Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members (2946 Views)

Mountain Of Fire Shows Satanic Dressing And ID Card To Hell Fire (Photos) / Mountain Of Fire Pastor Dupes A Widow In Lagos (Photos) / Mountain Of Fire 2017 Prophecies By Pastor Dr. D.K Olukoya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jan 02, 2017
I want to know the things that are not DEMONIC in this world so that I can avoid them.

If the celebration of Christ is now a demonic practice despite the fact that I go to church on the eve of Christmas and on the D-day to celebrate the birth of Christ and I often notice many people who never go to church throughout the year actually sober up and go to church to commemorate the birth of Christ, at what point does demon enter into the picture and which demon is being celebrated on Christmas day?

CC: lalasticlala, Mydn44, Seun
Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by thorpido(m): 8:09pm On Jan 02, 2017
Don't worry yourself.People in their ignorance just come up with all sorts.
We all know that Christmas day(Dec 25th) was chosen to replace the day that pagans worshipped their gods.Does that mean the worship of pagan gods is what Christians celebrate on Christmas day?
If a house was used to worship man-made gods and that house is taken over by a church,sanctified and used for church services,does that mean the Church is for pagan worship?
Jesus said He is the Lord of the sabbath.All days belong to Him and if the day celebrates Jesus,what is demonic about it?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Nutase: 8:25pm On Jan 02, 2017
grin
Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Omudia11: 8:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
I happen to be a member but everyone in my family celebrates Christmas except my eldest bro. He says he doesn't but still eats the Christmas meals. grin grin grin

So according to MFM church doctrine, the whole Christmas thing doesn't conform with Christianity and is completely pagan. They say it wasn't even originated by Christians.

As for me, i celebrate Christmas all the time. Nothing wrong in celebrating the birth of your Savior.

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Wilgrea7(m): 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
believe me... if you want to go by what people say, everything will be demonic... many normal things you can think of has been termed demonic

* watching tv
* wearing earrings (for women)
* wearing fashionable clothes
* having money
* plaiting hair(for women) and barbing style (for guys)
* breathing

not only mfm is guilty... many churches are
some of these things are bad when done to an extreme extent but in real sense aren't demonic.

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Martinez19(m): 9:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
Mfm, very stupid church. Despite all their rules, most of them are hypocrites and are wicked as shekau grin. Speaking from experience.

Don't forget their tribalism.

1 Like

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Splinz(m): 10:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
Pidgin2:
I want to know the things that are not DEMONIC in this world so that I can avoid them.

If the celebration of Christ is now a demonic practice despite the fact that I go to church on the eve of Christmas and on the D-day to celebrate the birth of Christ and I often notice many people who never go to church throughout the year actually sober up and go to church to commemorate the birth of Christ, at what point does demon enter into the picture and which demon is being celebrated on Christmas day?

CC: lalasticlala, Mydn44, Seun

Though I am no member of MFM, but you need to understand something here!

As a follower of Christ as you claimed, understand that you only get to follow your Master's footsteps and the examples He left for you (1 Peter 2:21). He said, "...If you continue in My word (not your own customs and traditions, Mark 7:cool, then are you My disciples indeed..." (John 8:31).

The questions are: On whose authority is the celebration of Christmas? Is it a commandment from Jesus whom you claimed to celebrate? Are you aware that you could be celebrating "another Jesus" (2 Cor. 11:4), since the true Jesus Christ never commanded the celebration of His birthday? Do you not know that those who keeps the traditions of men worships God in vain, (Mark 7:7)?

Understand! It is not in your place to make laws for God, no! That is God's prerogative- He fires the shot! You either do as He says or go your way! This is because "...it is not in man that walks to direct his steps" (Jeremaiah 10:23). Again, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are My ways your ways", declares the LORD (Isaiah 55:cool.

Here is the thing. Appropriating Christmas to God and polishing it for all you care will never change the fact that it is pagan in origin and remains a celebration of the heathens!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jan 02, 2017
Splinz:

As a follower of Christ as you claimed, understand that you only get to follow your Master's footsteps and the examples He left for you (1 Peter 2:21). He said, "...If you continue in My word (not your own customs and traditions, Mark 7:cool, then are you My disciples indeed..." (John 8:31).

The question are: On whose authority is the celebration of Christmas? Is it a commandment from Jesus whom you claimed to celebrate? Are you aware that you could be celebrating "another Jesus" (2 Cor. 11:4), since the true Jesus Christ never commanded the celebration of His birthday? Do you not know that those who keeps the traditions of men worships God in vain, (Mark 7:7)?

Understand! It is not in your place to make laws for God, no! That is God's prerogative- He fires the shot! You either do as He says or go your way! This is because "...it is not in man that walks to direct his steps" (Jeremaiah 10:23). Again, "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are My ways your ways", declares the LORD (Isaiah 55:cool.

Here is the thing! Appropriating Christmas to God and polishing it for all you care will never change the fact that it is pagan in origin and remains a celebration of the heathens!

I have a few questions for you

1) Did MFM compile the Bible they quote

2) Why do you celebrate Easter when it's not written in the Bible

3) So are we to conclude that December 25th will always be a day reserved for Idol worship irrespective of my sincere intention to worship God on that day

4) Are you trying to say that my worshipping God on December 25th is irrelevant and Jesus Christ will pay no attention to me because the day has been reserved for Idol worship by pagans or that Christ will ignore any form of homage paid to him on Dec 25th

5) What is the crime in changing a day dedicated to Idol worship into a Christian celebration, is the day forever cursed or should we all become pagans or celebrate their idols on that day

6) Explain Matthew 16:19

7) Am i to understand by your statement that we do not know the true Jesus? So pray tell who is this false Jesus that I might be worshipping and how come I am being accused of worshipping a false Jesus because I acknowledge the coming of my Savior

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by olasubomi007(m): 2:16am On Jan 03, 2017
Splinz:

The questions are: On whose authority is the celebration of Christmas? Is it a commandment from Jesus whom you claimed to celebrate? Are you aware that you could be celebrating "another Jesus" (2 Cor. 11:4), since the true Jesus Christ never commanded the celebration of His birthday? Do you not know that those who keeps the traditions of men worships God in vain, (Mark 7:7)?

Here is the thing. Appropriating Christmas to God and polishing it for all you care will never change the fact that it is pagan in origin and remains a celebration of the heathens!

You are just confused

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Omudia11: 2:43am On Jan 03, 2017
It is 2017, receive sense in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Martinez19:
Mfm, very stupid church. Despite all their rules, most of them are hypocrites and are wicked as shekau grin. Speaking from experience.

Don't forget their tribalism.

1 Like

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 03, 2017
Pidgin2:

3) So are we to conclude that December 25th will always be a day reserved for Idol worship irrespective of my sincere intention to worship God on that day

4) Are you trying to say that my worshipping God on December 25th is irrelevant and Jesus Christ will pay no attention to me because the day has been reserved for Idol worship by pagans or that Christ will ignore any form of homage paid to him on Dec 25th

5) What is the crime in changing a day dedicated to Idol worship into a Christian celebration, is the day forever cursed or should we all become pagans or celebrate their idols on that day

7) Am i to understand by your statement that we do not know the true Jesus? So pray tell who is this false Jesus that I might be worshipping and how come I am being accused of worshipping a false Jesus because I acknowledge the coming of my Savior

Is there any mountain of fire member that can answer these questions?
Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Splinz(m): 3:23pm On Jan 03, 2017
Pidgin2:

Firstly, I am not speaking for MFM here, I'm simply speaking the mind of God through His words.

But then, what is it that you know of Bible compilation- the Catholic? Hell no! That's a lie too nauseating!

Take for example. Moses recorded and compiled all five books of the Law (Pentateuch) during Israel’s 40 years in the wilderness. God obviously guided him to use pre-Flood documents and other sources to compile the book of Genesis.

Genesis, Exodus and Leviticus were written during the first years in the wilderness. Numbers was written as the continuous record of the journey. Of course, at the outset, Moses never anticipated the journey would last 40 years. The book of Deuteronomy was written during the very last months of the journey.

Just before his death, Moses presented to the priesthood of Israel the five books he had compiled and written (Deut. 31:9). These were stored in the sides of the Ark of the Covenant. Under authority of the high priest, scribes made copies of these scrolls.

All other books of the Old Testament were written by the prophets (major and minor), kings, e.g, king David who wrote and canonized much of the Psalms. David’s son Solomon also compiled and wrote the Proverbs.

Now, Ezra played a very crucial role. Ezra was the priest and scribe who gathered all the books and made the final canonization of the Hebrew Scriptures. Ezra 7:10 speaks this of him: “For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.”

Nehemiah, sent to be governor over Judea, assisted Ezra in restoring the true worship in Judea. These two men summoned all the Jewish leaders together to sign a special covenant that they would obey the laws of God (Neh. 10:28-39). However, the high priest Eliashib would not attend the gathering.

This meeting established the government mechanism in Judea known as the Great Assembly. Headed by Ezra, it included Nehemiah and all the principal priests and elders of Judea. Its 120 members also convened to establish which books were to be canonized. For some years, they assisted Ezra in this final canonization, including dividing the Old Testament’s 22 books into three major divisions. After Ezra’s death, the high priest was to preside over the Great Assembly. I could go on and on but for time and space.

And then the New Testament, written by Christ, the apostles and other disciples. Certain apostles canonized it. Notice the prophecy in Isaiah 8:13-17. So what exactly did the Catholic compiled and wrote?

It is not even important who compiled what! The most important thing is that the Scriptures were given by inspiration of God- He owns it- not the Catholic Church! (2 Timothy 3:16-17). The only thing the Catholic is known for is the infamous act of trying to pollute the Scriptures with 'The Apocrypha and Other Uncanonized Documents'. Which is why some of their translations contain the following books, called the Apocrypha: Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus, Baruch, and I and II Maccabees.

The word Apocrypha comes from the Greek and means “hidden” or “secret in origin.” In English, synonyms for apocryphal include words such as “unauthentic” and “ungenuine.” The very name of these books verifies their lack of authenticity!

The apocryphal writings do come from a mysterious beginning with a secret origin. With this in mind, notice the following comments in regard to the sharp contrast between the canonized Scriptures and apocryphal writings:

“Christianity as it springs from its Founder had no secret or esoteric teaching. It was essentially the revelation or manifestation of the truth of God.” The Apocryphal writings are further defined as “inconsistent elements existing side by side with the essential truths of Christianity” (Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th edit., Vol. 2).

Actually, there are hundreds of apocryphal writings, such as the “Gospel According to the Egyptians,” “Gospel of the Birth of Mary,” “The Apocalypse of the Virgin,” among so many others. Most all of the oldest known versions of apocryphal writing differ from each other. It is rare to find any two that are identical. And so on...

I am taking out time to address this misconception about the Catholics being the owners or compilers of the Bible! All of the Scriptures as canonized by God's servants are exclusively God's property- He alone owns it!

This statement is nothing but fallacy. You should have at least find out if I celebrate your Easter or not.

For your remaining questions, I'll do well to answer them when I'm less busy. Talk to you later.

2 Likes

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 03, 2017
Splinz:
Pidgin2:

Firstly, I am not speaking for MFM here, I'm simply speaking the mind of God through His words.

But then, what is it that you know of Bible compilation- the Catholic? Hell no! That's a lie too nauseating!

Take for example. Moses recorded and compiled all five books of the Law (Pentateuch) during Israel’s 40 years in the wilderness. God obviously guided him to use pre-Flood documents and other sources to compile the book of Genesis.

Genesis, Exodus and Leviticus were written during the first years in the wilderness. Numbers was written as the continuous record of the journey. Of course, at the outset, Moses never anticipated the journey would last 40 years. The book of Deuteronomy was written during the very last months of the journey.

Just before his death, Moses presented to the priesthood of Israel the five books he had compiled and written (Deut. 31:9). These were stored in the sides of the Ark of the Covenant. Under authority of the high priest, scribes made copies of these scrolls.

All other books of the Old Testament were written by the prophets (major and minor), kings, e.g, king David who wrote and canonized much of the Psalms. David’s son Solomon also compiled and wrote the Proverbs.

Now, Ezra played a very crucial role. Ezra was the priest and scribe who gathered all the books and made the final canonization of the Hebrew Scriptures. Ezra 7:10 speaks this of him: “For Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments.”

Nehemiah, sent to be governor over Judea, assisted Ezra in restoring the true worship in Judea. These two men summoned all the Jewish leaders together to sign a special covenant that they would obey the laws of God (Neh. 10:28-39). However, the high priest Eliashib would not attend the gathering.

This meeting established the government mechanism in Judea known as the Great Assembly. Headed by Ezra, it included Nehemiah and all the principal priests and elders of Judea. Its 120 members also convened to establish which books were to be canonized. For some years, they assisted Ezra in this final canonization, including dividing the Old Testament’s 22 books into three major divisions. After Ezra’s death, the high priest was to preside over the Great Assembly. I could go on and on but for time and space.

And then the New Testament, written by Christ, the apostles and other disciples. Certain apostles canonized it. Notice the prophecy in Isaiah 8:13-17. So what exactly did the Catholic compiled and wrote?

It is not even important who compiled what! The most important thing is that the Scriptures were given by inspiration of God- He owns it- not the Catholic Church! (2 Timothy 3:16-17). The only thing the Catholic is known for is the infamous act of trying to pollute the Scriptures with [b]'The Apocrypha and Other Uncanonized Documents'. Which is why some of their translations contain the following books, called the Apocrypha: Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus, Baruch, and I and II Maccabees.

The word Apocrypha comes from the Greek and means “hidden” or “secret in origin.” In English, synonyms for apocryphal include words such as “unauthentic” and “ungenuine.” The very name of these books verifies their lack of authenticity!

The apocryphal writings do come from a mysterious beginning with a secret origin. With this in mind, notice the following comments in regard to the sharp contrast between the canonized Scriptures and apocryphal writings:

“Christianity as it springs from its Founder had no secret or esoteric teaching. It was essentially the revelation or manifestation of the truth of God.” The Apocryphal writings are further defined as “inconsistent elements existing side by side with the essential truths of Christianity” (Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th edit., Vol. 2).

Actually, there are hundreds of apocryphal writings, such as the “Gospel According to the Egyptians,” “Gospel of the Birth of Mary,” “The Apocalypse of the Virgin,” among so many others. Most all of the oldest known versions of apocryphal writing differ from each other. It is rare to find any two that are identical. And so on...

I am taking out time to address this misconception about the Catholics being the owners or compilers of the Bible! All of the Scriptures as canonized by God's servants are exclusively God's property- He alone owns it!

This statement is nothing but fallacy. You should have at least find out if I celebrate your Easter or not.

For your remaining questions, I'll do well to answer them when I'm less busy. Talk to you later.

Thanks for your detailed response, however, you seemed to go off point too often.

Note the statements I emboldened. You said it is not important to recognize who compiled the bible? Why shouldn't we give credit to whom it is due, if it was left for your GO do you think the Bible would be compiled today? Ask yourself if the Nigerian church is focused on history and research or if the oldest pentecostal church in the world existed during the era when the Catholic Church was compiling the books of the Bible you read now. It took the R.C church decades to come up with the bible as it is now but we shouldn't applaud them for this because they are Catholics? This is ridiculous

You say the only thing the R.C church is known for is trying to pollute the Bible? Well was it your G.O who compiled the books of the Bible you read today, i'm asking again? If the Bible you read today is not polluted by your standard then give credit to R. C for compiling the books of the new and old testaments for you and your members to read while you all were still in the spirit realm.

Have you read the apocalypse books? If not then I wouldn't argue with you, go and read them then come back for discussion

You say Christian message has no secret? Then how come even the angels who recide with God didn't know about His plan of salvation because He kept it hidden from them, also meditate on proverbs 25:2.

1 Like

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Splinz(m): 8:47pm On Jan 03, 2017
Pidgin2:

Thanks for your detailed response, however, you seemed to go off point too often.

Note the statements I emboldened. You said it is not important to recognize who compiled the bible? Why shouldn't we give credit to whom it is due, if it was left for your GO do you think the Bible would be compiled today? Ask yourself if the Nigerian church is focused on history and research or if the oldest pentecostal church in the world existed during the era when the Catholic Church was compiling the books of the Bible you read now.

Why shouldn't the R. C be given credit for this?

You say the only thing the R.C church is known for is trying to pollute the Bible? Well was it your G.O who compiled the books of the Bible you read today, i'm asking again? If the Bible you read today is not polluted by your standard then give credit to R. C for compiling the books of the new and old testaments for you and your members to read while you all were still in the spirit realm.

Have you read the apocalypse books? If not then I wouldn't argue with you, go and read them then come back for discussion

You say Christian message has no secret? Then how come even the angels who recide with God didn't know His plan for salvation?

C'mon... you disappoint me a lot. Please where did you find from my submission that the Catholic Church compiled even a quarter of the Bible I know it's a bit lengthy, which is why you need to take your time in reading it again.

You do not need to be bias. You can't in all honesty turn blind eyes to what was obviously done by Moses and the rest of the prophets/kings, Jesus and the apostles. And so, if anyone was to be credited, these are the right people! But of course, this is not necessary.

And please, get something clear. I am not part of your mainstream 'Churchanity', nor anything you've ever known. So, when addressing me, do so to as an individual with no leaning to any G.O or whatever. Just so you know, this is my background: Matthew 4:4. Emphasis is on the "word".

I'm sorry, if this is how you'll be responding to me (with biases), I may not be able to answer your other remaining questions again.

PS: We have seen your apocalypse books for what they are- unauthentic books- corrupted! For if they were from God, He would have commanded His servants who compiled and canonized His Scriptures to also include them in His manual- the Bible!

1 Like

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jan 03, 2017
Splinz:

C'mon... you disappoint me a lot. Please where did you find from my submission that the Catholic Church compiled even a quarter of the Bible I know it's a bit lengthy, which is why you need to take your time in reading it again.

You do not need to be bias. You can't in all honesty turn blind eyes to what was obviously done by Moses and the rest of the prophets/kings, Jesus and the apostles. And so, if anyone was to be credited, these are the right people! But of course, this is not necessary.

And please, get something clear. I am not part of your mainstream 'Churchanity', nor anything you've ever known. So, when addressing me, do so to as an individual with no leaning to any G.O or whatever. Just so you know, this is my background: Matthew 4:4. Emphasis is on the "word".

I'm sorry, if this is how you'll be responding to me (with biases), I may not be able to answer your other remaining questions again.

PS: We have seen your apocalypse books for what they are- unauthentic books- corrupted! For if they were from God, He would have commanded His servants who compiled and canonized His Scriptures to also include them in His manual- the Bible!

The Canon of the bible(the final listing) was determined by Catholic bishops, fact!

1 Like

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by deli2dan: 11:00pm On Jan 03, 2017
abeg pidgin2
u don loose , just beg for forgiveness ;dis guy is well vest in d scripture. im suspecting him already but any way is points are very clear and i tink e is accurately correct. d catholic church az done more am to humanity dan good a notable example is d inqusition.... i pray God forgive dem for dat. dey dont even have d moral justification of claiming canonization of d bible instead dey try to hide d truth in Gods word d bible but God never allowed it

1 Like

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 03, 2017
deli2dan:
abeg pidgin2
u don loose , just beg for forgiveness ;dis guy is well vest in d scripture. im suspecting him already but any way is points are very clear and i tink e is accurately correct. d catholic church az done more am to humanity dan good a notable example is d inqusition.... i pray God forgive dem for dat. dey dont even have d moral justification of claiming canonization of d bible instead dey try to hide d truth in Gods word d bible but God never allowed it

Hahaha beg for what? ! The guy has been going off point since his first response he doesn't even know the difference between inspire and compile so what are you saying?

He has not given any reason why December 25th is a demonic day and why it should be reserved for Idol worship by pagans instead of celebrating Christ.

That said, no one can tell me who I worship because they cannot see my heart, the bible says the only way you can know a Wolf in sheep clothing is by the fruit they bear, the fellow knows absolutely nothing about the spiritual words of the bible rather he is using his Canal mind to explain things, only someone who does not ask the Holy Spirit for explanation will see things as he does

As for me I will celebrate Christmas from now till whenever God calls, if he and others like him want they can declare Dec 25th reserved for whatever reason they chose to, they can even ask those pagan sun worshippers to Carry on worshipping their Idols on that day because to them the day is now forever dedicated to pagans lol this is hilarious cheesy

I know I serve the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and I chose to commemorate his birth on that day so where does a demon enter the picture and what is hi name and identity if I may ask
Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Splinz(m): 12:48am On Jan 04, 2017
Pidgin2:

The Canon of the bible(the final listing) was determined by Catholic bishops, fact!

Of course, a fact only touted in the mouth or presented with distorted facts. It is no surprise anyways.

The Catholic Church from the beginning was built and is still sustained by lies and deceits. One of such great lie being claiming to be the true Church that Christ built (Matt. 16:18). These gigantic lies only sways the ignorance.

I have a little (though not little on the surface) problem with you, pidgin. You do not value nor based your beliefs on the holy Scriptures. You've bluntly ignored, like your church of allegiance, the numerous Scriptures quoted "for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness" (2 Tim. 3:16).

This is because you're more of self-righteousness (Romans 10:3) and traditions of men (Mark 7:cool which has always been exalted above the Scriptures by the Catholic church. These traditions undermines God's words and makes them of no value or little importance (verse 13). It is then no surprise why God decreed by divine fiat the keeping of these traditions as "vain worships" (Mark 7:7).

I tell you. If I were you as a supposed Christian- follower of Christ, I'd refrain from traditions of men such as Christmas, but rather "abide in His word that I may be His true disciple" (John 8:31).

1 Like

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Ken4Christ: 2:51am On Jan 04, 2017
MFN has no authority to condemn anyone celebrating Christmas because the Church itself is not founded on the teachings of Jesus.. They practice the Law of Moses which has been abolished and he has the audacity to say Christmas celebration is demonic.

The practices in his Church are actually what is demonic. All the fall and die prayers are completely demonic. The very name of the ministry is demonic. He should first put his house in order before condemning others.

1 Like

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 04, 2017
Splinz:

Of course, a fact only touted in the mouth or presented with distorted facts. It is no surprise anyways.

The Catholic Church from the beginning was built and is still sustained by lies and deceits. One of such great lie being claiming to be the true Church that Christ built (Matt. 16:18). These gigantic lies only sways the ignorance.

I have a little (though not little on the surface) problem with you, pidgin. You do not value nor based your beliefs on the holy Scriptures. You've bluntly ignored, like your church of allegiance, the numerous Scriptures quoted "for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness" (2 Tim. 3:16).

This is because you're more of self-righteousness (Romans 10:3) and traditions of men (Mark 7:cool which has always been exalted above the Scriptures by the Catholic church. These traditions undermines God's words and makes them of no value or little importance (verse 13). It is then no surprise why God decreed by divine fiat the keeping of these traditions as "vain worships" (Mark 7:7).

I tell you. If I were you as a supposed Christian- follower of Christ, I'd refrain from traditions of men such as Christmas, but rather "abide in His word that I may be His true disciple" (John 8:31).

Self righteousness is like a filty rag before God, let me ask you this, if the Catholic Church is built on lies why then has it been existing for several centuries till date and still waxing stronger, does anything based on lies and deceit withstand the test of time so how is it that R. C survives for centuries now based on a faulty foundation according to you?Read Acts 5:34

Throughout my previous posts I placed scripture verses for you to meditate on but since self righteness has eaten into your soul you have once again judged me as someone who doesn't value God's word. The church you boldly insult with lies and propaganda teach the scriptures on a daily basis to members but people like you will stand from afar and reign unfounded judgement based on your feelings and not actually reality

Go and read Acts 2 :43 - 47 was this not a tradition of the early believers to gather regularly as a group in the temple? Read what they regularly did during that period, is that not a tradition or what do you call a regular way of behavior of a particular group of people.

If you think that being a lone soldier of Christ will save you that's your call brethren but such a tradition is not godly be warned.

Acts 2:47 "Praising God and enjoying the good wil of the people and every day the Lord added to their group those who were being saved" Brethren if people gather to praise God and celebrate him on a particular day, it is not a crime, several unbelievers give their lives to Christ during this season because they like what we share and want to be part of it, don't be an agent of the devil who wants to steal and destroy.

Again I ask you to identify the demon behind the celebration of Jesus Christ on December 25th

1 Like

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Splinz(m): 6:37pm On Jan 04, 2017
Pidgin2:

Self righteousness is like a filty rag before God

Indeed. But ironically, filthy rags as you've rightly identified are what you practiced! Here's the proof as extracted from one of your posts:

I chose to commemorate his birth on that day

You see! Yours is all about what "you chose" and not what God chose for you. Interestingly enough, it was a wrong choice of this kind that puts man in this miserable state today (an attitude of, 'I am now a grown up and can now decide how to worship God without His dictates'). I'm talking of the choice made by our first parents in Eden (Genesis 3:6), where they established their own righteousness- deciding what is right according to their own ways and not according to God (see Jeremiah 10:23).

I believed you're aware of the consequences of their foolish action. Saddening and worrisome enough is the fact that you're yet to learn from their mistakes.

let me ask you this, if the Catholic Church is built on lies why then has it been existing for several centuries till date and still waxing stronger, does anything based on lies and deceit withstand the test of time so how is it that R. C survives for centuries now based on a faulty foundation according to you?

This question is akin to asking: "Why is Satan still waxing stronger by the day and not destroyed?". Whoever asked this kind of question knows nothing about biblical teachings, and must admit so.

So you know, your beloved R.C is at the very center of biblical prophecy- history written in advance. Perhaps it may interest you at this point to know that one-third of the Bible is prophecy, and over 80 percent of this future history is yet to be fulfilled. Awe-inspiring prophecies recorded long ago have been fulfilled. Others are now coming to pass. Still others are yet to occur.

Here's a question to ponder on: Why has R.C never talked of these prophecies despite such a staggering number of them in the Bible? Of course, that will be shooting itself on the foot, and they know this much.

So, they'll rather cherry-pick and recycled the same chapters and verses year in an out- selective and controlled teaching. They dare not delved into that part of the Bible called "Revelation". For as the name implies, this is where some of their true identity are revealed.

And so in answering your question here, your R.C is still till today because it shares the same destiny with Satan.

Throughout my previous posts I placed scripture verses for you to meditate on but since self righteness has eaten into your soul you have once again judged me as someone who doesn't value God's word.

You need more of those Scriptures more than I do. I do not judge you. But even if you're judged, you have that which judges you- the word (John 12:48). It is the word that exposes your hypocrisy, self-righteousness and disregard for God's plain commands.

The church you boldly insult with lies and propaganda teach the scriptures on a daily basis to members but people like you will stand from afar and reign unfounded judgement based on your feelings and not actually reality

I am sorry if you feel insulted. I wish I could sugar-coat these truths so you could swallow them. But no, the truth will always be bitter.

Yes. Of course, they teach you what you want to hear and not what you need to know. Again, this is no surprise at all. You can't give what you don't have anyways.

You're wrong. I am not speaking as one from afar. I speak as an insider that knows what you, your priests and even your pope combined will 'probably' never know. Please, this is no boasting. Believe that Satan deceives the whole world (Rev. 12:9), and that the mysteries of the kingdom of God are not revealed to the greatest of men but to babies (Matt. 11:25).

Go and read Acts 2 :43 - 47 was this not a tradition of the early believers to gather regularly as a group in the temple? Read what they regularly did during that period, is that not a tradition or what do you call a regular way of behavior of a particular group of people.

You're yet to understand what is being related in this passage and what Mark 7:8 called "traditions of men". Please note the difference:

Acts 2:43-47 depicts the early and true Church going about their normal services, while Mark is talking of self-righteousness- establishing doctrines or laws aside what God has commanded.

Fine! Lets assume you're right here. Please show me in the Scriptures where the Church kept your Christmas as a tradition.

If you think that being a lone soldier of Christ will save you that's your call brethren but such a tradition is not godly be warned.

Thank you for your warning. But, I am not a lone soldier (in fact, I'm not even His soldier yet) of Christ. Ours is what is called "little flock" (Luke 12:32). Now learn the lessons of Matthew 7:13-14. Marvel not. For I tell you, it is not about billions of members.

Brethren if people gather to praise God and celebrate him on a particular day, it is not a crime, several unbelievers give their lives to Christ during this season because they like what we share and want to be part of it, don't be an agent of the devil who wants to steal and destroy.

Of course, according to the wisdom of pidgin2: there's nothing wrong whichever way you worship God. It is so unfortunate that the import of Mark 7:7 is yet to sink into your understanding, despite repeated attempts.

Has it ever occurred to you that God has His own ways and has communicated those ways to us via His word? You have rightly said that your beloved Christmas is of pagan origin, but you must somehow drag that day with pagans (you must really like their ways) in celebrating "another Jesus" (2 Cor. 11:4). I said "another Jesus" since the One and only One we know of in the Scriptures never commands nor solicit for such celebration.

Again I ask you to identify the demon behind the celebration of Jesus Christ on December 25th

Very simple, though a mountain of stumbling block to you. Here: "Thus says the LORD: "Learn not the way of the heathen..." "For the customs of the peoples are false..." ( Jeremiah 10:2-3). Now, whether these celebrations are demonic or not, I don't care! All I know and stand firm on is the condemnation from the Great God of the universe that these traditions/ways/customs of the heathens are false!- worthless!- vain!

Finally, you can go ahead and keep your Christmas till you die, like you've said. But please, do not force it on God, because it is clear to whoever that cares to listen, that He abhorred your heathen ways!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by jnrbayano(m): 8:06pm On Jan 04, 2017
Splinz:

When Jesus gave authority to his church, what were the limits he gave also?

1 Like

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by jnrbayano(m): 8:24pm On Jan 04, 2017
Pidgin2:

Oh! I didn't read up to your sublime post.

Dear, you have asked all the questions there is to ask. I love this.
Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by jnrbayano(m): 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
Splinz:
Pidgin2:

It is not even important who compiled what! The most important thing is that the Scriptures were given by inspiration of God- He owns it- not the Catholic Church! (2 Timothy 3:16-17). The only thing the Catholic is known for is the infamous act of trying to pollute the Scriptures with 'The Apocrypha and Other Uncanonized Documents'. Which is why some of their translations contain the following books, called the Apocrypha: Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus, Baruch, and I and II Maccabees.

May I ask a very simple question to you.

How did you know there was a certain Paul who wrote to Timothy as you quoted (2Timothy 3:16-17)?
Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 04, 2017
Splinz:
Pidgin2:

Indeed. But ironically, filthy rags as you've rightly identified are what you practiced! Here's the proof as extracted from one of your posts:

You see! Yours is all about what "you chose" and not what God chose for you. Interestingly enough, it was a wrong choice of this kind that puts man in this miserable state today (an attitude of, 'I am now a grown up and can now decide how to worship God without His dictates'). I'm talking of the choice made by our first parents in Eden (Genesis 3:6), where they established their own righteousness- deciding what is right according to their own ways and not according to God (see Jeremiah 10:23).

I believed you're aware of the consequences of their foolish action. Saddening and worrisome enough is the fact that you're yet to learn from their mistakes.

This question is akin to asking: "Why is Satan still waxing stronger by the day and not destroyed?". Whoever asked this kind of question knows nothing about biblical teachings, and must admit so.

So you know, your beloved R.C is at the very center of biblical prophecy- history written in advance. Perhaps it may interest you at this point to know that one-third of the Bible is prophecy, and over 80 percent of this future history is yet to be fulfilled. Awe-inspiring prophecies recorded long ago have been fulfilled. Others are now coming to pass. Still others are yet to occur.

Here's a question to ponder on: Why has R.C never talked of these prophecies despite such a staggering number of them in the Bible? Of course, that will be shooting itself on the foot, and they know this much.

So, they'll rather cherry-pick and recycled the same chapters and verses year in an out- selective and controlled teaching. They dare not delved into that part of the Bible called "Revelation". For as the name implies, this is where some of their true identity are revealed.

And so in answering your question here, your R.C is still till today because it shares the same destiny with Satan.

You need more of those Scriptures more than I do. I do not judge you. But even if you're judged, you have that which judges you- the word (John 12:48). It is the word that exposes your hypocrisy, self-righteousness and disregard for God's plain commands.

I am sorry if you feel insulted. I wish I could sugar-coat these truths so you could swallow them. But no, the truth will always be bitter.

Yes. Of course, they teach you what you want to hear and not what you need to know. Again, this is no surprise at all. You can't give what you don't have anyways.

You're wrong. I am not speaking as one from afar. I speak as an insider that knows what you, your priests and even your pope combined will 'probably' never know. Please, this is no boasting. Believe that Satan deceives the whole world (Rev. 12:9), and that the mysteries of the kingdom of God are not revealed to the greatest of men but to babies (Matt. 11:25).

You're yet to understand what is being related in this passage and what Mark 7:8 called "traditions of men". Please note the difference:

Acts 2:43-47 depicts the early and true Church going about their normal services, while Mark is talking of self-righteousness- establishing doctrines or laws aside what God has commanded.

Fine! Lets assume you're right here. Please show me in the Scriptures where the Church kept your Christmas as a tradition.

Thank you for your warning. But, I am not a lone soldier (in fact, I'm not even His soldier yet) of Christ. Ours is what is called "little flock" (Luke 12:32). Now learn the lessons of Matthew 7:13-14. Marvel not. For I tell you, it is not about billions of members.

Of course, according to the wisdom of pidgin2: there's nothing wrong whichever way you worship God. It is so unfortunate that the import of Mark 7:7 is yet to sink into your understanding, despite repeated attempts.

Has it ever occurred to you that God has His own ways and has communicated those ways to us via His word? You have rightly said that your beloved Christmas is of pagan origin, but you must somehow drag that day with pagans (you must really like their ways) in celebrating "another Jesus" (2 Cor. 11:4). I said "another Jesus" since the One and only One we know of in the Scriptures never commands nor solicit for such celebration.

Very simple, though a mountain of stumbling block to you. Here: "Thus says the LORD: "Learn not the way of the heathen..." "For the customs of the peoples are false..." ( Jeremiah 10:2-3). Now, whether these celebrations are demonic or not, I don't care! All I know and stand firm on is the condemnation from the Great God of the universe that these traditions/ways/customs of the heathens are false!- worthless!- vain!

Finally, you can go ahead and keep your Christmas till you die, like you've said. But please, do not force it on God, because it is clear to whoever that cares to listen, that He abhorred your heathen ways!

It's unfortunate that you had to make me read through this epistle of yours only to end up reading gibberish in the end

You know nothing about God nor do you understand His word. Let me ask you this question : have you ever called anyone father, what of teacher or leader? Read what the Bible says about it (Matt 23:8-10) I'm pointing this out because it appears you want to give the world a false impression of obeying every single word of the Bible which is a big lie.

I advise you to meditate on this verse Romans 11:6 "His choice is based on his grace not on what they have done. For if God's choice were based on what people do, then his grace would not be real grace"

Mr. Self righteousness you are not saved by works but by the grace of God (Romans 9:31-32) "While God's people who were seeking a law that would put them right with God did not find it. And why not? Because they did not DEPEND ON FAITH but on what they did and so they stumbled over the STUMBLING STONE

What is this stumbling stone? Works, claiming to be righteous because you think you obey all the laws written in the Bible, Is this even possible without God's grace?

Do you know that God is so just that it is your motive he judges? (Prov 21:2) at this point I will have to question if you actually understand the bible you claim to read smh

If the motive behind my celebration of Christmas is to worship my God then according to (Prov 21:2) even with your canal mind do you think God will condemn me to hell for this?

You should spend your time in the fellowship of brethrens to learn more as you seem to lack Spiritual understanding (no offense)

1 Like

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Splinz(m): 11:03pm On Jan 04, 2017
Pidgin2:

It's unfortunate that you had to make me read through this epistle of yours only to end up reading gibberish in the end

You know nothing about God nor do you understand His word. Let me ask you this question : have you ever called anyone father, what of teacher or leader? Read what the Bible says about it (Matt 23:8-10) I'm pointing this out because it appears you want to give the world a false impression of obeying every single word of the Bible which is a big lie.

I advise you to meditate on this verse Romans 11:6 "His choice is based on his grace not on what they have done. For if God's choice were based on what people do, then his grace would not be real grace"

Mr. Self righteousness you are not saved by works but by the grace of God (Romans 9:31-32) "While God's people who were seeking a law that would put them right with God did not find it. And why not? Because they did not DEPEND ON FAITH but on what they did and so they stumbled over the STUMBLING STONE

What is this stumbling stone? Works, claiming to be righteous because you think you obey all the laws written in the Bible, Is this even possible without God's grace?

Do you know that God is so just that it is your motive he judges? (Prov 21:2) at this point I will have to question if you actually understand the bible you claim to read smh

If the motive behind my celebration of Christmas is to worship my God then according to (Prov 21:2) even with your canal mind do you think God will condemn me to hell for this?

You should spend your time in the fellowship of brethrens to learn more as you seem to lack Spiritual understanding (no offense)

Very lame, very very lame my dear. You've disappointed me too much. At least try and make even the lamest of attempt to counter the numerous truths as presented from God's word.

I really don't wonna believe that upon all your touted knowledge of Scriptures, you don't even know the simplest and plainest of texts like Matthew 23:8-10 which obviously only forbade these titles within the Church, since Christians only have One Father (God) and Rabbi (Jesus). These commands were never directed to one's biological father or conventional school teachers. Of course, your R.C wouldn't take any of these and so must challenged God by appropriating these spiritual titles to its priests and even went as far as calling your so-called pope "His Holiness". What blasphemies!

Again, in your great ignorance, you've called Jesus a liar by saying that it's a lie to keep every word of God. For He (Jesus) said "...man shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God" (Matt. 4:4). But you said no, that it's a lie! Didn't I rightly said you practiced only your own righteousness and not what God said

And please, stop throwing random Scriptures to me. I'm not on that level. You need more of that learning far more than I do. You've seen my pattern and how to teach by rightly dividing the word of truth. If you feel you're capable enough (I greatly doubt), then counter my points accordingly instead of throwing tantrums like a whip child. Lets see if you can even correctly identify who Jesus is.
Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Splinz(m): 11:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
jnrbayano:

When Jesus gave authority to his church, what were the limits he gave also?

Of course He gave them even the authority to "change times and laws" (Dan. 7:25) and also make same. Isn't it my brother
Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Nobody: 5:26am On Jan 05, 2017
Splinz:

Very lame, very very lame my dear. You've disappointed me too much. At least try and make even the lamest of attempt to counter the numerous truths as presented from God's word.

I really don't wonna believe that upon all your touted knowledge of Scriptures, you don't even know the simplest and plainest of texts like Matthew 23:8-10 which obviously only forbade these titles within the Church, since Christians only have One Father (God) and Rabbi (Jesus). These commands were never directed to one's biological father or conventional school teachers. Of course, your R.C wouldn't take any of these and so must challenged God by appropriating these spiritual titles to its priests and even went as far as calling your so-called pope "His Holiness". What blasphemies!

Again, in your great ignorance, you've called Jesus a liar by saying that it's a lie to keep every word of God. For He (Jesus) said "...man shall live by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God" (Matt. 4:4). But you said no, that it's a lie! Didn't I rightly said you practiced only your own righteousness and not what God said

And please, stop throwing random Scriptures to me. I'm not on that level. You need more of that learning far more than I do. You've seen my pattern and how to teach by rightly dividing the word of truth. If you feel you're capable enough (I greatly doubt), then counter my points accordingly instead of throwing tantrums like a whip child. Lets see if you can even correctly identify who Jesus is.

Honestly your counter points are laughable. Did Churches exist during Jesus lifetime, so how come he was addressing non-existent churches?

Does Christian doctrine end when you leave your church premise or is it supposed to be a way of life?

You are quick to criticize anything attached to Catholic but refuse to remove the large rod in your own cornea. Where was "General Overseer" mentioned in the Bible?

If catholics are wrong for calling their priests "father" according to your judgment why do you call your pastors, bishops, and general overseers "Daddy" and "Daddy in the Lord" what is the difference between the word "Father" and "Daddy"? Also you didn't stop there, their wives also have titles "Mamma" "Mummy""Mummy in the Lord" where was this written in the Bible?

(Romans 14:4) who are you to judge the servant of someone else? It is their own master who will decide whether they succeed or fail. AND THEY WILL SUCCEED BECAUSE THE LORD IS ABLE TO MAKE THEM SUCCEED.

(Romans 14:5-6) Some people think that a certain day is more important than other days, while others think that all days are the same. We each should firmly make up our own minds. Those who think highly of a certain day DO SO IN HONOR OF THE LORD... . Go and meditate on this scripture before you pass judgement on those who choose to Honor God on December 25th.

(Matt 4:4) Can you name anyone who obeyed all the laws that proceedeth from God's mouth without unmerited favor (grace)? Of course it is possible but canal man cannot do it alone
Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by jnrbayano(m): 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2017
Splinz:

Of course He gave them even the authority to "change times and laws" (Dan. 7:25) and also make same. Isn't it my brother

The verse has no relevance to my question.

What are the limits to the authority Jesus gave his church before his ascension?

You are free if you don't wanna answer it..

1 Like

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Splinz(m): 1:47pm On Jan 05, 2017
jnrbayano:

The verse has no relevance to my question.

What are the limits to the authority Jesus gave his church before his ascension?

You are free if you don't wanna answer it..

You're also free if you don't wonna answer mine, for you are like the Pharisees- hypocrite!

1 Like

Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by jnrbayano(m): 1:54pm On Jan 05, 2017
Splinz:

You're also free if you don't wonna answer mine, for you are like the Pharisees- hypocrite!

Name calling? Why?

Okay.
Re: A Question For Mountain Of Fire Members by Splinz(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2017
jnrbayano:

Name calling? Why?

Okay.

That is not name calling my friend. I'm giving you a classic example of the hypocrisy of the Pharisees in Luke 20:1-8.

I tell you, do not think you can trap me in words.

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Have Any Question Concerning Christian Faith, Ask / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Has Made History / Pastor Chris Going Forward Or Backward ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 198
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.