besides, I don't think you should be so deeply bothered. If there's anything you desperately need to say about Islam and you want to avoid saying yes to the creed, create a thread. Haven't you done just that here?

You should blame those christians who lack respect for others' faiths and throw insults relentlessly at Islam/Muslims as if their lives depend on it.

As for the front page issue; just like regular topics on NL, not all Islamic topics find its way to FP. So I don't see any cause for worry here.

You guys sound like the girl who walks around with a skirt that exposes her groin, buttocks and mammaries but wonders why people are looking at her.

Your inability to see reason is astounding - if you do not want the attention keep your topics away from the front page. Most people won't bother you if you do that - those that do should be banned, permanently.
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by 9jaforlife: 12:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
mmsen:

You guys sound like the girl who walks around with a skirt that exposes her groin, buttocks and mammaries but wonders why people are looking at her.

Your inability to see reason is astounding - if you do not want the attention keep your topics away from the front page. Most people won't bother you if you do that - those that do should be banned, permanently.

You sound like colanut- which gets eaten up because of other people's affairs.

Do you read every single thread on FP? Is it impossible for you to skip Islamic topics on FP- which happens to constitute a veeery low fraction by occurrence on FP?

The fact that you're so pained that you can't comment means you would be one person who would gladly desecrate that section if you were granted free entry!! It's very obvious by the fact that you compare Muslims to a girl who walks n*aked in your post. Another christian who NEVER sees anything good in others... The m.ods took that action solely because of people like YOU!!!
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
9jaforlife:

Do you read every single thread on FP? Is it impossible for you to skip Islamic topics on FP- which happens to constitute a veeery low fraction by occurrence on FP?

The fact that you're so pained that you can't comment means you would be one person who would gladly desecrate that section if you were granted free entry!! It's very obvious by the fact that you compare Muslims to a girl who walks n*aked in your post. Another christian who NEVER sees anything good in others... The m.ods took that action solely because of people like YOU!!!

I'm not a Christian. You would know that if you were not blinded by silly prejudice.

I usually leave the Muslims alone, I figure there are enough people attacking them but this issue does not reflect well on them at all.
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by 9jaforlife: 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
mmsen:

I'm not a Christian. You would know that if you were not blinded by silly prejudice.

I usually leave the Muslims alone, I figure there are enough people attacking them but this issue does not reflect well on them at all.

There's nothing prejudicial about this. In your post, you also agree that many attacks are directed at Muslims, which over 90% come from christians!

The only silly action here is overflogging an issue that you think does not 'reflect well' on Muslims- even though Muslims are outrightly in disagreement with you!!!
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 3:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
9jaforlife:

There's nothing prejudicial about this.

Another christian who NEVER sees anything good in others.

That statement is prejudicial.

I am not a Christian.
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by 9jaforlife: 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
mmsen:

Another christian who NEVER sees anything good in others.

That statement is prejudicial.

I am not a Christian.

[size=14pt] Is this the point of your thread?? [/size]

You seem to fight other people's battle so well- far more than the concerned people care about!!

NB: Prejudice is believing something without basing it on reason. That I assumed you were a christian because 99% of attacks on NL Muslims come from christians is GOOD reason.
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 8:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
9jaforlife:

[size=14pt] Is this the point of your thread?? [/size]

You seem to fight other people's battle so well- far more than the concerned people care about!!

NB: Prejudice is believing something without basing it on reason. That I assumed you were a christian because 99% of attacks on NL Muslims come from christians is GOOD reason.

The point of the thread to discuss a lack of equity and fairness, principles that matter to all human beings but seem to evade you.
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by 9jaforlife: 9:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
mmsen:

[s] The point of the thread to discuss a lack of equity and fairness, principles that matter to all human beings but seem to evade you. [/s]

Joblessness is a disease!!
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by mmsen: 9:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
9jaforlife:

Joblessness is a disease!!

It's Sunday you clown.

Thank you for your mature, reasoned responses.
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Empiree: 9:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
9jaforlife:

@ bold got me grin grin grin grin

Nice response up there. The fact that he keeps up with this nonsensical makes me wonder he probably has ulterior motives too.

1 Like

Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by 9jaforlife: 9:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by 9jaforlife: 9:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
mmsen:

It's Sunday you clown.

Thank you for your mature, reasoned responses.

I get it now.... Because today is Sunday, you decide to post irrelevant talks since you lack better things to do with your time.

Thank yourself first, for your decent, friendly and respectful responses cool

NB
I have given up on you already, now that you have made your idleness clear. I don't have the luxury of useless time like you!!
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by OmoPastor(m): 5:56am On May 11, 2015
mmsen:
Then why do their threads wind up on the front page - thus advertising their discussions to the world?

If they seek open discussion then they should move their threads to a place where it can be openly discussed.

I have been banned three times consecutively for asking the so called moderators why Islam should be protected while Christianity left open to all. Just came back from ban today and will continue from where I stopped.
OP hope you have not been banned cuz that's the only reasonable response you can get from Seun and his moderators.
Am prepared for another ban but I will never stop asking for equal treatment for all on this forum.
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by ProPastorChris(m): 6:00am On May 11, 2015
OmoPastor:

I have been banned three times consecutively for asking the so called moderators why Islam should be protected while Christianity left open to all. Just came back from ban today and will continue from where I stopped.
OP hope you have not been banned cuz that's the only reasonable response you can get from Seun and his moderators.
Am prepared for another ban but I will never stop asking for equal treatment for all on this forum.
This is serious!!!
I was about starting a thread demanding reasons why Muslims can easily comment on Christan topics while you have to answer some ridiculous questions before you can comment in the Islam section shocked
Re: If Islam For Muslims Does Not Want Non-muslims Commenting On The Threads There by Etesam(m): 10:31am On Oct 28, 2016
OmoPastor:

ProPastorChris:

This is serious!!!
I was about starting a thread demanding reasons why Muslims can easily comment on Christan topics while you have to answer some ridiculous questions before you can comment in the Islam section shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Greatest Law Preacher - Paul Ellis / Some God Questions / Deeper Life Bible Church Unveils The Biggest And Best Equipped Hospital Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.