Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,875 members, 7,866,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 03:43 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (66526 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Moonstone(f): 1:22pm On Feb 18, 2009
Emperoh:

Moonie
Roy Hodgson has built a a formidable team at Craven Cottage
So its not gonna be a tea party. I want us to win but more importantly not to concede
So a One nil victory won't really be a bad result. Fergie also has to work on his team bearing in mind
Saturday and next weeks UCL game. So all in all, lets see the team set up then. . . . .
I know. That's why I said in my mind it's 4 - 0. You don't know the amount of fasting involved in that prediction. I just really want us to win and I agree- not concede but more importantly we need to run with goal difference. It's almost the end and I don't like the way Liverpool and A.Villa are so conveniently located very close to us. Anything can happen especially since we have so much to play in such a little time. We're facing Intermilan soon and all I can hope for is no serious injuries. I know we're not as injury-prone as those losers (arses) but we need to run with this lead before that  week.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2009
tkb417:

Emperoh, Cristalz and Eastbay

cool if its based on this season's performance. then i can pick Giggs ahead of Riera and also carra ahead of Brown.
But wait o, Giggs has been superb this season playing from the middle so who plays on the left in our fantasy UTD/Pool 11?

ill go with Cristalz in picking Alonso ahead of Fletcher.

Emperoh
I really do not know who we are gonna play in the midfield but i think we need some strength in that area. Im gonna tip Fletcher to with Carrick/Giggs.
We need the passes to kill them off. You guys need to see how Fab4 nearly killed Viera with passes when he left Arsenal for Juventus.
Thats the kinda passes we need.

we are winning at the SIRO 2-1
Tk, frankly i really need to see where all these confidence are coming from
To be frank, am somewhat scared about this game as much as i wanna watch it.
So someone should tell me, what am i not seeing that you guys are?
He doesn't need a bashing to beat you, i pray we score first on both ties
It will make it easier for us. But if it turns out otherwise. . . . . . . i no want think the implications.
Sleek passing and movement yes, but thats unless they allow you play
Or play the sort of game they did with AC.

tkb417:

Cristalz
4-0 a tall order?
lets wait and see

On a good day, this isn't a tall order but not with the way Fulham are playing
Just that we are at OT and they lie way below us.
So lets just say 2-0
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 1:31pm On Feb 18, 2009
Emperoh
Football has gone beyond what youre looking at.
The best that can come out for Inter is a draw over the 2 legs!
they will lose to the superior firepower of UTD, lose to our great defending acumen, lose to a visionary and tactically sound gaffer, lose to a team that is hungry of success, lose to a superior brand, lose to a team capable of slaughtering any team in the universe (maybe barcelona can be exempted) grin grin grin. . . .in short, no team aprt from lipsrsealed lipsrsealed can play us as at today 18th of February, 2009

Moonstone
na fight? wetin den say i do o?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Moonstone(f): 1:36pm On Feb 18, 2009
tkb417:

Moonstone
na fight? wetin den say i do o?
Who and who are fighting? Have I been absent this long?
You didn't do anything at all now! You want me to say 'E Karo Sir'?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2009
Who and who are fighting? Have I been absent this long?
You didn't do anything at all now! You want me to say 'E Karo Sir'?

i don hear u o. i wont talk
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Moonstone(f): 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2009
tkb417:

i don hear u o. i wont talk
Neither would I. It's been a minute though.
It's good to see you're still alive.

On the second hand, I think I'm fine with 3 - 0. 1-0 is not fine enough for me. . . they better buckle up.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 1:47pm On Feb 18, 2009
-----------------------------------Julio Cesar------------------------------------

----Maicon -------------Chivu ---------------Samuel --------------Maxwell-

----------------------------------Cambiasso------------------------------------

----Zanetti - ---------------------------------------------------------- Muntari

----------------------------------Stankovic--------------------------------------

-----------------------Zlatan --------------------- Adriano---------------------

Can UNITED take this team APART??
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2009
Sauron

Nope! grin

They pack more ruthless punches and punch above United's weight!
tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

Sauron

Nope! grin

They pack more ruthless punches and punch above United's weight!
tongue

Even their manager(JM) knows United have the best squad in the world as we speak.
I have a feening we would beat Inter 4-0 at San Siro.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 2:04pm On Feb 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

Even their manager(JM) knows United have the best squad in the world as we speak.
I have a feening we would beat Inter 4-0 at San Siro.

dont kid yourself boss, they could play you lot outta the pack on thier day! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by mckaycee(m): 2:06pm On Feb 18, 2009
Guess i'm home now. It's Man U or nothing. Well for Inter and Monkeynho and his theatrics, he'll realise how much of Inter's money he has wasted coming to watch Man-U's games.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 2:09pm On Feb 18, 2009
-----------------------------------Julio Cesar------------------------------------

----Zanetti - ---------------------------------------------------------- Muntari

----------------------------------Stankovic--------------------------------------

-----------------------Zlatan --------------------- Adriano---------------------

yeah!!

Zlatan & Maicon are the real deal for me

forget the remaining jesters
4-0 at San Siro wont happen but i forsee 2-1 victory

dont kid yourself boss, they could play you lot outta the pack on thier day!
maybe if they use 14 players
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 2:11pm On Feb 18, 2009
tkb417:

They dont need that much players to smack, trample and slap United back to real life! cheesy grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

dont kid yourself boss, they could play you lot outta the pack on thier day! grin

No way!!!

tkb417:

yeah!!

Zlatan & Maicon are the real deal for me

forget the remaining jesters
4-0 at San Siro wont happen but i forsee 2-1 victory

Ronaldo and Evra would neutralise Maicon.
Park and Evra would even do a better job on him.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 2:21pm On Feb 18, 2009
They dont need that much players to smack, trample and slap United back to real life!
ure drunk again Brash!

used to think no one can match my drinkin skillz but ive got a senior.
when ure back to life, lets discuss footie cos i cant seem to understand ur lingua tongue

Inter ko Atalanta ni
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 2:24pm On Feb 18, 2009
ive been a united fan since 1998(ironiacally, on a day we were defeated by B. Dortmund in a CL game).

That makes you a fan since 97,since that was when Dortmund beat us.1-nil both legs.Remember almost crying at the end of the second leg at OT

Good memories you all have. Tell them how many times Man Utds butts have been whipped home and away grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 2:33pm On Feb 18, 2009
this guy
today na wednesday, wassup wiv d stuff?

Sauron
i'll need Park fit for that game. Hes my number 1 pick
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 2:50pm On Feb 18, 2009
Hmmm
That team doesn't really look tech to me
But like TK said, Ibra and Maicon are the real Mckoy

Lets see how Fergie handles them.
Stankovic is also a threat anytime.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2009
Which Channel is showing this game? Sky, Setanta or technomate
Smbody let me know pls.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 2:54pm On Feb 18, 2009
tkb417:

ure drunk again Brash!

used to think no one can match my drinkin skillz but ive got a senior.
when ure back to life, lets discuss footie cos i cant seem to understand ur lingua tongue

Inter ko Atalanta ni

When you guys get knocked and dusted out, you will remember today!! grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

Would it be the first time United will be knocked out of the UCL?
I can't remember, just asking out of curiosity?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 3:52pm On Feb 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

Why are you so upset bout the confidence we fans exude bout our team?

I guess it because that never happens when Arsenal want to play tongue grin

~Sauron~:

If we neutralise the wings with Brown, CR7, Nani, Evra then we can win this match from the quick counter/sublime passes through the middle. If JM plays defensive that would be his undoing cause that gives us the confidence to find a way by mounting pressure.

JM has been keenly watching our matches, i guess he is so scared grin grin. Fergie probably already has the blueprint to roast INTER H & A.

All in all, UTD would see inter out over 2 legs
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 3:53pm On Feb 18, 2009
[size=20pt]Rafael Benitez claims the club cannot compete with the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea when it comes to money.[/size]

"Every year United collect £60 million more than us - that means they can buy three £20 million players each season," he told the Mirror.
"Chelsea will have spent £500 million over the last five years."

"We've made a team that can compete with them but economically we're inferiors and can't afford the players they can.
I have enough data to bore you with but if you look at United it wasn't just spending £31m on Dimitar Berbatov - they can spend whatever it takes for what they need every year.

You can read the rest here.

Is Rafa Benitez going insane?? grin grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Grizzly(m): 3:56pm On Feb 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

[size=20pt]

Leave rafa alone and concentrate on winning a trophy,
technically speaking u guys aint wont shit yet and could eventually end up trophyless cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2009
Grizzly:

Leave rafa alone and concentrate on winning a trophy,
technically speaking u guys aint wont shit yet and could eventually end up trophyless cool

U have the brain capacity of a slug!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by idyday(m): 4:18pm On Feb 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

U have the brain capacity of a slug!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 5:16pm On Feb 18, 2009
~Sauron~:

[size=20pt]Rafael Benitez claims the club cannot compete with the likes of Manchester United and Chelsea when it comes to money.[/size]

"Every year United collect £60 million more than us - that means they can buy three £20 million players each season," he told the Mirror.
"Chelsea will have spent £500 million over the last five years."

"We've made a team that can compete with them but economically we're inferiors and can't afford the players they can.
I have enough data to bore you with but if you look at United it wasn't just spending £31m on Dimitar Berbatov - they can spend whatever it takes for what they need every year.

You can read the rest here.

Rafa is a clown.

Does he think once the player is expensive, that makes him an instant hit

Fergie has an eye for the kinda player he wants in his team an expresses his willingness to get that player regardless of what the player cost. Is rafa saying that we dont buy young cheap players and groom them into the terror they become to other teams, or is he saying Fergie has never bought an expensive player that could not cut it in the PREM.

The spuds spend alot and still cant compete at the level they want to.

The issue is not really the amount but the ability of the coach to see how a particular player would improve what he already has.

The thing with Fergie is that he has bought more players (wether expensive or not) that have become hits than those that have failed. Thats the difference. The grooming of youngstars also helps.

Is it UNITED fault that they have money and would rather spend it for the progress of the club, than to hoard it like Wengay(thats if he even has the money) grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 5:43pm On Feb 18, 2009
coded guy:

Rafa is a clown.

He is a Arrow. Clowns are supposed to amuse us but Rafa makes me wanna cry with his stupidity.

Does he think once the player is expensive, that makes him an instant hit

Fergie has an eye for the kinda player he wants in his team an expresses his willingness to get that player regardless of what the player cost. Is rafa saying that we dont buy young cheap players and groom them into the terror they become to other teams, or is he saying Fergie has never bought an expensive player that could not cut it in the PREM.

The spuds spend alot and still cant compete at the level they want to.

The issue is not really the amount but the ability of the coach to see how a particular player would improve what he already has.

The thing with Fergie is that he has bought more players (wether expensive or not) that have become hits than those that have failed. Thats the difference. The grooming of youngstars also helps.

Is it UNITED fault that they have money and would rather spend it for the progress of the club, than to hoard it like Wengay(thats if he even has the money) grin

The funniest thang is. . . . . .He has even spent more than Man United since he arrived in 2004.
There are stats suggesting Rafa Benitez has a higher net spend than Man Utd and this fat waiter still blabs about money.
It's so hilarious what SAF has reduced this tyke of a man to.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 7:08pm On Feb 18, 2009

VERSUS

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by chamotex(m): 7:54pm On Feb 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

Gerrout!!! Hater! cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:04pm On Feb 18, 2009
Villa vs CSKA on
Agbonlahoh is already threatening

our game should start joh!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2009
From FERGIE's notebook:     

VDS

O'Shea    Rio     Vidic     Evra

Ronaldo  Carrick  Scholes  Park

Tevez        Berbatov

Subs:

PIG, Rafael, Evans, Fletcher, Gibson, Nani, Rooney grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (100)

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Europa League (2 - 1) On 16th August 2020 / Ajax vs Manchester United: Europa League Final (0 - 2) On 24th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.