Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Clash Of Ideas: Saraki Differs With President-elect Buhari On Assets Declaration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clash Of Ideas: Saraki Differs With President-elect Buhari On Assets Declaration (920 Views)

APC Govs On Assets: We Won’t Follow Buhari’s Example / What Could President-elect Buhari Be Thinking In This Picture? / DSS Appoints Mani As New Chief Security Officer For President-elect, Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clash Of Ideas: Saraki Differs With President-elect Buhari On Assets Declaration by curiouses: 1:48am On Apr 19, 2015
Clash Of Ideas Already! Saraki Differs With President-Elect Buhari On Assets Declaration As A Means Of Ending Corruption

There seems to be a clash of ideas already in the camp of the All Progressives Congress (APC), as Senator Bukola Saraki has stated that declaration of assets by politicians and public office holders would not make anyone less corrupt or accountable to the people.

His remarks differ with those of President-elect, whose opinions in recent times, suggest that his cabinet members will declare their assets, as a way of curbing public corruption in the country, when his regime takes flight on May 29th.

Saraki who made this assertion in an interactive session with Tribune said “I don’t think it is declaration of assets that would make you less corrupt or more accountable.”

However, made this claim against the declaration by President-elect, Gen Muhammadu Buhari that anyone who must work with him should declare his assets publicly in order to halt corruption and enhance transparency.

“I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment.” Buhari stated.

Meanwhile, the All Progressives Congress, (APC) Senator observed that declaration of assets should not be taken as an issue.

He said “I think it is your own individual commitment to your party and leadership provided.”

“Leadership is very important because the leader leads by example. Honestly, things will change. Instead of sitting with the president to seek favour, you come home and sit down with your people so that you can have the better chance of winning election.” He added

Saraki representing Kwara Central senatorial district noted that the key areas which would be addressed by the incoming APC-led government are the issues of corruption, security and jobs for youths in the country.

He noted that “There would be zero tolerance for corruption and because of the backdrop of that, you begin to see revenue coming up and you will have more money for infrastructural development.

Read more http://newswirengr.com/2015/04/18/clash-of-ideas-already-saraki-differs-with-president-elect-buhari-on-assets-declaration-as-a-means-of-ending-corruption/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Clash Of Ideas: Saraki Differs With President-elect Buhari On Assets Declaration by curiouses: 1:53am On Apr 19, 2015
Saraki is direct opposite of what Buhari represents.
Re: Clash Of Ideas: Saraki Differs With President-elect Buhari On Assets Declaration by ibkgab001: 2:03am On Apr 19, 2015
GMB Means biz so Saraki park well
Re: Clash Of Ideas: Saraki Differs With President-elect Buhari On Assets Declaration by Quote1: 2:45am On Apr 19, 2015
Though Saraki may not support what president elect said. I doubt he would reject openly and at the period that he is seeking to be senate leader.

CC

Gbawe

PassingShot

Mynd44

What do you say to this?
Re: Clash Of Ideas: Saraki Differs With President-elect Buhari On Assets Declaration by Mynd44: 2:58am On Apr 19, 2015
Buhari and Saraki are two different people and will definitely have opinions of their own. True Saraki's opinion holds water and so does GMB.

GMB is the person employing ministers and Bukola is definitely not looking to be one so it is not his concern but that does not mean he wont have a say like any other citizen of this country which.

I am actually happy to have people like Bukola in the senate who is not just willing to have a different opinion from the president but also willing to say it out.

On the bone of contention(there is no bone really though), Bukola knows that just because a man declares that he has just 50,000 does not mean he can't steal 500,000 and get away with it. All you have to do is open accounts in the names of others and viola, you are in.
Buhari on the other hand is trying to put a situation where ministers will know that they cannot brazenly show wealth they cannot explain where they got it from unlike what we have in this presidency.

Both of them mean well and the bottom line is what matters most. Their(Bukola and Buhari) duties are both different but the common goal is to take Nigeria forward and their is more than one way.

3 Likes

Re: Clash Of Ideas: Saraki Differs With President-elect Buhari On Assets Declaration by theV0ice: 3:11am On Apr 19, 2015
Saraki and GMB do not have any clash of ideas. It's only a desire for mischief that will make someone say or believe that.

GMB has said he'll insist his political appointees declare their assets which is a first step to whatever additional steps he'll take to fight corruption in his cabinet and the country.

Saraki is not a political appointee but an elected official and he didn't even say asset declaration is against fighting corruption. Rather he wants us to know it's not enough neither is it the only means to fight the hydra headed monster.

I see no clash at all. both are right however you look at it.
Re: Clash Of Ideas: Saraki Differs With President-elect Buhari On Assets Declaration by wwwbabe(f): 4:00am On Apr 19, 2015
More realistic approach

the taste of the pudding is in eating

Enough of the talk

now get down to business

dont 4get mr gentleman that u are dealing with archive corrupt

politicians
Re: Clash Of Ideas: Saraki Differs With President-elect Buhari On Assets Declaration by imbless: 4:31am On Apr 19, 2015
All this our quorupt leader I don tire for u.
Re: Clash Of Ideas: Saraki Differs With President-elect Buhari On Assets Declaration by tyson99(m): 5:47am On Apr 19, 2015
Everyone with his/her own ideas so no story

Buhari lo nki lowo bayi
Re: Clash Of Ideas: Saraki Differs With President-elect Buhari On Assets Declaration by Noneroone(m): 6:06am On Apr 19, 2015
Buhari be like "ebery kworoft ferson must zeclare his asset"

pastor prof barristar osunbade be like " we'll put necessary legal frameworks to fight corruption"

saraki be like " you dont have to declare your asset to proove you are not corrupt grin "

Tinubu be like " this fulani man wan betray me like afonja. He no know say i use corruption moni sponsor am"

Ngige be like " i don enter lion's den"

Nigeria be like "foward never, backward ever"

(1) (Reply)

Vanguard Has Removed The 'CHIBOK GIRL RELEASE' News From Their Website! / INEC Issues Mayuku Certificate Of Return As Member DTHA / Buhari Will Soon Wish He Didn't Win The Elections -murray Bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.