Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa (1518 Views)

Stronger Than Boko Haram! New Terrorists Appear In Nigeria, Threatens Government / Massive Crowd Burnt Down MTN Office. Pix. Was Your Line Blocked? / Nigeria Recalls Envoy to South Africa over Xenophobia attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by Nomswag: 2:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nigeria is set to take a hard stand against South
Africa over the xenophobic attacks going on in the
country.
According to South African news portal eNCA:
An official with the newly elected All
Progressive Congress (APC), Tolu Adesanya,
confirmed to eNCA that they handed down a
memorandum to the South African embassy in
Lagos on Wednesday.
In the memorandum, the APC party officials
and members of civil society groups have
demanded that South Africa take swift action
against attacks on foreign nationals.
Adesanya said that Nigeria will shut down
South African businesses if their demands are
not met by South Africa.
“We actually handed a letter to the South
African embassy yesterday, making them
aware that we are not happy with what is
going on in South Africa. Should there be any
more attacks, we are going to shut down
South African businesses in Nigeria. That is
MTN, Multi Choice, Shoprite etc,” said APC
official Tolu Adesanya. http:///1CSW8lk
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by Nomswag: 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
and other south african company
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by Basildvalour(m): 2:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
It should be a life sentence even

eMpTyheN have tried stealing from us already
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
I support it,100%.
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by emmancipated(m): 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
make una start with dstv. dia own don too much. meanwhile mtn should b next but make I port first
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by ChikezieU(m): 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
Please shut it already, MTN is main line but i will be more than happy if its destroyed nt just switching off, their other companies can be handled. Let them go to hell with their crap.
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by CHM11: 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
Seconded if true,..worse, we all port to glo which is proudly Nigerian.
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by ozoigbondu: 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
Don't shut it down rather nationalize it and resell it

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by agoadiv(m): 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
whattttttttshocked

pleaseeeeeees let me finish my 3gb before u do it plssssssss cry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by tayoxx(m): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
Yes shut it down.....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by tintingz(m): 3:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
I support the move, they should shut down MTN, Shoprite, DStv.

I don't know why this S'Africans are so filled with hatred, hating on their fellow Africans.
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by lilprinze: 3:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
They should shut it down I don't know what south Africans think they are.
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
Lol. Not the Nigeria I know
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by asadike(f): 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2015
Arrest every black south africa national in nigeria now. What is their president doing about this? We also have so many jobless youths in nigeria today even more than south africa yet we are happy doing business with south africans, chinese and other foreign nationals earning their living in nigeria. We are really treating this issue with kid gloves. Nigeria needs to handle this issue with a firm hand now before its too late.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by Strongfaze(m): 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
If only its true! Because Mr. Adesanya will soon come out to *debunk* the story.
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by Penssuwa(m): 3:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
That wld be a wrong move. It's better to mandate MTN to give us free and unlimited internet access for 30yrs and Dstv to make all the stations accessible without subscription. This is the only way we can benefit
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by EdCure: 3:46pm On Apr 17, 2015
All threats, warnings, and no corresponding action while Nigerian lives remained in danger.
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
Penssuwa:
That wld be a wrong move. It's better to mandate MTN to give us free and unlimited internet access for 30yrs and Dstv to make all the stations accessible without subscription. This is the only way we can benefit

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigeria Threatens To Shut Down MTN Over Xenophobia In South Africa by TheBlackSaint(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
I don't beleive the story. First of all who is Tolu Adesanya and in what capacity did he speak. Anyone can make up random names to make their report appear credible. Having said that, it is immature, infantile and downright self defeating to attack South African businesses in Nigeria in response to the horrifying events in SA at the moment. These companies employ thousands of Nigerians and are major contributors to Nigeria's GDP. We must not let our emotions overrule our senses. We must act sensible at times like this.
What is required is a long term strategy to re establish Nigeria's soft power internationally but as is often said charity begins at home, so our focus now must be to create socio-economic policies that will strengthen local institutions and companies. If we can do this then our citizens who would otherwise have migrated will have confidence in the system/nation and will have little reason to leave.

(1) (Reply)

Chief Of Army Staff In Monumental Fraud Scandal / RCCG Pastor Laolu Akande Resumes As Osinbajo’s Spokesperson. Photo / Son Of Former AGF Crashes N40m Porsche Car Into Fuel Queue (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.