Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? (2821 Views)

52k Bank Job Or 40k Teaching Job? / N95k Contract Bank Job in Akwa Ibom Or N85k Full Staff Job In Lagos? / Executive Ushers Are Needed For A 60k Contract Based Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by HonEmeritus(m): 3:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hey guys, I got a job in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods manufacturing company but on a contract basis (outsourced staff) with ''No work No pay" kind of arrangement (Daily Wage Plan). But recently I was presented with an opportunity to work as a staff of the company but would be employed with OND certificate(and not my Bsc) and the pay is in the region of 40-45k and with less work hours(7hrs) compared to the contract work which is 12hrs but 50-60k depending on the number of days you came to work.
There are also some benefits attached to working as a company staff which contract staff don't enjoy like annual leave, leave bonus, HMO, Nothing like "no work no pay" etc
Pls guys, is it advisable I take up the new job with a lower pay?
thanks

Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by HonEmeritus(m): 3:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
I will appreciate a sincere response please.
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by dhabeautyjas(f): 3:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
the permanent job will be better as it will allow u more time for yourself and also give u more rest of mind as it is permanent

3 Likes

Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by jamex93(m): 3:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
60k job

when contract ends better job placement with better pay will come

that's if u do the contract job well
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by casiello(m): 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
If there is room for promotion as a full staff, then go for the full staff option. It will also afford you time to look for another job using your bsc certificate and job experience.
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by HonEmeritus(m): 4:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
casiello:
If there is room for promotion as a full staff, then go for the full staff option. It will also afford you time to look for another job using your bsc certificate and job experience.
Thanks, sure, there's room for promotion
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by lalasticlala(m): 4:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
Take that of OND, 40k ,full time, since there is room for promotion, and since it will give u more time and chance. U can still b looking for other opportunities while there. .. It's better than the contract whatever..
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by Cutehector(m): 5:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
lalasticlala:
Take that of OND, 40k ,full time, since there is room for promotion, and since it will give u more time and chance. U can still b looking for other opportunities while there. .. It's better than the contract whatever..
some people like money and are too greedy.
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by wrench: 5:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
Bro, Take The Full Time Job..
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by esosuo: 5:48pm On Apr 18, 2015
Bro if you are working to earn a real living go for the one with 60k Pay dats if you know you won't really have any other usefull tin to do with the other part from the 7hours. For me 7hours is not far from 12 and you work to earn not to be called a staff wen no dey full belle
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by HonEmeritus(m): 6:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
lalasticlala:
Thanks bro!
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by HonEmeritus(m): 6:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
esosuo:
Bro if you are working to earn a real living go for the one with 60k Pay dats if you know you won't really have any other usefull tin to do with the other part from the 7hours. For me 7hours is not far from 12 and you work to earn not to be called a staff wen no dey full belle
The take home for the contract job isn't fixed. It ranges from 50-60k, there are months that I have collected 49,50,53k etc but the max I could collect iis 60k. All dese depends on the number of days I come for work.
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by rattlesnake(m): 6:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
Synagogue
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by HonEmeritus(m): 6:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
rattlesnake:
Synagogue
What's this one saying?
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by Olalan(m): 6:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
Take the full time job, it's better considering the benefits attached and you wouldn't have to worry about going back to the labour market soon. Though the pay is smaller the truth is its not really cool to have been working and stop after some months.
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by waterfas: 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
Guy, go for the new job with lower pay. If you add the other benefits with the pay, its will almost eqaul or more than the contract pay. You can grow in the new job and still have time to look for other job.

1 Like

Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by esosuo: 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
HonEmeritus:

The take home for the contract job isn't fixed. It ranges from 50-60k, there are months that I have collected 49,50,53k etc but the max I could collect iis 60k. All dese depends on the number of days I come for work.
If u are hard working and you want to make more you have a upper hand then on the contract except you want to be flexing some of ur time on other tins and on those talking about permanent and promotions ,man dey work tire b4 private company dey promote person on if it were to be a govt firm better because u will hav retirement option at last on.dis case bro gather all d cash you can now as the tin is still juicy
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by egopersonified(f): 7:48pm On Apr 18, 2015
Full time is far better than contract. Once there is a need to reduce staff strength, as a contract staff, au revoir, you are gone. If you add up the allowances and annual salary, it might exceed the contract pay. Also, you have the advantage of going on leave.

1 Like

Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by Hardheolar(m): 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
Embrace the contract job. Simply because every job you see out there is a part time job. U can kicked out any fuc.king moment.
Re: A 60k Contract Job Or 40k Full Staff Job? by afanide: 10:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
HonEmeritus:
Hey guys, I got a job in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods manufacturing company but on a contract basis (outsourced staff) with ''No work No pay" kind of arrangement (Daily Wage Plan). But recently I was presented with an opportunity to work as a staff of the company but would be employed with OND certificate(and not my Bsc) and the pay is in the region of 40-45k and with less work hours(7hrs) compared to the contract work which is 12hrs but 50-60k depending on the number of days you came to work.
There are also some benefits attached to working as a company staff which contract staff don't enjoy like annual leave, leave bonus, HMO, Nothing like "no work no pay" etc
Pls guys, is it advisable I take up the new job with a lower pay?
thanks

Go for the second Job so you can have time for other things like Investing in [Importation Business]. Dont trust your Job for.

It's wise to have more than one Stream of Income and i recommend IMPORTATION BUSINESS because does not require much of your time, you dont need much Capital to start just 20k, and it's highly Proofitable.

This is not Aliexpress/Alibaba/DHgate etc. Am talking about a Korea Manufacturing Company that i Newly Discovered. Their products are the Best Quality and very CHEAP.

See it here
http://www.smartinternetbiz.pw/nath.htm

If you are in Port-Harcourt, contact me for your Personal ONE-ON-ONE Training.

Nathaniel

(1) (Reply)

Updated-Friday Jobs,apply / Scam Alert: See Invitation To Interview I Got Last Night(screenshort) / Naira Crashes In Value, Dollar Sells For N420

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.