Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,928 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (1465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1237210 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:16pm On Apr 12, 2022
Xavier5:

You're right but if you look like at it the reason why WW movies haven't been produced in the present is the same reason why no Justice League sequel, Superman sequel and Batman movie has been produced.

WB/DC are rebooting the universe, so they're waiting for that to officially happen to create this movies. They want to prepare the ground first before they start planting. After The Flash and it's reboot, you will start seeing this movies.

WW3 according to Patty will take place in the present but the universe has to be rebooted first, the ground has to be leveled. That's why I'm not actually worried or agitated over the fact that there's no Superman sequel, Justice League Sequel and Batman movie in the DCEU because I understand what WB/DC are trying to do. These guys don't want to produce this films considering the fact that;

* they're rebooting the universe
*These films exert great purpose and influence in the franchise and producting them when you're in the process of a reboot is going to result in lots of complications. So the best thing to do is hold on first, reboot the universe, before you produce. That's one of the reasons WW84 wasn't set in the present.

But as I said, WW3 will be set in the present. An Amazons movie is in the plans with Patty producing. This movie will be set between WW84 and WW3 which from the look of things will be in the present because she said the movie will be set very close to WW3 and will be directly connected to it.

For me I think WW and WW84 is about the Steve Trevor Story Arc while Amazons and WW3 will be about a major crisis which will begin from Amazon and end in WW3. The presence of Lydia Carter's Asteria (who will definitely be in Amazons) in the DCEU and Nubia's (who will definitely be in Amazons also) rumour in WW3 points to something big cooking up.

According to Patty, the WW story arc is a four movie one: WW, WW84, Amazons and WW3.

#Xavier
#DCian
That's what you think not really what is. Aquaman and Suicide squad sequels are in present, birds of prey, Shazam etc, putting WW in present day affects nothing if the movie rebooting the dceu comes after.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:18pm On Apr 12, 2022
abduleez1:

There's an Amazons spinoff movie currently in development. Patty already talked about it. But doesn't know who's gonna direct.
Then they should leave Nubia for the project. @Pu7pl3, thehulk616 am guessing you are going all jolly now
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:19pm On Apr 12, 2022
Minemrys:

Then they should leave Nubia for the project. @Pu7pl3, thehulk616 am guessing you are going all jolly now

grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:21am On Apr 13, 2022
Minemrys:

That's what you think not really what is. Aquaman and Suicide squad sequels are in present, birds of prey, Shazam etc, putting WW in present day affects nothing if the movie rebooting the dceu comes after.

According to WB/DC plans. Amazons and WW3 comes after the reboot and will be set in the present. That's their plan whether we agree with it or not.
Same goes for a JL 2, MoS 2, GL Corp and a Batman movie. WB feels some movie, critical ones for that matter, must come after the reboot. You don't have to like the plan but that's their plan. THERE'S NO ONE WAY TO DO THINGS.

So if they say that the WW and WW84 will be set in the past while Amazons and WW3 will be set in the present after the reboot, then so be it. They don't owe us any explanation. It their franchise after all. REMEMBER, THERE'S NO ONE WAY OF DOIN THINGS NEITHER IS THERE ONE WAY OF RUNNING A FRANCHISES.

So is it what I think? No. It's what what WB are planning on doing base on the Informations have been gathering for some time now. They feel some movies are too important to be produced before the reboot.

So BoP, Suicide squad, Shazam and Aquman will be released and set in the present before the reboot (Probably for the last two) while JL 2, MoS 2, WW3, GL Corp, Batman and Amazons will be set after the Reboot in the present because that's WB/DC plans whether we like it or not. They don't owe us any explanation.

#Xavier
#DCian
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:33am On Apr 13, 2022
Xavier5:

According to WB/DC plans. Amazons and WW3 comes after the reboot and will be set in the present. That's their plan whether we agree with it or not.
Same goes for a JL 2, MoS 2, GL Corp and a Batman movie. WB feels some movie, critical ones for that matter, must come after the reboot. You don't have to like the plan but that's their plan. THERE'S NO ONE WAY TO DO THINGS.

So if they say that the WW and WW84 will be set in the past while Amazons and WW3 will be set in the present after the reboot, then so be it. They don't owe us any explanation. It their franchise after all. REMEMBER, THERE'S NO ONE WAY OF DOIN THINGS NEITHER IS THERE ONE WAY OF RUNNING A FRANCHISES.

So is it what I think? No. It's what what WB are planning on doing base on the Informations have been gathering for some time now. They feel some movies are too important to be produced before the reboot.

So BoP, Suicide squad, Shazam and Aquman will be released and set in the present before the reboot (Probably for the last two) while JL 2, MoS 2, WW3, GL Corp, Batman and Amazons will be set after the Reboot in the present because that's WB/DC plans whether we like it or not. They don't owe us any explanation.

#Xavier
#DCian
You don't get my point. WW 2 won't have affected 3 if it had been set in present day. It's like saying Shazam 2 shouldn't be done because it will be undone by the reboot.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:48am On Apr 13, 2022
Minemrys:

You don't get my point. WW 2 won't have affected 3 if it had been set in present day. It's like saying Shazam 2 shouldn't be done because it will be undone by the reboot.

That's why I've been saying that that's WB/DC plan and they don't need to give any explanation for it, whether it's sensible or not.

If they feel that the first two WW movies should be set in the past and should be about Steve Trevor, it will be. It doesn't have to make sense neither does it need any explanation. If WB/DC feels that's the way to go, then that's the way to go.

Left to me, WW 2 should have been set in the present but hey, there's no one way to do things which means nothing in space and time stops all WW movies from being set in the past, and this is something WB/DC understands and makes use of

As for the progression of the franchise, WW84 is not the only movie in the DCEU, they're tons of other movies that will progress the franchise, so you see it doesn't actually affect the progression of the DCEU

So if WB/DC feels that JL2, MoS2, GL Corp, Batman, Amazons and WW3 needs to be produced after the Reboot, so be it. They don't need to give any explanation and the plan doesn't have to be sensible, so far it feels right to them, that's how it going to be.

#Xavier
#DCian
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:42am On Apr 13, 2022
undecided lipsrsealed

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:53am On Apr 13, 2022
Adam news....

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2022
Flash leak below....
Skip the pic below...
Even me no read am..
Leaked by source who's claims have been true before...

Once more, the next post is a pic of flash leak spoilers...

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AnfieldFan: 1:23pm On Apr 13, 2022

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 1:54pm On Apr 13, 2022
Rumours will always be what they are, Rumours, unless proven by the Studio or a reputable media outlet.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 1:55pm On Apr 13, 2022

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 2:50pm On Apr 13, 2022
I learned recently that Warner Bros owns Rotten Tomatoes. Make what you will of it.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
[quote author=Xavier5 post=111910963][/quote]

I Heard during the trial hearing she was kinda saying through her lawyer that due to issues with Depp and court cases WB was refusing to give her new movies like Gal Gadot and Momoa and couldn't get juicy sponsorship deals.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 2:51pm On Apr 13, 2022
VerifiedStalin:
I learned recently that Warner Bros owns Rotten Tomatoes. Make what you will of it.
it's old news bro. It's just a 25-30% stake. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by VerifiedStalin: 3:04pm On Apr 13, 2022
abduleez1:
it's old news bro. It's just a 25-30% stake. undecided

It doesn't matter. WB, while not a majority shareholder, is still a major player and thus has a lot of influence over how RT operates.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2022
VerifiedStalin:

It doesn't matter. WB, while not a majority shareholder, is still a major player and thus has a lot of influence over how RT operates.

Nah, quit the shït you smoking.

If WB wields the power to influence ratings ultimately they would have done so in relation to early DCEU movies with several millions of dollars budget. MOS, BVS, JL had pitiable ratings, movies with $175-300mn+ budgets.

You just trying to agend agenda. RT is a review aggregator and only aggregates or gives average score of movie reviews. They are not the critics who do the reviews themselves.

Even the time WB tried to influence reviews for BVS, what they could only do was delay the release of the tomato score to 24hrs before movie premiere. Still when ratings drop it was bloody and movie tanked a week later after amassing massive global debut of over $400mn. Las las film na $873mn.

So this your agenda no go work. Try another one. grin grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2022
abduleez1:

I Heard during the trial hearing she was kinda saying through her lawyer that due to issues with Depp and court cases WB was refusing to give her new movies like Gal Gadot and Momoa and couldn't get juicy sponsorship deals.

I've been going through their case and I found out that the case is just one of accusations and counter accusations which baffles me on how people will be choosing sides when nothing has been proven yet.

As a matter of fact, the way I'm seeing it, there's 70% probability that both of them are guilty and 30% that Depp is guilty.

Some people will be like WB should fire Amber because they fired Depp but they failed to realize that after the 2016 lawsuits (which they both unisonally agreed to pull out of in favor of an out of court divorce settlement), Depp still retained his job and image.

WB fired him after he lost a lawsuit in London against The Sun, a newspaper outlet who published an article in 2018 about him being a wife beater during the production of Fantastic Beast 2. He filed a lawsuit in 2020 against the media outlet and lost the case with the court declaring that "The report was substantially true" thanks in part to the evidence Amber provided which makes me wonder what the evidence is.

After he lost that case that was when WB fired him but before then, he still had his job.

But going with the whole accusations and counter accusations, things are pointing towards the direction that both of them were abusive towards each other. Depp probably knowing this doesn't want to take the fall alone but there's another twist, if he's innocent, how come he couldn't win the case against The Sun.

That's why I do tell people that there's a 70% probability that both were abusive and a 30% probability that Depp was abusive

This is not a case where someone will be chosen sides. We're talking about an accusation and counter accusation case here. No tangible facts have been proven or stated yet. It doesn't sound smart to do so. People doing so are doing it on grounds of sentiments, Femininsim vs Anti Feminism. Pro Feminism supports Amber, anti femininism supports Depp but to me that's just stupid.

Let's see what the outcome of the current six weeks trial will be but two things are certain:

* The odds are against Depp. He has a lot of convincing, not just convincing but evidential convincing to do.
* They're are two outcomes. Both of them being guilty (70% probability) or Depp being guilty (30% probability). But from the look of things, things are going with the outcome of them both being guilty. Depp probably knowing this doesn't want to take the fall alone, he wants to bring Amber down with him.

WB should suspend any contract they have with Amber except Aquaman 2 untill the lawsuit is over. They shouldn't attempt to get themselves involve. That's the Ideal thing to do. She shouldn't be sacked until she's proven guilty

#Xavier
#DCian
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2022
Xavier5:

I've been going through their case and I found out that the case is just one of accusations and counter accusations which baffles me on how people will be choosing sides when nothing has been proven yet.

As a matter of fact, the way I'm seeing it, there's 70% probability that both of them are guilty and 30% that Depp is guilty.

Some people will be like WB should fire Amber because they fired Depp but they failed to realize that after the 2016 lawsuits (which they both unisonally agreed to pull out of in favor of an out of court divorce settlement), Depp still retained his job and image.

WB fired him after he lost a lawsuit in London against The Sun, a newspaper outlet who published an article in 2018 about him being a wife beater during the production of Fantastic Beast 2. He filed a lawsuit in 2020 against the media outlet and lost the case with the court declaring that "The report was substantially true" thanks in part to the evidence Amber provided which makes me wonder what the evidence is.

After he lost that case that was when WB fired him but before then, he still had his job.

But going with the whole accusations and counter accusations, things are pointing towards the direction that both of them were abusive towards each other. Depp probably knowing this doesn't want to take the fall alone but there's another twist, if he's innocent, how come he couldn't win the case against The Sun.

That's why I do tell people that there's a 70% probability that both were abusive and a 30% probability that Depp was abusive

This is not a case where someone will be chosen sides. We're talking about an accusation and counter accusation case here. No tangible facts have been proven or stated yet. It doesn't sound smart to do so. People doing so are doing it on grounds of sentiments, Femininsim vs Anti Feminism. Pro Feminism supports Amber, anti femininism supports Depp but to me that's just stupid.

Let's see what the outcome of the current six weeks trial will be but two things are certain:

* The odds are against Depp. He has a lot of convincing, not just convincing but evidential convincing to do.
* They're are two outcomes. Both of them being guilty (70% probability) or Depp being guilty (30% probability). But from the look of things, things are going with the outcome of them both being guilty. Depp probably knowing this doesn't want to take the fall alone, he wants to bring Amber down with him.

WB should suspend any contract they have with Amber except Aquaman 2 untill the lawsuit is over. They shouldn't attempt to get themselves involve. That's the Ideal thing to do. She shouldn't be sacked until she's proven guilty

#Xavier
#DCian
Here's what I think, one of the parties used the other to climb the Hollywood ladder and ultimately wanted to dump them. The other tries to play ball, and someone felt, okay i am going to make this person look bad and promote some kind of campaign and publicity stunt.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by abduleez1(m): 10:10pm On Apr 13, 2022
Minemrys:

Here's what I think, one of the parties used the other to climb the Hollywood ladder and ultimately wanted to dump them. The other tries to play ball, and someone felt, okay i am going to make this person look bad and promote some kind of campaign and publicity stunt.

Tell us more comrade... Drop names with your full chest. grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2022
Episode 15 ✔️

Enter Arion ⚡

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:03pm On Apr 14, 2022
Keaton's Batman Suit

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 8:05pm On Apr 14, 2022
It's a live action probably in the DCEU, but DCEU or no DCEU, Aqualad will appear in Aquaman 3

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:43pm On Apr 14, 2022
Zack Snyder is definitely coming back cool

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:44pm On Apr 14, 2022
Xavier5:
It's a live action probably in the DCEU, but DCEU or no DCEU, Aqualad will appear in Aquaman 3

Looks fake and woke to me
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 9:00pm On Apr 14, 2022
TheKingIsHere:

Me I'm tired of this overhauling, we need stability ffs
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 9:28pm On Apr 14, 2022
Xavier5:

They are struggling to do better vfx on their series
for surface dwellers it's under water they want to take
It to....lol
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 9:33pm On Apr 14, 2022
TheKingIsHere:
Make them allow man rest. The slander against him will pain me. And I'll probably get drawn into some long arguments.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 9:36pm On Apr 14, 2022
PurpLChi:

Me I'm tired of this overhauling, we need stability ffs
I dey tell you. Make a solid 10 year plan and stick to it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by PurpLChi: 10:00pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kaycee7:
I dey tell you. Make a solid 10 year plan and stick to it.

Asin eh,every month they are overhauling something in DCEU Omo I'm tired
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 10:07pm On Apr 14, 2022
Kaycee7:
Make them allow man rest. The slander against him will pain me. And I'll probably get drawn into some long arguments.

I hope Snyder doesn't take the job. He could do maybe a gig or two for DC but he should stay with Netflix.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 10:26pm On Apr 14, 2022
SMUAG:

They are struggling to do better vfx on their series
for surface dwellers it's under water they want to take
It to....lol

I bet they won't show Atlantis in this show...
They don't have to.

According to the books this is probably going to be a coming of age drama series.

This Aqualad grew up on the surface and is still coming to terms with his Atlantean roots, his ability to control water and his sexuality.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1462) (1463) (1464) (1465) (1466) (1467) (1468) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.