Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,290 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1237446 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 10:22am On Mar 15, 2022
Love the progressive origin narrative and character development of this show. Taking it's time to flesh out the origin tales and character development of Noami rather than the usual rushed up origin and character development most Comic Book Films have been dishing out. The show gats potentials. Ava's doing a good job.

#Xavier
#DCian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:13pm On Mar 15, 2022
Xavier5:
For now, my favourite Lois Lane
No doubt. She is up there with Erica Durance. Amy Adams played a weak Lois Lane, but she was good. She only missed that fiesty character. Maybe in the Dceu she isn't an army brat.
Cause when I picture Lois, I picture a woman that makes and breaks the Superman and could hold her own. That part Erica Durance played very well.
In Smallville, we saw she was very much on her own most times and didn't need saving from Clark most times. She dey use mouth finish people eh. Had she been the one in the Martha scene in BvS, she would have ran to fight Batman rather than beg him. She would have helped Clark finish Batman through articles and even changed public Opinion against Lex and for Superman.
When it comes to best Lois Lane, I think it's between Bitsie Tulloch and Erica Durance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:25pm On Mar 15, 2022
Unpopular opinion:
I think Superman films fail with the audience cause they don't fully use Lois Lane to her true potential. She's mostly written as the girlfriend rather than an equal for Superman. She's treated more as a side character than a main character. And if you look at Batman, most of the reason he is cool is cause he has a great cast of characters.
In Superman films, Clark hasn't been written well and that in turn affects Superman. So also Lex, Jimmy Olsen, the Kents and so on. These characters are interesting and influence the story.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:26pm On Mar 15, 2022
@Anfieldfan, how you feeling bro...lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 3:24pm On Mar 15, 2022
Minemrys:

No doubt. She is up there with Erica Durance. Amy Adams played a weak Lois Lane, but she was good. She only missed that fiesty character. Maybe in the Dceu she isn't an army brat.
Cause when I picture Lois, I picture a woman that makes and breaks the Superman and could hold her own. That part Erica Durance played very well.
In Smallville, we saw she was very much on her own most times and didn't need saving from Clark most times. She dey use mouth finish people eh. Had she been the one in the Martha scene in BvS, she would have ran to fight Batman rather than beg him. She would have helped Clark finish Batman through articles and even changed public Opinion against Lex and for Superman.
When it comes to best Lois Lane, I think it's between Bitsie Tulloch and Erica Durance.

Who be Bitsie Tulloch again bayi ... undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by samistry(m): 3:55pm On Mar 15, 2022
The Lois Lane for the cw kwashiokor superman
abduleez1:

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 4:00pm On Mar 15, 2022
Minemrys:
@Anfieldfan, how you feeling bro...lol

Good bro....
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
IngeniousLeez:
At least I got my initial predictions right for Domestic grosses and global cume.

Na optimism wound person. cry embarassed

Seriously, e go pain me if The Batman no reach 1bn. I just hopes it plays like Aquaman or Joker.

@ AnfieldFan you may be right, the Chinese BO is nothing to write home about. It's looking like a measly $50mn over there. Well, as I said the history doesn't lie. Batman no need China. grin

Well you just estimated the lowest possible figure grin grin grin ....

It's like me saying 800m for Strange...Sure it's decent, but anything less than a billion is disappointing...China or no China...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:27pm On Mar 15, 2022
abduleez1:

Oops, you don't watch Superman and Lois then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:29pm On Mar 15, 2022
samistry:
The Lois Lane for the cw kwashiokor superman

CW has done two to three superman projects na.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:30pm On Mar 15, 2022
Minemrys:

Oops, you don't watch Superman and Lois then.

I watched it to episode 4 or so back then. Will catch up with it later.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 4:32pm On Mar 15, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Well you just estimated the lowest possible figure grin grin grin ....

It's like me saying 800m for Strange...Sure it's decent, but anything less than a billion is disappointing...China or no China...

Lol, na you sabi.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 4:58pm On Mar 15, 2022
abduleez1:

Lol, na you sabi.
This your ban no last ooo... grin grin
You don come back now now...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by samistry(m): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2022
This latest one
abduleez1:

CW has done two to three superman projects na.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2022
IngeniousLeez:
At least I got my initial predictions right for Domestic grosses and global cume.

Na optimism wound person. cry embarassed

Seriously, e go pain me if The Batman no reach 1bn. I just hopes it plays like Aquaman or Joker.

@ AnfieldFan you may be right, the Chinese BO is nothing to write home about. It's looking like a measly $50mn over there. Well, as I said the history doesn't lie. Batman no need China. grin

China of recent has not been friendly to Hollywood movies (with some few exceptions like Aquaman which would have scattered this years chines BO in Dec)

For The Batman to make a $1bn, it needs china to give it atleast $150m or Warner media extends its HBOmax release date

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:37pm On Mar 15, 2022
Xavier5:
would really love to see Ryan Reynolds return as Hal Jordan in tbe DCEU. He really has the cocky personality of Hal.

There may have been a lot of things wrong with the GL movie but Ryan wasn't one of them

#Xavier
#DCian

Abeg, he shouldn't come back. They should look for a better person to play Hal Jordan

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:38pm On Mar 15, 2022
Xavier5:
Tyler Hoechlin's Superman is gradually becoming my favourite supes but let me still have faith in Cavill's.

My problem is he's Superman seems weak but he's Clark Kent is legit

#Xavier
#DCian

This guy Supes is weak

Give us HENRY CAVILL AS SUPERMAN WB angry

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 5:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Sperm butt's ban is usually 24 hrs
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
Xavier5:
Love the progressive origin narrative and character development of this show. Taking it's time to flesh out the origin tales and character development of Noami rather than the usual rushed up origin and character development most Comic Book Films have been dishing out. The show gats potentials. Ava's doing a good job.

#Xavier
#DCian

The only Naomi I wanna watch on tv is this baby doll kiss kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 6:35pm On Mar 15, 2022
TheKingIsHere:

This man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 6:53pm On Mar 15, 2022
Minemrys:
Unpopular opinion:
I think Superman films fail with the audience cause they don't fully use Lois Lane to her true potential. She's mostly written as the girlfriend rather than an equal for Superman. She's treated more as a side character than a main character. And if you look at Batman, most of the reason he is cool is cause he has a great cast of characters.
In Superman films, Clark hasn't been written well and that in turn affects Superman. So also Lex, Jimmy Olsen, the Kents and so on. These characters are interesting and influence the story.

To me, I think it has to do with

1.) PRESENTATION:
His almost perfect personality and excessive powers makes him tough to be presented in films due to the controversies or Polarised reactions it poses.

2.) His supporting characters are not well developed, presented or portrayed.

3.) There's no modern consistency in his film franchise since his 80s film series unlike the Batman who has modern consistency in his franchise. If they will produce a superman trilogy and ensure that they finish it irrespective of the initial controversies, you'll be surprised how successful the superman franchise will become because by doing that lots of exposure, development and presentation will be given to the character which will develop audience interest in him. This is one of the success of the Batman.

4.) Repetition of Lex Luthor as the major villain. Seriously, it can cause or causes loss of interest in the character. WB/DC should get creative on this one.

Superman and Lois has shown us that a well done Superman film will be FIRE.

#Xavier
#DCian

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 7:26pm On Mar 15, 2022
TheKingIsHere:

You be true king. Twale!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 7:59pm On Mar 15, 2022
AnfieldFan:

You want make I dey perpetual purgatory? embarassed
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:07pm On Mar 15, 2022
TheKingIsHere:

China of recent has not been friendly to Hollywood movies (with some few exceptions like Aquaman which would have scattered this years chines BO in Dec)

For The Batman to make a $1bn, it needs china to give it atleast $150m or Warner media extends its HBOmax release date

Yep. HBOMax 45 day date needs to be pushed back. Aquaman still released during the time China still pour millions to Hollywood flicks.

Fast and Furious franchise still make bank in that territory. I think it grossed over 200mn last year.
Avatar rerelease still got $50mn.

Anyway, I think Black Adam and Aquaman will make serious bank over there. Batman hasn't been popular historical in China.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 8:08pm On Mar 15, 2022
Kaycee7:
Sperm butt's ban is usually 24 hrs

Hmmm...Sperm and butt ...
You no try ooo grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 8:11pm On Mar 15, 2022
abduleez1:

You want make I dey perpetual purgatory? embarassed

Naaaa, when u no be the green guy... You're cool... grin grin...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:14pm On Mar 15, 2022
AnfieldFan:

Naaaa, when u no be the green guy... You're cool... grin grin...

Hulk?? grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 8:16pm On Mar 15, 2022
abduleez1:

Hulk?? grin grin

No find trouble ooo grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 8:20pm On Mar 15, 2022
AnfieldFan:

No find trouble ooo grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 9:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
But why do I have this feeling that Mitchell's son will be the Robin considering his relationship with battinson in the movie especially at the end of the movie.

#Xavier
#DCian
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:06pm On Mar 15, 2022
Xavier5:
But why do I have this feeling that Mitchell's son will be the Robin considering his relationship with battinson in the movie especially at the end of the movie.

#Xavier
#DCian

The relationship was the time he saved him from Riddler's car at the burial?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by luwee(m): 10:25pm On Mar 15, 2022
I just watched the batman which i understand its the detective side of batman, an excellent movie though, in terms of fight scene nothing compares it to the hand to hand combat warehouse fight scene in BvS; fast quick and brutal. Wish they did a scene like this in the batman 3hr movie in my opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1446) (1447) (1448) (1449) (1450) (1451) (1452) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.