Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,339 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

I Am Pissed! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Pissed! (1039 Views)

Why Is APC Mouthpiece Punch Newspapers Now Pissed At Buhari?-PHOTO / Seen The Interview? Now I Know Why North Korea Were Pissed / I Am Pissed Off With Nigerians In Asia- They Should Be Expired (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Pissed! by noetic(m): 3:42pm On Apr 25, 2009
It beats me, how wicked the average person is with his thoughts, actions and inactions.
many have been limited, afflicted, made hopeless and lost very sense of humanity because of the wickedness of others.

brilliant minds have been entrapped in the cage of irrelevant limitations caused by others,
destinies have been aborted based on the wickedness of the average person.

This wickedness is displayed in the face of racism, tribalism, stereotyping and other forms of inhuman discrimination.
while slave trade ended centuries ago, and racism legally abolished in the UK, it would amount to denial and ignorance to say the racism does not exist in very large proportion here in the UK.

Racism is a disease that has prevented one man from seeing the inherent beauty, brilliance and great features of another man. Tribalism is a vehicle that drives one man to destroy millions of others based on unfounded and very jejune stereotypes. All of which are as a result of one`s (the racist`s) inability to see beyond his nose and understand that the features that distinguish us, only beautifies us but not identify or divide us.

Am I proud to be a black man? YES. do i consider a black man superior or inferior in any ramifications to the white man? NO.
is there anyone who had a say as to what colour/race, tribe or nation he/she was to be born in? NO
we all were born and found ourselves in various nations with different races, why then should this divide us all.

I still cant understand why the average white guy holds racist and stereotypical views about the black guy in the UK. I cant figure out why exactly why the Yoruba`s hate the ibos and vice versa. It beats my imagination when beautifying concepts (race) we have very little understanding of, become a limiting factor in this crazy world.

My spirit is angry at the institutionalised racism I see here everyday. I am not angry at the system that encourages racism, but I am angry at the individuals that choose not to see beyond their noses and understand that we all are humans.I am angry at the red-necks and whites and some blacks who play the racism card.

But just as I am pissed, I remember that this are the same meaningless factors that limit many people back home in Nigeria. that's even between blacks themselves. I can only conclude that the average person is an enemy unto himself. what a wicked world.
Re: I Am Pissed! by ElRazur: 3:48pm On Apr 25, 2009
I think a few people's action should not let us lose sight of the good work done by the majority. smiley

As for UK, I don't think the people are as racist like your post suggested. I suppose it all boils down to personal experience.
Re: I Am Pissed! by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Apr 25, 2009
ElRazur:

I think a few people's action should not let us lose sight of the good work done by the majority. smiley

As for UK, I don't think the people are as racist like your post suggested. I suppose it all boils down to personal experience.

That there about sums it all up for this thread !!
Re: I Am Pissed! by noetic(m): 4:01pm On Apr 25, 2009
ElRazur:

of course u have a point. but are personal experiences not the yardstick for looking beyond ones noses?

and i see racism beyond the verbal pose, I see it from a corporate point of view that has led to countless limitations against the black or minority person.
While I am pissed at that, my post suggests that I see it (racism/tribalism) more from the human point of view. yoruba vs hausa vs ibo in nigeria, as seen on nairaland and the prevailing underdevelopment in the country, is an evidence that racism/tribalism/discrimination is an ugly human habit, that can be avoided.
Re: I Am Pissed! by ElRazur: 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2009
noetic:

of course u have a point. but are personal experiences not the yardstick for looking beyond ones noses?

and i see racism beyond the verbal pose, I see it from a corporate point of view that has led to countless limitations against the black or minority person.
While I am pissed at that, my post suggests that I see it (racism/tribalism) more from the human point of view. yoruba vs hausa vs ibo in nigeria, as seen on nairaland and the prevailing underdevelopment in the country, is an evidence that racism/tribalism/discrimination is an ugly human habit, that can be avoided.

Yes I guess one can argue that personal experience is what one learn from, but it is probably not always true as an indicator of the wider picture.

I try to believe there are systems set up in the UK here to hold people back, but in all my experience, I am starting to think it is probably a ruse for those who have not achieved what they wanted, or reach their goals hence the blame on the "faceless system"

In the UK, consideration are given to ethnics group in certain jobs. People in the UK will tell you how much uproar that have caused with the white people here. For example if two people both have the same qualifications and attributes, but one is black and the other is white, the government issue a guidelines that actually encourages the black man to be picked over the white man. For me, that goes against everything you mentioned about how racist the UK is.

Looking at it from Nigeria's view. I personally believe the issue of segmentation [i.e tribalism and whatnot] is more or less a ruse and the real problem is the struggle for a share of revenues/benefits of one kind of the other. This is evident by the number of states we have and the constant cries of some other minorities to create more.
Also the problem is more common in our own country due to low levels of education amongst our people.

Over all, it is a well known human trait that we feel comfortable with our own kind. This is not always a good attributes to display in my opinion.
Re: I Am Pissed! by noetic(m): 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2009
ElRazur:

Yes I guess one can argue that personal experience is what one learn from, but it is probably not always true as an indicator of the wider picture.

I try to believe there are systems set up in the UK here to hold people back, but in all my experience, I am starting to think it is probably a ruse for those who have not achieved what they wanted, or reach their goals hence the blame on the "faceless system"
I can assume from ur previous post that this opinion is based on ur personal experience, right?

In the UK, consideration are given to ethnics group in certain jobs. People in the UK will tell you how much uproar that have caused with the white people here. For example if two people both have the same qualifications and attributes, but one is black and the other is white, the government issue a guidelines that actually encourages the black man to be picked over the white man. For me, that goes against everything you mentioned about how racist the UK is.
ur postulations are very uninformed.
Do these regulations have any impact or reflection on the private corporations like AIG, HSBC, VIRGIN, SKY or JC Decaux? u fail to see it from the overall picture, where a boss is a boss, and recruitment decisions are his and only his to be made.

u fouled woefully there.

Looking at it from Nigeria's view. I personally believe the issue of segmentation [i.e tribalism and whatnot] is more or less a ruse and the real problem is the struggle for a share of revenues/benefits of one kind of the other. This is evident by the number of states we have and the constant cries of some other minorities to create more.
well said but very wrong.

but what was the underlying cause of the first coup in 1966?
what was the underlying reason for the Biafra war?
whats the basis of the agitation for MASSOB and becomerich`s benin republic? Are all these not products of tribal sentiments?

I think u have a very minimal understanding of the subject matter.

Also the[b] problem[/b] is more common in our own country due to low levels of education amongst our people.
I thought u said tribalism was no problem?

Over all, it is a well known human trait that [b]we feel comfortable with our own kind. [/b]This is not always a good attributes to display in my opinion.
I never implied that in my original post and if this ur opinion, it is very unfortunate.
my take is whatever the definition of the division, be it racism, tribalism or any sort of discrimination, it is human wickedness and inability to see beyond one`s nose.
Re: I Am Pissed! by ElRazur: 4:46pm On Apr 25, 2009
noetic:

I can assume from ur previous post that this opinion is based on ur personal experience, right?

Yes. I am saying in my experience, people who screams racism in the UK are mostly people who are unable to achieve their goals in life and have resulted to blaming others.

noetic:

ur postulations are very uninformed.
Do these regulations have any impact or reflection on the private corporations like AIG, HSBC, VIRGIN, SKY or JC Decaux? u fail to see it from the overall picture, where a boss is a boss, and recruitment decisions are his and only his to be made.

How am I uninformed? Discrimination is illegal in the UK, how much clearly stated do you want it? These companies you mentioned are even less likely to be racist! You know why? They are in business to make money and as such will employ the best people suited for the job. In which case, it could be black or white.
That you will find, defeat your argument.

noetic:

well said but very wrong.

but what was the underlying cause of the first coup in 1966?
what was the underlying reason for the Biafra war?
whats the basis of the agitation for MASSOB and becomerich`s benin republic? Are all these not products of tribal sentiments?

Coups, calling for breakaway states etc are more or less characteristics of a developing nation.

Yes, while some of these may be of tribal sentiments, the ultimate goal is for control of resources. What do you think the militants in the Niger Delta are fighting for? It is all about controlling resources, even though they claim it is for the good of the people.

noetic:

I think u have a very minimal understanding of the subject matter.
I thought u said tribalism was no problem?
I never implied that in my original post and if this ur opinion, it is very unfortunate.
my take is whatever the definition of the division, be it racism, tribalism or any sort of discrimination, it is human wickedness and inability to see beyond one`s nose.

I do not claim to know everything, and unlike you, I actually try to engage and explain things. smiley
Tribalism in Nigeria is a ruse for other things, that is not to say in itself isn't a problem!

Yes we can classify every negative human behaviour as wickedness, but perhaps understanding the reasons, the how, when why and how it happens may be better than just throwing a blanket of "Wickedness" on it.
Re: I Am Pissed! by noetic(m): 5:39pm On Apr 25, 2009
ElRazur:

Yes. I am saying in my experience, people who screams racism in the UK are mostly people who are unable to achieve their goals in life and have resulted to blaming others.

How am I uninformed? Discrimination is illegal in the UK, how much clearly stated do you want it? These companies you mentioned are even less likely to be racist! You know why? They are in business to make money and as such will employ the best people suited for the job. In which case, it could be black or white.
That you will find, defeat your argument.

what was my argument again? i hate to say u are ignorantly deluded.
i dont recall making this thread a white versus black issue.

all i said was humans sit at the desk representing this institutions. these humans may/may not be racist or discriminative.
racism/tribalism/discrimination is an human inability to see beyond his/her nose. no comapny makes this its official policy, uninformed individuals who i see as wicked postulate this inhibiting inactions.
what has that got to do with profit making or white versus black? please be objective.

Coups, calling for breakaway states etc are more or less characteristics of a developing nation.
no insults intended, but i cant make sense of most of ur postulations.

the irish republicans whose sympathisers pick up arms in the UK, are they a reflection of the developing nation? is the UK a developing nation?

Yes, while some of these may be of tribal sentiments, the ultimate goal is for control of resources. What do you think the militants in the Niger Delta are fighting for? It is all about controlling resources, even though they claim it is for the good of the people.
Tribalism in Nigeria is a ruse for other things, that is not to say in itself isn't a problem!

whats the basis of ur assertion?
did tribalism play a major part in the 1966 coup, biafra civil war and subsequent secessionist movements or not? true or false.
is tribalism a factor in nigeria`s politics true or false?
is tribalism nihilant in nigeria? i honestly dont get any of ur points.

I do not claim to know everything, and unlike you, I actually try to engage and explain things. smiley
when people get unobjective, they display symptoms associated with retards.

how did i claim to know everything? I expressed an opinion and u are attempting to redefine it, by casting an aspersion on my opinion.
fine.

[/quote]
Yes we can classify every negative human behaviour as wickedness, but perhaps understanding the reasons, the how, when why and how it happens may be better than just throwing a blanket of "Wickedness" on it.
[quote]
uhmn. why is common sense such a big deal?

did u read my original post at all?
Re: I Am Pissed! by ElRazur: 11:57pm On Apr 25, 2009
^^ Okay smiley

Just got back in, and don't think I can deal with this again. smiley Sorry about the misunderstanding and all that.

(1) (Reply)

Are Nigeria's Present Leaders And Ministers Intellectually Sound? / Fashola,whats All D Hype About / Group Condemns Order For Prisoners’ Execution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.