Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (391) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1233033 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:45am On May 04, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

If its under the imprint of DC then it is DC comics.

Modified: I just checked now and I can see DC comics official website talking about izombie. So, its a DC comics since vertigo is under DC.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/10/30/izombie-three-reasons-youre-about-to-fall-in-love-with-a-zombie
You are mistaken, for example Star wars is produced by marvel but has nothing to do with marvel comics same can be used for iZombie.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 11:47am On May 04, 2019
Captain Marvel rotten tomatoes 78

Shazam rotten tomatoes 90.

Well I don't expect Marvel tards to be reasonable. grin grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 12:08pm On May 04, 2019
iuwe:

Talk to me when it surpasses your earlier millions bragging rights

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 12:18pm On May 04, 2019
iuwe:

you see DC fans, when DC trash movies were getting poor RT scores they were crying foul now they using it grin
Aquaman made a billion dollars they were comparing it with some marvel movies.
DC and trash grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 04, 2019
hulk616:
you see DC fans, when DC trash movies were getting poor RT scores they were crying foul now they using it grin
Aquaman made a billion dollars they were comparing it with some marvel movies.
DC and trash grin
Point where I had accused RT or I will start giving you the same treatment I give to marvel tards like Afobear. All talks but no reasoning
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 1:56pm On May 04, 2019
Hulk616 have you found where I accused RT of bias or u have suddenly turn mute.

Meanwhile a marvel tards is still quoting me like I bleeped his girlfriend. grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 2:00pm On May 04, 2019
Fucking dcshits is my hobby
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 2:43pm On May 04, 2019
iuwe:
Hulk616 have you found where I accused RT of bias or u have suddenly turn mute.

Meanwhile a marvel tards is still quoting me like I bleeped his girlfriend. grin grin

On the bolded, he is looking for petty attention. Do not feed the troll.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 2:46pm On May 04, 2019
iuwe:

You are mistaken, for example Star wars is produced by marvel but has nothing to do with marvel comics same can be used for iZombie.

Well i beg to disagree. Star wars is still produced by marvel comics, so i believe that izombie is produced by DC comics since DC owns vertigo

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 04, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Well i beg to disagree. Star wars is still produced by marvel comics, so i believe that izombie is produced by DC comics since DC owns vertigo
Yeah, I agree but their activities don't affect the main DC Universe.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 04, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

On the bolded, he is looking for petty attention. Do not feed the troll.
Lol. I can't quote someone who doesn't know whether a discussion is about quality or box office.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by MJBOLT: 4:16pm On May 04, 2019
waywardpikin:

Lol @ fishy

I know the pun was unintended.

Anyway what do you think the next phase of Marvel will be after Endgame? I also don't think Endgame will gross as much as Infinity War following the law of diminishing returns.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 04, 2019
iuwe:

No longer boring Wet Thor with box office > Mary floppins and Spider-verse?
based on box office
Biased guy

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Neimar: 4:25pm On May 04, 2019
whr dt girl wen I wan bleep grin

I WILL BLEEP HER LIKE MARVEL IS BLEEPING DC

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 04, 2019
Raalsalghul:
I see this film underperforming. The controversy surrounding it is something else.
hahahahaha big L grin grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 04, 2019
Raalsalghul:
So far no controversies during production, the director has a good track record, the actor is excited to play the character and is liked by all and sundry and the audiences' reaction to the trailers have been positive so far. Therefore, I see no reason for this film to fail. In fact, it might even surpass TheFakeCaptMarvel in box office earnings.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
It can't even surpass 400 million dollars grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 04, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Won't make up that: more like 500 to 600 mill.
Reviews won't be poor because the critics kiss marvel's ass. cool
general of L collectors

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 04, 2019
Raalsalghul:

I'm telling you broda, it's all a distraction from The fake captain marvel.
Nice marketing from WB. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
nice marketing that couldn't make 400 million dollars while original captain marvel made 1.112 billion dollars
Another L for you

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 04, 2019
Raalsalghul:

I've been thinking: why did WB allow social media reactions to release at this time when Captain Marvel is about to hit theatres.
Probably they want to distract people for The Fake Captain Marvel and make us save money for Shazam.
It's a ploy if you ask me.
grin grin grin
Dc fans were saving their money for endgame cheesy grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 04, 2019
Raalsalghul:
Who said it will flop? Better go and sleep if you don't know what to say. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
why are you lying? grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 5:02pm On May 04, 2019
Let's burn this thread down !!!!!

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 04, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
Personal update:

1. My personal BO prediction for shazam film is $600-$750m (remember this is a low budget movie and endgame is pretty close)

2. Tickets for endgame to be sold on 3rd of April ( about 2 days to the official release of Shazam film in the US)

3. Positive reactions towards Shazam movie in China, however, don't expect much as Marvel has now secured an official release of endgame in China on 24th of April.

4. Shazam still maintains high positive reviews on rotten tomatoes and metacritic website.

Overall conclusion is that Marvel doesn't want Shazam to outshine CM thereby using endgame to cripple it
hahahahah 600 what? grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 04, 2019
philfearon:

Marvel should be more concerned about Endgame than crippling Shazam... Shazam is a banker already, same as Endgame, but Shazam will not be constrained by the things Endgame will battle with, viz:
1) A 3hrs+ movie means less time and less showing at the cinema's.
2) Endgame will be battling it with Shazam, Pokemon: Detective Pikachu... They both have less screen time and are Box Office sure bankers. So, Endgame will not be the only Big budget movie around.
3) Game of Thrones is returning.
4) Champions League is returning!

P:S - This is not to say Endgame will not make a lot of money at the box office, but this is what it is going to face!!!
reality can be disappointing grin
Points 1. Big L
2. Big L ,Shazam can't even beat captain marvel you are saying Endgame. Big joke grin grin
3. Big L
4. Big L for loserpool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 04, 2019
Minemrys:

my main man. I said it prior. Endgame may n0t make infinity war BO numbers. Even Laurene can attest to that. But anything can happen.
one big L loading ..... For you

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by alaboski(m): 7:19pm On May 04, 2019
hulk616:
one big L loading ..... For you
Bro, if you put this much energy you put in trolling into making yourself better trust me, you'd have gone far in life. Dummy ��

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 04, 2019
TheKingIsHere:
My Shazam box office predictions.

Domestic - $250m
China - $100m - $150m
Rest of the world - $300m

Total BO - $650m - $700m

This is still massive for a low budget movie. cool

Factors used to come up with this prediction;

1. Shazam character is relatively unknown to the non comic book fans

2. Low marketing budget and production budget

3. Same month with Avengers endgame

4. Might be too American for the Chinese audience hence the low amount given in my prediction for CBO

However, take note, this is my least box office prediction and it can be wrong.

So, DC fans, share your box office predictions as the movie premieres today. cool

hahahaha 600 what? DC --- dreamers college grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 04, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Am not disputing it but I noticed that a lot of people expect it to make almost the same money like Aquaman forgetting the fact that it is a low budget movie and its character/actor is relatively unknown.

I have gone through background checks and made comparisons with other low budget superhero movies (in their debut) and the only low budget superhero movie that made it above the $700m mark for its debut was deadpool and that's because deadpool is an already known character.

The likes of Thor, antman , iron man, captain America had a far higher budget ($130- $200m) but still failed to hit the $700m mark in their debut despite being known superhero characters. In fact, they fell between $300m-$500m range in their first debut despite their huge budget.

So, it is a safe bet to put Shazam below $700m total for it's debut and low budget.

Preferably $400m- $500m if I use ironman and antman stat and around $350m using Thor stat....(I didn't want to say this initially, so that some people won't come at me)...I might be wrong though. All na prediction.

**modified** I forgot to add venom which made over $800m on its debut but take note that its character is known.
even 400 million dollars it cant make grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 04, 2019
BlackManta:

Mark my words...

Shazam will earn more than its $90m budget in the next three days.
I marked your words and you got F9 grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:32pm On May 04, 2019
pu7pl3:
shazam will gross between 600-700 million.....which is a huge success for a 90mil budget
hahahahahahahahah grin grin grin
Big L to you sir

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 04, 2019
Xavier5:

MY SHAZAM BOX OFFICE PREDICTION:

MINIMUM: $500M
MAXIMUM: $950M

10% Probability Of It Grossing Over 1$B Because Of HellBoy And Avengers: Endgame But A 100% Probability Of It Grossing Between My Prediction.

MY ANTICIPATED MOVIES THIS MONTH ACCORDING TO PREFERENCE:

1.) Shazam.
2.) Avengers: Endgame.
3.) HellBoy.

But One Thing Is Sure, Shazam Is Gearing Up To Become The Most Profitable Movie Of 2019. It Might End Up Being The One That Will Pave The Path Of Success For Low Budgeted Super Hero Movies Just Like Dark Knight And Wonder Woman Did For Superhero And Superheroine Movies.

SHAZAM, LET'S GO THERE. WE DIE HERE. TICK TOK.

#Xavier.
#I'm_A_DCian.
#Born_Again_DCian.
#Just_Say_The_Word. #Shazam.
Shazam is a failure that it can't even pass the minimum grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 7:43pm On May 04, 2019
philfearon:

Marvel should be more concerned about Endgame than crippling Shazam... Shazam is a banker already, same as Endgame, but Shazam will not be constrained by the things Endgame will battle with, viz:
1) A 3hrs+ movie means less time and less showing at the cinema's.
2) Endgame will be battling it with Shazam, Pokemon: Detective Pikachu... They both have less screen time and are Box Office sure bankers. So, Endgame will not be the only Big budget movie around.
3) Game of Thrones is returning.
4) Champions League is returning!

P:S - This is not to say Endgame will not make a lot of money at the box office, but this is what it is going to face!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (388) (389) (390) (391) (392) (393) (394) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.