Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State (1035 Views)

Buhari Seeks $500m Loan For Lagos, Diaspora Bond / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / IBM Helps Lagos State Design A Transportation System For Future Growth. Pics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by petebroman: 2:59pm On Jan 30, 2009
Lagos State Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola (SAN) introduces a new transportation system for Lagos State that will commute 1.2 million passengers daily across the state and ease road traffic across the metropolis.  grin VIDEO  tongue
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by toba1909(m): 2:01am On Jan 31, 2009
Fashola is the man!

Eko oni baje!
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by lacrimose(f): 10:29pm On Jan 31, 2009
This is a good leader
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by BOSS7: 10:33pm On Jan 31, 2009
I'll include this guy in my daily prayers if this works. First time Marina would serve the purpose for which it's named after. God bless this man if he could initiate this project.
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by Moves: 11:01pm On Jan 31, 2009
Wow, If he could deliever these, He would have proven all nay sayers wrong, me included, Like his vision, this is what we need in nigeria visionary leadership, By also making the video gives the people of the state hope for a better tomorrow, 2011, Is that the election year, trust me if he delivers on just this alone , he has more than merited a relection.
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by Kobojunkie: 11:06pm On Jan 31, 2009
Moves:

Wow, If he could deliever these, He would have proven all nay sayers wrong, me included, Like his vision, this is what we need in nigeria visionary leadership, By also making the video gives the people of the state hope for a better tomorrow, 2011, Is that the election year, trust me[b] if he delivers on just this alone , he has more than merited a relection.[/b]
Absolutely!
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by UNLEASHED(m): 11:53pm On Jan 31, 2009
Fashola is the man!
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by Hotstepper(f): 1:57am On Feb 01, 2009
nice, I saw alot of them this past xmas I was in Nigeria, They are blue in colour and is called BRT buses. They are just like the ones u will see in any developed country with the names displaying allowing people to see it. It also gat its own separate lane so no traffic for them and have fancy bus-stops shelter also. The man is really doing well. For once, I enjoyed my stay in Lagos. Lagos is now very neat, lesser traffic and da one that trips me the most is the beautification he is giving that city. I love the man.
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by lucabrasi(m): 12:27pm On Feb 01, 2009
toba1909:

Fashola is the man!

Eko oni baje!
i hear you sir,he has always been and will always be, the man is just starting
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by ilaugh1: 12:45pm On Feb 01, 2009
the only way to make critics like B. O. S. S. and KOBOJUNKIE keep quiet is for Fashola to press on with projects like this and make sure he doesnt listen to any of such meaningless avocados - i thought this was going to raise so much meaningless discourse like the CCTV thing did! Look at them even saying kudos to Fashola, the same man they had hitherto called names for daring to initiate the CCTV project. hmmm - we now know Fashola knows better than these egg heads - te hehe -tetetetet,
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by ModestSam(m): 1:01pm On Feb 01, 2009
I guess you expect people to press on with whatever they think, be it right or wrong. That would be a stupid position to take.
Why would you just follow a leader blindly, regardless of what he is doing? You should encourage him when he tries to improve the living standard, and criticize him when he wastes our resources on useless and PR projects that wouldn't benefit the masses.

i_laugh:

and make sure he doesnt listen to any of such meaningless avocados - i thought this was going to raise so much meaningless discourse like the CCTV thing did!
Just so you know, I'm against the CCTV projest as well, as CCTV is meant to complelement the actions of the police force on the ground, not to replace it.
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Feb 01, 2009
ModestSam:

I guess you expect people to press on with whatever they think, be it right or wrong. That would be a stupid position to take.
[b]Why would you just follow a leader blindly, regardless of what he is doing? You should encourage him when he tries to improve the living standard, and criticize him when he wastes our resources on useless and PR projects that wouldn't benefit the masses.[/b]Just so you know, I'm against the CCTV projest as well, as CCTV is meant to complelement the actions of the police force on the ground, not to replace it.

Common sense!
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by doyin13(m): 5:53pm On Feb 01, 2009
lol
ModestSam:

Why would you just follow a leader blindly, regardless of what he is doing? You should encourage him when he tries to improve the living standard, and criticize him when he wastes our resources on useless and PR projects that wouldn't benefit the masses.
Just so you know, I'm against the CCTV projest as well, as CCTV is meant to complelement the actions of the police force on the ground, not to replace it.

Your position is perfectly understandable as is the optimistic note of most of this thread.

Just the idea that someone in government is actually making an effort, whether misguided or not is something to celebrate.

But of course thesame sense of optimism surrounded Tinapa and D. Duke, and that project is proving a white elephant at the moment sha.
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by BOSS7: 11:01am On Feb 02, 2009
i_laugh:

the only way to make critics like B. O. S. S. and KOBOJUNKIE keep quiet is for Fashola to press on with projects like this and make sure he doesnt listen to any of such meaningless avocados - i thought this was going to raise so much meaningless discourse like the CCTV thing did! Look at them even saying kudos to Fashola, the same man they had hitherto called names for daring to initiate the CCTV project. hmmm - we now know Fashola knows better than these egg heads - te hehe -tetetetet,

Thank God I made my point before you made yours else people would think I'm a dribbler. Why on earth do you reason with someone else's brain? Why support a leader blindly as someone just quoted you? Are you saying that Fashola cannot put a foot wrong? You need to go back to school of reason and learn to think. That should be your resolution this year regardless of what you do.

You really are a child.
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by lucabrasi(m): 2:02pm On Feb 02, 2009
ModestSam:

and that is your only reason for being against the cctv initiative??lol lol
Re: Lagos State Governor Introduces Modern Transportation System For Lagos State by DisGuy: 2:31pm On Feb 02, 2009
can anyone post the video again, i cant open that one

(1) (Reply)

I Am Pissed! / Borno’s New Law Gives Governor Sheriff, Deputy,lifetime Luxury After 2011 / Turai Bars Family Members, Ministers Get Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.