Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,771 members, 7,851,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:09 AM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (66318 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 9:49pm On Mar 07, 2009
These guys are unstoppable.
We are monopolising the EPL and this is grossly unfair.

The fear of Man U has become the beginning of wisdom.

Chelsea, Arsenal or Everton/Boro must be praying to avoid Man U.
Only we can stop ourselves right now.

Match on boys
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Moonstone(f): 9:53pm On Mar 07, 2009
ndumart:

We are monopolising the EPL and this is grossly unfair.

The fear of Man U has become the beginning of wisdom.
To who? cheesy
But yeah, I agree.

I'm proud of them. That game was a game of true skills. I loved every minute of it from the 20th minute.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by ndumart: 9:55pm On Mar 07, 2009
PATRICE EVRA'S TEAM-MATE TALES

United's flying French full-back spills the beans about his colleagues at Carrington,

Who's the best trainer? - Hmmm… Ji-sung Park. He’s full of energy and runs around just like he does in every game. He’s difficult to play against in training because sometimes you don’t know where he is and you lose him. One minute he’s behind you, the next he’s somewhere else, he’s like a ghost!

And the worst trainer? - [Long pause] Oh, I know, Tony Strudwick, our fitness coach! [Laughs].

Who is your most intelligent team-mate? - That’s an easy one, Edwin van der Sar. He’s got a lot of experience and knows a lot about different things - he’s a very clever guy. He’s great to play alongside because he helps you with your positioning.

Who's the funniest player? - I’d say Nani. He’s a great guy, a strong player who always trains hard, but someone who also likes to have a laugh.

Who are the best and worst dressed players in the team? - I'm going to say Tomasz Kuszczak for best dressed. If he was still here I would have said Louis Saha for worst dressed but instead I’ll go for Tomasz Kuszczak, again! One day he’s the best dressed, the next day he’s the worst!

Who's got the best taste in music? - That’s easy - me! I like every type of music from R & B to hiphop to rock. I try to look after the music in the dressing room and keep everyone happy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 10:17pm On Mar 07, 2009
dayokanu:

So you are just realising this. Wait till Wednesday

He will SCORE against Inter.
Put your money where your mouth is.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 10:24pm On Mar 07, 2009
Eastbay,

I have always been around though weekdays are usually kinda very busy for me.

In the Bundesliga thread, You would notice I was reporting when we lost to Hamburg and hertha.

I couldnt even watch us beat Lisbon live cos na midweek.

Wednesday would soon be here. I just need to EPL clubs out to make my $100
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by LloydIy(m): 2:55am On Mar 08, 2009
@Sauron
I think C. got his chance when Ferguson and Beckham had that beef. Beckham was like Van's assist thats why he followed him to real. C. had the opportunity as his sub. and we can see he utilized it well smiley in the current Manchester United everybody is good you can imagine J. Evans, Gibson, Rafael. helped Van Der Sar break the record. To tell you the truth I dont know the difference between 1st & 2nd team thats if there is . Nice victory today, more closer to the possibility of 5 kiss
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by manu4laif: 10:55am On Mar 08, 2009
@All,
Great stuff by United yesterday. The boys will be buoyed grin by this hammering. I desire the Lip's head on a platter and I hope we get it on wednesday . Too many champions have gone out at this stage in recent years. I hope we turn the tide this time with another hammering grin grin

Word of Caution:
Let's talk less of a treble,quadruple or quintuple . That's the job of the Press so let them do so . Those who really know should know that just 2-3 bad games can wreck that dream. Ask Chelsea last season where 3 bad games vanquished the dream (Spurs, Wigan, United). Or united in 07 (Milan,Chelsea) where a treble was staring us in the face and we went with just one(even if that was the preferred)

Trebles and the likes are special things. You never set out to achieve them. Neither do you get them SIMPLY because you have worked hardest or were the best. They are things that the god of soccer SEEMS to bestow on the few great teams he is pleased with.

Trebles & co are a mixed bag of everything from good football to fixtures to opposition to form to good fortune to context, etc. It's special and should really be talked about after the fact.

As supporters we put undue pressure on ourselves and expose ourselves. Never count your chics before they hatch.

Let's simply focus on winning ; records will be created by default cool

Keep scoring
Keep winning

WAN UNITED cool
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 2:57pm On Mar 08, 2009
~Sauron~:

We should leave Dimitar on the bench.
I have a feeling Rooney-Tev-Ronaldo combo would give us an edge.

SAF is beginning to enjoy the entertainment going on in that forward.

I'm not sure if he'd like to do that.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 3:08pm On Mar 08, 2009
Inter manager Jose Mourinho has hit out at the Premier League, insisting it has become uncompetitive since his departure and describing his former Chelsea side as an embarrassment.

Speaking ahead of his side’s trip to face Manchester United in the Champions League in midweek, Mourinho claimed that since his departure no manager had been able to create a team to rival Sir Alex Ferguson’s.

“United have won it with ease since I have gone because no manager has put together a team that can rival them

Manchester United currently lead the Premier League, seven points ahead of both Chelsea and Liverpool and 16 points ahead of Arsenal, having played a game less than all three teams shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

“Chelsea have had no stability. Arsenal are nowhere and Liverpool threatened but I don’t think anybody really thought they were ever going to win it,” explained the Inter boss.

“I would not allow a team of mine to be so far behind. It is embarrassing in early March.”

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/03/08/1144345/jose-mourinho-chelsea-are-embarrassing
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2009
What is Mourinho's problem anyway? Why does he keep feeling like hez all that and more?
Soccer is not downright predictable.  .  .win some,lose some. When he was with Chelsea it's not like they were on a permanently fantastic spell.
Mr. Arrogant.  .  .wonder how his wife copes grin Lord knows that's a very irritating trait sometimes.

He may have a point, but there's no need acting like hez the author and finisher of the Premier league's faith.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2009
He has the bragging right. Did you not notice how pathetic other EPL teams look?

Man Utd played super cup, Played in japan, Played more games in Carling cup, yet they are 7 points ahead of their rivals with a game in hand.

So how do you describe that but when Jose was there, He was able to win the league twice at the first attempt
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 4:10pm On Mar 08, 2009
You seem to forget that one could safely say United have got two squads. Fergie has got 23 players. . .rotation isn't a problem, hence his players are always fresh and rested.
Both times Jose won the league United's overall squad strength wasn't as strong as it is now, so that should be taken into consideration before proclaiming Mourinho the EPL's savior.
Also, look at the other teams. . .they've had their fair share of injuries and couldn't afford the luxury of easy rotation like United. Even Chelsea could not boast of that when Mourinho was with them. How come the man doesn't have an explanation for Chelsea's downturn before he got fired? If he was so perfect Chelsea should have kept on soaring. But they dipped. . .who's perfect?

I think United would still be very much ahead this season if Jose was Chelsea's gaffer. . .Fergie simply has a big advantage in terms of the right mix and number of players.
The comparison with other teams will only be fair if they all had this advantage, and I'm sure there's no way Jose would have created the sort of in depth strength Fergie has done. His choice of buys and number of buys weren't as well thought out and futuristic as Fergie's.

United's power this season was definitely gonna happen, Mourinho or no Mourinho. Prem managers are good, but Fergie went the extra mile. Hez simply reaping the rewards now.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:21pm On Mar 08, 2009
dayokanu:

So how do you describe that but when Jose was there, He was able to win the league twice at the first attempt

If you are not blind, you would know Jose Mourinho had unlimited funds to compete when he came to England.
Jose wouldn't have coped with the current economic recession in the UK. . . . .His performance regressed as soon as Roman stopped spending.
As soon as Ferguson was able to assemble a squad that was at par with Chelsea, Man Utd won the league title.
In Jose's last season @ Chelsea, he was complaining some of his players were class C eggs and not class A eggs.
I doubt Jose woulda done anything to the current United squad. He is a slowpoke.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by LloydIy(m): 4:31pm On Mar 08, 2009
Mourinho is a good coach The Special One still that does not give him the right to insult other coaches in a disguised way. Is not as if he didn't loose to SAF while he was at chelsea he should really stop blabbing or bragging, can he bring up players or even play with them like Arsene Wenger or bring up coaches like SAF cheesy well I think is part of his mind games Manchester United vs Inter Milan should show him the difference between then and now
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 4:38pm On Mar 08, 2009
You can come up with several excuses you want.

Mourinho came in when Wenger had just won unbeaten with "Invincibles" But Mourinho put him into place.

He dealt with Man utd whether at Porto or at Man Utd.

Liverpool has a squad as big as anyone might want. Rafa has bought close to 40 players too what has become of them.

Pool has a large squad so what? Has that made them able to compete in 4 seasons.

Mourinho has a 6-1 head to head win over Fergie that tells the whole story. He eliminated Man Utd when he was managing FC porto a team with like 10% of Man Utd's budget.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 4:45pm On Mar 08, 2009
dayokanu:

You can come up with several excuses you want.
Mourinho came in when Wenger had just won unbeaten with "Invincibles" But Mourinho put him into place.

When they had just won unbeaten with Invincibles but on the decline.
It was Man Utd that stopped the unbeaten run not Jose Mourinho.
Mourinho came into Chelsea and had the best squad in Europe while others were rebuilding.

He dealt with Man utd whether at Porto or at Man Utd.

Conveniently forgetting Paul Scholes' valid goal that was disallowed by a visually-impaired line assistant that woulda ended the tie.

Liverpool has a squad as big as anyone might want. Rafa has bought close to 40 players too what has become of them.

Rafa's squad is nothing compared to what Jose had when he arrived in England.
Even with that, he failed to take Chelsea to the Champions League final in his years at Chelsea.
How good is Jose??

Pool has a large squad so what? Has that made them able to compete in 4 seasons.
Mourinho has a 6-1 head to head win over Fergie that tells the whole story. He eliminated Man Utd when he was managing FC porto a team with like 10% of Man Utd's budget.

Complete hog-wash!!!
Arsene Wenger has a better head to head win over Fergie. . . . .Does that make him better than Ferguson??
He eliminated Man Utd with FC Porto controversially. . . . .It doesn't make Jose Mourinho better by any means.
Ferguson's title haul in the last 3 years has eclipsed what Jose Mourinho has ever achieved(never mind Fergie's record at Aberdeen).
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by LloydIy(m): 5:13pm On Mar 08, 2009
Mourinho method of coaching is simply to frustrate his opponents, I can remember due to the too much money Chelsea shower on the club. Any player his opponents is going for, he doubles, tripple the money. Ok like in the case of Mikel he dragged him with Manchester United won him kept him on the bench until Essien got his injury. SAF went for his 2nd choice and Carrick that now benches Gerrad and Lampard in England squad.
@dayokanu
cheesy is not by 10% budget Real Madrid is the biggest richest club yet they have not seen quarter final since 2004. Is all about right players for the game not the name. The truth is Mourinho the special or chosen one wouldn't be coaching inter milan if he didn't see any hope of winning anything. He wouldn't join chelsea if there is no hope. Mourinho is totally the lucky one nothing more to that
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 5:30pm On Mar 08, 2009
To add to the above DK, it's not just about the number you buy (wrt your reference to Liverpool), but also about the quality, the capacity for quality development of your buys. Fergie has got a good eye for that, and I can't say with certainty that Mourinho can match that astuteness Fergie has got.

Also you didn't explain how come Chelsea dipped in form before Jose got fired. How come the amazing Mourinho lost the plot? So much that he got fired. I marvel at such perfection cheesy That has already dented his bragging rights so he should quit yapping so much.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 08, 2009
Dayo,
I can't understand you sometimes.
You talk about Porto,2004.
Forgotten that Scholess' goal was wrongly disallowed and at 2-nil,Porto were not likely to come back.They snatched an injury time equaliser and the rest is history as they say.Porto did the smash and grab,just like they did against Deportivo La Coruna (with a controversial second leg penalty at the Riazor).
You forgot to mention that luck has had a good hand in his being successful.
How lucky could he be?Walk into a team with millions at your disposal.
Ok, he won the league,but in 2006/07, United practically set the pace for his team.Did he catch up?No.
In 2007/08,he was getting the tune set for a beating at OT and decided to jump ship.If he was that good,he would have stayed on to "beat" united as he claims he always does.I stand on that last statement:a hiding awaited him at OT,not with not being able to beat Fulham,Rosenborg and Blackburn at home.
All through his time,with the riches of talent at his disposal,he kept meeting a brick wall in Liverpool in the champion's league.So does it mean that Benitez is a better coach than Mourinho?You answer.How come that the only time he won the champions league is tainted by soft refereeing decisions in his favour?

As Sauron said,United set the motion for the decline of the invincibles.Mourinho couldn't beat them home or away that season.So what the hell are you praising him about?
The fact that he has a winning record over Fergie doesn't tell the whole story.Look at Fergie's longevity.How many coaches last that long in one place and continue to deliver trophies?If Fergie wasn't half as good as he sounded,he'd be long forgotten at OT.Besides,look at his record at lowly Aberdeen.Again,no need to argue

And if Mourinho is so obsessed about a weak league,he should turn his gaze below his beak of a nose and look at the miserable Serie A.Nuff said on that point.No need to argue.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 6:17pm On Mar 08, 2009
Lucky, fortunate and whatever. Who does not need those to win. Did man utd not depend on Terry slip to win the CL?

criz, You claim Chelsea lost form when Mou left which position was man utd in the league?

Mourinho had so much money so did Fergie. All his strikers cost 30million. Not forgetting Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves and Carrick these 4 cost another 50million and above. Can Man Utd's success not be tied to the humongous amount they have spent in recent years.

Man utd 11 of VDS, -- Brown, Rio, Vidic, Evra, -- Carrick, Hargreaves, Ronaldo, Nani, - Berbtov/Tevez, Rooney

Calculate their total cost and let me know In that squad we have Rio, Rooney, Berbatov, Maybe Tevez costing 30m each.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 6:33pm On Mar 08, 2009
dayokanu:

Lucky, fortunate and whatever. Who does not need those to win. Did man utd not depend on Terry slip to win the CL?

Man Utd did not depend on Terry slip to win the UCL.
Ronaldo scored a goal in the first half. . . . .It was independent of Terry slip.
Had Ronaldo not missed his penalty, Terry slip wouldn't have been a big issue so THINK!!!

Mourinho had so much money so did Fergie. All his strikers cost 30million. Not forgetting Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves and Carrick these 4 cost another 50million and above. Can Man Utd's success not be tied to the humongous amount they have spent in recent years.

Stop lumping sums together.
Rio was bought in 2002, Rooney was bought in 2004.
Mourinho has already left before we bought Berbatov. Tevez is still on LOAN(he is only £10 million).
You cannot compare this with Mourinho who bought extensively in one calendar year.
Vidic was £7 million. . . . .Evra was £5 million, VDS was £2.5 milla.
Brown, Scholes, Giggs were bought for £0. Nani does not even make the starting XI so what are you on about??

Man utd 11 of VDS, -- Brown, Rio, Vidic, Evra, -- Carrick, Hargreaves,  Ronaldo, Nani, -  Berbtov/Tevez, Rooney
Calculate their total cost and let me know In that squad we have Rio, Rooney, Berbatov, Maybe Tevez costing 30m each.

You are lumping sums of players bought over the years compared to what Jose did within 2-3 years, how daft are you??
Look at the net spend not PURCHASES. In this period, Ferguson sold Ruud, Mikel, Richardson, Pique, Smith, Heinze, Butt, P. Neville, Rossi etc.
Lemme educate you and show you how financially irresponsible Jose Mourinho was in his days @ Chelsea.

Click HERE
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Cristalz(f): 6:40pm On Mar 08, 2009
DK, are we talking about the effectiveness of United as a team or Mourinho's claim that the EPL is less competitive because he departed?

Don't twist the issue at hand.  .  .if Jose was so great how come Chelsea dipped in form for a prolonged amount of time when he was in charge? Wonder why you're still refusing to answer that.

But as you said, United spent that much in recent years. It's taken United years to come this far. You don't build the kind of class Fergie has overnight.  .  .Jose cannot just show up one sunny morning and claim to be the heart of the EPL. His team's dip was sufficient proof. The man's waters don't run that deep.

How competitive was the EPL before he came anyway? Nothing changed when he was around, except with Chelsea as a team. And using Chelsea as basis for comparison (which the man should stick to, instead of claiming the entire EPL), Fergie is the better manager with the better team.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:53pm On Mar 08, 2009
Cech, Terry, carvalho, Ashley Cole, Makalele, Ballack, Lampard, Essien, Drogba,

Those are Mourinho's untouchables None of them cost 30m that Man Utd regularly plays for overrated players.

In Chelsea, Only Shevy was 30m while Man utd had three 30million players,

Nani, Hargreaves, Carrick.

Mou came into the EPL and set the new standards. Since then Wenger's mediocrity came to light, and Fergie had to spend a lot too to keep up
You keep screaming about money, Why is Man City not tops
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Sauron1: 8:07pm On Mar 08, 2009
dayokanu:

Cech, Terry, carvalho, Ashley Cole, Makalele, Ballack, Lampard,  Essien, Drogba,
Those are Mourinho's untouchables None of them cost 30m that Man Utd regularly plays for overrated players.
In Chelsea, Only Shevy was 30m while Man utd had three 30million players,

This is idiocy at it's best.
Dayokanu is arguing that a team that has twenty players bought at £20 million each is CHEAPER than a team that has three £30 million players and SEVENTEEN £5 million players.
What a kike!!!  How is Rooney any different to Drogba(£24 million) Essien(£24 million) Wright Phillips(£21 million) Carvalho(£20 million)
Obi Mikel(£16 million)??

Under Mourinho. . . . .Chelsea spent £72 milla in 2004/5 and another £112 million in 2005/6.
Ranieri made some purchases he never used before getting the sack and they all flourished under Mourinho.
Players like Cech, Robben etc all had their full debut under Mourinho so what are you on about??

Mou came into the EPL and set the new standards. Since then Wenger's mediocrity came to light, and Fergie had to spend a lot too to keep up
You keep screaming about money, Why is Man City not tops

Mourinho did not set any standard in the EPL. . . . . .Arsene Wenger did.
His unbeaten run in 2003/4 is still the standard most clubs live by. To win the league, you need to avoid defeat as much as possible.
Jose Mourinho is just an attention seeking bastard who can only manage prima donnas. He cannot build/re-build.

Man City are yet to spread their tentacles in a regular transfer window under the new owners.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 08, 2009
Dayo,
You're distorting facts again.
Hargreaves cost 18 million and not thirty.Same as Carrick and Nani.It was just prior to the economic downturn whenChelsea inflated the transfer market.You had to pay throughyour nose to get a good player,courtesy of Chelsea two years earlier.No,you had to pay over the top for any idiot.That's why Shevchenko went for 30 million.
Carrickover-rated?We'll see about that when Capello starts to name his squad and Gerrard/Lampard have to battle it out for the other central midfieldslot.
Hargreave?YourBayern should be taken to ICPC for sellling an injured player at that price.Greedy Bavarians.That's why you'll never win the Bundesliga again.But he's worth the price,as you see.
The 50 million or so we spent in 2007 earned us the champions league:money well spent.
Chelsea paid 30 mill for a striker and got only heartbreak.
Besides,Chelsea paid over 20 million for Wright-Phillips,Drogba,Essien among others.Money that would be considered over the odds.We haven't evenchecked on the mis-fits yet.That is a side Mourinho is yet to explain,because for every Essien,there was a Maniche and Sidwell.For every Drogba, there was a Shevchenko and Kezman,for every Carvalho,there was a Boulharouz and Huth.I could go on and on.

You talk about luck.Refereeing decisions are another thing entirely.Besides United were the better team overall in the Champions League.We were undefeated,conceeded the least number of goals.Tell me how we shouldn't have been champions.

City?You make me laugh with that analogy.
You knew City were never going to be a threat,not this season at least.Stop using ridiculous situations to compare with this.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by aieromon(m): 8:29pm On Mar 08, 2009
The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON
Semi-Final Draw
Ties to be played 18 and 19 April 2009 at Wembley Stadium
Winning clubs will receive £1,000,000 from The FA

Arsenal or Hull will face Chelsea and Manchester United will meet Everton after the draw for The FA Cup sponsored by E.ON Semi-Finals was made on Sunday evening.

Arsenal and Hull City must first decide their Sixth Round tie at the Emirates with the victors taking on 2007 FA Cup Winners Chelsea.

Meanwhile Everton, whose last Semi-Final appearance was in 1995, will take on Manchester United who they beat in The Final 14 years ago.

The draw was made at Soho Square by 1971 FA Cup winner Bob Wilson and Joe Royle, who as manager guided Everton to their FA Cup success in 1995.

The draw is as follows

1 Arsenal or Hull City v Chelsea
2 Manchester United v Everton

The two Semi-Final ties will be played on the weekend of 18 and 19 April, at Wembley Stadium, further details will be available on TheFA.com once confirmed.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by Phony200(m): 10:32pm On Mar 08, 2009
Everton is a better draw than either Chelsea or arse-anal. Let them kill each other assuming arsenal get beyond Hull, lol. Up next Inter before we know what's up.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 10:34pm On Mar 08, 2009
Phony200:

Everton is a better draw than either Chelsea or arse-anal. Let them kill each other assuming arsenal get beyond Hull, lol. Up next Inter before we know what's up.

Shut it!

Assuming Arsenal get past Hull?

What do you take the giant of London for anyway and what right do you have to label Arsenal in such manner?

Dont get me started on, trust me, Brashy is a hell of a muthafucker and fiyah alie, wen peeps dis-rep his beloved Team
!! cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 11:24pm On Mar 08, 2009
@eastbay,

Rio, Rooney and Berbatov cost 30m each

Hargo, Carrick, Nani 18m.

Bayern won the Bundesliga the season Hargo left.

Carrick? just another Jermaine Jenas. Did you see how he was taught basic footie lesson by those Spanish midfielders?

Have you thought of the number of Forlan, Veron Kleberson, Djemba, misFORTUNE, David reBELLION, Liam Miller, Laurent Blanc, Mark Bosnich, do you want me to name the scummie flops?

Being undefeated means nothing in knockout, If Mou pulls a score draw at OT that would mean Man utd would be out undefeated.

Mourinho did not set any standard in the EPL. . . . . .Arsene Wenger did.
His unbeaten run in 2003/4 is still the standard most clubs live by. To win the league, you need to avoid defeat as much as possible.

Big lie!!!! Last season eventual winners Man Utd lost more games than any of the top 4!!!!!!

Man City are yet to spread their tentacles in a regular transfer window under the new owners.

Nigel De jong, SWP, Robinho, Kompany, Shay Given, Ben Haim, Zabaleta, Wayne Bridge, 8 in a season and those I cant even remember those set of last season Elano, Jo, Bojinov, Mwaruwari, Caicedo, Petrov, Garrido, Bianchi and co.

And they are yet to spread their tentacles in the transfer market yet. 16 players plus in 2 years shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 11:32pm On Mar 08, 2009
dayokanu:

And they are yet to spread their tentacles in the transfer market yet. 16 players plus in 2 years shocked shocked shocked shocked

Don't be a ninny - out of that 'long' list of players, how many of them would get signed by a top 4 club?? Bojinov? Ben Haim? Zabaleta?? Mwaruwari?? You must be hallucinating.

Fulham bought like 12 players last season, Redknapp bought more than 16 at Pompey, but does that mean they've flexed muscles?

When they start hitting big players wanted by other top clubs and bringing them to the Eastlands, then they haven't spread any tentacles yet, apart from Robinho and MAYBE Kompany.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by MrCrackles(m): 11:33pm On Mar 08, 2009
Dayokanu

You are such an idiot and know nothing about football!

Go and sleep, you lil sissy!
tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 11:53pm On Mar 08, 2009
But when Mou bought Ben Haim, Sidwell, Jarosik, Boulharouz, del Horno, SWP you counted those as big players?

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (100)

Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 / Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Europa League (2 - 1) On 16th August 2020 / Ajax vs Manchester United: Europa League Final (0 - 2) On 24th May 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.