Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,307 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

A Question We All Forgot ?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question We All Forgot ?? (1188 Views)

A Question From Seun To Atheists, Christians And Muslims / A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members / A Question To Atheists Who Believe In Evolution. Help me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question We All Forgot ?? by johnydon22(m): 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ok just this afternoon, i was reading a pdf version of the gilgemesh flood story..
i.e: The gilgemesh flood story is a mesopotamian flood myth that predates that of noah (jews) and manu (hindhu) ...Scholars have it that these other stories were copied from it...

Ok back to the thread, as i was reading a question popped in.

[size=20] Yeah a global flood was happening, so nobody else had a boat or what Only Ziusuldra or noah did [/size]

Cc DProDG Davien theAtheist101 Frank317 MrPresident Pr0ton finofaya

and i found this meme on twitter smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by Rilwayne001: 5:30pm On Apr 17, 2015
^^

Maybe
Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by LadyRotex(f): 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
They might have gotten on boats but I guess no watercraft could save them from the wrath of God. Noah's ark was built specifically to withstand the rigors of the flood and he was also under God's protection.
Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hmm, funny. God must have destroyed other boats, but Noah's.
Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by frank317: 6:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
Or perhaps they got boat they died of hunger and extreme cold
Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
There are several good treatments of this subject at other websites, for example, see this from the National Center for Science Education (NCSE): The Impossible Voyage of Noah’s Ark, and also this from TalkOrigins: Problems with a Global Flood. But here we’ll give you our own humble list. Due the the subject matter, it won’t be remarkably original:

Number 10: Where’s the Ark? Surely, the survivors of such an expedition would have remembered the location of the Ark. It’s hard to believe they wouldn’t have built a monument or something — perhaps not as elaborate as one of the Pyramids, or even Stonehenge, but surely they would have done something to mark the resting place of the vessel that preserved them and all life on Earth. But we’re expected to believe that they just walked away and let the thing fade into oblivion.

Number 9: Why has Noah been forgotten? Except for those cultures that have been exposed to the tale of the Ark as found in the Old Testament, no other people on Earth remember the name of Noah — the father of us all. It is absurd in the greatest degree to think that nations which routinely preserve the names of their great kings, warriors, and heroes, have somehow forgotten about Noah, to the point where they don’t even remember his name or the fact that he once existed. [See also: Other Names for Noah?]

Number 8: Who was Noah’s wife? Somehow, the mother of all mankind remains unnamed in Genesis. Not only that, but the wives of Noah’s sons are also unnamed. Again, this is an absurdity. There are non-scriptural texts that provide names for such people, but they are all in disagreement as to what those names were. See Wives aboard Noah’s Ark.

Number 7: Conditions aboard the Ark were unsurvivable. We have previously estimated that they were at least ten times worse than the accommodations aboard a slave ship. See How Horrible Was Life Aboard Noah’s Ark? For our comparison of Noah’s waste removal problems with the similar task faced by Hercules in cleaning the Augean stables, see Waste Disposal on Noah’s Ark.

Number 6. Biogeography is all wrong. If every species of animal on Earth radiated out from the landing site of the Ark, today’s living varieties and their fossilized ancestors should reveal that pattern of dispersal. But as Darwin observed on his round-the-world voyage on the Beagle, the actual distribution of animal life is quite different. See chapters 11 and 12 of Origin of Species here.

Number 5: Where is the evidence of universal population bottlenecks? Except for a few species known to have recently recovered from near extinction, animal life on Earth shows far too much genetic diversity to be descended from only a pair of Ark-borne ancestors a few thousand years ago.

Number 4: What about the water? One of our readers (docbill) told us about this website: All Water On Earth As Sphere Compared To Size Of Earth. Enough water to cover the entire Earth to the height of the tallest mountains would require a much larger sphere of liquid. Where did that extra water come from, and more importantly — where did it go?

Number 3: What about Egypt? They have a written history that precedes, is co-existent with, and which continues uninterruptedly after the time of the Flood, yet somehow they were unaware of that catastrophic global event. The same is true for the Chinese and other cultures. How did a global Flood somehow ignore them, leaving their societies intact?

Number 2: The Earth’s geology is all wrong if there were a recent global flood. This topic is not only too large to explain here, but there’s also the limitation that your Curmudgeon isn’t a geologist. Nevertheless, we know that it was the development of geology that caused belief in the Flood to be discarded. We once posted briefly about one bit of geological evidence that clearly contradicts the Flood myth. See Can Noah’s Flood Explain Banded Iron Stripes?

And the Number One reason the Flood is mythology is: It didn’t work! We’re told that the purpose of the ghastly planet-killing exercise is that mankind was wicked. That’s the reason everything was cruelly destroyed — except for Noah, his righteous family, and their chosen menagerie. Okay, fine, but there’s one little detail — the whole business was a colossal futility! There is still wickedness in the world, which means the planetary slaughter was not only cruel beyond imagining, it was also stupid. But even a creationist would agree that such behavior is incompatible with the nature of God, so the only rational conclusion is that the Flood is a childish myth.

Source : https://sensuouscurmudgeon./2012/11/13/top-ten-reasons-noahs-flood-is-mythology/

3 Likes

Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by davien(m): 7:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
In reality such a boat is physically impossible because of buckling...skipping that....Why was Noah searching for dry land when the boat doesn't have any maneuvering capability? undecided

2 Likes

Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
frank317:
Or perhaps they got boat they died of hunger and extreme cold

So where is Noah's boat?

1 Like

Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by johnydon22(m): 7:27pm On Apr 17, 2015
the first problem is a ship of such size and length made of wood is unsailable talk more of withstanding such ocean or water tide carrying as much weight as it was. . . And how dah heck did the dude get the amount of food that could feed millions of species for months ..cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by finofaya: 8:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
Don't even start with Yahweh and his ways. Sometimes he is like Tom trying to trap Jerry with one of those over elaborate machines made of clocks, washing machines, fans, pressing irons, plates and knives, toy boats, ropes, safes etc. How convoluted is it to rid the planet of life by pouring water over it for 40 days, having a geriatric fellow build a massive boat by hand for about a 100 years (36525 days) before that and marching all the animals and plants and insects from the ends of the planet to wherever to be cooped up in the boat for another 365 days when you are omnipotent and can just say a word? It's almost as if he isn't sure when to use magic and when not to, cos he then appears to have used it to stop others from getting into boats so they wouldn't thwart the over elaboration. undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by isecreaman: 4:28am On Apr 18, 2015
you "Atheists are morons. All you have to do is "goo-goo-google your bulshit and you will find the truth behind your lies. As for Noah"s ark? Morons, it was found a long time ago so quit your pathetic claims to science because the smithsonian can't hide everything . Do I really need to start in on the fact of giants. Screw you atheists! You are not scientific art all! you are the epitome of anti science and what used to be common knowledge. Now to justify your liberal bullshit you have disregarded the truth and rationalize some sort of fairy tial. keep it to your selves your probably gay anyways and hopefully pro-creation is not possible with you.
Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by dabosuker(m): 5:11am On Apr 18, 2015
isecreaman:
you "Atheists are morons. All you have to do is "goo-goo-google your bulshit and you will find the truth behind your lies. As for Noah"s ark? Morons, it was found a long time ago so quit your pathetic claims to science because the smithsonian can't hide everything . Do I really need to start in on the fact of giants. Screw you atheists! You are not scientific art all! you are the epitome of anti science and what used to be common knowledge. Now to justify your liberal bullshit you have disregarded the truth and rationalize some sort of fairy tial. keep it to your selves your probably gay anyways and hopefully pro-creation is not possible with you.

please where & when was the Ark found am actually interested, not to discredit it, but for knowledge sake, I personally used to go with that Noah & planet Earth flood flow, but with my Education today, i don't really think it was a Global flood .
Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by johnydon22(m): 8:42am On Apr 18, 2015
isecreaman:

Lol. . . woow, what a show of emotional out burst!!!

No argument or refutation presented, just insults and a showcase of utmost
frustration. . . Why dont you bring the truth let us see, but you cant.

Don't let your frustration weigh you down please. . bring on the arguments not insults.

Meanwhile for the bolded... Its "at all" not "art all"

its "tale" not "tail" But wait a minute, who believes in fairy tales between us and you.

You think their is a sky fairy man with fairy flying messengers in the sky. . . its clear who believes in fairy-tales. smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by johnydon22(m): 8:45am On Apr 18, 2015
dabosuker:

please where & when was the Ark found am actually interested, not to discredit it, but for knowledge sake, I personally used to go with that Noah & planet Earth flood flow, but with my Education today, i don't really think it was a Global flood .

The Gilgamesh flood myth predates that of noah by thousands of years, and due to the almost same similarity and motif except for the names, it is common knowledge that the noah myth was copied from the gilgamesh myth which was more ancient and older just like the creation myth in genesis chapter 1 is a copy of mesopotamian enumaelish.(mesopotamian creation myth) Even the catholic encyclopedia says this.. smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 18, 2015
Someone is looking for attention
Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
isecreaman:

Where did you find your boat? You just came from nowhere to spew rubbish without any evidence. It shows your level of education.

The mythological boat was stated to rest on the mountains of Ararat in eastern Turkey. Various expenditures to the mountains have found no prove for the boat. So christians in there usual fashion, said the boat must be in another location.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Question We All Forgot ?? by Pr0ton: 3:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
johnydon22:
Ok just this afternoon, i was reading a pdf version of the gilgemesh flood story..
i.e: The gilgemesh flood story is a mesopotamian flood myth that predates that of noah (jews) and manu (hindhu) ...Scholars have it that these other stories were copied from it...

Ok back to the thread, as i was reading a question popped in.

[size=20] Yeah a global flood was happening, so nobody else had a boat or what Only gilgamesh or noah did [/size]

Cc DProDG Davien theAtheist101 Frank317 MrPresident Pr0ton finofaya

and i found this meme on twitter smiley

Since the purpose for the flood was to clear away wickedness...

He cleared babies and foetus - they were wicked.

He cleared animals too - they were wicked.

The plants couldn't have survived, so - they were wicked.

Boats too weren't available. They probably had been cleared - the Psycho thought they were wicked too. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Rcf Futa Gets New Female President As They Celebrate 28th Anniversary. / Shari'ah Intelligence Course In Lagos, Sep/oct By Dr. Jasser Auda(canada) / Audacity Movie (HD 2015)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.