Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,752 members, 7,840,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall (19177 Views)

Senator Blames Jonathan For Buhari’s Frequent Foreign Trips / Ex-governor Aliyu Booed And Stoned By Angry Crowd At Inauguration / Governor Aliyu Worships At RCCG, Living Stone Parish, Minna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by synergycom19: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
Off course,stupidity,cluelessness,ignorance,wrong counsel,Greed===failures at a massive scale
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by deletrue: 12:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
Who does not know that the force with which the entire north and west voted against GEJ is a complete gang up. The result of the elections show that even if Buhari was a criple, the north and west would have voted for him based on the degree of HATE for GEJ. It is a complete betrayal. The whole country should know that we are not one Nigeria any more. We have seen from this elections that we are going our own ways shortly.
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Bloggz74(m): 12:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
midolian:
The Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, on Friday attributed the defeat of his party, Peoples Democratic Party, in the presidential election and governorship elections in some state to President Goodluck Jonathan’s refusal to honour a single term pact allegedly reached by its leaders.

The governor spoke in Minna at a convocation lecture of the Federal University of Technology where he was the guest of honour.

The lecture was titled, The Role of Law in the Enhancement of Socio-Economic Growth of the Nation.

Mr. Aliyu, who also lost the May 28 senatorial election to represent Niger East Senatorial District, said he and some of the party’s leaders saw the defeat coming.

“Many of us saw it coming,” he said. “When I reminded us (that President Goodluck Jonathan had agreed to run for one term), they nearly crucified me. When I led the G7 (group of seven aggrieved PDP governors), they did not do what we wanted them to do until five members left and they did what we asked them to do.”

While facing Mr. Jonathan’s political adviser, Rufai Alkali, who also attended the ceremony, Mr. Aliyu recounted how he was nearly crucified two years ago when he spoke about the one-term agreement on a programme on Liberty Radio, Kaduna.

“I recall also that when APC (All Progressives Congress) came on board (emerged as a political party), I was the first person to say I was very happy now, we have a strong party to put PDP on its toes and many people were asking, ‘Are you really a member?’” Mr. Aliyu recounted.

“Up until the last elections, the allegation against me had always been that I was a supporter of APC; and now, you have seen the results.”

The governor also said there could be other reasons for PDP’s poor outing during the polls, among which was the desire by Nigerians to have a change.

“Nigerians wanted a change and Nigerians got the change,” Mr. Alkali said. “You will have many reasons. One, PDP has been around for 16 years and there is no way you will be around for 16 years and you will not make mistakes.

“So, there are many reasons that will be put together and we will be able to understand and guide people.”

Mr. Aliyu also said corruption does not only mean stealing of money but also engaging in malpractices.

He asked Nigerians to refrain from what could destroy the country’s economy.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/181629-election-niger-governor-aliyu-blames-jonathan-for-pdps-downfall.html

Well done Mr Governor general.

Gradually we are knowing why you let them beat u in your state and think we will take the fact that you lost ur senatorial election.

Gradually u will explain why the chief servant turned the chief betrayer.

Gradually you will leave to APC as planed.

Gradually you will be given appointment.

We know it all before now.so keep it.

But DIARIS GOD oooOOo!
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by synergycom19: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
deletrue:
Who does not know that the force with which the entire north and west voted against GEJ is a complete gang up. The result of the elections show that even if Buhari was a criple, the north and west would have voted for him based on the degree of HATE for GEJ. It is a complete betrayal. The whole country should know that we are not one Nigeria any more. 5We have seen from this elections that we are going our own ways shortly.
You are just mocking yourself,GEJ is the Chief Architech of his own downfall,when he abandoned the councel of the Collasious,godfather OBASANJO for ordinary Anthony Aneneih and with Clark kind confused and misled GEJ
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
Chei! GEJ don suffer

GEJ is also responsible for your defeat in senatorial election?
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by timunstopable: 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
deletrue:
Who does not know that the force with which the entire north and west voted against GEJ is a complete gang up. The result of the elections show that even if Buhari was a criple, the north and west would have voted for him based on the degree of HATE for GEJ. It is a complete betrayal. The whole country should know that we are not one Nigeria any more. We have seen from this elections that we are going our own ways shortly.

pls be objective here

the SS and SE voted en mass for Gej you didnt call that betrayal

The North and SouthWest voted for buhari

He got 25% in more than 24 states

Gej was voted out becuase he didnt perform and people didnt feel the impact of his govt

1 Like

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by yommys01(m): 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
Redoil:
Mumu people when gej was going about begging the evil Obj and his evil minions to stop giving PDP a bad name and obj the king of thieves went futher to publish a book against gej.
I have read many silly comments on nairaland, yours is the silliest. Clap for yourself.
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by olaniyanc: 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
Redoil:
Mumu people when gej was going about begging the evil Obj and his evil minions to stop giving PDP a bad name and obj the king of thieves went futher to publish a book against gej.

PDP as a party of monsters have to be wiped out completely and all over Nigeria, all it's leaders to be detained permanently
and the keys thrown away for their crime against humanity.
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by scachy(m): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hahahahah, this man is frustrated to bone marrows
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Reference(m): 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
Okay. It is now the single term. Not good governance issues. Can Nigerians for once in their lives agree on how we should develop as a nation. This assymetric tug of equal opposing aspirations is taking us no where. Can we agree for instance on what basis to hold the government of Buhari accountable and thus re-electable or otherwise. If not by next elections there will not tangible deliverables. Blessed are those who expect nothing (or cannot agree on anything) for they shall never be disappointed. Our problem in this country is purely structural.

1 Like

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Chirokusko: 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2015
Don't blame and don't be surprised, no be him called himself servant. Servants are always dull
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
Beehshorp:

If you quote me again on Nairaland without making sens

Even people wey get brain and dose that don't spew thrash now about gej .. Shey una wan Nigeria by force, gej has given it to u guys enjoy it lemme seesee how long dis cocktail change paty would last

U dey form last bullet as if u be terminator
If you quote me again on Nairaland without making sense, I ll shoot you!
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
My Niger state governor....I once posted on your Facebook wall that you made a mistake by not defecting to apc...you knew pdp was sinking,yet you remained in pdp?...Don't you know in politics there is no permanent friend?....
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by film2(m): 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
I really feel sorry for Good luck Jonathan see the kind of men he is working with;those that want to see him fall....No friends in politics only alliances else if u do otherwise betrayal awaits u...But finally sha GEJ is a lecturer not a politician...
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by TI1919(m): 1:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
All these governors making noise here and there as if GEJ didn't treat them fair, God is watching sha, most of our governors are total failure GEJ gave them free chance and provide them with necessary things which they withhold it from the masses today they are blaming him for their personal failure. God knows everything and I believe and trust God that one day you will repent and surrender your life to Christ.

1 Like

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by ARCAZEEZ: 2:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
its too late to cry when d head is already cut off.,,,,, when u know its coming y didnt u decamp,,,, a fool will always be a fool...... lol
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by deletrue: 2:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
synergycom19:

You are just mocking yourself,GEJ is the Chief Architech of his own downfall,when he abandoned the councel of the Collasious,godfather OBASANJO for ordinary Anthony Aneneih and with Clark kind confused and misled GEJ
It is very shameful to hear you call Obasanjo who is barbarian. One of the most useless Nigerian I will never call any where. Rubbish. Is Obasanjo a human being? Tufiakwa. Instead of celebrating of Obasanjo, I will prefer to be a non Nigerian. A man who fabricated all amount of lies against GEJ and could not provide any proof.
Obasanjo contribution to GEJ failure is even less than zero. It was the great hate the entire north and west have for GEJ that is the cause.
Franckly speaking, the walls will one day bear withness to GEJ.
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Jarus(m): 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
midolian:
Frog-eyed sycophant..if nature was fair, this man would be Diezani Allison Madueke's husband..

You saw it(PDP's downfall) coming and u helped to chant "GEJ continue" despite knowing he (GEJ) wasn't a sellable candidate..you had the opportunity to decamp buh u chose not to, cos of ur greed.

He openly said that "GEJ must not continue, rather the party should field another candidate." He was ignored. But he only worked for GEJ as a party man. Unfortunately for him, APC was on rampage and consumed but him and Jonathan.
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 18, 2015
Pavore9:
Everybody don dey get mouth! ls GEJ also responsible for his losing the Senatorial election?
Laughing out very loud. You are 100% right. They turn every thing to GEJ
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Skoopy(m): 2:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
He spews good of APC becoz he will defect in no time.
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by ekhai(m): 3:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
For wadata house, can any one remind me who moved the motion for the adoption of GEJ as sole presidential candidate of the PDP? So you saw this and you moved the above motion and seconded by Sule Lamido? Aliyu remember there is God oooo. In PePe voice.
Where pepe go hide herself. Abi she don enter prison already?

1 Like

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Yasher: 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
Stop blaming GEJ for your failure as a gov jare. All you did in Niger state is put billboard everywhere and TV screen that isn't working. The park in kpakungu that should have beautified the place is a mess.

Look at ur colleague in Benue state; do I need to talk about him? What of Yero in kaduna who started expanding roads just few months to the elections so try and woo voters. The story is the same everywhere and the people are tired. So don't blame the President. Look at Dankwambo of Gombe that got re-elected because he's a hard-worker
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by chiedu7: 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
[size=14pt]ALIYU PLEASE SHUT UP!

YOU LEAD THE FIGHT AGAINST GEJ
[/size]
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by shamecurls(m): 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2015
Redoil:

That book is going so well in the market as both fwends and enemy's of GEJ's administration re anxious to pick a copy. I heard OBJ nailed GEJ in the book
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by virtuousMe(f): 5:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
My sister GEJ imposed himself on the party, Tukur didn't want to do his bidding, but he was removed as party chairman and suspended. GEJ is the cause of his downfall.
sarahatuba:
pdp's greatest mistake was not doing a presidential primary nd imposing GEJ.....IMO

1 Like

Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by funkyfrevy(f): 8:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
Story Story.
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
virtuousMe:
My sister GEJ imposed himself on the party, Tukur didn't want to do his bidding, but he was removed as party chairman and suspended. GEJ is the cause of his downfall.
Exactly! They could have had a better candidate that'd have had a better chance at the polls....
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by scotz101(m): 12:45am On Apr 19, 2015
midolian:
Frog-eyed sycophant..if nature was fair, this man would be Diezani Allison Madueke's husband..

You saw it(PDP's downfall) coming and u helped to chant "GEJ continue" despite knowing he (GEJ) wasn't a sellable candidate..you had the opportunity to decamp buh u chose not to, cos of ur greed.

What are you saying self? How can he see a loss and refuse to decamp out of 'greed'? Rather had he decamped then it would have been out of greed please...try to understand yourself!
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by gobizzy101: 7:49am On Apr 19, 2015
;DAliyu just go abroad n rest in peace
Re: Election: Niger Governor, Aliyu, Blames Jonathan For Pdp’s Downfall by midolian(m): 9:21am On Apr 19, 2015
scotz101:

What are you saying self? How can he see a loss and refuse to decamp out of 'greed'? Rather had he decamped then it would have been out of greed please...try to understand yourself!
you are quick to forget..its too early to forget hw muazu betrayed the G7 governors..why did he betray them? He betrayed them, poured out their secrets to his corrupt paymaster jst for pocket gains...pls tell me more about greed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Army Arrests Many Dislodged Boko Haram Suspects In Lagos / [photos] Ibadan Is More Developed Than Any Igbo State / Shettima Breaks Fast With Messengers And Drivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.