Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1615 Views)

21 Tell Tale Signs Of Emotional Abuse in marriage / Dealing With A Snoring Partner / Dealing With The Pressures From Married Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 17, 2015
Re: . by Nobody: 11:48am On Apr 17, 2015
Re: . by kinglekan: 11:55am On Apr 17, 2015

This is an interesting and delicate issue. I think she should confront him and let him know how she feels and all that has happened as a result of what he did to her.

The reason why I say this is because, its apparent that she has nursed the pain and hurt for so long. What she needs is complete closure.

He might have moved on and truly repented of those things he has done and doesn't know how to apologise for the hurt and pain he caused her. Approaching him about it might just open the door to a heartfelt sincere apology that would just help her get permanent closure.

On the other hand, if he is not truly repentant, he should be exposed. There are ways to go about this. I would advice she seeks legal council in this regard.

#MyOpinion

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 17, 2015

1 Like

Re: . by KanwuliaJara: 2:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
The lady is suffering from severe psychosis!
The alleged sexual abuse did not prevent her from having 4 kids abi? undecided

Oya KONTINU!

1 Like

Re: . by mutter(f): 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Oya KONTINU!

Should she now be condemned to a living hell on earth because she is/ was a victim of abuse. Most victims end up having families but the pain and nightmares remain. angry

She should confront him and expose him. That will also make others aware and able to prevent other children from getting hurt like she was.
Such people never get cured some learn to control it.
However if she cannot deal with confronting him she better let it be.
The most important thing is he needs to understand that she was a victim. she had no blame and she has nothing to be ashamed of.
Mostly it is the society that goes on to end the abuse that the abuser started, by condemning the vctim.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
smiley
Re: . by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Oya KONTINU!

The alleged? I just wanted to inform you that she is an amazing mother. Her children have nothing to do with it.

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
very good reply

kinglekan:

This is an interesting and delicate issue. I think she should confront him and let him know how she feels and all that has happened as a result of what he did to her.

The reason why I say this is because, its apparent that she has nursed the pain and hurt for so long. What she needs is complete closure.

He might have moved on and truly repented of those things he has done and doesn't know how to apologise for the hurt and pain he caused her. Approaching him about it might just open the door to a heartfelt sincere apology that would just help her get permanent closure.

On the other hand, if he is not truly repentant, he should be exposed. There are ways to go about this. I would advice she seeks legal council in this regard.

#MyOpinion

1 Like

Re: . by KanwuliaJara: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
DarkAngel86:

The alleged? That's crawl of you to make this assumption but it's your right. I just wanted to inform you that she is an amazing mother. Her children have nothing to do with it if anything she is too protective and gives way to much of herself to try and composite for her horrible childhood.

There is no more fantastic job in the world than being a GOOD MOTHER!
If she survived the abuse and is still a good mother, she is the WINNER!
Instead of staying strong for HERSELF AND CHILDREN, she chooses to fall apart. undecided

It is a fact that the effects of sexual abuse on children or adult victims are extremely traumatic and the sequelae can manifest in different forms of mental issues.

Life is all about choices.
It is either she stays strong and get the right kind of help or she may be consumed by the demons from her past.

It is not all about her anymore! kiss
Re: . by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
DarkAngel86:
Cc: Royalroy
not a front page material
Re: . by Nobody: 9:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
This life sef.

Some people are emotionally weak.

while,

Some are emotionally strong.

@topic, I dnt really know what to say.
Re: . by ratatis(m): 3:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
missbronze:
This life sef.

Some people are emotionally weak.

while,

Some are emotionally strong.

@topic, I dnt really know what to say.

true!
Re: . by ratatis(m): 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
@ OP,
You can play a positive role here by virtue of the fact that she can confide in you. Seek her permission to intercede on her behalf. Subject to being granted her permission, look for someone who the perpetrator reveres. The two of you should sit down with the perpetrator & discuss the matter. Try to "talk" him into apologizing to your friend.

The apology will attenuate the intensity of her anger & eventually lead to its dissipation. This will break the psychological barrier which is being reinforced by seeing the man now & then. After that, she's likely to have more success with the counseling.

In addition, she may consider the use of Creative Imagination to redeem the past.

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Can't Marry Her Because Of Our Religion! / I Need Help Fixing Myself / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.