Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,889 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign (26561 Views)

Benue Massacre: Ortom Lazy, Not Qualified To Be Governor - Nyesom Wike / Wike Releases Yakubu Gowon Stadium To APC Free Of Charge For It Rally / This Is How A Councillor Says He Is Delivering His Campaign Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by Locapito(m): 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
ireneidiva:
See Rivers State governor. It's such a shame!
not just ordinary a shame, but A VERY BIG SHAME.

3 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by iretiland: 10:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
If the tribunal is made up of men and women of integrity, then I have no doubt that they will see through his "agbero-oshodi oke" method of winning election and throw him out for a proper election to determine a sane gov'nor for Rivers people. Else, Rivers will be in for another GEJ-like visionless leader. This guy needs to account for his loot at the Fed Min of Education and the alleged pilferage at the NDDC.

3 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by Reference(m): 11:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

If the election was a sham, then Nyesome does not deserve a chance.

You guys keep saying Gov. Amaechi jonzed. What should he do? Lie on the ground and worship Patience who had the audacity to insult a sitting governor on live television. Or the President who suspended him from PDP. How come you guys love GEJ when he did not do one thing for Rivers State except take away Oil Wells from Rivers State.

Meanwhile, Rivers People line up in hospitals for free treatment of sicknesses. Rivers Children go to school free of charge.

Na wa.

At least you can say Gov. Amaechi had a good first tenure. GEJ did nothing for Rivers State in all his stay. Yet, you guys are ready to hunt Gov. Amaechi for Patience Jonathan who doesn't care about anyone except herself.

Please Oga and the rest of you guys. It is Peterside and Wike that contested. To the best of my knowledge Amaechi has done his two terms so why the constant mention of him. In Lagos it was clear, the battle was between Ambode and jimi. So what exactly is happening in Rivers State. Why talk about Amaechi all over the place.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by 49cents(m): 11:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
voxpopp:
Lol...this tout sef get manifesto grin

Has he finished settling his godfathers and godmother(yesus of otueke) that rigged him in

Rivers people are in for a long ride.

His fellow touts and cultists comes first on a scale of preference.

Next to his political godfathers/mother.

By that time, state allocation don finish grin

I laff in okrika grin

Perhaps u r rigtht

But Godfatherism reigns supreme in the soutwest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by Reference(m): 11:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
ddippset:
funny thing is when amaechi and the g7 had problems with the president amaechi kept on visiting the president at the villa but Jonathan preferred pampering the hausa ones among the g7.he felt amaechi was nothing. They took security away from amaechi, they took the pdp structure from amaechi and gave everything to wike. Then amaechi left pdp and there was celebration in port. What were they celebrating? Amaechi's departure. They said it would make the party stronger and better in the state. He joined forces with buhari and stripped Jonathan of his presidency. And now he's a traitor? Lol, sore losers.

Gej has congratulated Buhari and the PDP has moved on, even the APC national hierachy. I think it is you who is sore. Visit Rivers State. 4 out of 5 support Wike. That is a fact, elections or not. He has been a popular fellow before Amaechi's first term. And anyway he was not on the ballot so I wonder why you are so upset he lost. Pally wake up. He did not contest. It was Peterside who did and believe you me, Peterside is just too light-weight as far as Rivers politics is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by cana882(m): 11:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
sCun:
Wike has the support of Rivers people and that is what matters most.
Nobody can intimidate him
which rivers people?? Abeg speak 4 urself cos rivers people never voted him in. Hw can someone intimidate a tout??

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by Jaypea98: 11:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
richidinho:
First to show manifesto

#BuhariWenWillYourManifestoBeReady

Don't tell me you haven't seen a copy of GMB's manifesto. You mean these pictures mesmerised you?
And to think you actually got likes for this shii

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
Reference:

Please Oga and the rest of you guys. It is Peterside and Wike that contested. To the best of my knowledge Amaechi has done his two terms so why the constant mention of him. In Lagos it was clear, the battle was between Ambode and jimi. So what exactly is happening in Rivers State. Why talk about Amaechi all over the place.

Are you saying you do not know that some Rivers People are against APC because they feel Gov. Amaechi betrayed GEJ. So you might say it is an election between Wike and Dakuku but go through this thread from the first page, some people are happy Wike rigged the election because they feel it is a punishment for Gov. Amaechi.

3 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by kluv2(m): 11:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
Manifesto after election.wetin he come take campaign for electorate.river people na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
hotice01:

Do u reside in River?Did u get first hand information or u heard from the media like I did?
Pls don't let sentiments cloud ur sense of fairness.I don't like Wine but he played his cards right and did real good.APC always cry fowl when they lose,just show political sportsmanship and let peace reign.

Please, I reside in Port-Harcourt and this information is not hidden. A polling unit was very close to my house and the same experience was noted in similar areas close to where I stay.

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by ddippset(m): 11:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
Reference:

Gej has congratulated Buhari and the PDP has moved on, even the APC national hierachy. I think it is you who is sore. Visit Rivers State. 4 out of 5 support Wike. That is a fact, elections or not. He has been a popular fellow before Amaechi's first term. And anyway he was not on the ballot so I wonder why you are so upset he lost. Pally wake up. He did not contest. It was Peterside who did and believe you me, Peterside is just too light-weight as far as Rivers politics is.
lemme use the fewest number of words possible : that 's the difference between me and you. You are looking for someone who can play politics, someone who is' heavyweight ' in terms of rivers politics while I am looking for someone who can govern, who can provide a good life for the people. Thank Goodness they ve both been tested. Wike was local government chairman and minister for education. Peterside was a commissioner. If you live in rivers just judge for yourself. You are here talking about too light weight! Sorry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by ddippset(m): 11:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
kluv2:
Manifesto after election.wetin he come take campaign for electorate.river people na wa o
lol. This manifesto is for the re run election. He's already preparing for it. Wike knows the tribunal will reschedule the elections.

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by hugafella(m): 11:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
Wike put in Amaechi there as governor in the first place. but you will all agree that Amaechi lost it midway. he is viewed in Rivers State as a traitor and a fool. he used his state resources to fund APC and remove his brother from office. and he was happy and proud of himself for doing it. this is something the hausa man can never do. see how all the PDP Northern governors sold PDP to APC during the governorship elections? that's a northerner for you. they agree and act when their people are involved. Amaechi will be the biggest loser because he is no longer welcome in Rivers and indeed Niger Delta.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
ddippset:
lemme use the fewest number of words possible : that 's the difference between me and you. You are looking for someone who can play politics, someone who is' heavyweight ' in terms of rivers politics while I am looking for someone who can govern, who can provide a good life for the people. Thank Goodness they ve both been tested. Wike was local government chairman and minister for education. Peterside was a commissioner. If you live in rivers just judge for yourself. You are here talking about too light weight! Sorry.

Grade A answer.

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
hugafella:
Wike put in Amaechi there as governor in the first place. but you will all agree that Amaechi lost it midway. he is viewed in Rivers State as a traitor and a fool. he used his state resources to fund APC and remove his brother from office. and he was happy and proud of himself for doing it. this is something the hausa man can never do. see how all the PDP Northern governors sold PDP to APC during the governorship elections? that's a northerner for you. they agree and act when their people are involved. Amaechi will be the biggest loser because he is no longer welcome in Rivers and indeed Niger Delta.

Who is a traitor to the Rivers People? Is it Gov. Amaechi or GEJ who did nothing for the Rivers People. Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by godwin120alex: 11:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
Pls Wike perform well and return for d Second term so dat the Town crier will be shut for life.

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by hotice01: 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Please, I reside in Port-Harcourt and this information is not hidden. A polling unit was very close to my house and the same experience was noted in similar areas close to where I stay.

Well I can't argue with ur facts,but sure do smell APC all over u.
its all gud bro,one luv

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by ddippset(m): 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Who is a traitor to the Rivers People? Is it Gov. Amaechi or GEJ who did nothing for the Rivers People. Na wa.
the same GEJ who left rivers and bayelsa to develop kano, so koto, and bauchi. The same GEJ who was sharing dollars in yoruba land and nothing for bayelsa people. Who's the traitor? Good question. People no just wan get sense.

3 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by voxpopp: 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
hotice01:

Guy did u check out the margin between the two parties?how are u sure the violence in Rivers isn't orchestrated by Amaechi&APC to dismiss the credibility of the election.
I don't like peeps who see the truth but try to distort it.
as I said earlier,I'm nonpartisan but let's be truthful and objective without bias or sentiments.

U try but we all know rigged or not, buhari was gonna win hands down.

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by ddippset(m): 11:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
hugafella:
Wike did not make amaechi governor. The Supreme Court did. Just like they judged in favour of ifeanyi ararume in imo state. The Supreme Court had already set a precedent. Even the most ignorant lawyer in Nigeria knew amaechi was going to win the case.

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by ibitzbarlow(m): 11:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
All these Rivers People around me can say is Gov. Amaechi betrayed GEJ.

It is time the Rivers People gets it to their head, Patience and GEJ took their Crude Oil wells and gave it to other States. Their so called Son (GEJ) and Daughter (Patience) betrayed them. If they like, let them keep fighting Gov. Amaechi who fought against the Presidency who betrayed the Rivers People who gave GEJ the highest number of votes in the 2011 election.

I have keenly followed your comments in several posts regarding the contentious Soku Oil Wells. You have always painted GEJ and PGEJ as those behind the re-allocation of Soku Oil Wells to Bayelsa and Rotimi Amaechi as the Saint who is fighting to reclaim these oil wells for Rivers State. I wish to use this medium to correct the falsehood you have been selling to innocent Nairalanders on this vexatious issue. Note the following points regarding the truth of this conflict:

1. I am a Rivers man from Abonnema in Akuku-Toru LGA, the same LGA that the Soku Oil Wells originally belong to. As such, I have no reason to rejoice over the loss of such oil wells since the loss in allocation/ revenue affects my people negatively.
2. This dispute started long before GEJ became President, and so no one in his or her right senses would claim that he gave Rivers Oil wells to Bayelsa State.
3.This dispute was as a result of an error in the boundary delineation between Rivers State and Bayelsa States by the NBC in the 11th edition of the Administration map of Nigeria which erroneously shifted the boundary from the original boundary at Santa Barbara River to San Batholomew River
4. The 11th edition of the Administrative map was prepared in 1999 and published in 2000 by which time Rotimi Amaechi was the Speaker of the RSHA while GEJ was Deputy Governor of Bayelsa State. Could GEJ as Deputy Governor have influenced the error on the map? Your guess is as good as mine.
5. The Rivers State Government petitioned the NBC and on the 3rd of July 2002 got apologies from the NBC and a promise to correct the error in the 12th edition of the Administrative map. That, we are still waiting for.
6.In 2011, Rivers State, now under Amaechi, went to court asking the Supreme Court to declare that the Soku fields are in Rivers State and that all allocations due it be given to Rivers State. On 10th July 2012, the Supreme Court unanimously struck out the case stating that it is in no right to grant the relief/declarations sought by the Plaintiff (Rivers State) until the NBC concludes it's work on the final delineation of the boundary between the two states in the expected 12th edition of the Administrative map of Nigeria.

My Point/Position

I strongly believe and hold that the disputed oilfield belongs to Rivers State but the cause of the dispute is neither GEJ nor PGEJ as you want Nairalanders to believe. This is so because the Genesis of the dispute predates Jonathan's Presidency and only became an issue in the public domain when Amaechi started his opposition politics. He was simply hiding behind that dispute to mask his real reasons for defecting from the PDP.
If Amaechi really loves us (Soku people) and is fighting for us, then I ask: Can he or You show the world one single laudable project he executed in the Oceania area of Akuku-Toru LGA of which Soku belongs? The answer is as good as your guess.

PS.
TheGood Joe, please stop labelling Rivers People as ungrateful to Amaechi. We are not ungrateful. It has not always been like this; We loved him when he was performing!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by Reference(m): 12:01am On Apr 19, 2015
ddippset:

That is the fact you choose to ignore. Politics is a game of numbers. It is a popularity contest not a beauty contest. It was clear in the run up to the PDP primaries that it was only Wike who could recover the ticket and the PDP did all to put Wike forward. The APC banked on the Amaechi who is error prone and it not surprising they put Peterside a light-weight candidate (who will not usurp or overshadow Amaechi). Unfortunately the gamble has not paid off.

Good administrator he may be, he is a poor politician and I blame the APC for not schooling him on the art of power play. The route taken by the APC in 16 years of opposition to the Presidency is lost on Amaechi.

2 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by Ximenes45(m): 12:16am On Apr 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

If the election was a sham, then Nyesome does not deserve a chance.

You guys keep saying Gov. Amaechi jonzed. What should he do? Lie on the ground and worship Patience who had the audacity to insult a sitting governor on live television. Or the President who suspended him from PDP. How come you guys love GEJ when he did not do one thing for Rivers State except take away Oil Wells from Rivers State?

Meanwhile, Rivers People line up in hospitals for free treatment of sicknesses. Rivers Children go to school free of charge.

Na wa.

At least you can say Gov. Amaechi had a good first tenure. GEJ did nothing for Rivers State in all his stay. Yet, you guys are ready to haunt Gov. Amaechi for Patience Jonathan who doesn't care about anyone except herself.
Yeah,you've spoken well...BTW I didn't praise PEJ (and Indeed GEJ) for actions meted out against Amaechi over supposed "disloyalty" to their Federal might,I'm totally in support of Amaechi's counteractions...but seriously I think there were times he went to the extreme
Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by Reference(m): 12:17am On Apr 19, 2015
ddippset:
Wike did not make amaechi governor. The Supreme Court did. Just like they judged in favour of ifeanyi ararume in imo state. The Supreme Court had already set a precedent. Even the most ignorant lawyer in Nigeria knew amaechi was going to win the case.

The Supreme Court is not a restaurant where you order meals. To get there you need purpose, drive, backing and loads of cash. Wike helped provide that. And the judges read papers, hear news and weigh cases so don't state it as if supreme court judges are wandering around like vendors looking for the aggrieved to administer justice to. Anyway hope you know your man has thrashed the judiciary in Rivers state. If he doesn't gain favour in Abuja we will know why. He is such a poor politician.

1 Like

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by Ximenes45(m): 12:27am On Apr 19, 2015
richidinho:

Were u expecting to see tractor cultivating yam inside the booklet?
Or may be u want to see people driving thru Olu Obasanjo road with metro rail all in the booklet?
grin grin Azn ehn..
Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by Reference(m): 12:30am On Apr 19, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Are you saying you do not know that some Rivers People are against APC because they feel Gov. Amaechi betrayed GEJ. So you might say it is an election between Wike and Dakuku but go through this thread from the first page, some people are happy Wike rigged the election because they feel it is a punishment for Gov. Amaechi.

And do you know the PDP split because of Jonathan's ambition to contest for a second term. Without that split will the APC have won, no. But that is politics. People vote for all sorts of reasons. It has been my complaint. The average northerner voted GMB because they felt it was the best opportunity at grabbing power back. Why should the average Rivers man apologise for sectional voting. Please if you must have principles apply them across board. What is good elsewhere is good in Rivers. Vice President Sambo lost in his kitchen and people are happy. Amaechi loses in his state and Rivers people are castigated. Why.

In Lagos we saw a Jimi Agbaje torn to shreds in the media for not only opposing the order but soliciting the support of 'foreigners' to plan a 'coup'. He eventually lost and was gracious in defeat.

Rivers people too are saying to Jimi Amaechi, it is unacceptable to stand against the order and connive with 'foreigners'. This is a structural problem. It is bad but what is good in Lagos is good in Rivers. Whenever such negative attitude will change, it must change for all and not just the Rivers man or the east.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by Reader530(m): 1:24am On Apr 19, 2015
He is truly the man to rescue River State from the hands of the enemies
Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by Nobody: 2:57am On Apr 19, 2015
ddippset:
[s]what about taraba, abia, and imo where pdp has been crying and manipulating?[/s] Well I don't care what happened in the states where pdp won or lost, I wasn't there but as far as rivers is concerned, the election was a sham and a charade. [s]If apc congratulates pdp for what happened in rivers even God will not forgive them[/s].

have you seen how confuse you have become.
contracting yourself.
Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by mbulela: 3:54am On Apr 19, 2015
Forget tribunal, Wike won that election.They just amplified the rigging in order to shame Amaechi and show his political ineptitude in local politics.
Talking of Wike, Rivers people are on a trip to nowhere. These catch phrases are no manifesto but generalized phrases thrown up by a few media savvy hangers on of his. I doubt Wike even knows the import of those phrases and I also wonder how a few sentences passes for a manifesto?
I took time to visit the website and it is completely empty barring the landing page.
Compare this to the detailed website that JK had, the campaign handbook that El-Rufai shared during campaigns or even the detailed plans that Nuhu expounded on during his campaigns and you see that Rivers people have entered a one-chance bus.
However, I am sure the looting manifesto has been updated regularly and oiled to perfection.
The next four years will be serious drama in that place unfortunately it seems the violence that it will be laced with is no fun.

3 Likes

Re: Nyesom Wike Releases Manifesto And Pledges To Keep To Every One Of His Campaign by mbulela: 3:59am On Apr 19, 2015
Reference:

The Supreme Court is not a restaurant where you order meals. To get there you need purpose, drive, backing and loads of cash. Wike helped provide that. And the judges read papers, hear news and weigh cases so don't state it as if supreme court judges are wandering around like vendors looking for the aggrieved to administer justice to. Anyway hope you know your man has thrashed the judiciary in Rivers state. If he doesn't gain favour in Abuja we will know why. He is such a poor politician.
Wike played a part in that victory but you guys need to stop rewriting history as if he was the Tinubu of Mimoko in that matter.
There were others who played a part in it. It was a team game.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osita Okechukwu Replies Tinubu: ‘Osho-Virus’ Behind APC Crisis / President Buhari In Close Door Meeting With Hope Uzodimma (Photos) / Facts You Must Know By Pst Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.