Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Inter-tribal Marriage - A Unifying Factor In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Inter-tribal Marriage - A Unifying Factor In Nigeria (1594 Views)

The Communication Factor In A Relationship Or Marriage / Osoba Preaches Inter-tribal Marriage / REFUTAL: Over Ripe Bananas Don't Have Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inter-tribal Marriage - A Unifying Factor In Nigeria by ritzytbabs(m): 3:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
There is no doubt that one of the factors obstructing the progress and development of our great country Nigeria is ethnicity and tribalism. its glaring right from the time of independence, the problem of the most populace black nation in africa has been that of tribal and ethnic consideration.

These cankerworms have so much embedded itself in the fabrics of this great country nigeria such that be it politics, getting admission into tertiary institutions, getting jobs in government parastatals, distribution of wealth/resources in the country, tribal or ethnic considerations comes into play.

But. I believe inter-tribal marriages across various ethnic and tribals groups can help foster understanding, peace, unity and development. No wonder i leapt for joy when i came across this invitation card on instagram tagged ' Funmilola weds Chukwuemeka". I was amazed, i wasn't only impressed with the wedding card design (the wedding passport, wedding boarding pass etc) i paused and i asked myself "an igbo guy getting married to a yoruba lady, like seriously?" I don't know either of them, but in all honesty am happy part of our generation are accepting inter-tribal marriages now, it wasn't so in the past. My best wishes are with the couple to be, God bless the union.

cc: sinaj, rokiatu, Lala247, Seun, tosyne2much, UjSizzle, Scrypt, sugarbuns

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inter-tribal Marriage - A Unifying Factor In Nigeria by Basildvalour(m): 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2015
I will marry a Fulani woman, they look like the Indians
grin

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marriage - A Unifying Factor In Nigeria by ritzytbabs(m): 3:41pm On Apr 17, 2015
Basildvalour:
grin

good luck in your quest for a fulani lady, hope you prepared for the famous ceremonial part where you get to be lashed with a cane and you dare not cry or bail out....lol
Re: Inter-tribal Marriage - A Unifying Factor In Nigeria by Basildvalour(m): 3:55pm On Apr 17, 2015
ritzytbabs:

good luck in your quest for a fulani lady, hope you prepared for the famous ceremonial part where you get to be lashed with a cane and you dare not cry or bail out....lol
Love conquers all, it'll conquer all lashing, bashing and quashing

1 Like

Re: Inter-tribal Marriage - A Unifying Factor In Nigeria by Freiburger(m): 6:52am On Apr 18, 2015
Basildvalour:
grin
Why not go directly for the Indian woman instead of marrying her look-alike.
Re: Inter-tribal Marriage - A Unifying Factor In Nigeria by Basildvalour(m): 6:54am On Apr 18, 2015
Freiburger:

Why not go directly for the Indian woman instead of marrying her look-alike.
Nah, she wouldn't have enough money to pay my groom price
Re: Inter-tribal Marriage - A Unifying Factor In Nigeria by Freiburger(m): 6:57am On Apr 18, 2015
Basildvalour:
Nah, she wouldn't have enough money to pay my groom price
hahaha... you still dey discriminate abi?

(1) (Reply)

MI - Height Does Not Bother Me / See What Kogi State Governor Did After Buhari Came Back To Nigeria / The Lifehack For Handling Criticism!this Image Is What You Need To See Everytime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.