Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,202 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. (14593 Views)

Adeboye & Oyedepo At Pentecostal Fellowship Of Nigeria (pics) / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis / Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2017
I found this on Got Questions and this is what they have to say about these two different doctrines.
Question: "Catholic vs. Protestant – why is there so much animosity?"

Answer: This is a simple question with a complicated answer, because there are varying degrees of, and reasons for, animosity between any two religious groups.
The battle between Catholics and Protestants is rooted in history.
Degrees of reaction have ranged from friendly disagreement (as reflected in the numerous ecumenical dialogues produced between the two groups) to outright persecution and murder of Protestants at the hands of Rome. Reformation teachings that identify the Pope as the Beast of Revelation and / or Roman Catholicism as Mystery Babylon are still common among Protestants.
Clearly, anyone with this view is not going to “warm up” to Rome any time soon.

For the most part, today at least, the animosity comes from basic human nature when dealing with fundamental disagreement over eternal truths.
Passions are sure to ignite in the more weighty matters of life, and one's faith is (or at least should be) at the top of the heap. Many Protestants think Roman Catholics teach a works-gospel that cannot save, while Roman Catholics think Protestants teach easy-believism that requires nothing more than an emotional outburst brought on by manipulative preaching. Protestants accuse Catholics of worshipping Mary, and Catholics think Protestants are apparently too dull to understand the distinctions Rome has made in this regard.
These caricatures are often difficult to overcome.

Behind the particular disagreements over the role of faith and works, the sacraments, the canon of Scripture, the role of the priesthood, prayers to saints, and all the issues surrounding Mary and the Pope, etc., lies the biggest rift between Roman Catholicism and Protestantism: the issue of authority. How one answers the authority question will generally inform all the other issues.
When it comes down to deciding a theological issue about defined Catholic dogma, there isn’t really much to discuss on the Catholic's side because once Rome speaks, it is settled.
This is a problem when trying to debate a Roman Catholic – reason and Scripture are not the Catholic’s final authority; they can always retreat into the “safe zone” of Roman Catholic authority.

Thus, many of the arguments between a Protestant and a Catholic will revolve around one's “private interpretation” of Scripture as against the "official teachings of the Roman Catholic Church."
Catholics claim to successfully avoid the legitimate problems of private interpretation by their reliance on their tradition.
But this merely pushes the question back a step. The truth is that both Roman Catholics and Protestants must, in the end, rely upon their reasoning abilities (to choose their authority) and their interpretive skills (to understand what that authority teaches) in order to determine what they will believe.
Protestants are simply more willing to admit that this is the case.

Both sides can also be fiercely loyal to their family's faith or the church they grew up in without much thought to doctrinal arguments. Obviously, there are a lot of possible reasons for the division between Catholicism and Protestantism, and while we should not divide over secondary issues, both sides agree that we must divide when it comes to primary issues.
When it comes to Roman Catholicism and Protestantism, the differences are just too great to ignore. However, that does not give license for caricatures or ignorant judgments – both sides need to be honest in their assessments and try not to go beyond what God has revealed.

Recommended Resource: The Unfinished Reformation: What Unites and Divides Catholics and Protestants After 500 Years by Alison & Castaldo

What's new on GotQuestions.org?
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by FavoredGuy: 2:05pm On Nov 06, 2017
brocab:
The Catholic Church claims it was the apostle Peter who started the Catholic Church, they say he became their Pope?
I have argued this out with my wife who is a Catholic, also with other Catholic's, whom they find an avenue to escape this Question, only to hide oneself in the closet.
Pope's in their religion are not allowed to marry and yet the apostle Peter was married in scripture.

Matthew 8:14 When Jesus came into Peters house He saw His mother in law laying in bed with a fever.

So can someone point out to me which Peter, the Catholic Church are talking about. As I have asked many Catholic's other then my wife-and the response I retrieved was cursing and mocking etc.

Calling me a non Christian the devil himself has risen.
you are such a confused person. So marriage/celibacy is your ground of argument here, abii?

In history, Catholic priests have been marrying; and may start to marry again the near future.

Marriage is never a taboo for Catholic Priests. It was just stopped and may therefore start again anytime from now
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 1:03am On Nov 07, 2017
The problem we are having no-one likes to hear the truth-truth is confusing with those who think they are a head of time-how can marriage stop for a little while and start up again? If you are claiming marriage isn't important in the Church now, then why do priest and Nun's claim they are married to Christ, and Christ is the head of the Church?
And if the priest believe they are married to Christ whom they can't see, then why do priest act upon those whom they can see?
{Matthew 5:28} But I say to you if anyone looks at a woman with lust had already committed adultery with her in his heart.
So you see marriage is important in the Church, priest claiming to be married to Christ in one hand, and yet having lust in their hearts for another, have committed adultery.
{In the other hand I suppose you maybe right, priest are now turning to marriage-after searching the net I manage to find this--Priest claims Church could accept gay ‘marriage’: ‘It would be wrong to fight against it’ TORBAY, Newfoundland, June 30, 2017 (LifeSiteNews)
A Catholic priest helping to run a gay-Pride ‘multi-faith service’ says that the Holy Spirit could direct the Church under Pope Francis to change its teaching on marriage and sexuality to accept gay “marriage.” And, if the Holy Spirit did so, “it would be wrong to fight against it,” he said.
“It's not like this was a teaching that was established in the time of Christ, or in the first three centuries, or by the Council of Nicea, or even by the Council of Trent,” said Fr. Paul Lundrigan, a pastor in active ministry at Holy Trinity Parish within the Archdiocese of St. John’s, Newfoundland, to LifeSiteNews.
As we can see, if this above is right, and the priest do have a positive attitude towards marriage, than the next question is, to whom and what sex? Gay marriage will be legalised in every country, and what Pope Francis believes Christians and Muslims are all brothers, and all those in favour put up your hands, will the Church marry Children too?
Whats the world coming too, and why would people accept gay marriage in the first place, the Word of God is against it, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
FavoredGuy:
you are such a confused person. So marriage/celibacy is your ground of argument here, abii?

In history, Catholic priests have been marrying; and may start to marry again the near future.

Marriage is never a taboo for Catholic Priests. It was just stopped and may therefore start again anytime from now
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 12:02am On Nov 08, 2017
We can't stop the news spreading around, and we can't stop people searching for all sorts of news, this world is nasty, full of back biters, gossips and busybodies.
Everyone will always have their own opinions, we can't change that, people try and never exceed, once the rumors starts, it's gone with the wind, and the world just keeps rolling around, until one day someone may come up with a better salutation, and that old news is forgotten.
Either we are Christians or atheist we have a habit to pass the news on, between Catholic's and protestants, we will always hear rumors inside or outside the Church.
Life is just a push of a button, stories from all walks of life, had spread to the four corners of the Earth.
How do you stop that, is this the way to solve the problem turning my page of air?
Knowledgeable Christians shouldn't be offended how people think, its the Word of God that free's us from the garbage this world seeks, I see this as a good thing, people are warned, and don't forget time will tell, if it's false, we will know by their fruit, if it's true, same.
The priest stories have been flying around for centuries, priest accepting gay marriages didn't start here. this started way way back in time.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:22am On Nov 10, 2017
brocab:
I am always looking out for a sincere discussion, but the problem is Uben you haven't given me a chance, and if you had explained yourself more clearly, which you never do, then I could explain my words, don't forget-it is visa versa you also shut me down without leaving an answer..
I don't know about you, but everything I hear about any Church, I head straight into the word of God, by doing so, I have found the differences between Christians in Churches and how most Church leaders have that much pull over the Church, no-one seems to question them.
Jesus said: "Test the spirits. {1 John 4}
Most believers I find, are not taught to test the spirits, most believers don't have time to study the Word of God, only because they are taught different doctrines, that doesn't concern the Word of God.
This forum had taught me a great deal-and just by reading about different beliefs, and studying the bible, stood out a mile, that not all people that call themselves Christians have that passion for Christ! "they would rather study other doctrines, that isn't scriptural, then turn themselves back to the basic's "God the Father.
"Dr evil struck When I had experience my shocking ordeal from the past, you jumped in and tried to destroy everything I wrote in remembrance.
If only you had a heart, try looking into a child's mind, instead of looking for a judge, sin through a priest had forced itself into a child, before that child was old enough to know what sin is, and prolonging Children into a prison system without reason, can cause a Child to be led down that wrong path in life.
Where did you leave that Christian heart of your's, man?
Is there anybody left in the Church that actually cares what roads these victims are taking, these Children suffered and are left to pick up the pieces, had anybody taking the time to learn what the main attractions are that leads them to drugs and suicide, young Children are left with the guilt the Church had laid upon them, It's leading them into homosexuality, our society is full of Gay couples running high, the gates of hell are open for gay marriages, "ordained priest forcing themselves upon children, because ordained priest have refuse to marry under God.
Can we image Jesus bowing down to Satan, sex in the city, "but Jesus stood His ground and said get behind Me Satan, you shall worship the lord your God, and Him only you shall serve. {Matthew 4:1-11}
It just shows who's leading the world and where its heading, the numbers are high how many people bow down each day before Satan?
The Woman Church refusing to marry, that's led, women refusing men, women taking the authority of a man, women leading countries in politics, women are taught they can do a man's job better, while the men sit at home looking after the children.
{1 Corinthians 11:3} Jesus said: I want you to realise that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of every woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
Scientist have discovered Children can be born without men. DNA..
Judging is what you do best-understanding is not what you know.
no sir you are not here for a sincere discussion.

if you did you wouldn't have pasted misinformation about what Catholics believe and would have corrected it immediately you were shown it is untrue.

of course you don't care for anything sincere your aim is to paste whatever you think presents Catholics in bad light even when it is untrue.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:30am On Nov 10, 2017
brocab:
Firstly instead of playing the blame game-try pulling the plank out of your eye, before trying to pull the speck out from mine, There's to many judges and not enough workers in Christ, Uben try reading some of the things I have written in the past, I have written to so many different organisations that claim to know Christ and yet refuses the Word of God, JW's, protestants that believe in other doctrines are no different then the Catholic Church who preaches it. Everybody that writes outside the square-is corrected by the Word of God.
Shame on you Uben-Is this a man thing, attacking me with such little words "Hypocrite is to big for a little man, I have seen you and your comrades in action Uben, when It comes to judgement you are always there standing amongst the wolves.
You are prepared to lie, you are trained to lie, you aren't any different to anybody else who lies about your Church. I do remember I was told I won't find any Church signs anywhere that's written Roman Catholic Church.
Thank God, I found photo's of signs outside different Roman Catholic Churches, to prove these false allegations were lies-I received this information from a Catholic comrade of yours.
If you are going to talk dirty to me, at least talk as you know something.

I don't need to play any game. you opened a thread to Bash Catholics and then went to all the trouble to misrepresent what Catholics believe, even when you were corrected you didn't bother to correct your self. you are the one standing in judgement. you opened a thread for it.

when last did you open a thread to bash your fellow Protestants?

I don't need to accuse you of hypocrisy, it has began to show.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 10:57am On Nov 10, 2017
Why is it, with you Uben, is it just you, all is it every Catholic, everybody I have written too about anything to do with the Word of God, always come back, with a complaint, brocab hates us, I write because I care, you have no idea where you, and the rest that deny the Word of God are heading, believing in another doctrine is not the best road to take.
Believing all in Christ is..
I am up for a descent discussion, religion isn't your topic, if you are willing, lets try talking about something else, I asked on another page, does Africa have the same constitutional rights as the white people, I ask this because in my country, we don't have the constitutional rights, when it was written my elders were slaves, and slavery didn't come under the constitution.
Ubenedictus:

no sir you are not here for a sincere discussion.

if you did you wouldn't have pasted misinformation about what Catholics believe and would have corrected it immediately you were shown it is untrue.

of course you don't care for anything sincere your aim is to paste whatever you think presents Catholics in bad light even when it is untrue.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:09am On Nov 10, 2017
brocab:
The problem we are having no-one likes to hear the truth-truth is confusing with those who think they are a head of time-how can marriage stop for a little while and start up again? If you are claiming marriage isn't important in the Church now, then why do priest and Nun's claim they are married to Christ, and Christ is the head of the Church?
And if the priest believe they are married to Christ whom they can't see, then why do priest act upon those whom they can see?
{Matthew 5:28} But I say to you if anyone looks at a woman with lust had already committed adultery with her in his heart.
So you see marriage is important in the Church, priest claiming to be married to Christ in one hand, and yet having lust in their hearts for another, have committed adultery.
{In the other hand I suppose you maybe right, priest are now turning to marriage-after searching the net I manage to find this--Priest claims Church could accept gay ‘marriage’: ‘It would be wrong to fight against it’ TORBAY, Newfoundland, June 30, 2017 (LifeSiteNews)
A Catholic priest helping to run a gay-Pride ‘multi-faith service’ says that the Holy Spirit could direct the Church under Pope Francis to change its teaching on marriage and sexuality to accept gay “marriage.” And, if the Holy Spirit did so, “it would be wrong to fight against it,” he said.
“It's not like this was a teaching that was established in the time of Christ, or in the first three centuries, or by the Council of Nicea, or even by the Council of Trent,” said Fr. Paul Lundrigan, a pastor in active ministry at Holy Trinity Parish within the Archdiocese of St. John’s, Newfoundland, to LifeSiteNews.
As we can see, if this above is right, and the priest do have a positive attitude towards marriage, than the next question is, to whom and what sex? Gay marriage will be legalised in every country, and what Pope Francis believes Christians and Muslims are all brothers, and all those in favour put up your hands, will the Church marry Children too?
Whats the world coming too, and why would people accept gay marriage in the first place, the Word of God is against it, God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.
you have managed to find 1 erring priest who I know will be corrected by his bishop and you have used him to judge the Catholic Church that actually reject gay marriage, and of course you forgot about your Protestant churches where your entire councils vote for gay marriage and even have openly married bishops and pastors.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 11:10am On Nov 10, 2017
If I wanted to bash Catholic's, I wouldn't have to leave my home, nor spend most of my time sharing the Word of God over the net.
If you are interested in my protestants comrades, trying looking for my name in the tithing section, you will see, I have also written to many protestants that tithe.
I am not against you, I have been sent to witness the Word of God, praying it will someday open your eye's, because whom you worship is a false god, and your religion won't take you anywhere near to be with the Lord.
Believe if you will, but the truth will set you free..
I am not lying, the truth is Uben, God doesn't know you, and you don't know God, if you knew Him, we wouldn't be having this discussion.. And I would like to add, Repent before the Lord asking Him for your forgiveness, and turn from your foolish way..
Ubenedictus:

I don't need to play any game. you opened a thread to Bash Catholics and then went to all the trouble to misrepresent what Catholics believe, even when you were corrected you didn't bother to correct your self. you are the one standing in judgement. you opened a thread for it.

when last did you open a thread to bash your fellow Protestants?

I don't need to accuse you of hypocrisy, it has began to show.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 11:23am On Nov 10, 2017
See it as you see it, it doesn't mean you are right to judge, this priest is from the Catholic Church and decided to tell his story.
Already the priest had caused problems with you, but that doesn't say, he had caused problems with other religious believers, I myself don't like what I am hearing, nor do you, but what can we do about it, he wrote it, as he had meant it.
I posted it, to give an example-this is some of the rubbish we hear that's coming out of the Catholic Church, and with this sort of junk no wonder people like myself don't agree with Catholic beliefs; "You can't change that, neither can I, this priest wanted to spread his news across the net for everybody to see..
It doesn't matter if this is true or false-Read it once more...

As we can see, if this above is right, and the priest do have a positive attitude towards marriage, than the next question is, to whom and what sex? Gay marriage will be legalised in every country, and what Pope Francis believes Christians and Muslims are all brothers, and all those in favour put up your hands, will the Church marry Children too, Like the Muslims do..
I have followed Pope Francis travel's, he bowed down to the Muslim god, trying to bring all religion to reunite back to the Catholic Church..
For Pope Francis to be recognised to other religions around the world, he must first deny Christ, Muslims don't believe Jesus is the Son of God let alone He is God, expecting everybody to be reunited in one Church, everyone must first believe in the same One God? "Not god's..
Ubenedictus:
you have managed to find 1 erring priest who I know will be corrected by his bishop and you have used him to judge the Catholic Church that actually reject gay marriage, and of course you forgot about your Protestant churches where your entire councils vote for gay marriage and even have openly married bishops and pastors.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2017
brocab:
Why is it, with you Uben, is it just you, all is it every Catholic, everybody I have written too about anything to do with the Word of God, always come back, with a complaint, brocab hates us, I write because I care, you have no idea where you, and the rest that deny the Word of God are heading, believing in another doctrine is not the best road to take.
Believing all in Christ is..
I am up for a descent discussion, religion isn't your topic, if you are willing, lets try talking about something else, I asked on another page, does Africa have the same constitutional rights as the white people, I ask this because in my country, we don't have the constitutional rights, when it was written my elders were slaves, and slavery didn't come under the constitution.

lol,

your bias is crystal clear. my doctrine is same with the early Church, my interpretation of scriptures is same with the early Church, you should be afraid, you follow teaching made up by men in the 16th century, and interpretations that can't square up with historic Christianity.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:47pm On Nov 14, 2017
brocab:
If I wanted to bash Catholic's, I wouldn't have to leave my home, nor spend most of my time sharing the Word of God over the net.
If you are interested in my protestants comrades, trying looking for my name in the tithing section, you will see, I have also written to many protestants that tithe.
I am not against you, I have been sent to witness the Word of God, praying it will someday open your eye's, because whom you worship is a false god, and your religion won't take you anywhere near to be with the Lord.
Believe if you will, but the truth will set you free..
I am not lying, the truth is Uben, God doesn't know you, and you don't know God, if you knew Him, we wouldn't be having this discussion.. And I would like to add, Repent before the Lord asking Him for your forgiveness, and turn from your foolish way..

you have set yourself up as a judge, hahaha.

of course now your silliness is showing, you now are a judge for my soul and a judge for God since you claim to know who knows God and who God doesn't know.

have you ever considered that u are the person who doesn't know God?

3 Likes

Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:00pm On Nov 14, 2017
brocab:
See it as you see it, it doesn't mean you are right to judge, this priest is from the Catholic Church and decided to tell his story.
Already the priest had caused problems with you, but that doesn't say, he had caused problems with other religious believers, I myself don't like what I am hearing, nor do you, but what can we do about it, he wrote it, as he had meant it.
I posted it, to give an example-this is some of the rubbish we hear that's coming out of the Catholic Church, and with this sort of junk no wonder people like myself don't agree with Catholic beliefs; "You can't change that, neither can I, this priest wanted to spread his news across the net for everybody to see..
It doesn't matter if this is true or false-Read it once more...

As we can see, if this above is right, and the priest do have a positive attitude towards marriage, than the next question is, to whom and what sex? Gay marriage will be legalised in every country, and what Pope Francis believes Christians and Muslims are all brothers, and all those in favour put up your hands, will the Church marry Children too, Like the Muslims do..
I have followed Pope Francis travel's, he bowed down to the Muslim god, trying to bring all religion to reunite back to the Catholic Church..
For Pope Francis to be recognised to other religions around the world, he must first deny Christ, Muslims don't believe Jesus is the Son of God let alone He is God, expecting everybody to be reunited in one Church, everyone must first believe in the same One God? "Not god's..
this isn't about causing problems with me. the sinfulness of homosexuality is a dogma in the Catholic Church, it cannot be changed. a pope cannot allow homosexuality because Catholic dogma are irreformable.

of course that too is all over the news but you only chose to read the issue of the erring priest because of your bias.

of course you are back to your conspiracy theories about one world religion.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 6:34pm On Nov 14, 2017
You can try and call the shots and believe what you please to believe, I look in all direction finding news about any religion that's up in spot lights every time I turn the page-listen I believe you, and I wouldn't think the Church would allow homosexual marriage. But these day's we cant be to careful-to whom we judge with this topic. I have heard some pretty strange things throughout the Church..
This is starting to be a problem, we have priest and pastors from all walks of life accepting these marriages in the Church.
If it's the law to marry, than you either stop marrying lovers, or you continual to marry whoever..I wouldn't like to do it, knowing it's against God to marry men with men. "And I pity the priests or pastors that does it.
The one world religion is not a conspiracy, this will happen in time, it's written in Word {Revelation 17:1-18}
As the great harlot, will be part of the end time scenario, the term harlot is used through the old testament, as a metaphor for false religion.
There are convincing arguments for the one world religion being Catholicism, Islam, and new age movement, or some form of religion, it hasn't been invented yet, and an internet search will bring about more possibilities and theories.
There is no doubt that some sort of a one world religion under the false prophet will be a part of the end times, perhaps made up of a number of different religions.
{Revelations 17:1-18} gives several characteristic's of the one world religion, the false religion will dominate all the people's and multitudes and nations and tongues of the earth. {Revelation 1:1-15} Meaning it will have universal authority, no doubt given by the Antichrist..
Uben I believe every Word that's written in the bible-maybe this is why we both lack faith with each other.
Ubenedictus:
this isn't about causing problems with me. the sinfulness of homosexuality is a dogma in the Catholic Church, it cannot be changed. a pope cannot allow homosexuality because Catholic dogma are irreformable.

of course that too is all over the news but you only chose to read the issue of the erring priest because of your bias.

of course you are back to your conspiracy theories about one world religion.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 7:31pm On Nov 14, 2017
I wish I could make things a little easier for you to understand, but every time I write you seem to jump for glory, you jump straight in the defence mode. Not realising what I had just said, is true
Take it from me, your mother and father loves you, protecting you they would say the same, if they knew there is trouble heading your way-they will warn you or they will try and stop you from entering the dangers that lay ahead.
Why because they love you, and they care for you, like I do for the brethren.
Try opening your eye's and look at it another way, instead of running to your defence, take it as a learning.
And I am not aiming at Catholicism either, all Churches have problems, born again Christians have problems some refusing to believe, they prefer to spend more time worrying about the cares in this life, then they would spend time with God, claiming to be saved, but have chosen to walk among the wolves-because there heart can only follow after the world in selfishness, envy, strife, arguments, hatred, unforgiving, unrepentant, that's lending them to their destruction.
I could ask if you are saved under Christ Uben, but I believe you are saved under the banner of the Catholic Church, which means your Pope is God on earth, which means, he is your vicar the Christ? Jesus said: By their fruit we will know them, Uben I don't know you" believers grow in Christ-and preach His Word, Uben you don't grow to preach His Word, you preach another doctrine.
We study and learn the Word of God on all accounts, Catholicism is your account, true believers in Christ are changing from their old selves to their new selves, Uben you haven't changed since the beginning, nasty you are, and nasty you will stay, we believe in One God, One Word and One Spirit, you believe in two words, two doctrines and many spirits, ask the saints..
We pray to One God, you pray to many, we ask our mediator to pray for us, you have many mediators to pray for you..
{John 10:27} Believers recognise the voice of the Lord, and again you speak of another, Jesus said: His sheep knows His voice. Do you hear His voice.
The stories are told, that Catholicism can only hear the voice of Mary, "The 3 Children for instants..
Believers stop at nothing, we believe in one doctrine, One Lord and saviour, which means there's no other doctrines to fill our needs, none other can save us, "There's no room to be lukewarm in Christ..
{Revelations 3:16} Jesus said: Because you are lukewarm neither hot or cold, I will spue you out of My mouth.
A lukewarm Christian, is someone that don't walk nor talk with God, do you walk or talk with God? "Catholicism that believe in another doctrine had separated themselves away from the church of God.
Its a big difference between beliefs, and which God we believe, One God and One Mediator the Lord Jesus Christ..
Ubenedictus:

you have set yourself up as a judge, hahaha.

of course now your silliness is showing, you now are a judge for my soul and a judge for God since you claim to know who knows God and who God doesn't know.

have you ever considered that u are the person who doesn't know God?
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 14, 2017
Ubenedictus:

I never denied peter was once married... after him so were many priest... we still have such.

but sorry I disagree with the epistle you wrote above.

my Bible says he who marries does well but he who doesn't does better... it goes further to say it is better to be single so as to be devoted to Christ and describes marriage as a distraction... so the Catholic Church is happy to also have celibate clergy.

Yap, singleness offers less distraction. But can a bishop in your church marry now?
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 8:32pm On Nov 14, 2017
As I have said: believe where your mind takes you to believe, you are mistaken I listen to the Word of God, apostles that wrote the bible, who weren't born in the 16th century as you believe, the 16 century was the time Latin was translated into other languages, and the bible was sent to every nation, and because Catholicism tried to steal the Word, God out smarted Rome, He opened a door so every Man Woman and Child around the world were set free by the Word of God and believed..
There's nothing to be proud off Uben, matter of fact the Catholic Church doesn't have a great story we could be proud off and boast, thank God for these men and women who risk their lives to help save another.
Christians lived by faith, believed in Christ, and died trying to send the message out unto everybody around every nation.
The Catholic Church believed murdering these men and women, would shut them up, so no-one will receive the word of God, Catholicism wanted to claim all God's Word under lock and key, for money power and control.
And God found faithful men and women who risk their lives in the name above every other name, Jesus.
The Catholic Church had hidden agenda's, which caused confusion between Romes Pagan religion and Christianity, Christ separated Himself from the Mosaic Law, both religions couldn't mix, and still today we can't mingle.
Peter was crucified, because Rome couldn't accept Christ to be head of the Church alone, Rome needed their pagan god's to stand with Christ.
And you are right nothings changed from the past, "inside the Catholic Church statues of pagan god's standing along side Christ.
I suppose this is something they won't remove, like the past, the Church will always bow down to something that's dead, before they bow down to the living.
Does this mean you won't answer my question, is the black African under the constitution?
Ubenedictus:

lol,

your bias is crystal clear. my doctrine is same with the early Church, my interpretation of scriptures is same with the early Church, you should be afraid, you follow teaching made up by men in the 16th century, and interpretations that can't square up with historic Christianity.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 9:38pm On Nov 14, 2017
I suppose they could, who's stopping them to marry, themselves, one would think-why would the priest want to marry while most of them have hidden agenda's.
Marriage could defect the purpose they became priest in the first place.
JMAN05:

Yap, singleness offers less distraction. But can a bishop in your church marry now?
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 3:34am On Nov 15, 2017
How long has it been Uben, we are doing the same old, arguing over the Word of God, and still we haven't come up with any solution, unless the lord intervenes there's nothing we can do to change that, so until then, or we can do is sit back and wait..
Wait for what, you may ask, well I will tell you, I am expecting us to wait on God, unless you have a better idea" while we pray, we must know, no-one could answer this as good as He can, so it wouldn't be worth it, asking outside the square.
I am not going to tell you how to pray, I already know, whom to pray too, you pray to her, Mary, and I will pray directly to Him, Jesus.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:48pm On Nov 15, 2017
JMAN05:

right now? nope, there used to married bishops though, some centuries ago but the Church learnt from experience what the apostle Paul meant when he said a married man gets distracted by his family.

you can't send a married man out as a missionary in dangerous places, you'll be uprooting his whole family and putting them in danger.... there is a long story there but the problem became worse since the married bishops tried to use Church funds to ensure their families were stable after their death, some gave church lands to their kids etc. as the years went by it became necessary to appoint Bishop from non married celibate men to avoid the wahala that came with married bishops.
so today you won't find a married bishop even though there are married priests. I think the last married pope was Pope st Felix III about 800AD some 1200yrs ago... married bishops may be more recent.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:27pm On Nov 15, 2017
brocab:
As I have said: believe where your mind takes you to believe, you are mistaken I listen to the Word of God, apostles that wrote the bible, who weren't born in the 16th century as you believe, the 16 century was the time Latin was translated into other languages, and the bible was sent to every nation, and because Catholicism tried to steal the Word, God out smarted Rome, He opened a door so every Man Woman and Child around the world were set free by the Word of God and believed..
There's nothing to be proud off Uben, matter of fact the Catholic Church doesn't have a great story we could be proud off and boast, thank God for these men and women who risk their lives to help save another.
Christians lived by faith, believed in Christ, and died trying to send the message out unto everybody around every nation.
The Catholic Church believed murdering these men and women, would shut them up, so no-one will receive the word of God, Catholicism wanted to claim all God's Word under lock and key, for money power and control.
And God found faithful men and women who risk their lives in the name above every other name, Jesus.
The Catholic Church had hidden agenda's, which caused confusion between Romes Pagan religion and Christianity, Christ separated Himself from the Mosaic Law, both religions couldn't mix, and still today we can't mingle.
Peter was crucified, because Rome couldn't accept Christ to be head of the Church alone, Rome needed their pagan god's to stand with Christ.
And you are right nothings changed from the past, "inside the Catholic Church statues of pagan god's standing along

ong side Christ.
I suppose this is something they won't remove, like the past, the Church will always bow down to something that's dead, before they bow down to the living.
Does this mean you won't answer my question, is the black African under the constitution?

you are back with your untruths and half truths.

of course you are back to your usual ways.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2017
brocab:
How long has it been Uben, we are doing the same old, arguing over the Word of God, and still we haven't come up with any solution, unless the lord intervenes there's nothing we can do to change that, so until then, or we can do is sit back and wait..
Wait for what, you may ask, well I will tell you, I am expecting us to wait on God, unless you have a better idea" while we pray, we must know, no-one could answer this as good as He can, so it wouldn't be worth it, asking outside the square.
I am not going to tell you how to pray, I already know, whom to pray too, you pray to her, Mary, and I will pray directly to Him, Jesus.
nah,

this isn't me arguing with you, I am calling you out as a bias insincere person who lack the balls to acknowledge when he is mistaken and lack the humility to correct himself.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 2:47pm On Nov 15, 2017
It is you arguing, and calling me out-isn't the right term I would use, calling the Word of God out, yes these are on the lines I would use.
Uben Balls you want, I don't need balls to fight my battles, I need the Word of God, it's His Word that fears you, you don't agree with it, only because I have been sent here to help you see the kingdom of God open up before you.
God is calling His beloved Children, so when its our time, we will spend eternity with Him in all His glory.
Uben we could stand together..
Ubenedictus:
nah,

this isn't me arguing with you, I am calling you out as a bias insincere person who lack the balls to acknowledge when he is mistaken and lack the humility to correct himself.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 2:51pm On Nov 15, 2017
Can you prove it to be a lie? All you aren't sure, it is a lie?
Ubenedictus:

Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 2:58pm On Nov 15, 2017
What do you expect from me Uben, a reward of dead or alive.
You know very well, the truth about Rome, it's written everywhere, by a push of a button it's there..
Call me what you want, but it won't stop the music, songs of Solomon will always hit the charts..
Try reading your bible, the melody of it, sings to the lord..
Ubenedictus:

Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 3:05pm On Nov 15, 2017
I like this, You never be the one to tell any truth..
Quote" nope, there used to married bishops though, some centuries ago but the Church learnt from experience what the apostle Paul meant when he said a married man gets distracted by his family.
They get distracted alright, but not from their own families, nor their Church, but from other families priest molest their Children.
In all honesty the rest of your story doesn't line up, why the bishops priest don't get married..
God ordained marriages, Paul said: if we burn of passion it is best to marry, priest these days burn with passion for Children and gay men, it would be better for them to marry, so they don't deceive their wife's and Children etc..
Ubenedictus:

right now? nope, there used to married bishops though, some centuries ago but the Church learnt from experience what the apostle Paul meant when he said a married man gets distracted by his family.

you can't send a married man out as a missionary in dangerous places, you'll be uprooting his whole family and putting them in danger.... there is a long story there but the problem became worse since the married bishops tried to use Church funds to ensure their families were stable after their death, some gave church lands to their kids etc. as the years went by it became necessary to appoint Bishop from non married celibate men to avoid the wahala that came with married bishops.
so today you won't find a married bishop even though there are married priests. I think the last married pope was Pope st Felix III about 800AD some 1200yrs ago... married bishops may be more recent.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2017
brocab:
I like this, You never be the one to tell any truth..
Quote" nope, there used to married bishops though, some centuries ago but the Church learnt from experience what the apostle Paul meant when he said a married man gets distracted by his family.
They get distracted alright, but not from their own families, nor their Church, but from other families priest molest their Children.
In all honesty the rest of your story doesn't line up, why the bishops priest don't get married..
God ordained marriages, Paul said: if we burn of passion it is best to marry, priest these days burn with passion for Children and gay men, it would be better for them to marry, so they don't deceive their wife's and Children etc..

again you show your ignorance.

the church ruled against married bishops over 900yrs ago and it had nothing to do with child abuse. if you claim that was the cause then I challenge you to provide historical proof of it....brocab lying as usual.

God ordained marriage he also ordained celibacy as best for the ministry.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2017
brocab:
Can you prove it to be a lie? All you aren't sure, it is a lie?
I remembered rebutting you about this before.

oh I am happy to show you lied, before the Protestant translation of Luther in the 16th century the Catholics had translated the Bible severally.

There are still approximately 1,000 manuscripts or
manuscript fragments of Medieval German Bible
translations extant.[1] The earliest known and partly
still available Germanic version of the Bible was the
fourth century Gothic translation of Wulfila (c. 311–80).
This version, translated primarily from the Greek,
established much of the Germanic Christian vocabulary
that is still in use today. Later Charlemagne promoted
Frankish biblical translations in the 9th century. There
were Bible translations present in manuscript form at a
considerable scale already in the thirteenth and the
fourteenth century (e.g. the New Testament in the
Augsburger Bible of 1350 and the Old Testament in the
Wenceslas Bible of 1389). There is ample evidence for
the general use of the entire vernacular German Bible
in the fifteenth century. [1] In 1466, before Martin
Luther was even born, Johannes Mentelin printed the
Mentel Bible, a High German vernacular Bible, at
Strasbourg . This edition was based on a no-longer-
existing fourteenth-century manuscript translation of
the Vulgate from the area of Nuremberg. Until 1518, it
was reprinted at least 13 times. In 1478–79, two Low
German Bible editions were published in Cologne , one
in the Low Rhenish dialect and another in the Low
Saxon dialect. In 1494, another Low German Bible was
published in the dialect of Lübeck , and in 1522, the
last pre-Lutheran Bible, the Low Saxon Halberstadt
Bible was published. In total, there were at least
eighteen complete German Bible editions, ninety
editions in the vernacular of the Gospels and the
readings of the Sundays and Holy Days, and some
fourteen German Psalters by the time Luther first
published his own New Testament translation.[1] An
Anabaptist translation by Ludwig Hetzer and Hans
Denck was published at Worms in 1529.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations_into_German

I remember you made such silly claims in another thread, I rebuted you and as usual you can't take corrections and you are back to making the same wrong argument again.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 4:25pm On Nov 15, 2017
brocab:
It is you arguing, and calling me out-isn't the right term I would use, calling the Word of God out, yes these are on the lines I would use.
Uben Balls you want, I don't need balls to fight my battles, I need the Word of God, it's His Word that fears you, you don't agree with it, only because I have been sent here to help you see the kingdom of God open up before you.
God is calling His beloved Children, so when its our time, we will spend eternity with Him in all His glory.
Uben we could stand together..
nah... what you've gat is your usual untruth and then pride which prevent you from correcting yourself.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 6:56am On Nov 16, 2017
Then why don't you correct me, since you believe you have all the answers?
It really isn't me, you are angry about, its the Word of God that angers you, it fears you, and it should, haven't you sat down and thought things through to yourself, why is brocab still here, have you wondered why brocab constantly speaks on about the Word of God.
Have you wondered why you are having these compensations with other believers-people that love God outside your Church.
Had it ever, come to you in mind, why brocab uses the Word of God to fight all his battles, have you ever thought the bible must have some truth written in it.
Have you ever compared the Catholic bible to the KJV, have you wondered why different bibles written from different religions never seems to line up with the Word of God?
Maybe God's speaking to you through His Word, and maybe its time for you to open up your dusty old bible, and read the scriptures, have you ever wondered why you have kept your dusty old bible for so long, if truly, you don't believe it's the true Word of God?
Ubenedictus:
nah... what you've gat is your usual untruth and then pride which prevent you from correcting yourself.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by brocab: 8:13am On Nov 16, 2017
Did you write this all for me?
Are you mistaken, the bible was translated from the Latin language to every language across every nation. 1611 version..
You had named all these other bibles,to start some sort of an silly argument that you know yourself, they were written in other languages, that half the world couldn't understand, until the 1611 version was written in all languages.
This wouldn't have happened, if the Catholic Church wasn't secretive about their own agenda's.
Why is it Uben, you always seem to come at me, I am not here to argue with you, I am only here to tell the truth.
Anything about everything, that history had said about the past, is written everywhere, but still you are trying to prove me wrong about every thing.
The story about the Catholic Church, they weren't to interested in these other earlier bibles written back in time, the answer to this is easy, these old country manuscripts bibles were written in a different language, the Catholic Church didn't feel threaten by these bibles, only because they knew it took only the few to understand them in their own country, "Plus no-one in other countries could understand the different languages anyway, back then it was rare to see a child in school, let alone to learn bible literature , "unless the parents were rich, and a child could learn these different languages elsewhere.
To be honest try reading different languages back then is trying to understand the Latin language in Church now. Without the right teachings who can understand these many different languages from different countries.
The 1611 was written because they knew the Catholic Church disagreed with the Word of God, can't you see, the Church still refuses God's Word today, it was only the certain few that was taught who knew how to understand the scriptures, they themselves took their stand for Christ.
Can't you see, the manuscripts were written for all man kind, it wasn't their to be hidden away by Rome, these men risked their lives for you and I, so we could share in God's blessings, just as well as everybody else who chooses to believe in Christ.
Prayer opens doors, and God opened up a doorway so we can enjoy His Word and live the way He expected us to live.. Praise the Lord for evermore.
Think about it, would you do this to help save a nation in Christ, Uben?
Ubenedictus:
I remembered rebutting you about this before.

oh I am happy to show you lied, before the Protestant translation of Luther in the 16th century the Catholics had translated the Bible severally.

There are still approximately 1,000 manuscripts or
manuscript fragments of Medieval German Bible
translations extant.[1] The earliest known and partly
still available Germanic version of the Bible was the
fourth century Gothic translation of Wulfila (c. 311–80).
This version, translated primarily from the Greek,
established much of the Germanic Christian vocabulary
that is still in use today. Later Charlemagne promoted
Frankish biblical translations in the 9th century. There
were Bible translations present in manuscript form at a
considerable scale already in the thirteenth and the
fourteenth century (e.g. the New Testament in the
Augsburger Bible of 1350 and the Old Testament in the
Wenceslas Bible of 1389). There is ample evidence for
the general use of the entire vernacular German Bible
in the fifteenth century. [1] In 1466, before Martin
Luther was even born, Johannes Mentelin printed the
Mentel Bible, a High German vernacular Bible, at
Strasbourg . This edition was based on a no-longer-
existing fourteenth-century manuscript translation of
the Vulgate from the area of Nuremberg. Until 1518, it
was reprinted at least 13 times. In 1478–79, two Low
German Bible editions were published in Cologne , one
in the Low Rhenish dialect and another in the Low
Saxon dialect. In 1494, another Low German Bible was
published in the dialect of Lübeck , and in 1522, the
last pre-Lutheran Bible, the Low Saxon Halberstadt
Bible was published. In total, there were at least
eighteen complete German Bible editions, ninety
editions in the vernacular of the Gospels and the
readings of the Sundays and Holy Days, and some
fourteen German Psalters by the time Luther first
published his own New Testament translation.[1] An
Anabaptist translation by Ludwig Hetzer and Hans
Denck was published at Worms in 1529.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_translations_into_German

I remember you made such silly claims in another thread, I rebuted you and as usual you can't take corrections and you are back to making the same wrong argument again.
Re: The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:09am On Nov 29, 2017
brocab:
Did you write this all for me?
Are you mistaken, the bible was translated from the Latin language to every language across every nation. 1611 version..
You had named all these other bibles,to start some sort of an silly argument that you know yourself, they were written in other languages, that half the world couldn't understand, until the 1611 version was written in all languages.

sorry you are very ignorant, the 1611 version was in English only, I.e KJV was not in all languages.

there were already bibles in different kinds of languages all through the world, these languages were vernacular to many countries and a translation in the ligua franca common to all of Europe. So 99% of all educated people all had bibles in a language they can read.

This wouldn't have happened, if the Catholic Church wasn't secretive about their own agenda's.
[color=#000099]Why is it Uben, you always seem to come at me, I am not here to argue with you, I am only here to tell the truth.
Anything about everything, that history had said about the past, is written everywhere, but still you are trying to prove me wrong about every thing.
The story about the Catholic Church, they weren't to interested in these other earlier bibles written back in time, the answer to this is easy, these old country manuscripts bibles were written in a different language, the Catholic Church didn't feel threaten by these bibles, only because they knew it took only the few to understand them in their own country, "Plus no-one in other countries could understand the different languages anyway, back then it was rare to see a child in school, let alone to learn bible literature , "unless the parents were rich, and a child could learn these different languages elsewhere.
To be honest try reading different languages back then is trying to understand the Latin language in Church now. Without the right teachings who can understand these many different languages from different countries.
The 1611 was written because they knew the Catholic Church disagreed with the Word of God, can't you see, the Church still refuses God's Word today, it was only the certain few that was taught who knew how to understand the scriptures, they themselves took their stand for Christ.
Can't you see, the manuscripts were written for all man kind, it wasn't their to be hidden away by Rome, these men risked their lives for you and I, so we could share in God's blessings, just as well as everybody else who chooses to believe in Christ.
Prayer opens doors, and God opened up a doorway so we can enjoy His Word and live the way He expected us to live.. Praise the Lord for evermore.
Think about it, would you do this to help save a nation in Christ, Uben?
nobody hid bibles that is a conspiracy theory your Protestant sites told you. apart from bibles in ligua franca of Europe, there were bibles in the vernacular, in German, Slav, etc. but the fact is anyone who could read at all could read Latin. there was hardly any need for the so called 1611 version

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze: Religion Has Killed More People In The Last 500 Years / Pastor Jay Israel Calls Out Proff Ex & Ruth Matthew Over Alleged Missing Child / Dolly Parton & Dionne Warwick Team Up For New Gospel Song 'Peace Like A River'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 189
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.