Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi (20869 Views)

"Support For President Buhari In The North Is Now Religious" - Farooq Kperogi / Emir Begs Prof. Farooq Kperogi To Stop Criticizing Buhari, Nigerians React / "Buhari Is The Commander Of Executive Corruption" - Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by holyokoto(m): 10:05am On Apr 18, 2015
SergeAlain:
The writer is obviously new to Nigeria, or was too young to follow other changes in govt in the past.

These positions you have outlined are standard positions whose occupants would be changed once there is a change in the presidency, even if the the same party won. Only a fool would retain police chiefs, service chiefs or SSS head whose loyalty is not 100% assured. The changes in NNPC leadership is also given because you need your people looking after the cash till. Its that simple.

In deed to add to your list, expect the leadership of all major parastatals (except autonomous ones like CBN etc.) to be retired (in the next 6 months), expect the commander of Brigade of Guards to be changed for an officer from Daura (or at least Katsina), expect all the GOCs to be changed across the key military formations.

These changes always happen with a change in govt, and have nothing to do with seriousness or the lack thereoff. Seriousness will be judged when the rubber hits the road from May 29th. We wait with baited breath!!!

Bro you read my mind
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:07am On Apr 18, 2015
all these articles r waste of writng pad n time n also waste of mb to we wey dey click anythng on front page.
we all knw gmb is comng in to change everythng in naija, so he cant work wif transform agents.
all those service chiefs n igp n dss people na appointment so their tenure elapse once the person who appointed them leaves. its like saying we dont need david mark again as senate president when we all knw PARADE DON CHANGE GEAR!

**Abeg write wetin i wan hea like BUhari don inaugurate committee on payment of unemployed youths, or buhari unveils roadmap on the ACTUALIZATION OF promised 3million jobs a year.
na wetin i wan read

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by texazzpete(m): 10:10am On Apr 18, 2015
jamace:
Was it the public that appointed them or the president and commander in chief? Please go and read the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria and the laws establishing those institutions to know to whom their loyalty should go.

Loyalty to the President does not even begin to Cover the rubbish Marilyn Ogar was doing.

Abi DSS was not loyal during the Obasanjo years?

I suggest you read the constitution. The security forces are mandated by law to respect the fundamental human rights of Nigerians and they are not to involve themselves in politics.

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by sharubutu(m): 10:10am On Apr 18, 2015
If Diezeni escapes probe and jail, then Buhari isn't serious.

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by ndcide(m): 10:14am On Apr 18, 2015
If you always look at things from the prism of APC, you'll think the writer is making so much sense. But if you are a realist, you'd know that the writer is making no sense at all.

So what was lai Mohammed doing if I may ask?
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by tmanuelle(m): 10:16am On Apr 18, 2015
Medley:
by the time he fires every Nigerian he met in different positions in 2015 without compensating the geopolitical zone,who will be left to vote for him in 2019.

You have succeeded in saying nothing

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 18, 2015
Nta must be sold off to private companies, ogar must answer for her senseless utterances

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by netmillionaires(m): 10:17am On Apr 18, 2015
My big problem with NTA is it poor colour resolution. If U see NTA henh, even using 4K HD TV no go make any differnce. Even the contents na wash. I wonder wetin d MD dey do with new innovation and creativity...
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by jamace(m): 10:20am On Apr 18, 2015
Bevista:
Whatever "superior knowledge" you think you have is misguided. It is the type that has plunged this country into a state of lawlessness. The President is the CSO of the country and C-in-C of the armed forces, so all security agencies are expected to yield to his leadership. But this does not require unpatriotic loyalty. At all times, the interest of the country and the Constitution must take precedence.
Thank you for adding the bolded. That is why any appointee that feels the C-In-C is not giving patriotic leadership to the country should voluntarily resign the appointment. But any appointee while still holding the office/position who shows any element of disloyalty to the C-in-c has committed a crime and will be fired from office immediately.

I feel your pains and I share in the same pains.

What Nigerian leaders/appointees have not yet imbibed is the ability to voluntarily resign their positions on the ground of non-performance, personal principle or national patriotism. This is the greatest problem of our country.

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 18, 2015
Me I still have a personal grudge against nnpc,for them to still be owing me since 2011?they've chopped my money,let all those thieves go especially the untouchable dieziani,let the all go!
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by odimbannamdi(m): 10:21am On Apr 18, 2015
barcanista:
It is the usual practice for every service chiefs and IGP to be relieved of their jobs immeiately a New President is sworn in. When Objj took over, IGP Ibrahim Coomassie was relieved of his job for Musliu Smith, all service Chiefs were retired. When Yaradua took over, all service Chieds were retired and he appointed Mike Okiro as IGP rather than Obj's preferred Ogbonaya Onovo. The loyalty of the service Chiefs and IGP is first to the country and secondly to the President and C-in-C.

However, firing Marylin Ogar will amount to "Withunt because she isn't the Head of DSS. Buhari can only chnge the DG DSS and his management team, the DG will then redeploy Mrs Ogar to another unit. As for NTA DG, it is expected that he will be relieved.

Well, here lies our problem... Those that will replace the above listed will become loyal to the President and maybe less Professional. We need to strenghten our institutions and end this "he who pays the piper should dictate the tune".
bros, i really learnt a great deal from your contribution.
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by mimilala: 10:23am On Apr 18, 2015
Medley:
by the time he fires every Nigerian he met in different positions in 2015 without compensating the geopolitical zone,who will be left to vote for him in 2019.

he is still planning to contest in 2019? nawa oh. embarassed
Medley:

he is still planning to contest in 2019? nawa oh.
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by ollyruffy: 10:25am On Apr 18, 2015
We are watching in 3HD. IF buhari fails to deliver on his electoral promises and set foundation for a great height of this country, after 4 years nigerians will be ready to vote him out. EOD.
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by jamace(m): 10:28am On Apr 18, 2015
texazzpete:

Loyalty to the President does not even begin to Cover the rubbish Marilyn Ogar was doing.

Abi DSS was not loyal during the Obasanjo years?

I suggest you read the constitution. The security forces are mandated by law to respect the fundamental human rights of Nigerians and they are not to involve themselves in politics.

Yes, that is why an appointee should have the moral courage to voluntarily resign his appointment in the face of lack of satisfaction with the actions of his employer. But do appointees/employees resign at all in Nigeria? No! Until we learn to be patriotic and follow enduring principles, blind loyalty will continue.
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 18, 2015
Is like Buhari's clueless will be 100times worst than that of GEJ... How can people be telling him what to do and what not to do...
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by MadCow1: 10:33am On Apr 18, 2015
If Marilyn Ogar lasts in the position till June 1st I wwill lose faith in this government and spare head the new opposition.

Same for Diezani and Okonjo

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by eddydey(m): 10:57am On Apr 18, 2015
SergeAlain:
The writer is obviously new to Nigeria, or was too young to follow other changes in govt in the past.

These positions you have outlined are standard positions whose occupants would be changed once there is a change in the presidency, even if the the same party won. Only a fool would retain police chiefs, service chiefs or SSS head whose loyalty is not 100% assured. The changes in NNPC leadership is also given because you need your people looking after the cash till. Its that simple.

In deed to add to your list, expect the leadership of all major parastatals (except autonomous ones like CBN etc.) to be retired (in the next 6 months), expect the commander of Brigade of Guards to be changed for an officer from Daura (or at least Katsina), expect all the GOCs to be changed across the key military formations.

These changes always happen with a change in govt, and have nothing to do with seriousness or the lack thereoff. Seriousness will be judged when the rubber hits the road from May 29th. We wait with baited breath!!!

you are very correct ! don' mind the OP, some people just post without thorough research.
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 18, 2015
No tinubu? Your list is not complete.
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by kurt09(m): 11:03am On Apr 18, 2015
curiouses:

http://www.farooqkperogi.com/2015/04/people-president-buhari-must-fire-to.html
And the new personnels he will appoint will be not be loyal to him(buhari)? They will be loyal to justice and equity(people)? We are watching! Fingers crossed! Time will tell!

Via N70
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by JuanDeDios: 11:03am On Apr 18, 2015
omenka:
I swear, when I got to the 10th line, one name popped up in my mind; Marylin Ogar!!

On reaching the list, I wasn't disappointed she came first!

Even my friends who work with DSS insist she's brought so much shame to that establishment.
Yes, but their boss is clearly no better. Ita Ekpenyong was partisan and the bigger candidate for a sack than Marylyn Ogar.

1 Like

Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by kurt09(m): 11:03am On Apr 18, 2015
curiouses:

And the new personnels he will appoint will not be loyal to him(buhari)? They will be non partisan? They will be loyal to justice and equity(people)? We are watching! Fingers crossed! Time will tell!

Via N70
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by philips70(m): 11:06am On Apr 18, 2015
jamace:
You just made a blank damaging statement without substance. Tell us which portion of my statement is false, please.

Most Nigerian so call educated elites are ignorant of the constitution and the writer above is number one of them.

He/she should go and read the constitution and the various laws of those organisations to know to whom their loyalty should go to.

To help: Their loyalty is to the President and Commander in Chief of the federation.

In Summary: Their loyalty goes to whoever is the President and Commander in Chief of the federal republic of Nigeria, even if the president and commander in chief is a goat!

Do you mind quoting the relevant sections that support your assertions above? Now let me help you.

B - Nigeria Police Force

214. (1) There shall be a police force for Nigeria, which shall be known as the Nigeria Police Force, and subject to the provisions of this section no other police force shall be established for the Federation or any part thereof.

(2) Subject to the provisions of this Constitution -

(a) the Nigeria Police Force shall be organised and administered in accordance with such provisions as may be prescribed by an act of the National Assembly;

(b) the members of the Nigeria Police shall have such powers and duties as maybe conferred upon them by law;

(c) the National Assembly may make provisions for branches of the Nigeria Police Force forming part of the armed forces of the Federation or for the protection of harbours, waterways, railways and air fields.

215. (1) There shall be -

(a) an Inspector-General of Police who, subject to section 216(2) of this Constitution shall be[b] appointed by the President on the advice of the Nigeria Police Council from among serving members of the Nigeria Police Force[/b];

(b) a Commissioner of Police for each state of the Federation who shall be appointed by the Police Service Commission.

(2) The Nigeria Police Force shall be under the command of the Inspector-General of Police and contingents of the Nigeria Police Force stationed in a state shall, subject to the authority of the Inspector-General of Police, be under the command of the Commissioner of Police of that state.

(3) The President or such other Minister of the Government of the Federation as he may authorise in that behalf may give to the Inspector-General of Police such lawful directions with respect to the maintenance and securing of public safety and public order as he may consider necessary, and the Inspector-General of Police shall comply with those direction or cause them to be compiled with.

(4) Subject to the provisions of this section, the Governor of a state or such Commissioner of the Government state as he may authorise in that behalf, may give to the Commissioner of Police of that state such lawful directions with respect to the maintenance and securing of public safety and public order within the state as he may consider necessary, and the Commissioner of Police shall comply with those directions or cause them to be complied with:

Provided that before carrying out any such directions under the foregoing provisions of this subsection the Commissioner of Police may request that the matter be referred to the President or such minister of the Government of the Federation as may be authorised in that behalf by the President for his directions.

(5) The question whether any, and if so what, directions have been given under this section shall not be inquired into in any court.

216. (1) Subject to the provisions of this constitution, the Nigeria Police Council may, with the approval of the President and subject to such conditions as it may think fit, delegate any of the powers conferred upon it by this Constitution to any of its members or to the Inspector-General of Police or any other member of the Nigeria Police Force.

Now, from the above there is nowhere loyalty to the president is mentioned. Take note of the bolded parts. That he was appointed by the president which is a function of the law do not make his loyalty exclusive to him. It's as if you are saying the chief justice of the federation should be loyal to the president as to satisfy his whims and caprices to the detriment of other Nigerians. The writers of the constitution are not drunkards. These are institutions whose loyalty as prescribed by the constitution remain only to the law they swore they protect. It is only because of the naivety and legal lukewarm attitude of the people that allow for the sitting president to turn institutions of state to personal properties. That is why we need a government who can truly respect our constitution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by jamillion: 11:12am On Apr 18, 2015
Quiet unnecessary,
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by Medley(m): 11:13am On Apr 18, 2015
ajealadick:

Are you saying that apart from these corrupt people in the various offices we can't replace them with other people with equal or more qualifications and credibility?

you've spoken well and issue based that's why am replying you. GMB is trying to streamline the number of cabinets in Nigeria and reduce cost of governance,this will lead to fewer position for polical settlement,

you know Nigerians want thier zone to be represented,the major yorubas i spoke to were angry at GEJ for not appointing them in high positions.

Inasmuch as he will fire many inept people and replace them with competent ones,he should ensure that the zones are duly compensated in his government. Cos as it stands the south-east won't have any position in the senate or HOR. For example.
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by harrysteeze: 11:19am On Apr 18, 2015
1. Everyone is entitled to their opinion
2. I am disappointed that some people are still ignorant of No.1
3. If you believe someone's opinion/statement is pointless or wrong then say what you think is right and don't be egotistic or arrogant about it.
4. To be continued...

Anyway, my one kobo advice is that buhari should do what is right and in accordance with the constitution.
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by Caveatemptor(m): 11:26am On Apr 18, 2015
General Buhari has to sack Abdullahi Inde Dikko the Comptroller General of Customs and probe his tenure appropriately.
The activities of that renowned smuggler Dahiru Mangal at Jibiya border in Katsina state needs to be probed. The economic sabotage perpetrated by this character with the support of Dikko needs to be looked into urgently.
Apart from his corrupt activities that are supported by Ngozi Okonjo Iweala,Mr Dikko has turned the Customs into his personalised fiefdom where he rules like an Emperor.
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by synergycom19: 11:30am On Apr 18, 2015
Medley:

-----------------------------------------
most positions in Nigeria are zoned to ensure that each geopolitical zone is represented,care must be taken not to leave a particular zone out of the equation.
This were the kind of advice that Finished GEJ
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by ogene007: 11:45am On Apr 18, 2015
curiouses:

I guess that he should replace them with your fellow Almajiris and their Hausa/ Fulani masters who connived to rig him out of office. From these type of silly commentaries, it is increasingly getting clear that the third republic has outlived its lifespan. Rubbish.
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by ogene007: 11:47am On Apr 18, 2015
curiouses:

I guess that he should replace them with your fellow Almajiris and their Hausa/ Fulani masters who connived to rig GEJ out of office. From these type of silly commentaries, it is increasingly getting clear that the third republic has outlived its lifespan. Rubbish.
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by mentorandfriend(m): 11:55am On Apr 18, 2015
barcanista:
Some of you just spew rubbish. The Best Budari could do to Mbu is to ask the IGP to redeploy him. Buhari can't "fire" him just like that(except he was indicted, even at that it can be contested in court see Ribadu Vs FG). All you Buharists could be myopic. Buhari isn't a military dictator, he was elected PRESIDENT with no absolute power. All his actions MUST follow the constitution.
See Mr Rubish himself, talking!
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by PeeJY(f): 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2015
Its unfortunate a lot of people including d writer are naïve and don't knw d constitutional duties of most agencie especially security agencies. Buhari bn a retired general himself knws wat "taking orders" is. For ur information, d loyalty and Allegianc of All security personnel is to d government of d day, the President. Mary Ogar is only d spokesperson to sss and nt d DG, she's only following a lawful directive. D IG of police and d militart spokeperson is also following others. Come May 29th, d loyalty of all dis pple will shift to Buhari automatically. Security agencies is not INEC, dy are not independent but loyal to d presidency. During d military regime it was so, in a democratic syst. It continues. Now dat PDP is d oPposition, it is expected (like I've seen during d state election) for PDP to start accusing APC of using security agencies to intimidate and harrass dr supporter. Dat's how politics is
Re: People Buhari Must Fire To Show He Means Business - Farooq Kperogi by Mordyb: 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
Nothing happens marylin ogar without the DG approval it not police and beside her rank is that of a director so will just be moved to another post trust me on this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Re-Arraigns Sule Lamido, Sons, Others / Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose / Governorship: Battlegrounds Shift To Kogi, Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.