Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1239893 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2019
IAmSabrina:

Okay smiley

grin grin grin grin
Thor: Are you mocking me? She's trying to make me nervous...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 10:34pm On Apr 12, 2019
Minemrys:

exactly. But d0n't include civil war. That's what we are talking abt. It had s0me real gritty sh!t happening. Especially winter soldier. That's what philfear0n meant.
Exactly...
That's why Winter Soldier is still the best Marvel movie for me.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 10:35pm On Apr 12, 2019
IAmSabrina:

What do you mean "real" @bolded? Just curious
Well, @Minemrys has answered you already.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
philfearon:
WB/DC should have continued with its dark and gritty take on Superheroes and left childishness to Disney/Marvel. DC/WB cannot sustain such as that is not who they are.
Their current take on childishness led to the disaster called Justice League.
The Lord of The Rings Trilogy, The Batman Trilogy, The Harry Potter movies, The Hobbit Trilogy, Game of Thrones, The Matrix trilogy, The Conjuring Universe are all dark movies that generated billions... And these are all big franchises under WB/TW/DC.

By now, the talk would have been :
1)If you want childish movies about superheroes, Marvel is the place.
2)If you want dark, gritty and real take on Superheroes, DC is the place. After all Titan series was a hit and rated alongside Daredevil S1 as the best comic series ever on TV.
And now there is Doom Patrol, also well received!

I disagree with you on this.

First of all, DC is still continuing with dark movies. However, as it stands now, most viewers and non-comic book fans prefer a lighter approach to most movies. Take a look at the likes of punisher and hulk movies. That were a total flop not because it was very bad but because the people going to watch these movies prefer something lighter.
That's why the like of venom and black widow were made pg13 movies instead of dark R rated movies.

DC knows that to continue with the franchise and make money from it, they have to change approach and make things a bit lighter. From wonder woman to Aquaman and now to Shazam.

This concept has worked in putting DC back in the fore front again unlike when nobody else apart from DC fans want to watch it movies.

We are in the era where you have to give fans what they want if you want to make money. And its best DC adjusts to this trend and do what's good for business.

Even Shazam producer confirmed that DC will still go back to being dark again but for now, you need to win people over and give them what they want.

DC has 3 straight wins in a row which is good.

The next movie is joker which is obviously dark, same for Harley quin before wonder woman comes in. The flash movie script was even cancelled because DC wants something dark, so saying DC is following marvel to make childish films is totally wrong.

As it stands now, DC has a better chance in breaking more records and expectations than they were 3 years ago.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 11:59pm On Apr 12, 2019
pu7pl3:

Wrath; when billy angrily beat up those bullies or when he warned freddy to stay away from him

Pride; billy never joined the family before meal prayers

Sloth; billy was a lazy reluctant human altogether man

Nice one bro

I hail bro

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani6666: 12:23am On Apr 13, 2019
°°°

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 12:40am On Apr 13, 2019
philfearon:
WB/DC should have continued with its dark and gritty take on Superheroes and left childishness to Disney/Marvel. DC/WB cannot sustain such as that is not who they are.
The Lord of The Rings Trilogy, The Batman Trilogy, The Harry Potter movies, The Hobbit Trilogy, Game of Thrones, The Matrix trilogy, The Conjuring Universe are all dark movies that generated billions... And these are all big franchises under WB/TW/DC.

2)If you want dark, gritty and real take on Superheroes, DC is the place. After all Titan series was a hit and rated alongside Daredevil S1 as the best comic series ever on TV.
The fault is on Snyder. His movies were dark and bad. Provided they were decent, probably a different story today.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 5:08am On Apr 13, 2019
Raalsalghul:

The fault is on Snyder. His movies were dark and bad. Provided they were decent, probably a different story today.
I doubt that.
Man of Steel was lit.
BVS may have it's flaws, but it is still a wonderful piece of art.
It is no secret that Justice League was massacred by WB and Joss Whedon. Snyder's Justice League relied on the Dream Sequence which Batman saw as one of its focal point. Unfortunately, the movie veered away from his vision.
Finally, Zack Snyder served as Producer in both Wonder Woman and Aquaman.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 5:14am On Apr 13, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I disagree with you on this.

First of all, DC is still continuing with dark movies. However, as it stands now, most viewers and non-comic book fans prefer a lighter approach to most movies. Take a look at the likes of punisher and hulk movies. That were a total flop not because it was very bad but because the people going to watch these movies prefer something lighter.
That's why the like of venom and black widow were made pg13 movies instead of dark R rated movies.

DC knows that to continue with the franchise and make money from it, they have to change approach and make things a bit lighter. From wonder woman to Aquaman and now to Shazam.

This concept has worked in putting DC back in the fore front again unlike when nobody else apart from DC fans want to watch it movies.

We are in the era where you have to give fans what they want if you want to make money. And its best DC adjusts to this trend and do what's good for business.

Even Shazam producer confirmed that DC will still go back to being dark again but for now, you need to win people over and give them what they want.

DC has 3 straight wins in a row which is good.

The next movie is joker which is obviously dark, same for Harley quin before wonder woman comes in. The flash movie script was even cancelled because DC wants something dark, so saying DC is following marvel to make childish films is totally wrong.

As it stands now, DC has a better chance in breaking more records and expectations than they were 3 years ago.
I agree with some of your points and disagree with some too.
@bolded, that's because they finally listened and allowed Directors to do their thing, a luxury Zack was not afforded.
You are right though, DC is still doing their dark things lightheartedly.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:38am On Apr 13, 2019
philfearon:

Exactly...
That's why Winter Soldier is still the best Marvel movie for me.
Likewise...Infinity war was close to been real too though...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:59am On Apr 13, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I hail bro

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Vic2Ree(m): 9:24am On Apr 13, 2019
Minemrys:

You should. In fact you should thank DC for bringing about the superhero comic book genre...
That achievement is why we are here talking, else we could have been talking about star wars and barney comic books...
Lol. Who do you think was the first superhero? DC made the genre popular sure but they sure didn't bring it about. I'd even argue that Marvel is the reason the genre is still relevant today

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 9:48am On Apr 13, 2019
Minemrys:

Likewise...Infinity war was close to been real too though...
Yeah...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 9:52am On Apr 13, 2019
philfearon:

as a DC fan,I only come here to read comments,but you forced me to type......I like this your comment Bro
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 9:57am On Apr 13, 2019
I like your comments guys, love reading them

Proud to be a DC family...
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 10:02am On Apr 13, 2019
Topmaike007:
as a DC fan,I only come here to read comments,but you forced me to type......I like this your comment Bro
You are welcome bro.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 11:41am On Apr 13, 2019
Topmaike007:
I like your comments guys, love reading them

Proud to be a DC family...

You can't live with your Failure

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 11:46am On Apr 13, 2019
Afobear:

You can't live with your Failure
who told you to quote me? And moreover this is my universe not marvel,so fucck off.

Hulk616 come and Carry your brother oo
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 1:40pm On Apr 13, 2019
Vic2Ree:

Lol. Who do you think was the first superhero? DC made the genre popular sure but they sure didn't bring it about. I'd even argue that Marvel is the reason the genre is still relevant today
lol. If that was so true why did Marvel sell it's A rated characters to stay relevant? The 1st superhero was Superman, bro. The 1st c0mic cross over was the JSA. Marvel/stan lee then had to take fr0m that success to usher in the F4 then the Avengers. You can argue that marvel made the cinematic universe relevant n0t the c0mics genre. Cos the stories DC were publish!ng sold alot m0re than marvel's. Use go0gle bro. Use it.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2019
Topmaike007:
who told you to quote me? And moreover this is my universe not marvel,so fucck off.

Hulk616 come and Carry your brother oo

Don't force me to bring an Eclipse here ffs . I have so many payments to make to you Dcians but will do so in the due time ....Don't make me bring it early ... Be warned
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2019
marvel sold its A+ characters to avoid going bankrupt but guess what marvel B and C+ characters are now more relevant than DC A+ characters.how is superman who is a rip off the first superhero? undecided

Minemrys:

lol. If that was so true why did Marvel sell it's A rated characters to stay relevant? The 1st superhero was Superman, bro. The 1st c0mic cross over was the JSA. Marvel/stan lee then had to take fr0m that success to usher in the F4 then the Avengers. You can argue that marvel made the cinematic universe relevant n0t the c0mics genre. Cos the stories DC were publish!ng sold alot m0re than marvel's. Use go0gle bro. Use it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Topmaike007(m): 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2019
Afobear:

Don't force me to bring an Eclipse here ffs . I have so many payments to make to you Dcians but will do so in the due time ....Don't make me bring it early ... Be warned

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2019
MJBOLT:
[b]marvel sold its A+ characters to avoid going bankrupt but guess what marvel B and C+ characters are now more relevant than DC A+ characters.[/b]how is superman who is a rip off the first superhero? undecided

great u kn0w and have affirmed my statement. Am happy DC doesn't have the m0n0poly, and very s0on, that would be to DC's favour. The earth is a revolution, things revolve and evolve. It's marvel's time to shine in the m0vies. Enjoy the success wh!le it goes. Now, to answer ur questi0n, type on google 'who is the first superhero character created in comics'. Superman was a rip off? Great. I still don't kn0w why u couldn't stay away fr0m quoting me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
Afobear:

bros, whatever u do, u'll only be making this thread m0re lively. So, pls go on. We'd be happy if u help us push this thread forward. I dare u to do it, pls. Am begging you. If u d0n't, you are a coward.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 4:32pm On Apr 13, 2019
Minemrys:

ok thats en0ugh. Tinz could still turn around. U don't want to jinx marvel's success, u knw?
I will have you begging once more .... That's my joy

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 4:33pm On Apr 13, 2019
how is superman the first superhero when he is a ripoff? undecided next time dont post rubbish maybe i wont quote you

Minemrys:

great u kn0w and have affirmed my statement. Am happy DC doesn't have the m0n0poly, and very s0on, that would be to DC's favour. The earth is a revolution, things revolve and evolve. It's marvel's time to shine in the m0vies. Enjoy the success wh!le it goes. Now, to answer ur questi0n, type on google 'who is the first superhero character created in comics'. Superman was a rip off? Great. I still don't kn0w why u couldn't stay away fr0m quoting me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 4:34pm On Apr 13, 2019
Minemrys:

bros, whatever u do, u'll only be making this thread m0re lively. So, pls go on. We'd be happy if u help us push this thread forward. I dare u to do it, pls. Am begging you. If u d0n't, you are a coward.

Okay .... You surely will continue begging when harvest time manifests
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Euphrosyne(m): 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2019
Spoilers for endgame are online, Is anybody interested?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:48pm On Apr 13, 2019
MJBOLT:
how is superman the first superhero when he is a ripoff? undecided next time dont post rubbish maybe i wont quote you

go google it.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 5:20pm On Apr 13, 2019
Euphrosyne:
Spoilers for endgame are online, Is anybody interested?

Nobody is interested in any spoilers here.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:23pm On Apr 13, 2019
MJBOLT:

There were few superheroes before him if you dig deeper tho...

And stop saying superman is a ripoff...for what its worth its others that are ripping off from him

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 5:25pm On Apr 13, 2019
superman is a rip off of Doc Savage and Philip wylie gladiator

pu7pl3:

There were few superheroes before him if you dig deeper tho...

And stop saying superman is a ripoff...for what its worth its others that are ripping off from him

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.