Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1226600 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 2:42am On Feb 21, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I hope these screenshots will answer your question. Also take note that fox is not yet a Disney property as the deal is not fully finalized or concluded
Yes it is not fully finalized on paper but it has already been acquired if you are been honest with yourself.

At the screenshots, I am not saying that Disney will have Gotham, maybe I did before but I am focusing on the iconic 1960s Batman tv series which Fox has sole custody of. WB bought DC comics around 1966 or so but that tv series was produced earlier thereby preventing WB from totally claiming rights to. Even on the screenshots Fox prevented Gotham from been parts of the arrowverse says a lot about the power Disney had/will acquire.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by teewhydope(m): 3:45am On Feb 21, 2019
iuwe:

You obviously didn't get the point. Disney is by far the biggest studio in the US, they don't need Batman as much as WB.

You are right Disney can't do anything new with Batman without WB authorization and I have clearly stated that in my previous post but if they want to get mischievous they would use the new found rights to Batman to cause legal problems.

At the first bolded - this I actually found hilarious. Do you think that WB has a say in the Disney/Fox deal?

Second bolded - And you taught Fox got nothing from the sales or WB didn't get permission from Fox?
Here is a link for you. http://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.cbr.com/disney-marvel-fox-deal-batman-gotham-distribution-rights/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjPsvHn0cvgAhWNzqQKHRaJCe4QFjADegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw284z8a0nvUkuyFtyIAxptG

Third bolded - Disney can't be forced to do sh*t. It is now their property. Rather they will do nothing with Batman but yet cause problem with it.

sorry but i don't think you get my point. fox doesn't have the right to batman tv only the batman 66' series cause it was fully produced and distributed by fox back then, but i read warner bros got the distribution right back in 2014 after paying a lot of cash. i'm thinking you're mistaken here thinking fox can produce a batman tv show but it's not possible. the only right that can go to disney is the batman 66 tv series, not the subsequent batman related series. also the only thing disney can do with the series is to claim it'sproduction, "BUT" warner bros already bought the right to distribute the old series in 2014 on blu-ray, so disney would have to pay back some cash to get back that right again but it isn't worth it for a 60 year old tv series. they would probably sell it off.

the point of this epistle is that fox 'ONLY" has right on the batman 66 series cause they were the one that produced it and also distributed it till 2014 when warner bought back the right. doesn't mean they can produce any batman tv series cause of that. gotham was produced by warner but airing on fox and they can decide to move to another TV network if disney finalise the deal, fortunately, the series would have been over before the deal goes through. fox doesn't have the right to produce or distribute any batman series except the batman 66 series.... smiley
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:46am On Feb 21, 2019
iuwe:

Yes it is not fully finalized on paper but it has already been acquired if you are been honest with yourself.

At the screenshots, I am not saying that Disney will have Gotham, maybe I did before but I am focusing on the iconic 1960s Batman tv series which Fox has sole custody of. WB bought DC comics around 1966 or so but that tv series was produced earlier thereby preventing WB from totally claiming rights to. Even on the screenshots Fox prevented Gotham from been parts of the arrowverse says a lot about the power Disney had/will acquire.
bros. Forget all this l0ng and unnecessary gramar. Gotham and lucifer, 2 dc shows were canceled at the same time. S0me0ne doesn't need a mathemagician to put 2 and 2 together just as with the netflix marvel thingy. Speaking of the 60s batman, does fox still air it?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:49am On Feb 21, 2019
iuwe:

who said gotham wanted to be added to the arrowverse? This speaks volume to where u get ur reports.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:52am On Feb 21, 2019
teewhydope:

sorry but i don't think you get my point. fox doesn't have the right to batman tv only the batman 66' series cause it was fully produced and distributed by fox back then, but i read warner bros got the distribution right back in 2014 after paying a lot of cash. i'm thinking you're mistaken here thinking fox can produce a batman tv show but it's not possible. the only right that can go to disney is the batman 66 tv series, not the subsequent batman related series. also the only thing disney can do with the series is to claim it'sproduction, "BUT" warner bros already bought the right to distribute the old series in 2014 on blu-ray, so disney would have to pay back some cash to get back that right again but it isn't worth it for a 60 year old tv series. they would probably sell it off.

the point of this epistle is that fox 'ONLY" has right on the batman 66 series cause they were the one that produced it and also distributed it till 2014 when warner bought back the right. doesn't mean they can produce any batman tv series cause of that. gotham was produced by warner but airing on fox and they can decide to move to another TV network if disney finalise the deal, fortunately, the series would have been over before the deal goes through. fox doesn't have the right to produce or distribute any batman series except the batman 66 series.... smiley
lol, am guessing the dude thought it was x men and fantastic 4. Laughable.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:54am On Feb 21, 2019
hulk616:
but now Disney owns fox and owns Gotham
stop going against the doctor's prescripti0n, bro. Ur health is deteriorating.

5 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:21am On Feb 21, 2019
iuwe:

Bros, anything that is not finalized on paper is not finalized at all. For it to be finalized, the paper work must be completed. As it stands now, fox can still decide not to go ahead with this acquisition anymore.

As for batman 1966, fox broadcasting network owns distribution rights not fox studios.
Disney is buying fox studios and not fox broadcasting network which owns distribution rights, hence Disney won't be able to get their hands on it
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:26am On Feb 21, 2019
Minemrys:

lol, am guessing the dude thought it was x men and fantastic 4. Laughable.

Warner brothers have ownership to their DC characters unlike marvel whose characters are owned by several companies. Well, with this acquisition, at least the number of parent company will reduce.

And did you know that warner brothers would have been the owners of marvel blade character if new line cinema didn't sell the rights back to marvel before WB acquired it?

So many hidden battles of acquisition to own characters
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by badinfluence: 8:45am On Feb 21, 2019
Why I like this thread.. So many people who know a lot about nothing.. grin

4 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:51am On Feb 21, 2019
iuwe:

You obviously didn't get the point. Disney is by far the biggest studio in the US, they don't need Batman as much as WB.

You are right Disney can't do anything new with Batman without WB authorization and I have clearly stated that in my previous post but if they want to get mischievous they would use the new found rights to Batman to cause legal problems.

At the first bolded - this I actually found hilarious. Do you think that WB has a say in the Disney/Fox deal?

Second bolded - And you taught Fox got nothing from the sales or WB didn't get permission from Fox?
Here is a link for you. http://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.cbr.com/disney-marvel-fox-deal-batman-gotham-distribution-rights/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjPsvHn0cvgAhWNzqQKHRaJCe4QFjADegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw284z8a0nvUkuyFtyIAxptG

Third bolded - Disney can't be forced to do sh*t. It is now their property. Rather they will do nothing with Batman but yet cause problem with it.

He is actually correct. Assuming Disney is buying everything owned by fox including its broadcasting network, WB can still buy the 1966 distribution rights back. Marvel did it for blade character when WB wanted to acquire new line cinema. So its nothing new.

Also, Disney is the biggest company but why will they stress themselves to fight a legal battle with the second largest who owns the character.

Take note that the reason why Gotham wasn't aired on other networks is because they own the distribution rights. However, WB owns the characters hence they can shut down the show anytime. Ask yourself why can't they mention Jokers name in Gotham series?

Well, to cut long story short, Disney is buying fox studios not fox broadcasting network which owns the TV series distribution rights
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Kaycee7(m): 8:59am On Feb 21, 2019
badinfluence:
Why I like this thread.. So many people who know a lot about nothing.. grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 21, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Bros, anything that is not finalized on paper is not finalized at all. For it to be finalized, the paper work must be completed. As it stands now, fox can still decide not to go ahead with this acquisition anymore.

As for batman 1966, fox broadcasting network owns distribution rights not fox studios.
Disney is buying fox studios and not fox broadcasting network which owns distribution rights, hence Disney won't be able to get their hands on it

What are you talking about? Disney has already acquired Fox, if not all this news about the property Disney had gained won't be coming out. Why do you think that the 2020 Avatar movie would be produced by Disney? Disney has already paid $70billion+ to the Murdoch family what they are waiting for is the antitrust bill. By July Fox is officially Disney property

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 21, 2019
Minemrys:

stop going against the doctor's prescripti0n, bro. Ur health is deteriorating.
doctors prescription undecided from a DC fan that is addicted to nonsense like doom patrol.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:43am On Feb 21, 2019
Minemrys:

bros. Forget all this l0ng and unnecessary gramar. Gotham and lucifer, 2 dc shows were canceled at the same time. S0me0ne doesn't need a mathemagician to put 2 and 2 together just as with the netflix marvel thingy. Speaking of the 60s batman, does fox still air it?
Firstly, Gotham wasn't cancelled.

Secondly, Netflix is a streaming service and Fox is a TV network (broadcasting) service. Difference being Netflix marvel shows like Daredevil, Luke cage, Jessica Jones, the punisher etc are produced by marvel television and ABC (Disney owned TV network) but are distributed by Netflix after a deal with Disney had been made. So your putting 2 and 2 together is pointless.

Thirdly, Fox don't have to air the show it is already in their gallery, there is something as having a sophisticated movie library.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:46am On Feb 21, 2019
hulk616:
doctors prescription undecided from a DC fan that is addicted to nonsense like doom patrol.
Doom patrol nonsense?

I give up on you.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:00am On Feb 21, 2019
iuwe:

What are you talking about? Disney has already acquired Fox, if not all this news about the property Disney had gained won't be coming out. Why do you think that the 2020 Avatar movie would be produced by Disney? Disney has already paid $70billion+ to the Murdoch family what they are waiting for is the antitrust bill. By July Fox is officially Disney property

I think the problem we have in this country is understanding simple use of English words.

From the screen shot you provided, didn't you see it was stated that the deal is "expected" to close by June 2019? Meaning, the deal is not yet closed. Also take note that the expected date can still change as it has changed before.

Also, see this screenshot from Yah00 finance which is recent (Dec 2018), stating that the acquisition nears finish line. Take note it hasn't reached or crossed the finished line. Or can you call yourself a winner of a race when you haven't crossed the finished line? undecided

As for Avatar 2020 movie, the production and distribution company is still 20th Century Fox and not Disney. I honestly don't know where you are getting your information from.

See here for more details on avatar 2020 movie https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_2

My simple advice is for you to read more and understand what it means for an acquisition to be completed, for an acquisition to still be in process or final stage. Go to financial websites and platforms to fully understand this.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:06am On Feb 21, 2019
iuwe:

Doom patrol nonsense?

I give up on you.

When he says it is nonsense, he actually means he enjoyed every bit of it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 21, 2019
teewhydope:

You are clearly stating what I said. Go through my previous post, never did I said Disney can produce a new Batman tv show. What I am saying is that Disney now has a back door to DC comics by claiming the 60s Batman show and that is not all, because they also have the rights to the 60s Batman the movie.

At bolded - WB only got the rights to distribute the merchandise of 60s Batman after a deal with Fox that's all.

Fox has the TV rights of Batman but not the character right. What that means is that WB cannot produce any tv show with Batman and Fox can't because they have not right to said character that is why Gotham is airing on Fox and produced by WB. Though Disney is not buying the TV Fox, they have the power to influence what show could go on.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2017/12/disney-could-own-part-of-batman-if-it-buys-fox
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 21, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I think the problem we have in this country is understanding simple use of English words.

From the screen shot you provided, didn't you see it was stated that the deal is "expected" to close by June 2019? Meaning, the deal is not yet closed. Also take note that the expected date can still change as it has changed before.

Also, see this screenshot from Yah00 finance which is recent (Dec 2018), stating that the acquisition nears finish line. Take note it hasn't reached or crossed the finished line. Or can you call yourself a winner of a race when you haven't crossed the finished line? undecided

As for Avatar 2020 movie, the production and distribution company is still 20th Century Fox and not Disney. I honestly don't know where you are getting your information from.

See here for more details on avatar 2020 movie https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar_2

My simple advice is for you to read more and understand what it means for an acquisition to be completed, for an acquisition to still be in process or final stage. Go to financial websites and platforms to fully understand this.

Bookmarking this till July 2019. Maybe then we can all understand why Goodluck congratulated buhari before he was declared the winner.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:17am On Feb 21, 2019
iuwe:

Bookmarking this till July 2019. Maybe then we can all understand why Goodluck congratulated buhari before he was declared the winner.

That's because GEJ had information of who won. But Buhari did assume the seat until everything was finalized and proper handover completed
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:17am On Feb 21, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

He is sad the entire season wasn't released at once like the umbrella academy. cheesy cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 21, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

That's because GEJ had information of who won. But Buhari did assume the seat until everything was finalized.
Just like Disney just like GEJ. Five months from now and they will assume the seat.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:20am On Feb 21, 2019
iuwe:

He is sad the entire season wasn't released at once like the umbrella academy. cheesy cheesy

That umbrella academy was a piece of crap.

I only managed to watch it because of the like I have for the boy who acted as Nicky in the Nicky, Ricky, dicky and dawn comedy TV show on Nick.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:21am On Feb 21, 2019
iuwe:

Just like Disney just like GEJ. Five months from now and they will assume the seat.

Has fox come out to say that Disney has completed the acquisition deal?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by teewhydope(m): 11:23am On Feb 21, 2019
iuwe:

You are clearly stating what I said. Go through my previous post, never did I said Disney can produce a new Batman tv show. What I am saying is that Disney now has a back door to DC comics by claiming the 60s Batman show and that is not all, because they also have the rights to the 60s Batman the movie.

At bolded - WB only got the rights to distribute the merchandise of 60s Batman after a deal with Fox that's all.

Fox has the TV rights of Batman but not the character right. What that means is that WB cannot produce any tv show with Batman and Fox can't because they have not right to said character that is why Gotham is airing on Fox and produced by WB. Though Disney is not buying the TV Fox, they have the power to influence what show could go on.

https://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2017/12/disney-could-own-part-of-batman-if-it-buys-fox

WB can still produce batman related tv shows and distribute it on streaming websites like netflix, just like they did with titans. the right doesn't cover streaming....... shocked
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 21, 2019
teewhydope:

WB can still produce batman related tv shows and distribute it on streaming websites like netflix, just like they did with titans. the right doesn't cover streaming....... shocked
You are absolutely right, it doesn't cover streaming but as for tv network they can't without permission from Disney/Fox.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:30am On Feb 21, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Has fox come out to say that Disney has completed the acquisition deal?
Answer - No

Has Disney paid for the acquisition of Fox for the sum of $70b

Answer - Yes
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:35am On Feb 21, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

That umbrella academy was a piece of crap.

I only managed to watch it because of the like I have for the boy who acted as Nicky in the Nicky, Ricky, dicky and dawn comedy TV show on Nick.

I actually enjoyed the show. It's a slow burn but it was really good.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:39am On Feb 21, 2019
iuwe:

I actually enjoyed the show. It's a slow burn but it was really good.

Well, I didn't enjoy it
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:45am On Feb 21, 2019
iuwe:

Answer - No

Has Disney paid for the acquisition of Fox for the sum of $70b

Answer - Yes

If the answer is no, then it is not similar to the GEJ scenario.

Also, fox/disney not coming out to say the deal is concluded is a clear indication that the deal is not finalized.

Paying money without proper completion of documents doesn't mean the deal is completed. Fox can decide to terminate the agreement and return the money to Disney. Several companies have done so, it isn't new. (Although am not sure if Disney has paid any money yet)
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 21, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

simple english is hard for DC fans. how can i enjoy that nonsense doom patrol. irritating series
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:26pm On Feb 21, 2019
hulk616:
simple english is hard for DC fans. how can i enjoy that nonsense doom patrol. irritating series

E pain am grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.