Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,257 members, 7,953,964 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:54 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1296257 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (1549) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 11:54am On Sep 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Wrong!

Synder gave the media with enough loopholes to attack him and the WB brand.

Look at the Joker movie, the fake ass critics are attacking this film but they don't have any tangible thing against it. Big difference! That's why a lot of them are being exposed.

Unlike synder that gave them the loophole of sexism, long hour films(I wanted to stream watchmen 3 days ago and found out it is 3.08hours), shity storyline etc.

If synder worked on these major loopholes, he wouldn't be were he is today. But he kept doing the same thing with all his films and got seriously panned for it.

And yes synder is in a mess. With so much to offer, studios should have been falling over him for him to direct their movies. But where is he now? He is in Netflix doing zombie film and cartoon. A very BIG downgrade! Apart from Netflix where is he again? Netflix that will be facing strong streaming competition from studio giants like Disney and WB!

For over 2 years now, nobody has heard of synder unless when his fanboys are crying for synder cut. Nobody even knows the title of the film he is doing, just very few who are his fans. That's is a big MESS! Even if he is still paying his bills, he is now in a BIG downgrade from where is used to be and where he ought to be.

Synder should work on these loopholes before its too late and see how every studio will be begging him. But the synder I know is very stubborn and will never learn.

Hahaha, how can him working with Netflix be a downgrade when a lot of Oscar winning directors like Martin Scorcese, Steven Soderberg and Guillermo Del Toro are also working for them? You guys never cease to amaze me. Mind you, Netflix came from nowhere and became a movie powerhouse compared to movie giants WB and Disney. The Netflix model is now being copied by these so-called giants and that is the future of the movie industry. There are directors looking for such opportunities this day and age. As for Snyder, I have nothing more to say beyond what I have said. here.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:55am On Sep 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

He will definitely regret it, especially if Elba does so well as bronze tiger
d0n't kn0w why u guys are criticizing will smith. The man's been busy ever since bro. He needed a break. And u can't agree to star in a m0vie without spending time pr0m0ting it. He was t0o busy. He'd be back after this one trust me. He just needed time. Schedule is one reas0n why black adam t0o hasn't been released.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
TonySpike:

Hahaha, how can him working with Netflix be a downgrade when a lot of Oscar winning directors like Martin Scorcese, Steven Soderberg and Guillermo Del Toro are also working for them? You guys never seem to amaze me. Mind you, Netflix came from nowhere and became a movie powerhouse compared to movie giants WB and Disney. The Netflix model is now being copied by these so-called giants and that is the future of the movie industry. There are directors looking for such opportunities this day and age. As for Snyder, I have nothing more to say beyond what I have said. here.

Martin scorcese, Del Toro etc are also working with other studios while working with Netflix, who else is synder working with if not for Netflix? He is on life support right now in the film industry.

Stop comparing synder with other directors that are being called elsewhere by other studios. No one else is calling synder. That's is a BIG downgrade.

Let him do his zombie film and cartoon, at least he is in a place where he can hide from criticism, for now

As for Netflix being a powerhouse, that was when there was no competition, now, dem go hear am.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:52pm On Sep 14, 2019
Minemrys:

d0n't kn0w why u guys are criticizing will smith. The man's been busy ever since bro. He needed a break. And u can't agree to star in a m0vie without spending time pr0m0ting it. He was t0o busy. He'd be back after this one trust me. He just needed time. Schedule is one reas0n why black adam t0o hasn't been released.

I checked will Smith schedule, and I don't think he has any major movie coming up that he is involved in. I might be wrong but I have a feeling he deliberately passed this opportunity.

Well, I wish him good luck

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2019
Minemrys:

na una no get me. Am always a DC guy. Grew up watching Dc. Me being critical of dc and wb is becos i love them and want the best from them.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 12:58pm On Sep 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I don't know what he is busy doing...he just had Aladdin and some other few things on his plate

He will run back for the next one
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 2:37pm On Sep 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Why
You know its not about the money right, just scheduling ish... Alladin made a billion plus too.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 2:40pm On Sep 14, 2019
Minemrys:

You are correct bro.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I checked will Smith schedule, and I don't think he has any major movie coming up that he is involved in. I might be wrong but I have a feeling he deliberately passed this opportunity.

Well, I wish him good luck
Bad Boys 3 and Bright 2.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:34pm On Sep 14, 2019
philfearon:

Bad Boys 3 and Bright 2.

Bad boys 3 has finished filming since na. I belive since March-April this year.

Also, the bright 2 film has not started production. Atleast from what i checked...I might be wrong

This means that he would have been free now to act in this SS2 that is filming by September ending. This shows that he might have decided not to participate in it.

Well, am not holding it against him

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 9:36pm On Sep 14, 2019
philfearon:

Why
You know its not about the money right, just scheduling ish... Alladin made a billion plus too.

I know it isnt about the money, but i have checked his schedule from the net, he is free for the SS2 which is slated to start production this September. He didnt just want to be in it.

Am glad Alladin made a billion or else, he would have been mostly blamed for the failure.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:12pm On Sep 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Bad boys 3 has finished filming since na. I belive since March-April this year.

Also, the bright 2 film has not started production. Atleast from what i checked...I might be wrong

This means that he would have been free now to act in this SS2 that is filming by September ending. This shows that he might have decided not to participate in it.

Well, am not holding it against him
dude, u can't really say his schedule is clear. It depends which film he signed on for first. Was it bright part 2 or what? And mind u, suicide squad's producti0n status kept changing with the m0ving in and out of directors. And such m0ves often affect an actor's schedule. Showbiz isn't just abt acting or showing up on the scene. It's like signing up a c0ntract and being owned by s0me0ne for a period of time. Will may n0t have been sure of suicide squad's producti0n date so he went to clear his plate.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:16pm On Sep 14, 2019
Minemrys:

dude, u can't really say his schedule is clear. It depends which film he signed on for first. Was it bright part 2 or what? And mind u, suicide squad's producti0n status kept changing with the m0ving in and out of directors. And such m0ves often affect an actor's schedule. Showbiz isn't just abt acting or showing up on the scene. It's like signing up a c0ntract and being owned by s0me0ne for a period of time. Will may n0t have been sure of suicide squad's producti0n date so he went to clear his plate.

see how you just found a way to sneak in change in production dates...why didn't it affect Elba or the other guys?? Or is will the only busy actor in Hollywood??

I'm not holding anything against will I just know he will surely jump on the next one

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:17pm On Sep 14, 2019
Minemrys:

I understand what you are saying and agree that it depends on which film he signed on first. However, till date no recent info on Bright2 as the production status too has been changing for some reasons unknown.

So, saying that will smith may not have been sure of SS production date is not a valid excuse as Bright2 does not have any clear production date as at now.

The only point i might accept is that it depends on which movie contract he signed first which we might not know between SS2 and Bright2
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:19pm On Sep 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

see how you just found a way to sneak in change in production dates...why didn't it affect Elba or the other guys?? Or is will the only busy actor in Hollywood??

I'm not holding anything against will I just know he will surely jump on the next one

Infact eh, i still wonder...but i am still watching and giving will smith a benefit of a doubt
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 10:38pm On Sep 14, 2019
So, i watched the Titans and as usual it was epic.

The one problem i have at the moment is the distance between Raven and Gar.

They should not kill off their romantic relationship o..

Thats one of their selling point in season 1

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by AntiMCU: 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Infact eh, i still wonder...but i am still watching and giving will smith a benefit of a doubt

Maybe the script was written in such a way that doesn't make Will Smith look cool.

Will Smith might be a star, but his acting range is fucking questionable.

Dude didn't even wear the deadshot mask for one second in the first film compared to Karl Urban in Dredd3D.

My take.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

He should keep taking care of that sexy bod...he was one of the bright spots in suicide squad (pun intended)

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I know it isnt about the money, but i have checked his schedule from the net, he is free for the SS2 which is slated to start production this September. He didnt just want to be in it.

Am glad Alladin made a billion or else, he would have been mostly blamed for the failure.

grin grin grin grin
True bro...
Na only am sabi why he no wan do again.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 11:13pm On Sep 14, 2019
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:18pm On Sep 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

I understand what you are saying and agree that it depends on which film he signed on first. However, till date no recent info on Bright2 as the production status too has been changing for some reasons unknown.

So, saying that will smith may not have been sure of SS production date is not a valid excuse as Bright2 does not have any clear production date as at now.

The only point i might accept is that it depends on which movie contract he signed first which we might not know between SS2 and Bright2
that's what am saying. What if his c0ntract for bright included the sequel btw a certain period of time? And d0n't forget, this isn't a suicide squad sequel. Assume Smith's availability for a squad sequel clashed with his schedule? Or wait, maybe the man just needed the time off? Or perhapz he couldn't c0mbine bad boys pr0m0ti0n with filming for an0ther m0vie that clashes at that time frame? All i can say is, will smith aint regretting shite.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:26pm On Sep 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

what am saying is, we all d0n't kn0w why smith passed on the role. N0w, m0st actors d0n't like signing for tinx that keep changing, or c0mbining filming schedule with pr0m0ti0n. Fr0m what i can see, bad boys pr0m0ti0n may clash with TSS filming. Add to resh0ots. There are variances for why smith didn't sign up. Perhapz his wage bill was high and the studio wanted to do this one without him. We never can tell. Will maybe occupied; either with film pr0jects or pers0nal issues. We can't judge and say he made a mistake or he'll regret it or whatever. We d0n't kn0w the whole st0ry just what the media says.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:29pm On Sep 14, 2019
Minemrys:

what am saying is, we all d0n't kn0w why smith passed on the role. N0w, m0st actors d0n't like signing for tinx that keep changing, or c0mbining filming schedule with pr0m0ti0n. Fr0m what i can see, bad boys pr0m0ti0n may clash with TSS filming. Add to resh0ots. There are variances for why smith didn't sign up. Perhapz his wage bill was high and the studio wanted to do this one without him. We never can tell. Will maybe occupied; either with film pr0jects or pers0nal issues. We can't judge and say he made a mistake or he'll regret it or whatever. We d0n't kn0w the whole st0ry just what the media says.

When I said regret I didn't mean he will face any repercussions or anything like that...I meant just a finger biting "oh Shiiit I should have done this" moment cos of how awesome the movie will turn out to be
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 11:35pm On Sep 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

When I said regret I didn't mean he will face any repercussions or anything like that...I meant just a finger biting "oh Shiiit I should have done this" moment cos of how awesome the movie will turn out to be
m0st act0rs d0n't care abt that kinda shites. If it aint winning them oscar or m0ney, they d0n't care abt the ratings. Only s0me0ne like Affleck does.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 11:35pm On Sep 14, 2019
https://www.refinery29.com/amp/en-gb/2019/09/8411843/joker-violence-racist-movie-reaction

More insight into the hatred and backlash against the Joker film.
Apparently critics don't hate Joker because of film-making reasons, their reason is something entirely different and ridiculous

See link above for the full article..

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 15, 2019
The hulk is back !!!!! grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 15, 2019
TheKingIsHere, pu7pl3, minemrys
The best movie in 2019 has 76% on RT, what is going on please? cry cry
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 15, 2019
BlackManta:
https://www.refinery29.com/amp/en-gb/2019/09/8411843/joker-violence-racist-movie-reaction

More insight into the hatred and backlash against the Joker film.
Apparently critics don't hate Joker because of film-making reasons, their reason is something entirely different and ridiculous

See link above for the full article..
wow the reasons are ridiculous, but this can't affect the movie performance after winning the most recognized movie awards grin

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 15, 2019
pu7pl3:

but remember DCEU movies has good track records when it comes to massive box office failures grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 15, 2019
pu7pl3:

You don't know how powerful swamp thing is ma nigga

Watch justice League dark animation and read some of his solo comics he is a power house
swamp thing is not a power house. Read his solo comics
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 15, 2019
pu7pl3:

The villain was destiny,swamp thing almost gave him a run for his money and that is a really huge thing but the animation needed etrigan to shine...when you understand power levels you will be able to fathom

Read the comics for more insight,swamp thing is elemental with vast powers it's crazy...animations just graze through and characters like swamp thing can be overlooked most times
still swamp thing is not that powerful
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 15, 2019
BlackManta:
Critics on Disney's payroll. cheesy

She didn't just praise the worst MCU movie, she rated it 5/5 cheesy
And then lambasted Joker...a film that named best film at Venice Film Festival cheesy
Disney's foot soldiers are at war with the Joker film...no wonder the score on Rotten Tomatoes have been dropping cheesy
worst MCU movie according to you. undecided

Venice film festival awards are bigger and more recognized than the Oscars grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (637) (638) (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) ... (1549) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free? / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.