Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

The Candel Company Ltd - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Candel Company Ltd (6579 Views)

AFRICAN EVENT Company Ltd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Candel Company Ltd by folaberinjo: 11:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
Pls help. Have just been offered an appointment with this agrochemical company in lekki and will like to have an idea of them before resigning from my current job. Are they reliable, hope they don't just recruit from reputable companies and after a short time say they can't afford the salary again ...am just nervous.
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by bb4522(m): 11:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
folaberinjo:
Pls help. Have just been offered an appointment with this agrochemical company in lekki and will like to have an idea of them before resigning from my current job. Are they reliable, hope they don't just recruit from reputable companies and after a short time say they can't afford the salary again ...am just nervous.

They are very good. My friend works with them thou as a sales rep in kaduna. He speaks highly of them but I don't knw how much they pay but from his response its kinda okk
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by isobayor: 2:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
OPs,

What is their pay like? a friend of mine have interview there nextweek and he need this information for negotiation purpose
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by folaberinjo: 5:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
isobayor:
OPs,

What is their pay like? a friend of mine have interview there nextweek and he need this information for negotiation purpose
It varies on job specification, work experience bla bla bla. The salary will definitely be discussed in the interview.
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by folaberinjo: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
bb4522:

They are very good. My friend works with them thou as a sales rep in kaduna. He speaks highly of them but I don't knw how much they pay but from his response its kinda okk
Thank you so much.
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by stanleychi: 12:39pm On Apr 21, 2015
Please as a production Supervisor or Mech Engineer. What is the range of their salary. Thanks
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by 9niceguy(m): 1:12am On Apr 22, 2015
Please can one still apply? If yes, how? Thanks!
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by Richyemes(m): 8:06am On Jul 04, 2015
@ Folaberinjo, since U̶̲̥̅̊ are working wit them how far? Are they paying well? How about staff welfare? Becos am about 2 join d company so pls I want 2 know all these pls update me. Thanks
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by ttaolin500: 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
[quote author=Richyemes post=35464165]@ Folaberinjo, since U̶̲̥̅̊ are working wi
have u finally joined the company? bcz I have interview with the company soonest .and what r those questions I shud b expecting?
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by ttaolin500: 3:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
Richyemes:
@ Folaberinjo, since U̶̲̥̅̊ are working wit them how far? Are they paying well? How about staff welfare? Becos am about 2 join d company so pls I want 2 know all these pls update me. Thanks

have u finally joined d company? I will have interview with the company soonest. So what r those questions I shud b expecting?
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by Deltaicc: 9:25pm On Aug 05, 2015
@Folaberinjo,pls lets talk privately. my email is iropet@yahoo.com I will be delighted to have yours. Thanks and its urgent
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by waxdebo(m): 10:15am On Sep 07, 2015
Any body with the idea of dere salary nd welfare package for dere chemical plant warehouse supervisor. Please I need the information urgently @ wasiuadebowale101@yahoo.com nd 08136536803
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by Jykeyconstant: 8:57am On Jun 11, 2016
@Folaberinjo, I just got an appointment with the candel company for an interview. I want to know if its really worth it because I currently work with a manufacturing firm and earn between 150- 170k.

what's their pay like for an electrical engineer and is it a stable company?

A prompt reply would be appreciated.
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by Jykeyconstant: 9:01am On Jun 11, 2016
[quote author=folaberinjo post=32902729]Pls help. Have just been offered an appointment with this agrochemical company in lekki and will like to have an idea of them before resigning from my current job. Are they reliable, hope they don't just recruit from reputable companies and after a short time say they can't afford the salary again ...am just nervous.[/quoteDid u eventually join them? if yes I would like to know what how their pay structure is like for an electrical engineer. I have an appointment with them soon. please reply
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by Lanre20042001: 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2018
Well, guys, I can only advice anyone who wishes to hear that you should run like hell when you hear the name THE CANDEL COMPANY LIMITED. I used to work with the company; I joined as a Technical Operator, later transferred to the factory warehouse to work as Assistant Warehouse Officer, I was with the company for nearly four years and from my experience there I can only say that it was the worst organization I had ever worked with.

Since I joined the company till I left, there was never a day at work that I and other staff members were not subjected to all sorts of ridiculous works like washing toilets, fumigating the environment, sweeping and mopping the factory floor, working in the dumping sites within the factory, picking stones, packing sand from one end to another, all other cleaning works which ordinarily should have been given to cleaners. If you doubt this information, you may contact anyone that had worked with Candel before, precisely at their factory in Ibeju-Lekki.

As if all that I had said were not enough, despite their poor salary structure, the company also took pride in delaying payment of salary. When all these were going on, we never knew it was only the beginning of our woes there until the company began to owe us as much as up to three months salary yet we would still be forced to come to work, not minding how we would do it. We all wanted to leave but the truth is jobs were not just easy to secure like that, although many of us still managed to find jobs elsewhere. At a point, the company became bankrupt as a result of mismanagement of resources and eventually we were all laid off without any entitlement whatsoever or payment of outstanding (arrears) salary of about 3 months that the company was owing us.

I felt really bad when I got their letter of termination of appointment but life must go on. If you did not know, now you do and you are entitled to your opinion on whether or not to join the company, but certainly you will be responsible for whatever decision you take at a later time. If you decide to join CANDEL and you later start regretting, you can only blame yourself and yourself alone because you've been warned that if you hear the name candel, you should run!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Re: The Candel Company Ltd by kennyfem(m): 5:42pm On Jan 13, 2020
Nice one bro thanks for saving someone (quote author=Lanre20042001 post=73782789]Well, guys, I can only advice anyone who wishes to hear that you should run like hell when you hear the name THE CANDEL COMPANY LIMITED. I used to work with the company; I joined as a Technical Operator, later transferred to the factory warehouse to work as Assistant Warehouse Officer, I was with the company for nearly four years and from my experience there I can only say that it was the worst organization I had ever worked with.

Since I joined the company till I left, there was never a day at work that I and other staff members were not subjected to all sorts of ridiculous works like washing toilets, fumigating the environment, sweeping and mopping the factory floor, working in the dumping sites within the factory, picking stones, packing sand from one end to another, all other cleaning works which ordinarily should have been given to cleaners. If you doubt this information, you may contact anyone that had worked with Candel before, precisely at their factory in Ibeju-Lekki.

As if all that I had said were not enough, despite their poor salary structure, the company also took pride in delaying payment of salary. When all these were going on, we never knew it was only the beginning of our woes there until the company began to owe us as much as up to three months salary yet we would still be forced to come to work, not minding how we would do it. We all wanted to leave but the truth is jobs were not just easy to secure like that, although many of us still managed to find jobs elsewhere. At a point, the company became bankrupt as a result of mismanagement of resources and eventually we were all laid off without any entitlement whatsoever or payment of outstanding (arrears) salary of about 3 months that the company was owing us.

I felt really bad when I got their letter of termination of appointment but life must go on. If you did not know, now you do and you are entitled to your opinion on whether or not to join the company, but certainly you will be responsible for whatever decision you take at a later time. If you decide to join CANDEL and you later start regretting, you can only blame yourself and yourself alone because you've been warned that if you hear the name candel, you should run!!!!!!! [/quote]
Re: The Candel Company Ltd by Hephzibahdrycle: 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2020
Hello guys, I just got an interview invites from Cancel, pls anyone with their salary structure, their work conditions??

(1) (Reply)

Geomatics Engineering Or Surveying And Geoinformatics / Offshore Engineering Or Safety Engineering Which Should I Go For? / Help, What Should I Go For? Talent Or Survival.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.