Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes (24990 Views)

How I Lost A Job Because Of A Customised Facebook Name / He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears / He Missed An Interview Because……. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by ochukofortune(m): 3:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
My very good childhood friend Ayo just called me that he missed a job interview that was scheduled for 9a.m on Friday because he didn't have light to press his clothes. I told him he should have given it to laundrymen but he said he got the invite Thursday afternoon and that his area has not seen light for over 2 weeks!

Has this happened to you before? Please share the electricity situation in your area...PHCN a disgrace to Nigeria and yet we keep paying bills

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Edwardhead(m): 3:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
Wetin dis ur tory com teach us?

28 Likes

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by redcliff: 3:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lol.. theres really no excuse.. simple

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lame excuse for being a failure.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Hardheolar(m): 3:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
grin grin. U need to appease d gods in ur village. So u no get stove iron or borrow.
It seems u just graduated for you not to be prepared ahead of any unforseen invitation. Or probably u have a job at hand, if not u will surely find a solution.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
Story that touches the heart.....
Stand still bro, Oluwa is on your side.
Whenever I am faced with an impromptu situation as these, I do "pillow ironing"..,
King's college boarding house taught me how to do these.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Abduletudaye(m): 4:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
Its a pity he lost the job.. Well, ive not had light here for 5day and i see it as normal.. Nigeria isn't ready to move forward. angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by toyeoye(m): 4:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
The road to failure is paved with excuses bro

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by stepo707: 4:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
moral of story,always plan ahead....i have like an extra shirt and trouser ironed for emergency interviews

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by MistarT(m): 5:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
Just get the clothes ironed, change location and press it if need be.Next time be more serious.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by pearlzy92(f): 5:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
He should have gone to a friends house to iron or use stove iron or something..... Too bad he missed it.... That might have been his job

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by FredHandsome(m): 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
Story. From Thursday afternoon up until 7am Friday, he cdnt locate a dry cleaner? That's fallacy of excusentes grin

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by LewisO: 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
Must it be when he as a job interview before he will think of ironing his clothes?

That's why u always need to iron your clothes any giving time u see electricity. ⚡

This is a lesson for those who always wait for something to nock at their door before thinking of what to.

And this also pass a message to me... That always get prepared for anything in live so as not to come against u suddenly without any notice for u to overcome it.

May God help us.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by bigt2(m): 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
what ever happened to coal iron or putting an iron on a stove top press the clothe. He needs to synergise angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by veekid(m): 8:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
oma shey o
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by wiloy2k8(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
laffff............ anoda sharp niga has his job now grin
dat 1 nor be excuse sha .

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by paulolee(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
kk.... shud wi chap for him, pity him or blame GEJ...
bk den wen deY was Less electricity, wi use stove iron, charcoal iron n some oda means...
I tink he isn't crious wt d interview tinz, it's his fault, he shud accept d blame n make amends Dan putting d blame on electricity....
and abT paying d bills with no or less electricity, NOBODY is forced to pay d light bills,.if u ain't comfortable wt d bills, disconnect urself n use generator means...
if d heat is too much in the kitchen, u simply walk out. ..
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by tiamiyukunle69(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
Sorry o. Next time anytime light dey just iron at least clothes wey you go fit wear for two weeks.
Next time always allow your suit to be on stand by. Even if the shirt is not ironed the suit will cover it. Better luck next time

2 Likes

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Rahmatuparker: 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
Eyaah, sorry o!
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Sijo01(f): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
No excuse for failure.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by mrpackager(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
?
?

/??/?/??,??,,,,,??
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by steppin: 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
This excuse is as silly as the Op.
Were you hoping for some kind of pity?
You and your friend needs someone to beat some sense into you.

18 Likes

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by echelons(m): 8:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
No reason for his failure.
His mind is probably not in that job.

3 Likes

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Maczeelly(m): 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
Really
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by okotv(m): 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
blame Jonathan
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
What kinda Xcuse is that,when you know how important it was.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
Not an excuse

God know say I go put that electric iron ontop stove...
E go turn stove iron immediately!

22 Likes 1 Share

ochukofortune:
My very good childhood friend Ayo just called me that he missed a job interview that was scheduled for 9a.m on Friday because he didn't have light to press his clothes. I told him he should have given it to laundrymen but he said he got the invite Thursday afternoon and that his area has not seen light for over 2 weeks!
Has this happened to you before? Please share the electricity situation in your area...PHCN a disgrace to Nigeria and yet we keep paying bills

He didn't lose the job because of NEPA. He lost because he was not organized and couldn't be a step ahead of his environment.

9 Likes

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by notformealone: 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
hmmmm.... Witches at work....

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by jmoore(m): 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
He should have gone like that. Lazy job seeker.

For light matter, light dey my neighbourhood pass Aso rock.

2 Likes

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by VickJames(m): 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
Next time, keep emergency shirts and trouser.

Lesson learnt
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Sweetguy25: 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
Poor excuse. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Npower: Payment Of Stipend Begins / GTB Recruitment 2015 / AIICO Test And Interview Invitation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.