Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (968) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1226770 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 12:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
Minemrys:

n0w, here's what i d0n't get. Is pattins0n meant to be a younger versi0n of ben affleck's batman? Or just a recast?
And now that is a question only WB can answer, I’d prefer if it’s a recast, and have Affleck come back to play Thomas Wayne if they would ever do a flashpoint movie
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 6:29pm On Mar 04, 2020
UPDATE:

No time to die, the upcoming James Bond movie has been postponed from April to November 2020 as fears of the coronavirus spread can affect movie BO performance this year.

2 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 6:31pm On Mar 04, 2020
TheKingIsHere:
No time to die, the upcoming James Bond movie has been postponed from April to November 2020 as fears of the coronavirus spread can affect movie BO performance this year.

Some countries like China, Italy etc has banned most public outting in a way to curb the spread of the virus.

This will severely affect some CBM performance if the virus is not contained very soon. My simple advice, lower your BO expectations for an movie or CBM this year
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 7:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
Watch out Mr J

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:34pm On Mar 04, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Watch out Mr J

Have you seen the Batmobile Reeves posted on twitter just now?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BankyGee(m): 8:00pm On Mar 04, 2020
pu7pl3:

Please, post the pics
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
BankyGee:

Please, post the pics

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BankyGee(m): 8:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
[quote author=pu7pl3 post=87170591][/quote]

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 9:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
pu7pl3:

Oh yes! cheesy grin

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 9:44pm On Mar 04, 2020

Did Dominic Torreno build that car cheesy cheesy

It looks like something from Fast and Furious

Me likey cool
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:33pm On Mar 04, 2020

In what year is this movie set?
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 10:41pm On Mar 04, 2020
Raalsalghul:

No one knows for sure, maybe when they drop a teaser/trailer we’d know
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 11:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
No one knows for sure, maybe when they drop a teaser/trailer we’d know

I hope for this Batmobile's sake that the film is set in 1982. undecided

Say what you want about Snyder, but his Batmobile was dope. smiley
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 8:41am On Mar 05, 2020
Raalsalghul:

I don't know for sure, I was hearing early 2000's
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 2:52pm On Mar 05, 2020
BlackManta:

Did Dominic Torreno build that car cheesy cheesy

It looks like something from Fast and Furious

Me likey cool

I get F&F vibes looking at that sport car.

Damn!! That looks like its going to be the fastest Batmobile right now

3 Likes

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 3:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Oh yes! cheesy grin

Hell yeah!!!

Matt Reeves knows what he is doing, I give him that cool

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 4:04pm On Mar 05, 2020
What happened to birds of Prey ? Lazarus pit man , report !!!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TBrown77(m): 4:15pm On Mar 05, 2020
I AM A FAN OF FOREIGN FILMS AND I AM KNEELING LOOKING FOR A FILM TITLED THE NEGOTIATOR BY SAMUEL L JACKSON. I WILL APPRECIATE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME WITH THIS FILM AND ALSO ANY TERRORIST ATTACK FILM RELATED. 

THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS
WHATSAPP ME 0.8.0.2.3.5.2.3.2.1.3

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 5:33pm On Mar 05, 2020
Afobear:
What happened to birds of Prey ? Lazarus pit man , report !!!

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 5:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
[quote author=Raalsalghul post=87193738][/quote]

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 5:56pm On Mar 05, 2020
[quote author=Afobear post=87194291][/quote]

Afobear, stop laughing please.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Afobear: 6:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Afobear, stop laughing please.

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Gmajor(m): 7:13pm On Mar 05, 2020
So, I just saw Birds Of Prey yesterday and I must say that I was shocked and surprised.
I has already made up my mind that the movie was going to be beyond terrible because :
a) Suicide Squad is easily the worst DCEU movie (seconded only by Shazam) and I thought that anything spawned from SS will be equally as bad.
b) I never really liked Harley Quinn in SS. in that movie she was extremely annoying and cringy, and I certainly did not want to see almost two hours of such a character.
c) I did not like the trailer for Birds of Prey

However, when I saw the movie, I was blown away. It's no master piece, but it's a really entertaining movie.
I really liked Harley Quinn here as opposed to in SS.
some people say that the villain is one note caricature of men and is not compelling in any way, but I don't agree. I really liked his quirky and unhinged nature. I also liked his right hand man.
The fight scenes and action sequences were well done and the cinematography was competent.
The story is entertaining but averagish.

I've heard some people say that they would have wanted to see more of the birds of prey in this movie (since the movie was titled BOP) but I don't quite agree. I don't really care much for the BOP's and I thing the movie would have sucked if the BOP had more screen time together.

The acting of the little Chinese(?) girls was touch and go. Sometimes she's good, other times she sucks. But all the other characters were competent actors.

It's such a shame that this movie did not do that well financially. It really deserved better that what it is getting at the box Office. And I think this is mainly due to:
I) being a spin-off of a very trashy movie.
II) having BOP as a title instead of being called Harley Quinn and the Birds of prey. Seriously, no one knows or cares about BOP so why make it the title?
III) fragile men who see every movie with a female lead as feminist propaganda and as such, they'll dislike the movie no matter what.
IV) having an unnecessary R-rating. Seriously the R-rating in the movie didn't really add much to it. This movie could have really resonated well with a younger audience if they had dialed down on the F bombs and made the violence more PG.

I'll rate the movie 6.5/10. It's enjoyable, funny and entertaining.

Sorry for the typos. I know say them go plenty.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 7:41pm On Mar 05, 2020
Gmajor:
So, I just saw Birds Of Prey yesterday and I must say that I was shocked and surprised.
I has already made up my mind that the movie was going to be beyond terrible because :
a) Suicide Squad is easily the worst DCEU movie (seconded only by Shazam) and I thought that anything spawned from SS will be equally as bad.
b) I never really liked Harley Quinn in SS. in that movie she was extremely annoying and cringy, and I certainly did not want to see almost two hours of such a character.

However, when I saw the movie, I was blown away. It's no master piece, but it's a really entertaining movie.
some people say that the villain is one note caricature of men and is not compelling in any way, but I don't agree. I really liked his quirky and unhinged nature. I also liked his right hand man.
The fight scenes and action sequences were well done and the cinematography was competent.

I've heard some people say that they would have wanted to see more of the birds of prey in this movie (since the movie was titled BOP) but I don't quite agree. I don't really care much for the BOP's and I thing the movie would have sucked if the BOP had more screen time together.

The acting of the little Chinese(?) girls was touch and go. Sometimes she's good, other times she sucks. But all the other characters were competent actors.

It's such a shame that this movie did not do that well financially. It really deserved better that what it is getting at the box Office. And I think this is mainly due to:
II) having BOP as a title instead of being called Harley Quinn and the Birds of prey. Seriously, no one knows or cares about BOP so why make it the title?
III) fragile men who see every movie with a female lead as feminist propaganda and as such, they'll dislike the movie no matter what.
IV) having an unnecessary R-rating. Seriously the R-rating in the movie didn't really add much to it. This movie could have really resonated well with a younger audience if they had dialed down on the F bombs and made the violence more PG.

The typos no plenty

[img]https://media./images/b01f155c74ee62a67c4a372072198f5a/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:31pm On Mar 05, 2020
Gmajor:

i disagree with u on the Shazam part. Your opini0n though.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TheKingIsHere: 8:57pm On Mar 05, 2020
Gmajor:

BOP is a wonderful movie, but unfortunately, the R-rating was the major issue IMO.

After watching it, there was no need to make it r-rated because of f-bombs which could have been avoided, as a lot of movie goers would have watched it.

I guess WB wanted HQ to have her own R-rated movie, since Joker did it and made a billion..

Well, we move on
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Skseries: 9:09pm On Mar 05, 2020
Raalsalghul:

I hope for this Batmobile's sake that the film is set in 1982. undecided

Say what you want about Snyder, but his Batmobile was dope. smiley
yeah, and to think it was actually built for real, even Christian bale's little wonder I just love batman
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:14am On Mar 06, 2020
TheKingIsHere:

BOP is a wonderful movie, but unfortunately, the R-rating was the major issue IMO.

After watching it, there was no need to make it r-rated because of f-bombs which could have been avoided, as a lot of movie goers would have watched it.

I guess WB wanted HQ to have her own R-rated movie, since Joker did it and made a billion..

Well, we move on
there were lots of scenes aside the F b0mbs that'd have required an R rating had the F b0mbs n0t been used. BVS had just an F b0mb but the extended cut was R rated. X men first class had an F b0mb but that one was PG 13.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Nickshrapnel: 9:55pm On Mar 06, 2020
grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by pu7pl3(m): 11:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by kushercain: 7:47am On Mar 07, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
grin grin

Loolz more like the furious bat
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by phr0nesis(m): 10:34am On Mar 07, 2020
Birds of prey was a total waste of time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.