Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? (22937 Views)

Minister Lauds Obasanjo’s Role In Hosting FESTAC `77 / Ekaette Unoma Akpabio Returns To Nigeria After Medication Abroad - Photos / Buhari Returns To Nigeria After Vacation In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by infobiz9ja(m): 8:27am On Apr 19, 2015
grin
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by seedorfg(m): 8:28am On Apr 19, 2015
sHORO Niyen
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by thinkdip(m): 8:34am On Apr 19, 2015
go do your research everybody, immediately after festac 77 everything in Nigeria was on the rise(inflation)... food,fuel mostly everything. .. but by 2017 Nigeria would have walked 40years in the wilderness and I see improvement from then..festac77 was a curse to Nigeria destiny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by Setaje(f): 8:39am On Apr 19, 2015
I have heard more than 3 pastors say the same thing. But wiv the amount of religious people we have in this country. It should have counted the effect of those idols
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by qreem231(m): 8:50am On Apr 19, 2015
Fallacy of d highest order!!! dis trash is just a way of getting pple 2 ignore traditionalism. We are not gullible jare. they shd try again.

1 Like

Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by akoaki(m): 8:51am On Apr 19, 2015
Whenever Nigerians fail in anything either due to laziness , omission, commission , or negligence....., they are quick to ascribe their failure to something else. Most of the time it is either the devil (esu ) or their "enemy" that caused it. I think our culture and tradition is a culprit in this regard. We hardly try to do self-assesment and self- critique.
The problems of nigerians started with our leaders and was well complimented by our lazy attitude of finding easy ways out of life challenges or avoiding to fight now to live another day.
Finally, our attitude must change if nigeria must continue in the path of greatness, as we have just started with the result of the recent elections.
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by qreem231(m): 8:54am On Apr 19, 2015
thinkdip:
go do your research everybody, immediately after festac 77 everything in Nigeria was on the rise(inflation)... food,fuel mostly everything. .. but by 2017 Nigeria would have walked 40years in the wilderness and I see improvement from then..festac77 was a curse to Nigeria destiny
I disagree wth u sir,Senegal hosted FESTAC b4 Nigeria did,is Senegal backward in any way? Nigeria's main cause of baqwardness is our greedy leaders who misappropriate funds and embezzle 4 dia selfish intresr only,not festac '77

3 Likes

Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by qreem231(m): 8:58am On Apr 19, 2015
akoaki:
Whenever Nigerians fail in anything either due to laziness , omission, commission , or negligence....., they are quick to ascribe their failure to something else. Most of the time it is either the satan (esu ) or their "enemy" that caused it. I think our culture and tradition is a culprit in this regard. We hardly try to do self-assesment and self- critique.
The problems of nigerians started with our leaders and was well complimented by our lazy attitude of finding easy ways out of life challenges or avoiding to fight now to live another day.
Finally, our attitude must change if nigeria must continue in the path of greatness, as we have just started with the result of the recent elections.
Tru talk!!
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:59am On Apr 19, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Na lie joor!

The backwardness of Nigeria started when Lord Lugard amalgamated Nigeria.

angry

Why do think that ?
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by kevoh(m): 9:01am On Apr 19, 2015
I'm pretty sure Lagos alone has conducted more 3 days power crusades from 1977 till present that will make the effect of Festac 77 be like a drop of water in the Atlantic Ocean when comparisons are made.
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 19, 2015
It does correlate . . . but I don't think so sha.
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by TheOtherview: 9:04am On Apr 19, 2015
Just like the seeds of Haiti's underdevelopment lies in the violent revolution which took place on the island, according to Pat Robertson?
Isn't that the way the logic goes?

@OrlandoOwoh - Why do we continue to immolate ourselves culturally, by asking the most asinine of questions?
I am a little surprised that you are one of those who appears to have fallen for this bait, to be honest.
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by jaybee3(m): 9:05am On Apr 19, 2015
Lubbish
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 19, 2015
Festac 77 was orchestrated and executed from the pit of hell.
It was a conglomeration of dark powers. .
After the festival. . Demonic powers decided to make Nigeria their host nation. They have been given thrones to rule Nigerians..
Have you asked yourself why our so called leaders those days are recycling themselves at the seat of power?? They have the backing of those demonic princes
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by odumessi(m): 9:06am On Apr 19, 2015
LastProphet:
i have heard it before from a well-reasoned statesman, funny enough i also heard that countries go into economic stagnation after hosting d olympic, eg Greece
shey and England too?

1 Like

Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by thinkdip(m): 9:07am On Apr 19, 2015
qreem231:
I disagree wth u sir,Senegal hosted FESTAC b4 Nigeria did,is Senegal backward in any way? Nigeria's main cause of baqwardness is our greedy leaders who misappropriate funds and embezzle 4 dia selfish intresr only,not festac '77
Senegal might not have the same love from God as we do...believe me God take more concern in Nigeria and he's always angry most time we divert. .
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by Sunnyade01(m): 9:08am On Apr 19, 2015
The rituals and demonic ways of Nigerian pastors and imams nowadays is worse than what was showcase in FESTAC.
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by batstan(m): 9:10am On Apr 19, 2015
Disgusting gullibility .
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 19, 2015
Happy678:
your sugar mummy sure.how the procedures go be.guy I know call any number just quote me or send me a message to my Facebook account eze odichukwunma
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by TheOtherview: 9:12am On Apr 19, 2015
Daninya11:
Festac 77 was orchestrated and executed from the pit of hell.
It was a conglomeration of dark powers. .
After the festival. . Demonic powers decided to make Nigeria their host nation. They have been given thrones to rule Nigerians..
Have you asked yourself why our so called leaders those days are recycling themselves at the seat of power?? They have the backing of those demonic princes

^^^Idiooocy

I suppose Festac 77 was also responsible for the truncation of the first republic; the successive counter-coup; Africa's first televised war; the assassination of Murtala Mohammed...and much more!

It was folks like you that Steve Biko had in mind when he exclaimed: "the most powerful weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed".

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by iamord(m): 9:13am On Apr 19, 2015
just one festac 77 and people are complaining. from 1977 to date there have been millions of crusades.. and hundreds of churches opened. even the so called festac area has since had its own share of church building boom.. if the so called pastors are not being naive, promoting division, have no respect for religious tolerance and stupid. then I just don't know. its the foolish flock I pity for.

1 Like

Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by mmsen: 9:16am On Apr 19, 2015
There are some really dumb people on nairaland.

Between this thread and the one with people defending the clowns in Ondo state who are pleading with their gods because of a mystery illness.

So much backwardness.
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by sweetgala(m): 9:16am On Apr 19, 2015
Nigeria's problem started in 1914 , was freed in 1960 and became worse in January 1966.

In March 2015 nigerians CHANGED their situation.

The captivity of Zion is over my friends, it's time to dream and our mouths be filled with laughter and joy. Let our hearts be filled with purity and our strength unified to break the yokes of bondage
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by iamord(m): 9:24am On Apr 19, 2015
TheOtherview:
Just like the seeds of Haiti's underdevelopment lies in the violent revolution which took place on the island, according to Pat Robertson?
Isn't that the way the logic goes?

@OrlandoOwoh - Why do we continue to immolate ourselves culturally, by asking the most asinine of questions?
I am a little surprised that you are one of those who appears to have fallen for this bait, to be honest.

may god punish pat Robertson for that rubbish statement he made.. If you understand the history of Haiti and all what haiti has been through .you will know that this charlatans use history occurrence to suite their grand scheme. while Haiti people fell for the baith that they are cursed. Cuba Russia and north Korea accused USA of testing a bio weapon. the irony. it pains me that a lot for black people don't use their brains properly.

1 Like

Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by iamord(m): 9:26am On Apr 19, 2015
thinkdip:

Senegal might not have the same love from God as we do...believe me God take more concern in Nigeria and he's always angry most time we divert. .
this is very dumb to say .. sorry.

1 Like

Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by qreem231(m): 9:28am On Apr 19, 2015
thinkdip:

Sir,until our leaders do d needful,we wl continue goin backward,sayin FESTAC '77 is d cause of our backwardneSs is like saying dat d celebration of Eyo festival in lagos is d reason 4 high crime rate in lagos,They are 2 parallel lines.
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by TheOtherview: 9:31am On Apr 19, 2015
iamord:
may god punish pat Robertson for that rubbish statement he made.. If you understand the history of Haiti and all what haiti has been through .you will know that this charlatans use history occurrence to suite their grand scheme. while Haiti people fell for the baith that they are cursed. Cuba Russia and north Korea accused USA of testing a bio weapon. the irony. it pains me that a lot for black people don't use their brains properly.

^^^Co-signed.

Rachel Maddow- Haitian ambassador shames Pat Robertson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A2q60qg0WA
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by iCool(m): 9:33am On Apr 19, 2015
X
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by idu1(m): 9:37am On Apr 19, 2015
Fallacy....
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by jenie10(f): 9:37am On Apr 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
It's no longer unusual for some pastors and christians to be heard saying Nigeria's hosting the Festival of Arts and Culture, FESTAC in 1977 marked the beginning of hardship for the country.

The festival saw masquerades, artistes, spiritual diviners, etc converging and using the mystical power in a competition in the National Theatre at Iganmu in Lagos.

How true is this?
very true..we were taught in skul under d foreign policy analysis. Some scholars hv argued dat durin d period of oil boom, Nigeria made so much moni, dia prob was nt moni but how to spend it, dey hosted a festival at festac callin all African countries to dine wit dem.durin ds period, Nigeria misused dia moni, ds was durin military rule.its one of d reason 4 nigerias backwardness. Wish I can say more NW.
Re: The "Backwardness" Of Nigeria After Hosting FESTAC 77, Myth Or Reality? by Timoleon(m): 9:39am On Apr 19, 2015
At this point, i am forced to wonder what is the relationship between the ghosts of festec77 past and the personal accounts of our lraders? cos to me, the wealth of this nation didnt dissappear spiritualy, men simply made it personal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayelsa: Would PDP Have Won If Alaibe Were The Governorship Candidate? / Nigeria’s Insecurity: I Won’t Resign, Saboteurs After My Govt – Buhari To Elders / Keyamo: 10 Accounts Linked To Tinubu In US, $460,000 Deducted As Tax

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.