Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:02 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1059) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1295623 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) ... (1549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
Minemrys:

i just dnt kn0w why. So no dc shows on dc universe again?

I don't know where Titans will be moved to
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:43pm On Jul 10, 2020
Minemrys:

that's what i am saying na, what's d essence of having them in development when they d0n't get made? I doubt nightwing will get made.

Being in devt means there is hope of entering Production most especially if it's attached with a scriptwriter or the script is finished. What remains is mobilization, funds and Director, then prolly Cast members.

You're looking at it from a narrow perspective. There are many factors that prevents an in-development movie from entering Production.

***Like a sequel movie now for example, if its Original bombs at the B.O it may easily halt devt for that sequel or any spinoff from it. You get me ie. BoP, MoS, Justice League (it was meant to be a two part movie, but what did you get??).

***Another Factor is a director or screenwriter leaving a movie set for Production. That halts anything going for that movie unless another set of creative team is replaced ASAP.

***Another is IF a movie is dependent on Another movie to introduce it's characters on-screen before the said movie emerges. Ie imagine if the said Black Adam doesn't have any Hawkman or Hawkgirl or Dr fate, that means no JSA or Solo movie for them. Or this better analogy: If Shazam doesn't get Produced, there is no way you'd get a Black Adam movie unless it's a character study and have contained arc like Joker.

*** Moreso, if there is creative differences from what was initially planned for a movie to pivot to another story entirely... Eg, Flash— from a Flash introductory movie to Flashpoint asap. Things like these slows movies devt, thus a delayed production. Flash has been delayed like how many times now 4/5??

*** Also, if A major protagonist or member of a movie gets replaced suddenly or suffers any eventuality (accident,death, or withdraw from movie entirely).... There's surely going to be delay until a replacement is found.

*** Change of Priority: if a movie was in development and set for Production but suddenly Production company changes orientation and priority in favor of another movie, that's an issue. Ie Supergirl was set to takeover from Supes since Supes has have a troubled time on Screen in recent years. Now that film has gone back to the backfoot. Same as Batgirl and Nightwing taking over from Bats, suddenly we get a Matt Reeves Batman.

*** It might be Scheduling... Slate for set film can't be met due to these factors I've mentioned or suffers Eventuality.... Perfect example... Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic we're currently Facing. It has altered many production dates or release dates set for almost every movie. Same happens to Development process.

So THESE factors needs to be considered before Branding some movies never entering Production, most especially movies which there was clear intent to Produce >> JLD, JL 2, Cyborg , Flash, Nightwing.
Abeg forgive my VERBOSE Assessment. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 1:06pm On Jul 10, 2020
So the abomination we had in BvS was not the real Doomsday, this man get sense

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2020
Nickshrapnel:

Of course na, but the question is, how many people new that it was not the real doomsday, because I was not happy with what I saw in BVS. ?

Zack needs to make his movies more understandable for the general audience

However, there is little hope with get to see the death of superman in the hands of doomsday
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
pu7pl3:
People that watch Stargirl...what does this meme remind you about in the show? grin grin grin

Getting rid of stargirl after she disobeys pat over and over cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 2:11pm On Jul 10, 2020
Nickshrapnel:

grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 2:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Getting rid of stargirl after she disobeys pat over and over cheesy

Nah✖️✖️
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 2:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
pu7pl3:
People that watch Stargirl...what does this meme remind you about in the show? grin grin grin

Since nobody is getting it right il just say it

It's Dr Ito's clones carrying Cindy back into the tunnels/sewers when she was about to wreck Courtney grin grin cheesy

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 2:20pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Of course na, but the question is, how many people new that it was not the real doomsday, because I was not happy with what I saw in BVS. ?

However, there is little hope with get to see the death of superman in the hands of doomsday
I think the man is cunning, putting little unimportant scenes to explain a larger plot in case it does not go down well with people. Had people accepted the BvS Doomsday, I’m sure he won’t say that.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
abduleez1:

Being in devt means there is hope of entering Production most especially if it's attached with a scriptwriter or the script is finished. What remains is mobilization, funds and Director, then prolly Cast members.

You're looking at it from a narrow perspective. There are many factors that prevents an in-development movie from entering Production.

***Like a sequel movie now for example, if its Original bombs at the B.O it may easily halt devt for that sequel or any spinoff from it. You get me ie. BoP, MoS, Justice League (it was meant to be a two part movie, but what did you get??).

***Another Factor is a director or screenwriter leaving a movie set for Production. That halts anything going for that movie unless another set of creative team is replaced ASAP.

***Another is IF a movie is dependent on Another movie to introduce it's characters on-screen before the said movie emerges. Ie imagine if the said Black Adam doesn't have any Hawkman or Hawkgirl or Dr fate, that means no JSA or Solo movie for them. Or this better analogy: If Shazam doesn't get Produced, there is no way you'd get a Black Adam movie unless it's a character study and have contained arc like Joker.

*** Moreso, if there is creative differences from what was initially planned for a movie to pivot to another story entirely... Eg, Flash— from a Flash introductory movie to Flashpoint asap. Things like these slows movies devt, thus a delayed production. Flash has been delayed like how many times now 4/5??

*** Also, if A major protagonist or member of a movie gets replaced suddenly or suffers any eventuality (accident,death, or withdraw from movie entirely).... There's surely going to be delay until a replacement is found.

*** Change of Priority: if a movie was in development and set for Production but suddenly Production company changes orientation and priority in favor of another movie, that's an issue. Ie Supergirl was set to takeover from Supes since Supes has have a troubled time on Screen in recent years. Now that film has gone back to the backfoot. Same as Batgirl and Nightwing taking over from Bats, suddenly we get a Matt Reeves Batman.

*** It might be Scheduling... Slate for set film can't be met due to these factors I've mentioned or suffers Eventuality.... Perfect example... Worldwide Coronavirus Pandemic we're currently Facing. It has altered many production dates or release dates set for almost every movie. Same happens to Development process.

So THESE factors needs to be considered before Branding some movies never entering Production, most especially movies which there was clear intent to Produce >> JLD, JL 2, Cyborg , Flash, Nightwing.
Abeg forgive my VERBOSE Assessment. grin
lol, it's like u d0n't understand h0llyw0od politics. They can just ann0unce a film is in devel0pment without m0ving forward or having intenti0ns to. Wb are f0nd of that. That's why i am being pessimistic and saying, that it's ann0unced doesn't mean it'll fly. Ben affleck did menti0n this during his live by night interviews, he said his batman film isn't definitive or certain. S0me of these studios would just ann0unce a film and a writer to create hype with0ut it being entirely true. All these ann0uncements are just to build hype for the dceu. Didn't they ann0unce a deathstroke film was in devel0pment prior to Jl's release? S0me is just for publicity.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2020
pu7pl3:

Since nobody is getting it right il just say it

It's Dr Ito's clones carrying Cindy back into the tunnels/sewers when she was about to wreck Courtney grin grin cheesy
lol, i didn't see it c0ming. Are th0se things really cl0nes? Is shiv's m0m t0o a cl0ne? Is shiv t0o a cl0ne?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

left to me, that d0omsday chapter should be cl0sed. They already did the death of supes,of what imp0rtance would be introducing d0omsday again and saying, this is the real d0omsday? Had d0omsday n0t killed kent, then that's when the story gets valid that yeah, supes survived cos it wasn't the real d0omsday.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 3:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
Minemrys:

lol, i didn't see it c0ming. Are th0se things really cl0nes? Is shiv's m0m t0o a cl0ne? Is shiv t0o a cl0ne?

Yea, they are clones, the fake mum is also a clone.. according to Ito they were "conditioned" and apparently they take alot of time to make..that's why you see them(Ito and Cindy) killing them anyhow

Cindy isn't a clone but she was definitely worked on.. according to Ito it was his "gift" to her
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:33pm On Jul 10, 2020
Minemrys:

lol, it's like u d0n't understand h0llyw0od politics. They can just ann0unce a film is in devel0pment without m0ving forward or having intenti0ns to. Wb are f0nd of that. That's why i am being pessimistic and saying, that it's ann0unced doesn't mean it'll fly. Ben affleck did menti0n this during his live by night interviews, he said his batman film isn't definitive or certain. S0me of these studios would just ann0unce a film and a writer to create hype with0ut it being entirely true. All these ann0uncements are just to build hype for the dceu. Didn't they ann0unce a deathstroke film was in devel0pment prior to Jl's release? S0me is just for publicity.

True but those I mentioned had real intent to Produce. Things just didn't pan out. Or they somehow dropped their balls and caved in.

Movies in devt announced back then which I think is a joke or never to be taken seriously is projects announcements like:

Plasticman grin grin
Blue Beetle
Booster Gold
The Trench. I think these are just hype when the DCEU was in a very low Ebb.

I fvcking can't believe those dumb funny WB execs truly announced this. grin cheesy around 2018 just before Aquaman's debut and after the Josstice League $#itstorm. grin

I truly believed in that Deathstroke solo, it's still in devt though. He's a fan fave, things just wasn't set up properly in the DCEU. And there were constant comparisons with Marvel.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2020
The face behind robotman smiley

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
abduleez1:

True but those I mentioned had real intent to Produce. Things just didn't pan out. Or they somehow dropped their balls and caved in.

Movies in devt announced back then which I think is a joke or never to be taken seriously is projects announcements like:

Plasticman grin grin
Blue Beetle
Booster Gold
The Trench. I think these are just hype when the DCEU was in a very low Ebb.

I fvcking can't believe those dumb funny WB execs truly announced this. grin cheesy around 2018 just before Aquaman's debut and after the Josstice League $#itstorm. grin

I truly believed in that Deathstroke solo, it's still in devt though. He's a fan fave, things just wasn't set up properly in the DCEU. And there were constant comparisons with Marvel.

Plastic man was serious too, since the early 2000's and I don't think the Trench has been scrapped
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Emmynator(m): 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

I wanted to talk about doom patrol last week but since abduleez1 has threatened to shoot anyone that post spoilers, i just hide for one corner cheesy
Abduleez1, you stand accused of threats to your fellow DC fans, how do you answer to these accusations? Guilty or not? grin
On a more serious note, after like two or three days the spoilers should start flowing in, it is nice to discuss the episode as you can get things you missed while watching it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
Are you ready??

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheKingIsHere:
The face behind robotman smiley

Nice. grin

I heard it was Two people performing Robotman's character. Brendan Fraser and one other guy. Brendan plays the flashbacks. grin

The guy got a dope voice act though. cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
abduleez1:

Nice. grin

I heard it was Two people performing Robotman's character. Brendan Fraser and one other guy. Brendan plays the flashbacks. grin

The guy got a dope voice act though. cheesy

Brendan Fraser does the voice over or flashbacks while the other guy does the physical movements in the robot suit.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheKingIsHere:
Are you ready??

I no too dey believe all these things again. Too much activity and news on DC recently. Almost tripling even Marvel's chatter. grin

I no understand again. I no Sabi that site sef.... Maybe from DiscussingFilm, Variety, ScreenRant, Movieweb, Hollywood Reporter and the likes I go accept. But I'll still take it with a pinch of salt.

These bloggers are rushing to be the first to publish new activity related to DC, since DC is going through some reshuffling. Any small unconfirmed rumor from supposed "insider"' they post sharpaly.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
abduleez1:

I no too dey believe all these things again. Too much activity and news on DC recently. Almost tripling even Marvel's chatter. grin

I no understand again.

Well, I believe all these are still in the works.

It is all in a bid to get more customers to subscribe to hbo max.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Brendan Fraser does the voice over or flashbacks while the other guy does the physical movements in the robot suit.

Yea, succinctly Put. wink cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Well, I believe all these are still in the works.

It is all in a bid to get more customers to subscribe to hbo max.

Yep, I believe they are in the works, some yet to be greenlit projects. Some are considerations. These bloggers just make it seem you'll start seeing those projects in the next 5yrs. grin

True, they are throwing everything all out to make sure HBOMax is a success. cheesy

HBOMax seems short on Originals right now. Probably towards the end of the year we'll start seeing more.
Big Budget projects are coming too slow.

Them no one borrow sense from Disney(The Mandalorian) and AppleTV+(See) with big budget launcher.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
I think the man is cunning, putting little unimportant scenes to explain a larger plot in case it does not go down well with people. Had people accepted the BvS Doomsday, I’m sure he won’t say that.

It was clearly explained in BVS that a doomsday creature, an abomination, was created earlier in Kryptonian history/archive. The procedure for creating doomsday was even banned. Heck, Lex Luthor was warned about the implication of using the procedure on Zod's body.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:11pm On Jul 10, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

I wanted to talk about doom patrol last week but since abduleez1 has threatened to shoot anyone that post spoilers, i just hide for one corner cheesy

Emmynator:

Abduleez1, you stand accused of threats to your fellow DC fans, how do you answer to these accusations? Guilty or not? grin
On a more serious note, after like two or three days the spoilers should start flowing in, it is nice to discuss the episode as you can get things you missed while watching it.

Lol, I plead, Not Guilty. My Lord grin

I was just joking then. And off of course like you said spoilers could start 2-3 days after premiere.
I just didn't find it palatable since I get up to date like 5days after premiere— During the weekends.

Besides my complaint haven't stopped anyone from posting spoilers. Cos I still see 'em everyday.
I just scroll past any post I feel contains spoilers.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:13pm On Jul 10, 2020
TonySpike:

It was clearly explained in BVS that a doomsday creature, an abomination, was created earlier in Kryptonian history/archive. The procedure for creating doomsday was even banned. Heck, Lex Luthor was warned about the implication of using the procedure on Zod's body.

Lol, anyone who truly paid attention knows BvS Doomsday isn't the Original. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:14pm On Jul 10, 2020
Its looking Like @TheKingIsHere was spitting the Gospel. cheesy grin

Mehn, HBOMax is definitely trying to corner the whole Market man. grin Chai.... It's more like DC MAX right now. grin it's a true challenger for Disney+

Now I just remembered how Disney+ was making waves after announcing their MCU and Star Wars shows slate. The internet and everyone was crazed then. DC fans just mellow and crying inside that time.... grin lol

This is why I say this decade go sweet DIE!! I PRAY make baba God make me witness am. And I Health and wealth. grin cheesy

But on a serious note.... I thought we had Gotham already. It's more or less GCPD show?? It's my next superhero TV watchlist.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:40pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ouch.... Seems like a BoP sequel is cancelled.

I truly didn't see the need for it. Instead Adapt Gotham City Sirens with very high degree of comic accuracy.

I heard it's been pushed to frontburner after BoP box office flop.

@minemrys see part of the factors I say could change a movies production plans. grin cheesy

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Emmynator(m): 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2020
abduleez1:

Lol, I plead, Not Guilty. My Lord grin

I was just joking then. And off of course like you said spoilers could start 2-3 days after premiere.
I just didn't find it palatable since I get up to date like 5days after premiere— During the weekends.

Besides my complaint haven't stopped anyone from posting spoilers. Cos I still see 'em everyday.
I just scroll past any post I feel contains spoilers.

Lol, i get you totally.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Cottonmouth: 7:19am On Jul 11, 2020
Flash

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 11:06am On Jul 11, 2020
pu7pl3:

Yea, they are clones, the fake mum is also a clone.. according to Ito they were "conditioned" and apparently they take alot of time to make..that's why you see them(Ito and Cindy) killing them anyhow

Cindy isn't a clone but she was definitely worked on.. according to Ito it was his "gift" to her
so is there any news about her real mum

(1) (2) (3) ... (1056) (1057) (1058) (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) ... (1549) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free? / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.