Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,821 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed (27218 Views)

Buhari Will Go Back To UK In Few Weeks Time For Follow-Up Treatment -SR / Ministerial List: Why Buhari Holds On To 15 Other Nominees / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by PassingShot(m): 8:18am On Apr 18, 2015
It is true that success draws more friends to you. It is also a truism that the same success gets you more enemies who will want you to fail. These two statements have been proved to be correct since emergence of General Buahri as the president-elect of Nigeria following the elections of March 28, 2015.

Ordinarily, a topic on whether Buhari will succeed or not is not what anyone should bother his brain about since very soon we will have the opportunity to judge how he will likely perform based on the first few policy statements and appointments. But since the enemies who always like to see the cup as half-empty will not be patient to wait for GMB to assume the mantle of leadership in about six weeks’ time, they have started to write on why Buhari Might not succeed https://www.nairaland.com/2261258/4-reasons-why-buhari-might

It is based on that article that I, on behalf of patriotic citizens who like to see the cup half-full, decided to give ten reasons why Buhari will succeed in his presidency. These ten reasons include the four reasons adduced by the TANoids/GEJites/PDPeegs for why GMB might fail; but we have to see them differently.

As egift stated in his post on that thread, those four reasons are indeed seen as strengths:
egift:
All the unbelievers will be disappointed. From day one you guys have promised and projected one disappointment or the other, but Buhari has always defeated your negativities.

One the points you mention, here is my take:

1. His party:
The APC is a party we all can see its origin and evolution. It grew from nothing and gradually/rapidly gain traction through deliberate efforts not accidents. The party was built from scratch. The PDP on the other hand was just put together in 1997 - 1998 and since then had never been tested. This is the time for PDP to start building their party for the very first time. Unlike APC, they don't have the will and enthusiasm. Just a quest to get power come 2019 (and if they fail, the rats will jump off the sinking boat faster than they came).

2. His leadership
Buhari has proven time without number to be a man who can hold he ground in the face of any change. And being surrounded by people who also understands leadership, he will achieve a lot. Buhari have all the experiences and lessons he needs to succeed. Also he is free from greed, which the biggest factor that destroys many Nigeria leaders.

3. His precedent
Before even taking this position as President, Buhari understands the problem facing Nigeria and the enormity of the challenges. Until Jonathan's 2015 New Year's message, GEJ did not consider Corruption a major problem. But Buhari since 2013 have insisted that if Nigeria will develop, Corruption must be tackled. While the expectations are very high, by running a transparent system of governance and making tangible delivery, Nigerians are very willing to be patient with him to deliver.

4. His popularity
Buhari is popular among the masses because he understands and fight for their interest. In fact Buhari could have been president before now if he pursued the interest of the corrupt elites. In the north, despite the follower-ship among the people, their elites always frustrate him out just to protect their loot. With the masses behind Buhari and by delivering solution to the problems facing Nigeria, Buhari will leave a solid legacy as both President, Commander-in-Chief and Father of Nigeria.

Summery:
The things you consider as setbacks for Buhari, is rather his driving force. I see a New and better Nigeria ahead. Sai Buhari. God bless Nigeria.

In addition:
His Party, APC
APC as a party has a clearly written manifesto which is available in the public domain and the manifesto addresses most of the challenges of Nigeria. It is also a common knowledge that APC-controlled states have outperformed majority of the PDP-controlled states. One only needs to take a look at achievements recorded in Lagos, Rivers, Osun, Kano, Imo and compare with states such as Akwa-Ibom, Delta, Bayelsa and many other states they have led to backwardness since 1999. Finally, there is no party that does not have the good, the bad and the ugly of our politicians. All parties will have to manage different shades of persons and it is how these people are managed by each party’s leadership that determines their performance. Whereas APC has the welfare of the citizens at heart, PDP’s mentality is looting and stealing while giving crumbs to the led. Nothing more, nothing less!

His Leadership
One of the characteristics of a good leader is ability to delegate authority and give responsibilities to his/her subordinates. How then can a right-thinking person see this quality as a negative thing? Buhari had held leadership positions prior to becoming Head of State in 1983 and also after been overthrown by IBB. A sincere and unbiased mind only needs to take a look at how he led PTF to national and international commendations to appreciate that GMB is a good leader.

MayorofLagos Obiagelli arewafederation Ishilove Seun berem gbawe pendy7

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by PassingShot(m): 8:18am On Apr 18, 2015
The remaining six reasons:

5. Buhari’s Incorruptibility
His worst enemies, despite having accused him of many things, have not been able to accuse Buhari of corruption. GMB has been investigated on many occasions in the hope that remote evidences linking him to corruption will be unearthed yet nothing has been found. Even in their despicable documentary to demonize the amiable General during electioneering campaign, PDP could not claim that he was corrupt. This quality will surely help Buhari to achieve good result in his fight against corruption during his presidency.

6. Averseness to Material Wealth
It is a public knowledge that Muhammadu Buhari is defined by simplicity and contentment. Despite having held many positions which could have made him to own skyscrapers and private jets, Buhari remains an embodiment of modest living. To have better insight of this man, you may want to read this article here http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/daura-simplicity-contentment-redefined-in-buharis-abode/ Again, this attribute will help him to put many politicians with penchant for opulence in check.

7. His “can do” Spirit and Doggedness
This is demonstrated in his ability to contest for the highest office on four consecutive occasions starting from 2003. Except we want to deceive ourselves, only a few human beings can continue to remain undeterred having experienced failures on three consecutive occasions, some of the failures humiliating. This quality will surely come in handy in achieving success in many daunting tasks he will surely encounter as he pilots the affairs of Nigeria.

8. His belief in the Rule of Law
To demonstrate his belief in the rule of law and show his respect for the laws, GMB pursued all his previous election losses to the highest court in the land, the Supreme Court. I have no doubt in my mind that Buhari didn’t have absolute expectations that the courts will overturn those election outcomes but he nevertheless demonstrated that he trusted the courts even though many Nigerians knew that nothing would come out of those cases. With Buhari as our president, we will surely not see a case where 16 will be greater than 19 or where seven lawmakers will be able to impeach the speaker and sack nineteen of their colleagues. The era of impunity in this regard will be a thing of the past with Buhari’s presidency.

9. His Military Training
Not until recently, Nigerians have known the military institution to be a disciplined and professional institution. In the days when discipline and professionalism were the order of the day, Buhari was a GOC, a military governor of the NE, rose to become a Major general and also led the army as the Commander in Chief. His successes in all these military positions will surely come handy in providing direction to the NA as we fight to eliminate terrorism from our land. With Buhari at the helms of our affairs, Nigerians should expect a more disciplined and professional armed forces to defend the country.

10. Buhari Knows that Failure is Not an Option
Buhari is aware of the expectations of Nigerians and as such knows that he has to act differently. In a recent news report on how he intends to tackle Boko Haram, our amiable president-elect said:

"My administration, which will take office on May 29, will act differently – indeed it is the very reason we have been elected. This must begin with honesty as to whether the Chibok girls can be rescued. Currently their whereabouts remain unknown. We do not know the state of their health or welfare, or whether they are even still together or alive. As much as I wish to, I cannot promise that we can find them: to do so would be to offer unfounded hope, only to compound the grief if, later, we find we cannot match such expectation. But I say to every parent, family member and friend of the children that my government will do everything in its power to bring them home".

Buhari has the political will to take decisive actions which are what is required in tackling many Nigeria’s problems. It is the lack of political will that made his predecessors to fail and it is my hope, as many others’ that GMB will succeed where they failed.

Long Live President-Elect Buhari
Long Live APC
Long Live FRN

egift, mzjackbuaress, omenka, ibnsultann, Gbawe, demdem, Raiders, Rawani, donphilous, BosstTdiamonds, adufetoposh, sukkot, clerverly, holatin, lalasticlala, dayo23, keneking, ngeneukwenu, severusSnape Eurobomber barcanista

130 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by adebisiolumide5(m): 8:20am On Apr 18, 2015
Baba has already succeeded!!! !!! Change is imminent.......

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by fendorf(m): 8:21am On Apr 18, 2015
Nicee write up

30 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by snika: 8:25am On Apr 18, 2015
Buhari is an "ekwu-eme", ie. he's a talk-and-do man. So I believe in everything he says he'll do including stabilizing global oil prices and bringing $1 to be equal to 1 naira.

Can't you see how he made the country ungovernable for GEJ through 4 years just as promised, soaking dogs and baboons in blood in the far north and South West via his Time Magazine "Man Of The Year," Abubakar Shekau?

Sire, just like GEJ, we can't wait for you to get started. We'll not only curse and spit on your certificateless face in every clueless move you make, we'll make sure you do not die of HBP so you can live to be haunted by the spirit of those innocent corpers you killed in 2011.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by Noneroone(m): 8:29am On Apr 18, 2015
Op you are writing OP grin so u actually mean that osun progressed while Akwa ibom experienced backwardness. If the Abokki-elect has this sense of reasoning (which i believe) then, his govt will crumble earlier than expected.

He must make 1naira= 1dollar

give every school child meals everyday

stabilize global oil prize

pay all unemployed pple 5000 naira every month

we are waiting

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by Sweetguy25: 8:30am On Apr 18, 2015
I've come to notice many Nigerians don't know the critical problems facing the country.

Which problem of Nigeria will Buhari succeed in solving?

Is it education?
Is it corruption?
Is it poor infrastructure?
Is it tribalism?
Is it unemployment?
Is it the unfair and inefficient federal system in Nigeria?
Is it security?

Buhari is wasting his time.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by PassingShot(m): 8:31am On Apr 18, 2015
Sweetguy25:
I've come to notice many Nigerians don't know the critical problems facing the country.

Is it education?
Is it corruption?
Is it tribalism?
Is it unemployment?
Is it security?

You're obviously used to failing!

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by Sweetguy25: 8:45am On Apr 18, 2015
PassingShot:

And you're obviously delusional.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by PassingShot(m): 8:56am On Apr 18, 2015
snika:
Buhari is an "ekwu-eme", ie. he's a talk-and-do man. So I believe in everything he says he'll do including stabilizing global oil prices and bringing $1 to be equal to 1 naira.

Can't you see how he made the country ungovernable for GEJ through 4 years just as promised, soaking dogs and baboons in blood in the far north and South West via his Time Magazine "Man Of The Year," Abubakar Shekau?

Sire, just like GEJ, we can't wait for you to get started. We'll not only curse and spit on your certificateless face in every clueless move you make, we'll make sure you do not die of HBP so you can live to be haunted by the spirit of those innocent corpers you killed in 2011.

I keep telling you that the lies and half-truths that didn't win you the presidency can NEVER make GMB fail.

All the claims you ascribe to GMB have no proof. We have asked you severally for evidence but you've failed to bring any.

Kontunu!

51 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by chamboy(m): 8:59am On Apr 18, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Is it education?
Is it corruption?
Is it tribalism?
Is it unemployment?
Is it security?

don't use failure to inflict us abeg

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 18, 2015
Its well. All i have to do is to pray for him.

14 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria will have a GOVT come may 29. That is base on transparency,Honesty,selfless service and patriotism.

NO room for Mediocrity ,illegality,criminality or Public Rascality

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by omenka(m): 9:33am On Apr 18, 2015
PassingShot:

Some people are best ignored. He apparently has no idea the effect an honest fight against corruption could have on the every other sector of the economy. These guys are just too basic in their understanding of politics and business.

20 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by GeneralBosco: 9:36am On Apr 18, 2015
snika:
Oga, there's still 2million up for grabs on a thread (i'll provide you with the link). The simple task is just to provide "video proof" where Buhari said "I will make 1Naira equal to 1 dollar". The thread has been up for almost 2weeks. Till today, none of you fools have been able to do that yet you go around the forum spreading falsehood just to hide your pain grin

Buhari is the owner of Times Magazine?? This is a new level of stupidity. shocked

62 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by PassingShot(m): 9:36am On Apr 18, 2015
omenka:
Some people are best ignored. He apparently has no idea the effect an honest fight against corruption could have on the every other sector of the economy. These guys are just too basic in their understanding of politics and business.

You're right.

The unfortunate thing is they're many and keep increasing despite that we're in a technology era. They have refused to educate themselves and also refused to be taught.

11 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by GeneralBosco: 9:39am On Apr 18, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Is it education?
Is it corruption?
Is it tribalism?
Is it unemployment?
Is it security?

What point have you now raised from this comment??

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by usbcable(m): 9:45am On Apr 18, 2015
PassingShot:
The remaining six reasons:
5. Buhari’s Incorruptibility
His worst enemies, despite having accused him of many things, have not been able to accuse Buhari of corruption. GMB has been investigated on many occasions in the hope that remote evidences linking him to corruption will be unearthed yet nothing has been found. Even in their despicable documentary to demonize the amiable General during electioneering campaign, PDP could not claim that he was corrupt. This quality will surely help Buhari to achieve good result in his fight against corruption during his presidency.
6. Averseness to Material Wealth
It is a public knowledge that Muhammadu Buhari is defined by simplicity and contentment. Despite having held many positions which could have made him to own skyscrapers and private jets, Buhari remains an embodiment of modest living. To have better insight of this man, you may want to read this article here http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/daura-simplicity-contentment-redefined-in-buharis-abode/ Again, this attribute will help him to put many politicians with penchant for opulence in check.
7. His “can do” Spirit and Doggedness
This is demonstrated in his ability to contest for the highest office on four consecutive occasions starting from 2003. Except we want to deceive ourselves, only a few human beings can continue to remain undeterred having experienced failures on three consecutive occasions, some of the failures humiliating. This quality will surely come in handy in achieving success in many daunting tasks he will surely encounter as he pilots the affairs of Nigeria.
8. His belief in the Rule of Law
To demonstrate his belief in the rule of law and show his respect for the laws, GMB pursued all his previous election losses to the highest court in the land, the Supreme Court. I have no doubt in my mind that Buhari didn’t have absolute expectations that the courts will overturn those election outcomes but he nevertheless demonstrated that he trusted the courts even though many Nigerians knew that nothing would come out of those cases. With Buhari as our president, we will surely not see a case where 16 will be greater than 19 or where seven lawmakers will be able to impeach the speaker and sack nineteen of their colleagues. The era of impunity in this regard will be a thing of the past with Buhari’s presidency.
9. His Military Training
Not until recently, Nigerians have known the military institution to be a disciplined and professional institution. In the days when discipline and professionalism were the order of the day, Buhari was a GOC, a military governor of the NE, rose to become a Major general and also led the army as the Commander in Chief. His successes in all these military positions will surely come handy in providing direction to the NA as we fight to eliminate terrorism from our land. With Buhari at the helms of our affairs, Nigerians should expect a more disciplined and professional armed forces to defend the country.
10. Buhari Knows that Failure is Not an Option
Buhari is aware of the expectations of Nigerians and as such knows that he has to act differently. In a recent news report on how he intends to tackle Boko Haram, our amiable president-elect said:
"My administration, which will take office on May 29, will act differently – indeed it is the very reason we have been elected. This must begin with honesty as to whether the Chibok girls can be rescued. Currently their whereabouts remain unknown. We do not know the state of their health or welfare, or whether they are even still together or alive. As much as I wish to, I cannot promise that we can find them: to do so would be to offer unfounded hope, only to compound the grief if, later, we find we cannot match such expectation. But I say to every parent, family member and friend of the children that my government will do everything in its power to bring them home".
Buhari has the political will to take decisive actions which are what is required in tackling many Nigeria’s problems. It is the lack of political will that made his predecessors to fail and it is my hope, as many others’ that GMB will succeed where they failed.
Long Live President-Elect Buhari
Long Live APC
Long Live FRN
egift, macjackbuaress, omenka, ibnsultann, Gbawe, demdem, Raiders, Rawani, donphilous, BosstTdiamonds, adufetoposh, sukkot, clerverly, holatin, lalasticlala, dayo23, keneking, ngeneukwenu, severusSnape Eurobomber barcanista
o think its spelt mzjackbauress
Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by searchcorp(m): 9:52am On Apr 18, 2015
I'm an unrepentant believer in the fact that Buhari's Government will by God's grace bring stupendous prosperity to Nigerians.

Toast to prosperity!!!

28 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 18, 2015
Will this ever make front page? Maybe if we pay Ad fee. Great post PassingShot

3 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by baralatie(m): 10:02am On Apr 18, 2015
Sweetguy25:

Is it education?
Is it corruption?
Is it tribalism?
Is it unemployment?
Is it security?

these are code issues!
Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by PassingShot(m): 10:03am On Apr 18, 2015
Obiagelli:
Will this ever make front page? Maybe if we pay Ad fee. Great post PassingShot

Let's hope the powers that be will do the appropriate thing since the thread this one is countering made front page as well.

Thanks for the commendation.

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by PassingShot(m): 10:04am On Apr 18, 2015
usbcable:
o think its spelt mzjackbauress

Thanks. It's corrected.
Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by Raiders: 10:08am On Apr 18, 2015
Let us pray that Buhari succeed as a president because if Buhari fails as a president Its ordinary Nigerians like me and you that will suffer it. We should all support Buhari and hope for the best. If he doesn't perform like GEJ he will be voted out too.

12 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by Matttthew(m): 10:08am On Apr 18, 2015
I trust he will clear it
When he slashes the whole salaries of the thieves senators n bad belles.....

1 Like

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by chynie: 10:08am On Apr 18, 2015
we are waiting for the aboki(Buhari) to come and perform his miracle. just note where GEJ stopped so we can count his achievements by the end of 4yrs undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by scribble: 10:09am On Apr 18, 2015
Nigeria finally gets to see if what they say about abo.kis is true
Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by RichDad1(m): 10:09am On Apr 18, 2015
Sure
Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by Firefire(m): 10:09am On Apr 18, 2015
[size=18pt]10. Buhari Knows that Failure is Not an Option

Buhari is aware of the expectations of Nigerians and as such knows that he has to act differently.
[/size]

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Gen. Mohamodu Buhari Rtd., You shall surely succeed if you choose to succeed, BUT you MUST NOT FAIL.

- YOU MUST FIGHT CORRUPTION to standstill, beginning from your camp.

- 24 HOURS POWER SUPPLY Nigerians demands from your government within the next 24 Months.

- Millions of Jobs both white collar, blue collar, green collar and all manners of collars Nigerians need you to achieve within the next few months.

- Security of lives and properties and eradicating boko haram which is one of the bedrock of your campaign must be achieve within the next few weeks as promised.

WHAT IS BOKO HARAM?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELbPsKUtdNk

Full Interview here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjHb2mjng1U

We trust in your super ability to perform, we pray that Almighty Allah grant you wisdom on this tasks.

We are around the corners to verify your promises vs. your performance.

God bless Nigeria.

Shalom!

Firefire.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ten Reasons Why Buhari Will Succeed by Entchidodo: 10:09am On Apr 18, 2015
A comical and naive response to the brutally precise thread posted here days back....Nigeria in the 010s is far advanced and complex than Nigeria in the 80s innadition to his age and horribly eroded intellect it won't surprise us if Osibande becomes the brain with thieffnubu pulling the puppet's strings...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye At Anti-Corruption Summit In London: Caption Photo / Samuel Omotoso: House Linked By EFCC To Fayose Is Mine / Outrage In Ekiti PDP Over Secret Oath-Taking By Fayose’s Loyalists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.