Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1074) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1234049 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 7:47pm On Aug 16, 2020
BankyGee:

I really loved and enjoyed the movie. I don't know why many people esp. DC fans criticized the movie negatively...

Mostly snyder gatekeepers are the ones spreading hate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2020
abduleez1:

Na Mainly yeye Snyder Fans hate this Movie.

I didn't like it much but it was enjoyable and appropriate for a Harley Quinn movie.

Not exactly, I have found out that there are Snyder fans and there are snyder gatekeepers

A lot of snyder fans still love BOP, but the gatekeepers are the extremely toxic ones who just hate everything that is not from Snyder..

Infact, some are so toxic that some started hating snyder for not acknowledging them or fighting with the people that arranged justice con

It's a crazy world...lol cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
abduleez1:

Me thinks DC and marvel are both same, only different ideology in movie verse.

As Pu7pl3 said alternate universe is manifested in Spiderverse.

Yea
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
TonySpike:

You should watch "12 Monkeys". It's really a good show and now it's complete.
will try it again, can't remember why I even stopped it
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 9:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
johnyace:
from your explanation of Marvel's version of Time travel, it seems like they are using bootstrap paradox theory,( a theory which I very much dislike)

DC's idea of a multiverse does not stem from time travel just some theory's in physics about parallel universe's if you watched the man in the high castle, you would understand it.
will check it out
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by phr0nesis(m): 10:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

I'm not a Snyder fan but I hated that movie
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by charlesm91(m): 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2020
TonySpike:

Interesting, have you watched the series "12 Monkeys"? What do you think about the time-travelling concept in "12 Monkeys" though?

I would think the DC time-travelling concept is more linear in concept, that is, a straight line time. The Marvel concept is more non-linear but it also explores linear concepts within a single timeline. I am also trying to picture the new DC series, "The Watchmen" through the eyes of Dr Manhattan... Lol
i think 12 monkeys had the best concept of time travel. Everything was detailed and the cause and effect well explained. The end from the beginning and beginning from the end. It’s but tricky in the beginning but later i understood. 12 monkeys i think follows a linear time travel same as DC
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

Not exactly, I have found out that there are Snyder fans and there are snyder gatekeepers

A lot of snyder fans still love BOP, but the gatekeepers are the extremely toxic ones who just hate everything that is not from Snyder..

Infact, some are so toxic that some started hating snyder for not acknowledging them or fighting with the people that arranged justice con

It's a crazy world...lol cheesy

Lol, I swear.
That group ehn is something else. Their toxicity go fear you. As they heard about BoP in development the hate ehn, some were already praying, hoping and predicting it fails.

They were the ones mostly crying Black Mask is gay sh_it and all that. Crying bout costumes, crying bout team mates. You would even start thinking they're toxic Marvel fans.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:00am On Aug 17, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

No Aquaman2? cheesy

Here's mine

Aquaman 2
WW84
New Gods/ZSJL

Yea, Aquaman 2 would have gotten the 3rd spot but serious competition from Black Adam, most especially since it's a team up movie. And got the OG Dr Fate and Hawkman in it.

If there was no BA it would have easily gotten it. grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:49am On Aug 17, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

let's start with this. Do u yourself think the m0vie we got was worth the hype? Be h0nest. A 1hour m0vie that felt so much like a Tv show. I d0n't think it's the snyder fans that spread the hate, cos critics already tore the m0vie before it was released to the public to hate.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:59am On Aug 17, 2020
abduleez1:

Lol, I swear.
That group ehn is something else. Their toxicity go fear you. As they heard about BoP in development the hate ehn, some were already praying, hoping and predicting it fails.

They were the ones mostly crying Black Mask is gay sh_it and all that. Crying bout costumes, crying bout team mates. You would even start thinking they're toxic Marvel fans.

n0t that i am defending a toxic fan base, but seriously, a bop film when the dceu is at it's development, characters like flash, batman or superman, green lantern who are centre of the dcu yet to be developed in a shared cinematic c0ntext is making things jovial at a time things weren't c0ming together. I mean, imagine the Mcu at its incepti0n making a guardians of the galaxy film after ir0n man 2. Or sorry, a nick fury film? The Aunt may prop0sed s0ny film got backlash when amazing spiderman 2 had a rocky recepti0n.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:07am On Aug 17, 2020
abduleez1:

Lol, I swear.

again, a film is only as great as it's villain. I can't imagine people defending Bop. I mean, the actor had potential but the character was written one kind. I couldn't even relate with the characters, which is surprising as i did relate or find harlequin humanized in suicide squad. The gay stuff w0n't have being an issue if the character was well written. I d0n't kn0w what the purpose of that film was, but i kn0w it didn't get me. And many people, n0t even the snyder fan base hated it.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2020
I've been sounding it here, you are really missing if you not following this book...Scot Snyder is really killing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Xr275BTsk
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:15pm On Aug 17, 2020
Minemrys:

again, a film is only as great as it's villain. I can't imagine people defending Bop. I mean, the actor had potential but the character was written one kind. I couldn't even relate with the characters, which is surprising as i did relate or find harlequin humanized in suicide squad. The gay stuff w0n't have being an issue if the character was well written. I d0n't kn0w what the purpose of that film was, but i kn0w it didn't get me. And many people, n0t even the snyder fan base hated it.

From what I saw oo based on my findings from the DC groups I'm a member of, Snyder Fans were the main culprits amongst other DC subgroups that hated BoP. This was even before movie release, as early as development and announcement.
After them then probably some DC comics Purist subgroup were against BoP.
The only most accommodating DC fans subgroup are probably Nolan's and then the Casual Cinematic universe fans.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:16pm On Aug 17, 2020
pu7pl3:
I've been sounding it here, you are really missing if you not following this book...Scot Snyder is really killing it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Xr275BTsk

Is it DARKSEID War?? Or Death Metal??

DM should be in issue #3 or 4 by now.
I no just get ginger for comics these days. Funny thing is I've got more office free time and space to catch up on things but WILL is seriously lacking.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:26pm On Aug 17, 2020
abduleez1:

Is it DARKSEID War?? Or Death Metal??

DM should be in issue #3 or 4 by now.
I no just get ginger for comics these days. Funny thing is I've got more office free time and space to catch up on things but WILL is seriously lacking.

which one be Darkseid war? grin it's death metal and yes, it's in #3...guy you dey miss o... Scott Snyder na weyrey

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 11:16am On Aug 18, 2020
pu7pl3:

which one be Darkseid war? grin it's death metal and yes, it's in #3...guy you dey miss o... Scott Snyder na weyrey

E be like say I go jump on this like that. But I'm seriously considering Doomsday Clock.
Is death Metal not connected with Batman who laughs or DCeased and a continuation from them?? That's why to hook up with these NEW comics na wahala cos they've got some previous storylines you must have missed and need to revisit to understand properly. Except for standalone stories I guess. Harleen was looking bright back then I just read few pages before I discontinue when I lost my ginger for comics read that period.

Me I just get one spirit, na the time when e enter my body comics dey hungry me consume, if e leave me like dis I go discontinue story oo until anoda time. By the next time na anoda storyline go dey my mind read. I just dey sample and troway without finishing . I just come worse like Suarez like dis. cry
How do you manage to keep up?? sad

I need to read at Least halfway into one comic book event before DC Fandome. undecided

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Zeemuthafuka: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
abduleez1:

E be like say I go jump on this like that. But I'm seriously considering Doomsday Clock.
Is death Metal not connected with Batman who laughs or DCeased and a continuation from them?? That's why to hook up with these NEW comics na wahala cos they've got some previous storylines you must have missed and need to revisit to understand properly. Except for standalone stories I guess. Harleen was looking bright back then I just read few pages before I discontinue when I lost my ginger for comics read that period.

Me I just get one spirit, na the time when e enter my body comics dey hungry me consume, if e leave me like dis I go discontinue story oo until anoda time. By the next time na anoda storyline go dey my mind read. I just dey sample and troway without finishing . I just come worse like Suarez like dis. cry
How do you manage to keep up?? sad

I need to read at Least halfway into one comic book event before DC Fandome. undecided

I manage to keep up cos I have passyon grin

DCeased is not related to DK:DM (this is the aftermath of the Justice League perpetua storyline) also by Scott Snyder (who is gradually turning into my best comic author) and yes, it has the Batman who laughs in it spear heading the whole bruhaha...

This isn't a good time to start up storylines as DC has cancelled most of their running storylines like Hawkman(that I was enjoying angry) Constantine, Aquaman and co..I heard they want things to be more linear and connected
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2020
Zeemuthafuka:

I manage to keep up cos I have passyon grin

DCeased is not related to DK:DM (this is the aftermath of the Justice League perpetua storyline) also by Scott Snyder (who is gradually turning into my best comic author) and yes, it has the Batman who laughs in it spear heading the whole bruhaha...

This isn't a good time to start up storylines as DC has cancelled most of their running storylines like Hawkman(that I was enjoying angry) Constantine, Aquaman and co..I heard they want things to be more linear and connected

At the bolded, yea that's what I heard.
Me not really bothered cos I wasn't following nin of those storylines cancelled sef. Except maybe probably Lucifer, that's if it's amongst them.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Zeemuthafuka: 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
abduleez1:

At the bolded, yea that's what I heard.
Me not really bothered cos I wasn't following nin of those storylines cancelled sef. Except maybe probably Lucifer, that's if it's amongst them.

it probably is...it was something like a mass clearout
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 6:06pm On Aug 18, 2020
I’d also like the suit to be changed

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 6:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nickshrapnel:

Ok.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Zeemuthafuka: 8:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nickshrapnel:

What should they change it to?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:00pm On Aug 18, 2020
Zeemuthafuka:

Lol. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 9:20pm On Aug 18, 2020
Zeemuthafuka:

I’d prefer the lightning bolt to go all the way down

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Zeemuthafuka: 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
Nickshrapnel:

Good point...and the hoodie should come back
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 11:19pm On Aug 18, 2020
Still a rumour but it would be nice to have him

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:58pm On Aug 19, 2020
phr0nesis:

I'm not a Snyder fan but I hated that movie

Everyone cannot like something. You are permitted to dislike or hate something.

But when you go on a different level of hating on it, every hour, every day, then there is something more sinister.

Thats what the gatekeepers do everyday for a living on SM esp. twitter
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:03pm On Aug 19, 2020
Minemrys:

let's start with this. Do u yourself think the m0vie we got was worth the hype? Be h0nest. A 1hour m0vie that felt so much like a Tv show. I d0n't think it's the snyder fans that spread the hate, cos critics already tore the m0vie before it was released to the public to hate.

Lol, trust me when I say they spread hate.

BTW, i said snyder gatekeepers not snyder fans.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:04pm On Aug 19, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Still a rumour but it would be nice to have him

Likely to be true since Illuminerdi tweeted it first
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:07pm On Aug 19, 2020
Nickshrapnel:

This game suffered me as I had to grind real hard to upgrade my cards cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

This game suffered me as I had to grind real hard to upgrade my cards cheesy
cheesy I’ve had it since launch but only started playing again recently

(1) (2) (3) ... (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.