Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,113 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? (1769 Views)

Man Gifts Wife New Car For Exclusively Breast-Feeding Their Baby For 6 Months / Amazing Wedding Gifts You Can Give The Just Married / 6 Unique Wedding Gifts Every Parent Must Give Their Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? by injuredman: 6:23am On Aug 26, 2015
My wife and I did our TM and church wedding 2 years ago. At both ceremonies we had gifts from family and friends. Most of the gifts were repeatitions, 3-5 people giving same or similar gifts. Some gifts though unique are not necessarily desired. We live outside our home state where both ceremonies took place. These excess gift have been locked in our room back home. We have given some to people whenever we go home.
While I appreciate the gesture of all that gave us these gifts, I have suggested to my wife that we sell the excess even at a reduce price. She does not agree. In fact we have quarreled several times on this. I see no point allowing these items to occupy space without any use. She wants them to remind her of her wedding day and the persons that gave the gifts.

Would you sell your excess wedding gift? Would you buy such from someone?
Re: What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? by NoRetreat(m): 6:25am On Aug 26, 2015
Dash some out!

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? by lumzybo: 6:27am On Aug 26, 2015
Women, keeping rubbish load sinx 1852. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 6:27am On Aug 26, 2015
Very simple...Give them out..

1 Like

Re: What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? by SPG4U(m): 6:27am On Aug 26, 2015
no take it to the motherless and orphanage homes or probably give it out to thos families that lacks

4 Likes

Re: What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? by agarawu23(m): 6:29am On Aug 26, 2015
gv me kiss
Re: What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? by mutter(f): 6:31am On Aug 26, 2015
Why keep what you can't use. Give it to the poor. It is a blessing .

2 Likes

Re: What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? by bewla(m): 6:50am On Aug 26, 2015
lagoon far from your house (i suppose u no what that means) trow them there
Re: What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? by belamour(m): 7:30am On Aug 26, 2015
Why Sell It

Keep It... Its Your Rightful Belongings.

Myself N My Wife Takes From Our Excess Gift As A Gift 2 Any Occasion Worth Giving Out A Gift

So We Hardly Buy Gift For Any Occasion

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? by loomer: 7:52am On Aug 26, 2015
See question
Re: What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? by injuredman: 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2015
Thank you all for your responses. @SPG4U, motherless or orphanage home is not an option. My experience has shown that most gifts given to such homes end up being used by the owners or workers at such homes. Till integrity/transparency is enhanced in our society, children in such homes will not benefit much from the generosity of the public due to the greed of the operators or workers there.

@belamour, we don't live where these gifts are and we rarely attend functions back home. Going by the quantity of these gifts, it may take many years to give them out if we rely on giving it at other persons functions.

All the same, we will try something based on your suggestions.
Re: What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? by Curiouscity(m): 10:59am On Dec 04, 2016
injuredman:
Thank you all for your responses. @SPG4U, motherless or orphanage home is not an option. My experience has shown that most gifts given to such homes end up being used by the owners or workers at such homes. Till integrity/transparency is enhanced in our society, children in such homes will not benefit much from the generosity of the public due to the greed of the operators or workers there.

@belamour, we don't live where these gifts are and we rarely attend functions back home. Going by the quantity of these gifts, it may take many years to give them out if we rely on giving it at other persons functions.

All the same, we will try something based on your suggestions.

How far with these excess gifts of yours? What is the location? We can buy them off at 50% of the market value.
Re: What Do I Do With Excess Wedding Gifts? by MamaTej(f): 10:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
Please, is a washing machine part of the gift. I need a very cheap one.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Has Your Father Ever Told You He Loves You? / Should I Expose My Wife's EX? / Relocation Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.