Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,950 members, 7,814,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1231227 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Xavier5(m): 12:25am On Aug 20, 2019
Skseries:
I said the Batman movie was a standalone movie and most likely wont have connection with the DCEU universe, according to info going around.

Attached are article and a direct comment from Thod Philip himself stating this.

P.S from one of the comment i think it is clearly stated that warner Bros new policy is to make standalone movies,

i made claim that every confirmed movies will have an official release date by WB or DC, one of the snap shot below also proof this point.

there is also an article snap shot which show someone else with the same idea of a flash point reboot, i guess he is dumb too grin grin

Bringing the flashpoint into the DCEU is a no no for now, why? The flashpoint is a huge story and event in DC, it's not just something you introduce into the DCEU simply because you want to introduce it or to correct a mess. It's too early to bring in the flashpoint, assuming the DCEU was in it's 10th movie state that would have been okay but bringing in the flashpoint into the DCEU in it's7th movies state isn't right, that will be a mistake, that will be you rushing stories and the flashpoint is not a story that should be rushed or brought in earlier into the DCEU. It's so huge that it could span through series of films, having it's own story arc. The same way you can't bring in the Injustice story arc into the DCEU because of how huge, deep and important it is, is the same way you can't bring in the flashpoint story. The flashpoint is a huge and important story in the DC and as such should be treated as such and not just some story you bring into the early state of the DCEU just to correct a mess, that will be a mediocre of the movie.

There are several ways WB can go about the DCEU without bringing in the flashpoint which are:

1.) Continue with the current storyline and timeline of the DCEU although changing cast that needs to be changed while ensuring that better and quality movies are produced likewise adding new innovative and creative ideas to make the DCEU better.

2.) Create a pararell/ alternate dimension to the current timeline in the DCEU and let them operate side by side, in other words, bring in the DC multiverse, cast should be casted and changed where needed. Build and establish the alternate dimension while doing same for the current timeline/ dimension. After some time the flashpoint can be brought in to merge both dimension/ timeline as one. With this the flashpoint will be the bridge linking two dimensions together as one and it won't be brought into the DCEU early but at a latter time, and that's a role that is befiting for a huge story as the flashpoint.

3.) Soft reboot the DCEU by changing some stories and casts so that the rebooted DCEU movies will be different (not totally different) from the Synderverse DCEU and will also have minimal connection to it. With this you relaunch the DCEU without totally wiping out it's past and bringing in the flashpoint at such an early time into the DCEU. Remember not all stories and cast will be changed just some.

That's how to handle the DCEU without bringing in the flashpoint into it at such an early stage just to correct a mess.

From the look of things WB are going for no.2 or no.3 as their plan to reboot and build the DCEU, that's why there are certain changes in the DC both in movies, cast and stories.

Xavier Out.

#Xavier.
#I'm_A_DCian.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 20, 2019
angry angry sad
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:06am On Aug 20, 2019
Xavier5:

Bringing the flashpoint into the DCEU is a no no for now, why? The flashpoint is a huge story and event in DC, it's not just something you introduce into the DCEU simply because you want to introduce it or to correct a mess. It's too early to bring in the flashpoint, assuming the DCEU was in it's 10th movie state that would have been okay but bringing in the flashpoint into the DCEU in it's7th movies state isn't right, that will be a mistake, that will be you rushing stories and the flashpoint is not a story that should be rushed or brought in earlier into the DCEU. It's so huge that it could span through series of films, having it's own story arc. The same way you can't bring in the Injustice story arc into the DCEU because of how huge, deep and important it is, is the same way you can't bring in the flashpoint story. The flashpoint is a huge and important story in the DC and as such should be treated as such and not just some story you bring into the early state of the DCEU just to correct a mess, that will be a mediocre of the movie.

There are several ways WB can go about the DCEU without bringing in the flashpoint which are:

1.) Continue with the current storyline and timeline of the DCEU although changing cast that needs to be changed while ensuring that better and quality movies are produced likewise adding new innovative and creative ideas to make the DCEU better.

2.) Create a pararell/ alternate dimension to the current timeline in the DCEU and let them operate side by side, in other words, bring in the DC multiverse, cast should be casted and changed where needed. Build and establish the alternate dimension while doing same for the current timeline/ dimension. After some time the flashpoint can be brought in to merge both dimension/ timeline as one. With this the flashpoint will be the bridge linking two dimensions together as one and it won't be brought into the DCEU early but at a latter time, and that's a role that is befiting for a huge story as the flashpoint.

3.) Soft reboot the DCEU by changing some stories and casts so that the rebooted DCEU movies will be different (not totally different) from the Synderverse DCEU and will also have minimal connection to it. With this you relaunch the DCEU without totally wiping out it's past and bringing in the flashpoint at such an early time into the DCEU. Remember not all stories and cast will be changed just some.

That's how to handle the DCEU without bringing in the flashpoint into it at such an early stage just to correct a mess.

From the look of things WB are going for no.2 or no.3 as their plan to reboot and build the DCEU, that's why there are certain changes in the DC both in movies, cast and stories.

Xavier Out.

#Xavier.
#I'm_A_DCian.
you are the kind of people i like to argue with, you are open minded and calm.

When i suggested flashpoint, i did'nt say they must use it, it was just a suggestion that other people have also suggested. Kingshare and his ppl could have simply highlighted why they feels he can't or shouldn't be done, instead they said i was dump and that was what caused the whole yeye argument on that topic.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:13am On Aug 20, 2019
Xavier5:
The DCEU is been soft rebooted, in the sense that some stories and cast will be changed making them different but not totally different from the the previous movies in the Synderverse DCEU.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/wb-rebooting-entire-dceu/

https://screenrant.com/dceu-dead-reboot-upcoming-movies/

https://screenrant.com/dceu-2019-reset-shazam-joker-justice-league/

https://screenrant.com/dceu-reboot-movies-warner-bros/

After the failure (both critically and financially) of Justice League, WB had change of plans for the DCEU because they found out that the current path they they were towing wasn't gonna be feasible and good for the universe thanks to results from previous DCEU flicks (some failing financially while others, critically), WB launched into restructuring the DCEU which led to changes which are:

1.) Soft rebooting the franchise.
2.) Being more flexible on their tone i.e moving from seriously toned universe to a diversified toned universe where movies will be balanced, serious and lighthearted in tones depending on the film's been produced.
3.) Establishing the universe with solo movies base on characters.
4.) Taking their time to build the universe and not rush into it as they initially did which bombed hard.

Talking about rebooting. As I stated earlier, soft reboot is part of WB restructuring plan for the DCEU.
By soft rebooting, some (not all) stories and cast will be changed which will make the DCEU movies to be different in some ways to their previous Synderverse DCEU counterpart and like wise have minimal connection to it;
*that's why Aquaman and Shazam were minimally connected to the Synderverse DCEU with Aquaman having connection with Justice league via mera's one line dialogue where she reminded Arthur curry of his defeat of Steppenhwolf and Shazam connected with the presence of Superman, Aquaman and Batman merchandise (toys, artifacts, clothes), news about Superman's heroic acts in Freddy's room and Superman's cameo appearance.
*That's why Steve Trevor is gonna be part of WW84.
*That's why Matt Reeves "The Batman" is gonna be a reboot of Affleck's Batman rather than a prequel as initially planned.
*That's why The Suicide Squad is gonna be a reboot instead of a sequel as initially planned.
*That's why DCEU is now known as Worlds Of DC
*That's why Robert Pattinson has be cast as Batman and Actors and actresses will be cast.

https://screenrant.com/dc-extended-universe-officially-branded-worlds-dc/

In other words, WB are restarting the DCEU without changing it's past completely, that's why it's a soft reboot.

Despite the fact that WB is soft rebooting the DCEU, making certain changes in the story and cast and making it films to be minimally connected to the synderverse DCEU, some stories and cast won't be changed, one of such story is the central storyline which is the INVASION OF DARKSEID. This is so because Aquaman (the first movie in the soft rebooted DCEU) connected (although minimally) to the event of Justice League, which means the DCEU is still following or going with that story arc. And don't forget Shazam (the second movie in the soft rebooted DCEU) is set after the events of Justice League, that's why in the movie, batman, Superman and Aquaman had their merchandise which shows that they've been recognized as heroes world wide which occurred after the defeat of Steppenhwolf in Justice League according to Justice League's plotline. Going with this, it is clear that Aquaman and Shazam continued the event and story of Justice league even as movies in the soft rebooted DCEU which means the Darkseid Invasion Story arc is the Central plot of this chapter of the DCEU and Darkseid is the Central villain.

So the question is? With the soft reboot of the DCEU, what are their plans to connect the universe into the laid out Central story arc? We don't know yet but we can only know as we see more released DCEU movies which for now are gonna be solo movies and non Justice league team up movies (which is done to build and establish the DCEU) but there is gonna be a major connection sometime in the future.

So rather than be in unnecessary rush and carrying out unnecessary comparison, let's just give WB the space and time to carry out their restructured plan on the DCEU and we will see how that turns out with time which from the look of things (going with the financial, critical and receptive success of Aquaman and Shazam) is going to be good, massive and positive.
So let's just chill, it's just a matter of time.

Cc Minemrys, TheKingIsHere, Pu7pl3, Blackspider, Skseries etc, I have hope I've been able to buttress some vital issues.

#Xavier.
#I'm_A_DCian.
guy you have jawe, and u did it maturely and reasonably. no names calling or getting heightened over it. Thumbs up.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:19am On Aug 20, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Lol.

Your wahala too much.

You go stubborn wella when you be baby o
funny enough i don't argue that much, unless am sure of what am saying neither did i even plan to continue the argument on that Sunday i was gonna just let it go, till ur guy came and say am all talk and i didnt provide the proof i claim i have.

that was what actually got me more engross in the argument. its cool though it was fun.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:22am On Aug 20, 2019
pu7pl3:

This is what I would have typed if I had your strength bro...you have really covered this issue..you more than buttressed all the vital points,in fact you more than buttressed all the vital points .end of discussion
see him lashing on someone idea grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 7:23am On Aug 20, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

That's life bro.

We agree to disagree and disagree to agree at the end.

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley wink wink wink wink wink
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 9:38am On Aug 20, 2019
Skseries:
see him lashing on someone idea grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You don't even know what lashing means man
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 20, 2019
pu7pl3:

be civil
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 20, 2019
Raalsalghul:

This Momoa guy: very goofy and loyal!
are you too asking for synders cut too?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 20, 2019
Skseries:

Lol........... guyyyyyyyyyyy i like u,
........................................................ lipsrsealed
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 20, 2019
Xavier5:
Sorry for removing your post but your post was too long
But i said the same thing that DC is doing soft reboot. resulting to futureless DCEU or worlds of DC or rebooted DCEU undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 12:29pm On Aug 20, 2019
pu7pl3:

profffffffffffffff u too sabi guy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 12:36pm On Aug 20, 2019
pu7pl3:

grin angry

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BankyGee(m): 1:35pm On Aug 20, 2019
Xavier5:
The DCEU is been soft rebooted, in the sense that some stories and cast will be changed making them different but not totally different from the the previous movies in the Synderverse DCEU.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/wb-rebooting-entire-dceu/

https://screenrant.com/dceu-dead-reboot-upcoming-movies/

https://screenrant.com/dceu-2019-reset-shazam-joker-justice-league/

https://screenrant.com/dceu-reboot-movies-warner-bros/

After the failure (both critically and financially) of Justice League, WB had change of plans for the DCEU because they found out that the current path they they were towing wasn't gonna be feasible and good for the universe thanks to results from previous DCEU flicks (some failing financially while others, critically), WB launched into restructuring the DCEU which led to changes which are:

You've covered everything bro. 100%

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2019
We could have built a better DCEU in this era, but WB choose the copy copy part over something unique.

I still so much love MoS

This is a YouTube video of someone who truly understands MoS perfectly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp3ffkRi15E
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
SMUAG:

We could have built a better DCEU in this era, but WB choose the copy copy part over something unique.

I still so much love MoS

I agree...but hopefully it can be topped when cavil returns for another movie
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 5:57pm On Aug 20, 2019
pu7pl3:

I agree...but hopefully it can be topped when cavil returns for another movie
MOS 2 is not happening.
We should have accepted that by now.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
SMUAG:

I still so much love MoS

MoS: the best part about Snyder's reign.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:04pm On Aug 20, 2019
Raalsalghul:

MOS 2 is not happening.

no it's probably not but a superman movie is surely happening
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2019
Raalsalghul:

MOS 2 is not happening.
grin grin
Finally
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by SMUAG(m): 7:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
Raalsalghul:

MoS: the best part about Snyder's reign.

......and that was the part he was fully in control.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 20, 2019
DCeased grin grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:59pm On Aug 20, 2019
hulk616:
DCeased grin grin

Is another issue out?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BankyGee(m): 8:31pm On Aug 20, 2019
hulk616:
DCeased grin grin
Speak, your brother is listening grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2019
pu7pl3:

Is another issue out?
no grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2019
BankyGee:

Speak, your brother is listening grin
i m not speaking
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:08pm On Aug 20, 2019
hulk616:
no grin

Ok keep feeling it grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:23pm On Aug 20, 2019
hulk616:
i m not speaking

Instead of you to talk now, you dey form....

tomorrow when blackspider gives us info, you will be crying that you were the first to say it. undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
Pennyworth episode 5 was so touching embarassed

Chai!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:24pm On Aug 20, 2019
Pennyworth episode 5 was so touching embarassed

Chai!!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:26pm On Aug 20, 2019
Evidence that people are loving the new direction DC is heading cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.