Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,841 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1238051 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 8:54am On Jul 24, 2017
Now here's my proof. What/who was Bruce Wayne looking at here in his hologram. Let us examined the hologram pictures:

1. Red Cape
2. Red boot
3. Anyone notice the skin between the cape and the boot?

That could only be supergirl, guys!!! Bruce Wayne somehow got access to Kryptonian technology and somehow got the information that Supergirl was on earth. Remember, Man of steel already gave us a hint that Supergirl exists in this Universe. Now to tie it all up, Bruce already told Alfred that Supergirl exists and must have found a way to communicate with her. I don't think Supergirl's appearance will muddle up things, it will be a surprise appearance. There is no need of a backstory for now.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 9:13am On Jul 24, 2017
Minemrys:
Barry Allen: "Its amazing how you all are talking abt doing battle. I've never d0ne battle before, i just push people and run away".

The guy is shaping up to be the definitive Flash. So far he seems to have got Flash's upbeat personality locked down, which is the parallel opposite of Grant Gustin's Flash and a breath of fresh air.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:16am On Jul 24, 2017
waywardpikin:

The guy is shaping up to be the definitive Flash. So far he seems to have got Flash's upbeat personality locked down, which is the parallel opposite of Grant Gustin's Flash and a breath of fresh air.
lol, can't wait for flashpoint
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:19am On Jul 24, 2017
TonySpike:
Now here's my proof. What/who was Bruce Wayne looking at here in his hologram. Let us examined the hologram pictures:

1. Red Cape
2. Red boot
3. Anyone notice the skin between the cape and the boot?

That could only be supergirl, guys!!! Bruce Wayne somehow got access to Kryptonian technology and somehow got the information that Supergirl was on earth. Remember, Man of steel already gave us a hint that Supergirl exists in this Universe. Now to tie it all up, Bruce already told Alfred that Supergirl exists and must have found a way to communicate with her. I don't Supergirl's appearance will muddle up things, it will be a surprise appearance. There is no need of a backstory for now.
and here i was thinking that was a flag. Be that as it may, there's no actress cast to play supergirl in JL.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2017
Remember the Superman toy at comic-con? His costume colors have been brightened.
My money is on Supes, and I don't think WB would want to force any other characters into JL for now. Green Lantern(s) is the only new hero joining them. Moreover, Supergirl steps can't shake that building except from a powerful being who probably is regaining lost strength. That's dragging him/herself.
We shouldn't forget that Shazam might be doing some cameo(s) too just to give us a tip of him
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:25am On Jul 24, 2017
waywardpikin:

Gaddemit guys! This movie is gonna be epic shocked shocked shocked

The fact is I love DC and Marvel. But I'm slightly skewed in favour of DC as I love its heroes more. They are more iconic in the real sense of the word. Dark themes, mature writing (talking about the comics and animation, not movies). It's no wonder that Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are the most popular heroes of all time. If they can get their movies right (and they are already), they stand a chance of ousting the competition. On the other hand, Marvel sef no wan relax. They got the do.pe ass Thor trailer and Infinity War teasers out. Nna mehn!

As an avid movie watcher... WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE BIKO! grin grin
what a time to be alive bro. Can't wait for Infinity war myself, hated spiderman h0mec0ming though. Marvel should've g0ne with the former than0s l0ok than bald headed than0s. But infinity war is g0nna be dope if marvel doesn't cheapen the film. I want to see real stakes like the JL trailer just hinted. Stakes have been missing in marvel films since The Winter Soldier film.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 9:26am On Jul 24, 2017
Minemrys:

and here i was thinking that was a flag. Be that as it may, there's no actress cast to play supergirl in JL.

I think the actor and actress to appear as Green Lantern and Supergirl are being kept secret. It will be revealed just before the movie premieres probably. But I believe my analysis spot on, it has to be supergirl.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:28am On Jul 24, 2017
kryptonian1987:
Remember the Superman toy at comic-con? His costume colors have been brightened.
My money is on Supes, and I don't think WB would want to force any other characters into JL for now. Green Lantern(s) is the only new hero joining them. Moreover, Supergirl steps can't shake that building except from a powerful being who probably is regaining lost strength. That's dragging him/herself.
We shouldn't forget that Shazam might be doing some cameo(s) too just to give us a tip of him
My favorite Kryptonian is back. Pun intended lol. Shazam making an entrance would be awesome. Imagyn if it was the big cheese Alfred was talking to? Maybe thats what the reshoots included.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:31am On Jul 24, 2017
TonySpike:

I think the actor and actress to appear as Green Lantern and Supergirl are being kept secret. It will be revealed just before the movie premieres probably. But I believe my analysis spot on, it has to be supergirl.
hmm, what if its Charlize Theron? They did offer her a role in Wonder woman. Or öne vikings actress like that katheryn winnick that teased an ann0uncement at c0mic c0n previously? But i still doubt its Kara Zor El though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 9:35am On Jul 24, 2017
Minemrys:

what a time to be alive bro. Can't wait for Infinity war myself, hated spiderman h0mec0ming though. Marvel should've g0ne with the former than0s l0ok than bald headed than0s. But infinity war is g0nna be dope if marvel doesn't cheapen the film. I want to see real stakes like the JL trailer just hinted. Stakes have been missing in marvel films since The Winter Soldier film.

I agree with you. This Infinity War movie is definitely going to break records especially is they actually include a major character's death. I'm still on the fence on Thor: Ragnarok though. Didn't much care for Homecoming. I wonder where Marvel will go when this phase is over.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:48am On Jul 24, 2017
waywardpikin:

I agree with you. This Infinity War movie is definitely going to break records especially is they actually include a major character's death. I'm still on the fence on Thor: Ragnarok though. Didn't much care for Homecoming. I wonder where Marvel will go when this phase is over.
hmm thats the question bro. Where will marvel's storyline go fr0m phase 4 upwards? I feel like they should just end avengers after part 4. Focus on the defenders. Infinity war would be box office smashing if marvel is ready to go past their formula. Kill off thor, loki, cripple black widow, kill off ir0n man, paralyse captain rogers, kill hawkeye, gamora, rocket racoon, and many others. Make the film have an impact on the Mcu. End the avengers story for once. You'd be shocked if the film doesn't win multiple academy awards if they do this. But Disney wouldn't do that. You'd be surprised if at the end of infinity war the only character they'd end up killing off is 'Uncle Ben'.

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:53am On Jul 24, 2017
waywardpikin:

Incredible hulk CGI looks bad! Who does these effects for them though?

Homecoming is also dropping very fast at the US box office at 50% every weekend, at this rate it might end up with slightly over $300 million. Only the foreign box office can salvage its performance.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 12:09pm On Jul 24, 2017
TonySpike:

Incredible hulk CGI looks bad! Who does these effects for them though?

Homecoming is also dropping very fast at the US box office at 50% every weekend, at this rate it might end up with slightly over $300 million. Only the foreign box office can salvage its performance.
homecoming was just there. It added nothing. Just there to add money into Marvel's pocket. Nothing special with it. Yea the hulk CGI has always been bad. Many marvel films cGI are meh bt The winter soldier, Gotg stands out.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by damola44(m): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2017
The ending of the trailer tho.
Am going with GL, cause of the green like reflection on Alfred's glasses.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2017
As far as Green Lanterns go, I'd pick John Stewart over Hal Jordan. #Justsaying
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
damola44:
The ending of the trailer tho.
Am going with GL, cause of the green like reflection on Alfred's glasses.
if it was GL, the entire room would've glowed green.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
Minemrys:

if it was GL, the entire room would've glowed green.

I feel it's Superman. I mean, why complicate things by introducing more characters? Though I feel GL will make a cameo in this movie though. I really don't want Hal Jordan lol.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by CzarRex: 4:12pm On Jul 24, 2017
waywardpikin:

I feel it's Superman. I mean, why complicate things by introducing more characters? Though I feel GL will make a cameo in this movie though. I really don't want Hal Jordan lol.
thats why they have been trying to make the cast small, to avoid overcrowding so that everyone can shine
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2017
Hahahahahaha....Very Funny!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
Flash being humourous....

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2017
kryptonian1987:

But Supergirl is definitely a super being too...lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 5:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
Aquaman Comic Con Footage Recap

The footage from the movie (or what may have been a teaser made just for Comic-Con) featured a couple of old fisherman in a boat in the middle of an ocean. One of them cast their reel out and he gets a bite. He gets a big bite. Suddenly the boat is being dragged across the surfaced of the ocean. The pull gets stronger, so much that it’s tipping the boat forward into the water until the fisherman lets go.

Suddenly, there’s a rumbling under the ocean and overhead we see a giant stingray. Actually, it’s a ship that looks like a stingray, and there are tons of other ships moving through the water underneath them. We see underwater a level of ships that looks like an underwater version of the Rebel Alliance fleet from Return of the Jedi, but with even more ships.

In addition to the larger ships, in between there are people swimming around on sharks. That’s something we’ll see Aquaman himself do because concept art shows Arthur Curry riding on a hammerhead shark, which made us think that this was Atlantis’ army moving through the ocean. But Jason Momoa revealed during the panel that this army we see it actually the army of the villain called Ocean Master, played byPatrick Wilson, though we don’t see him in the footage.

After this big reveal of the underwater civilizations, we see Jason Momoa in what looks to be the inside of a sunken ship, but it’s not underwater. He has some kind of red sword in his hand and he looks over his shoulder to say, “Are you sure you really want to do this?” We don’t see who he’s talking to, but he flips his sword around in a skillful way and then chuckles to himself, “Yeah, neither do I.” Cut to the Aquaman title card.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 6:23pm On Jul 24, 2017
Haha, Wonder Woman no sabi use door ni? She sabi gatecrash party o

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by dhex(m): 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2017
Minemrys:

hail snydra! That was superman at the end. And, am l0ving ezra miller flash. N0w, lets hope they d0n't show super cavill man and green lantern just yet.
it probably wasn't superman, could be martian manhunter or kilowog, superman would be too obvious
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:24pm On Jul 24, 2017
TonySpike:
Haha, Wonder Woman no sabi use door ni? She sabi gatecrash party o
lol Diana has never been kn0wn for her patience. Using the d0or or elevator for her is like waiting in traffic.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:26pm On Jul 24, 2017
dhex:
it probably wasn't superman, could be martian manhunter or kilowog, superman would be too obvious
no pls. We d0n't want J'onn j'onzz's trouble just yet. Leave that martian for a superman sequel.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by waywardpikin: 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
Minemrys:

lol Diana has never been kn0wn for her patience. Using the d0or or elevator for her is like waiting in traffic.

lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
Am starting to think that after supes death, Bruce Wayne has been dividing his time btwn gotham and metropolis cos fr0m the trailer we heard news c0mmentaries fr0m gotham citizens saying batman no l0nger shows up as usual and crime in gotham has increased cos of this. What y'all think? Metropolis' Batman instead of the usual bat of gotham?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 740megawatts: 7:43pm On Jul 24, 2017
Minemrys:
Am starting to think that after supes death, Bruce Wayne has been dividing his time btwn gotham and metropolis cos fr0m the trailer we heard news c0mmentaries fr0m gotham citizens saying batman no l0nger shows up as usual and crime in gotham has increased cos of this. What y'all think? Metropolis' Batman instead of the usual bat of gotham?
Yeah, there is a scene of Batman overlooking a city. That part of the city looks like ground zero of Metropolis. But I would rather think that Batman is spending more time on the recruitment of Justice League members. The last warning from Lex Luthor in BvS must have placed him on high alert.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
740megawatts:

Yeah, there is a scene of Batman overlooking a city. That part of the city looks like ground zero of Metropolis. But I would rather think that Batman is spending more time on the recruitment of Justice League members. The last warning from Lex Luthor in BvS must have placed him on high alert.
yea recruiting the JL should be a priority bt that doesn't mean he shouldn't fill out for metropolis' fallen hero in the event of a crisis. As it is metropolis has no heroes since supes death and the city used to stand as a beac0n for heroes.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kryptonian1987(m): 9:00pm On Jul 24, 2017
TonySpike:

But Supergirl is definitely a super being too...lol

Yes for sure. But I don't think she will be that juggernaut (heavy) to make the building shake.
I keep on praying that WB shouldn't bring Supergirl to DCEU!!! Let her character remain on that boring CW's supergirl
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Francois10(m): 11:34am On Jul 25, 2017
Conflicting theories on who the mystery hero is....DCEU is complicating it with this picture of a zoom in on Alfreds glasses. But bottom line without Supes the JL is toothless so i go with Supes

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.