Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1234042 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by phr0nesis(m): 1:38pm On Oct 14, 2019
hulk616:
No problem but the joker is trash grin
I haven't watched it yet. I may or may not enjoy it. I won't just let my sentiment for DC cloud my judgment. After all I condemned SHAZAM here even when everyone was praising it
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2019
phr0nesis:

I haven't watched it yet. I may or may not end enjoy it. I won't just let my sentiment for DC cloud my judgment. After all I condemned SHAZAM here even when everyone was praising it
thats good. i advise you not to waste your money watching it in cinemas grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:51pm On Oct 14, 2019
Vic2Ree:

I guess Winter Soldier did not just have the complexity and maturity of Shazam

Wow, comparing a CBM about an enhanced soldier to a CBM about children with superpowers.

Define risk. MCU Phase 1 was a risk. AntMan was a risk. GOTG likewise.

The MCU phase 1 was not a major risk. This is just a Disney formula that was introduced into marvel. Same thing was done into star wars. If you want to talk about risk, then you mention Sony's venom. That was a huge risk doing an antihero movie. I also agree that GOTG was a major risk.

I think Infinity War proves that being "monotonous" can be a strength more than a weakness. Otherwise, it should have flopped tonewise if all the characters being juggled were all tonally abstract from each other. See BVS for reference.

Lol, being monotonous is no strength as overtime people already know what to expect. That's why Disney has to add a dead and buried tony stark in a dead black widow movie because they are afraid that it might not do so well. That's is one of the disadvantage of being "monotonous" over time. As for BVS, we all know that it wasn't the best

In as much as the MCU has a formula, i could still argue that,

First Avenger= war movie

Ant Man= heist movie (like Ocean's Eleven)

Winter Soldier= Bourne-esque spy film

Guardians= space adventure (like Star wars)

MCU movies in my opinion are various genres that just happen to be CBMs

At the end the so called spy, space adventure, war movie ended up being comedic. That's why they are now considered as theme park movies.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2019
hulk616:
i support you for what they did to hulk. because i deserve a rematch with thanos angry angry

Am glad that you finally agree with me on this.

Hulk deserved a rematch with thanos in endgame, and even if he still gets beaten by thanos, he would be regarded as strong and brave and not regarded as a coward.

Unfortunately, Disney had other plans
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 1:56pm On Oct 14, 2019
Vic2Ree:

Did you by chance read the original 60s Hulk comics? Ragnarok's version of Hulk was easily the best film version to date. A lot of people loved him. The way he started punching himself in the quinjet was kind of emotional to be honest. It was if Banner and Hulk were punching themselves, a great way to relate to Stan Lee's original ideas surrounding one's self worthlesness.

At the end of the day, to each his own. But its pretty weird to take one person's opinion as justification for the supposed objectivity of yours. It's called confirmation bias.

Okay
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Vic2Ree(m): 2:13pm On Oct 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Wow, comparing a CBM about an enhanced soldier to a CBM about children with superpowers.
My apologies if the comparison irked you. I'm just bored of every Joe talking about the "MCU" and I'm just wondering what the "DCEU" has done that makes it any more better.

The MCU phase 1 was not a major risk
Like I said, you have to define risk. Marvel in 2008 had only their unknowns to make movies with. Just look up on the history of the first Iron Man. Not to mention RDJ was one of the most derided actors at the time.

being monotonous is no strength as overtime people already know what to expect.
Homecoming wasn't much different tonally from other MCU films. But no expected the Vulture to turn out as Liz's dad.

At the end the so called spy, space adventure, war movie ended up being comedic.
So? That's just a recurring feature. It's still different genres or inspirations.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 2:56pm On Oct 14, 2019
hulk616:
you have not posted any thing bookmarkable undecided
hahaha u bo0kmarked my c0mment of joker hitting 650mill.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Am glad that you finally agree with me on this.

Hulk deserved a rematch with thanos in endgame, and even if he still gets beaten by thanos, he would be regarded as strong and brave and not regarded as a coward.

Unfortunately, Disney had other plans
thanos cannot beat hulk without IG but the director did the opposite undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 14, 2019
Vic2Ree:

My apologies if the comparison irked you. I'm just bored of every Joe talking about the "MCU" and I'm just wondering what the "DCEU" has done that makes it any more better.

Like I said, you have to define risk. Marvel in 2008 had only their unknowns to make movies with. Just look up on the history of the first Iron Man. Not to mention RDJ was one of the most derided actors at the time.

Homecoming wasn't much different tonally from other MCU films. But no expected the Vulture to turn out as Liz's dad.

So? That's just a recurring feature. It's still different genres or inspirations.
you are making lot of sense today. I m honestly taking notes of your important points grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

There is always that one person

A movie where the actor played the character to perfection that you would even begin to believe the actor is crazy for real,a movie that will question your psychology,a movie that systematically and slowly depicted a perfect decent into madness is what you say is overjoyed...

Next thing now you would say it's DC fans that are blindly over hyping it and that you can't be that biased in your life...I'm waiting
fan boy,

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 3:10pm On Oct 14, 2019
pu7pl3:

There is always that one person

A movie where the actor played the character to perfection that you would even begin to believe the actor is crazy for real,a movie that will question your psychology,a movie that systematically and slowly depicted a perfect decent into madness is what you say is overjoyed...

Next thing now you would say it's DC fans that are blindly over hyping it and that you can't be that biased in your life...I'm waiting
go and see "my name is Khan". Dont come and do as if phonex did something any other actor hasn't done b4.. yeah his acting was very nice. But the movie has no wow factor..... Take it or leave it I really don't care abt ur opinion

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2019
Vic2Ree:

Your comparison didn't irk me rather it disappointed me. You can't be comparing oranges to apple and vice versa.

I agree with you here.

This is as a result of Sony's idea NOT Disney. Disney rarely do such

I am glad you agree that it is a recurring feature. When something/feature reoccurs, it is also know to be repetitious which still means monotonous and buttress what I have been saying
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 3:40pm On Oct 14, 2019
hulk616:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
this thread will burn if joker does not make a billion dollars
lol. s0me of us just want to watch the world burn.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blackspider: 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2019
hulk616:

1. hahaha is hulk smart before?

2.1. Drax was not popular before GOTG, but now he is popular, so Disney did not destroy his character
2.2. Thor popularity and comicbooks sales has increased after her movies. so Disney did not destroy his character.
2.3. Thanos became the best villian ever before of infinity war and endgame. so Disney did not destroy his character
2.4. Spider-Man this must be a joke undecided, so Disney did not destroy his character
2.5. Loki another joke, so Disney did not destroy his character
2.6. etc, so Disney did not destroy his character
Hulk was not smart, but he was not stupid either.

Did you just say Thanos is the best villain ever? grin cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blackspider: 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2019
hulk616:
hahahahahahahahah grin grin grin grin
you are changing mouth from no orign story to concept of origin story grin
The joker has no origin story.

Do you know what origin story is? undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blackspider: 4:44pm On Oct 14, 2019
Vic2Ree:

Out of curiousity, how many Hulk comics have you read?
The ones that doesn't bore the hell out of me and I can tell you, they aren't that much grin grin grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Vic2Ree(m): 4:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

Your comparison didn't irk me rather it disappointed me. You can't be comparing oranges to apple and vice versa.
OK. If you say so.

This is as a result of Sony's idea NOT Disney. Disney rarely do such
I'm pretty sure the 2015 contract required that Disney had FULL creative control over Spiderman films in the MCU while Sony handled distribution. Do you have evidence that a Sony executive initiated that plot twist?

Anyways, what of Nick Fury's appearance at the end of Iron Man? Or Thanos at the end of Avengers 1?

I am glad you agree that it is a recurring feature. When something/feature reoccurs, it is also know to be repetitious which still means monotonous and buttress what I have been saying
I still fail to see how any of this is bad though. Humor is a very trivial detail in MCU films. If anything, it has only kept fans more engaged with the subtle references, easter eggs and whatnot.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Vic2Ree(m): 4:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
Blackspider:
The ones that doesn't bore the hell out of me and I can tell you, they aren't that much grin grin grin
I guess that answers the question then. You're clearly not a fan of the Hulk. But if that's the case, how then do you judge his portrayal in the movies as being bad if you're not too familiar with the source materials?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blackspider: 5:40pm On Oct 14, 2019
Vic2Ree:

I guess that answers the question then. You're clearly not a fan of the Hulk. But if that's the case, how then do you judge his portrayal in the movies as being bad if you're not too familiar with the source materials?
The one's I have read, the animations I have seen are different from the live action adaptation
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2019
Blackspider:
Hulk was not smart, but he was not stupid either.

Did you just say Thanos is the best villain ever? grin cheesy
mindless beast undecided
Like I said before you don't read comics

Yes that's a fact
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 14, 2019
Blackspider:
The joker has no origin story.

Do you know what origin story is? undecided
hahahahaha grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2019
Minemrys:

lol. s0me of us just want to watch the world burn.
but y0u are t0o weak to do it. grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 14, 2019
Skseries:
go and see "my name is Khan". Dont come and do as if phonex did something any other actor hasn't done b4.. yeah his acting was very nice. But the movie has no wow factor..... Take it or leave it I really don't care abt ur opinion
Indian movie grin grin grin grin
That's movie is fantastic , that's movie deserve an Oscar more than trashy joker
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2019
Blackspider:
hahahahahah what a joke
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 5:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
I AM HAPPY FOR THE JOKER.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blackspider: 6:39pm On Oct 14, 2019
hulk616:
hahahahaha grin
Okay, nice talk. When you know what origin story is come back grin
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blackspider: 6:40pm On Oct 14, 2019
hulk616:
hahahahahah what a joke
I don't remember quoting you
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blackspider: 6:44pm On Oct 14, 2019
hulk616:
mindless beast undecided

Yes that's a fact
So the hulk of avengers could not be controlled?

The hulk in Ragnarok was mindless?

You seriously need to check what the meaning of mindless beast is.

Thanos is nowhere near the greatest villain of all time. Even Dr Doom and Norman Osbourne is better villain than someone obsessed over a woman in the marvel universe.

Cheap copy of Darkseidgrin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:54pm On Oct 14, 2019
Skseries:

So because other actors have performed as good as phoenix did in this movie automatically means that the movie is overhyped..can you hear yourself?

Bring yourself out of your body and listen to yourself...

Wow factor grin grin the movie is R-rated bruh if you can't understand R-rated movies and grasp important captivating stuff then don't watch it....nobody gives a fvck about your own opinion either even the movie critics are eating their words so who the fvck are you?

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
Vic2Ree:

I'm pretty sure the 2015 contract required that Disney had FULL creative control over Spiderman films in the MCU while Sony handled distribution. Do you have evidence that a Sony executive initiated that plot twist?
According to wikipedia, Sony retains creative control over spiderman movies NOT disney. You can check out the attachment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man:_Homecoming

Anyways, what of Nick Fury's appearance at the end of Iron Man? Or Thanos at the end of Avengers 1?
And it was getting predictable because we all knew that Nick fury will appear at a point. Thats another disadvantage of being monotonous.

I still fail to see how any of this is bad though. Humor is a very trivial detail in MCU films. If anything, it has only kept fans more engaged with the subtle references, easter eggs and whatnot.
There is nothing wrong with humour, and i undersatnd MCU needs humour to keep fans happy, but making everything a joke or humorous is an issue.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2019
Skseries:
fan boy,

yes I'm a fan but I don't know what the hell you doing here if you not a fan

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 6:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
philfearon:
I AM HAPPY FOR THE JOKER.

We all are. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.