Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,698 members, 7,862,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:04 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1256503 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) (1391) (1392) (1393) ... (1544) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 12:43pm On Dec 12, 2021
undecided

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 9:17pm On Dec 12, 2021
Dwayne Johnson plays Dwayne Johnson in every movie
Man is not an actor, he is more like a big celebrity pretending to act

I like him the way he is

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by 100naira(m): 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2021
BlackManta:

I like him the way he is
hehehe I just laugh when I read this, Dwayne Johnson is Dwayne Johnson in every movie he is in even if you give him the role of Terminator! grin grin

I just hope that the guys involved in this movie won't ruin it with over hype

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2021
BlackManta:
Our thoughts and prayers are for those poor soldiers
I Read that the director created a new flight pattern for Black Adam, different from the ones we’ve seen previously in the DCEU and shot some mad action scenes.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 12:37pm On Dec 13, 2021
BlackManta:

I like him the way he is
if that were so how come john Cena isn't raking in the bucks just like him
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 3:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
Skseries:

Because unlike John, Dwayne Johnson is one of the biggest celebrities in America

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 3:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
Skseries:
Are you trying to say Dwayne is an exceptional actor
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
Skseries:

Bautista still remains the best of the WWE products in Hollywood.
Dude has really put in work in his portrayals. Funny how he hates his comic characters. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
abduleez1:

Bautista still remains the best of the WWE products in Hollywood.
Dude has really put in work in his portrayals. Funny how he hates his comic characters. grin
then I wonder why he never gets a lead role, the only lead role have seen him in was a movie with one little kid like this really can't remember the title, and he wasn't convincing in it

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 11:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
AnfieldFan:

Are you trying to say Dwayne is an exceptional actor
is that what u are hearing from my statement?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 12:02am On Dec 14, 2021
BlackManta:

Because unlike John, Dwayne Johnson is one of the biggest celebrities in America
are u saying being a celebrities shud automatically guarantee u movie roles? Are u saying he is the only celebrity that acts? Rihanna have been in some couple of movies but ppl still complained abt her acting, lady Gaga was in house of Gucci and ppl still complained. He might not be a fantastic actor like some other big name, but he is a good actor.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:17am On Dec 14, 2021
Skseries:
are u saying being a celebrities shud automatically guarantee u movie roles? Are u saying he is the only celebrity that acts? Rihanna have been in some couple of movies but ppl still complained abt her acting, lady Gaga was in house of Gucci and ppl still complained. He might not be a fantastic actor like some other big name, but he is a good actor.

Did I say that Dwayne is a bad actor?

What I said is that Dwayne plays the same Dwayne Johnson in every film and that is 100% true

Everybody knows this. There's nothing to argue here

And yes he is a big celebrity that has managed to establish himself in Hollywood. Can't say the same for Rihanna, how many movies has she been the leading actress

Dwayne has his own production company and you can't name top 10 highest paid actors in Hollywood without calling his name.

All these achievements doesn't erase his lack of range when it comes to acting
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 1:32am On Dec 14, 2021
Skseries:
is that what u are hearing from my statement?
It is exactly what I inferred from your comment Sir ..You can clarify your stance if you wish to, if not, your opinion is yours..
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:54am On Dec 14, 2021
Skseries:
then I wonder why he never gets a lead role, the only lead role have seen him in was a movie with one little kid like this really can't remember the title, and he wasn't convincing in it
Bautista played a lead in Army of the dead. He was good in it.
I don't subscribe to the idea that Dwayne Johnson plays himself in all his roles. He was different in Central Intelligence and Jumanji. The problem is, most of his roles are written with him in mind, or the scripts just have him playing same characters. Secondly, DJ doesn't challenge himself, he hasn't worked with top directors in Hollywood like David fincher, Nolan, Spielberg etc that will challenge him, most if not all his films are action films or comedy, there's little acting in those, unless there's an actual story which sadly there usually aren't. Look at Ryan Reynolds for example, he has always been the same in his roles when playing in action and comedy films. Dwayne Johnson has the talent to be a great actor but he doesn't play against type. Or perhaps, Hollywood doesn't think he can, it's left for him to prove them wrong.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:11am On Dec 14, 2021
Minemrys:

Bautista played a lead in Army of the dead. He was good in it.
I don't subscribe to the idea that Dwayne Johnson plays himself in all his roles. He was different in Central Intelligence and Jumanji. The problem is, most of his roles are written with him in mind, or the scripts just have him playing same characters. Secondly, DJ doesn't challenge himself, he hasn't worked with top directors in Hollywood like David fincher, Nolan, Spielberg etc that will challenge him, most if not all his films are action films or comedy, there's little acting in those, unless there's an actual story which sadly there usually aren't. Look at Ryan Reynolds for example, he has always been the same in his roles when playing in action and comedy films. Dwayne Johnson has the talent to be a great actor but he doesn't play against type. Or perhaps, Hollywood doesn't think he can, it's left for him to prove them wrong.

you're right and i think he is not even bothered with proving them wrong, he just found what works for him and he has decided to stick to it and milk it for all its worth and that's how he became really successful...

If it ain't broke...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by samistry(m): 10:01am On Dec 14, 2021
CW has hired batwoman writers to make a Gotham knights adaptation. embarassed
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:08am On Dec 14, 2021
pu7pl3:

you're right and i think he is not even bothered with proving them wrong, he just found what works for him and he has decided to stick to it and milk it for all its worth and that's how he became really successful...

If it ain't broke...
Exactly bro. I wish I could find what works for me like DJ has, I could care less about proving myself to anyone.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:09am On Dec 14, 2021
samistry:
God, please No.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:11am On Dec 14, 2021
Minemrys:

Exactly bro. I wish I could find what works for me like DJ has, I could care less about proving myself to anyone.

I swear...it's not as easy as people think
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 11:15am On Dec 14, 2021
samistry:
undecided

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2021
Skseries:

You say wetin? undecided
I've hardly seen anyone complain about her acting in Gucci. In fact she's one of the lead to win a Golden Globe for Best Actress this year.

Some complained about the movie but many praise her acting in the movie and said she was the Star.
She was great in A Star is Born. Some might say she literally played herself even tho the performance was good.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:23pm On Dec 14, 2021
samistry:

CW needs to be stopped. WB has given them too much free hand to do whatever they want no matter how crappy it is angry

I hope the show doesn't see the light of day and if it does, I hope it bombs angry

Because it's CW, either nightwing or red hood will be gay in the show
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2021
samistry:

Can you imagine. Someone watched Batwoman and loved the show enough to hire the writers to do another show undecided

Village people no do pass this one o

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by jaiyeoriestyle: 4:53pm On Dec 14, 2021
Toke Makinwa - Lagos Nights Ejike Asiegbu Sharon Ooja Nse Etim Denrele Edun dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edMA-jXkjbQ
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by samistry(m): 4:55am On Dec 15, 2021
This one worse pass darkseid.
BlackManta:

Can you imagine. Someone watched Batwoman and loved the show enough to hire the writers to do another show undecided

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:06am On Dec 15, 2021
BlackManta:

CW needs to be stopped. WB has given them too much free hand to do whatever they want no matter how crappy it is angry

I hope the show doesn't see the light of day and if it does, I hope it bombs angry

Because it's CW, either nightwing or red hood will be gay in the show
I don't what what their problem is with pushing this gay thing in their show, even the 4400 I was enjoying they have started with the gay stuff now am considering dropping it. Is it a most to have gay scenes in all their series.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:08am On Dec 15, 2021
BlackManta:

worse show in CW even after they change ruby rose Abi wetin be her name I still try to watch it but still couldn't, the show is just usesless must are all batwoman gays? Cus I don't understand CW
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 9:13am On Dec 15, 2021
Skseries:
worse show in CW even after they change ruby rose Abi wetin be her name I still try to watch it but still couldn't, the show is just usesless must are all batwoman gays? Cus I don't understand CW
Actually, yes. Batwoman is canonically lesbian.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 9:36am On Dec 15, 2021
CW made Superman and Lois right? Let’s just give them a chance, even though they have a track record of ruining things.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2021
Nickshrapnel:
CW made Superman and Lois right? Let’s just give them a chance, even though they have a track record of ruining things.
E no fit good pass season 2

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 10:06am On Dec 15, 2021
I don't get the reason for the criticism of the CWverse. Common, this is the largest shared universe series franchise. It has the massive views, has the receptions and is making the studio money. It's annual cross overs are immensely successful.

What does that tell you? That there is an audience for it. CWverse was created or spunned to target the pro SJW audience and it's fvcking doing a good job which can be seen in it's success.

WB/DC saw the SJW system and figured out that they could milk it dry and that's how and why the CWverse was created or was spunned, and to be candid they're really milking the SJW system dry. That's why the CWverse is different from other DC franchise and contents. Other DC franchise and contents like the Titanverse, DCEU, watchmen etc do not possess the SJW theme like the CWverse. WB/DC knows what they're doing with the CWverse.

One may say, with time people will become fed up of the CWverse due to it's SJW crap but sweetheart if that's to be the case, The franchise would fallen a long time ago but the reverse is the case, the franchise keeps on going from glory to glory. Dear, the CWverse is here to stay and it has it's audience which are giving it it's success.

What I do say is, a DCian will support the CWverse, not because it's good but because it's a success. You support on success ground and not on quality ground, and the thing is you don't even have to see it, just give it the respect it deserves, shikina. That's what I do. I don't watch the CWverse (I'm still trying to get over Crisis on Infinite Earths) but I support it by respecting it, not because it's good but because it's a successful DC franchise. That's what Fans do.

So enough with this complains already.

That's being that, for those of you that aren't aware, I've started my story here on Nairaland. Below is the link
https://www.nairaland.com/6881477/bridge#108226312

#Xavier
#DCian

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:31am On Dec 15, 2021
Xavier5:
I don't get the reason for the criticism of the CWverse. Common, this is the largest shared universe series franchise. It has the massive views, has the receptions and is making the studio money. It's annual cross overs are immensely successful.

What does that tell you? That there is an audience for it. CWverse was created or spunned to target the pro SJW audience and it's fvcking doing a good job which can be seen in it's success.

WB/DC saw the SJW system and figured out that they could milk it dry and that's how and why the CWverse was created or was spunned, and to be candid they're really milking the SJW system dry. That's why the CWverse is different from other DC franchise and contents. Other DC franchise and contents like the Titanverse, DCEU, watchmen etc do not possess the SJW theme like the CWverse. WB/DC knows what they're doing with the CWverse.

One may say, with time people will become fed up of the CWverse due to it's SJW crap but sweetheart if that's to be the case, The franchise would fallen a long time ago but the reverse is the case, the franchise keeps on going from glory to glory. Dear, the CWverse is here to stay and it has it's audience which are giving it it's success.

What I do say is, a DCian will support the CWverse, not because it's good but because it's a success. You support on success ground and not on quality ground, and the thing is you don't even have to see it, just give it the respect it deserves, shikina. That's what I do. I don't watch the CWverse (I'm still trying to get over Crisis on Infinite Earths) but I support it by respecting it, not because it's good but because it's a successful DC franchise. That's what Fans do.

So enough with this complains already.

That's being that, for those of you that aren't aware, I've started my story here on Nairaland. Below is the link
https://www.nairaland.com/6881477/bridge#108226312

#Xavier
#DCian

I was surprised at the massive positive reviews Crisis on Infinite Earth's was getting too cos I watched it and I wasn't feeling it...so I just kept shut and let them have their fun...watched season 1 of Batwoman too but I couldn't continue so I just left it...they should do their thing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1387) (1388) (1389) (1390) (1391) (1392) (1393) ... (1544) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.