Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,960 members, 7,835,203 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Obanikoro And Amaechi Embarrass Themselves In Twitter Fight - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obanikoro And Amaechi Embarrass Themselves In Twitter Fight (801 Views)

Brass LGA Now Trending In Twitter: See What People Are Saying (snapshot) / Suggest A Portfolio For Lai Mohammed And Amaechi As A Minister / Patience Jonathan And Amaechi Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obanikoro And Amaechi Embarrass Themselves In Twitter Fight by tola9ja: 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
Former Senator and controversial minister Musiliu Obanikoro and Governor of Rivers State Rotimi Amaechi took turns attacking one another on Twitter over the disputed election in Rivers State.

Obanikoro cast the first stone in a Tweet while boasting about congratulating Governor-Elect Ambode for his successful campaign in Lagos State. Mr. Obanikoro lost to Jimi Agbaje during his primary campaign to run for governor of Lagos State on the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ticket

I congratulated Ambode based on the larger interest of Lagos State. Amaechi and his co-travelers in Rivers State should learn from this. #MO
— Musiliu Obanikoro (@MObanikoro) April 13, 2015

Governor Amaechi then lashed back at Obanikoro in a series of Tweets arguing that the Rivers State election must be canceled due to poll fraud:

Mr. Obanikoro then responded with a series of his own Tweets by inferring polling irregularities in the north. Obanikoro then concluded his Twitter attacks by saying “don’t also forget the history of how you became Governor of Rivers State,” referring to the widely-held belief that Amaechi rigged his election in Rivers State.

SaharaReporters reached out to Governor Amaechi’s office for his response to Obanikoro’s latest Tweets, but they were unavailable at the time of writing. Governor Amaechi did re-Tweet some of his supporters pointing some inaccuracies with Mr. Obanikoro's statements.

Mr. Obanikoro was recently appointed to a lackluster cabinet position by President Jonathan, after he lost his primary bid to be governor of Lagos State and after the revelation of his involvement in rigging the Ekiti State gubernatorial elections for the PDP.

SaharaReporters could not view Musiliu Obanikoro's Twitter account because he has since blocked our news organization handles. A SaharaReporters employee had to view Mr. Obanikoro's Tweets on their personal Twitter account.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/04/16/obanikoro-and-amaechi-embarrass-themselves-twitter-fight

Re: Obanikoro And Amaechi Embarrass Themselves In Twitter Fight by imbless: 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Obanikoro And Amaechi Embarrass Themselves In Twitter Fight by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Obanikoro And Amaechi Embarrass Themselves In Twitter Fight by sammyj: 12:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Obanikoro And Amaechi Embarrass Themselves In Twitter Fight by Dapresident(m): 12:48pm On Apr 17, 2015
My belief is dt dis two adults neeed to be slapped so as to restore their brain to factory settings... U are supposed to b statesmen for pete sakes... My belief is dt dis two adults neeed to be slapped so as to restore their brain to factory settings... U are supposed to b statesmen for pete sakes...

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro And Amaechi Embarrass Themselves In Twitter Fight by jascon1(m): 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
Abeg I mistakenly flush my door key inside toilet last night. Is it right for me to come out through the window this morning?
Re: Obanikoro And Amaechi Embarrass Themselves In Twitter Fight by ozoigbondu: 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
Where
Re: Obanikoro And Amaechi Embarrass Themselves In Twitter Fight by tola9ja: 12:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
jascon1:
Abeg I mistakenly flush my door key inside toilet last night. Is it right for me to come out through the window this morning?

Re: Obanikoro And Amaechi Embarrass Themselves In Twitter Fight by jascon1(m): 12:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
Abeg if una c shoemaker make Una help me call am

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Fg Reverts On Handover Date / I Wish Gmb Well But I Don't Believe His Ability / Jonathan Embarks On Phantom Post-mortem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.