Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

DIY: P0873 On 04 MDX 4th Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / DIY: P0873 On 04 MDX 4th Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch (6643 Views)

Is Power Sterring Fluid Diffrent From Automatic Transmission Fluid? / Which Is The Right Way Of Gauging Transmission Fluid? / What Is The Recommended Transmission Fluid For Honda City 2007 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIY: P0873 On 04 MDX 4th Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch by domack99(m): 3:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
Few days ago, my 04 MDX D5 start flashing, upon diagnosing with my ELM327 dongle found out to be P0873 4th clutch transmission fluid pressure switch (short or stuck OFF). This seems to be a common point of failure for MDX. Fixing it is really straight forward, just get yourself equip with the right tools and the replacement parts using the correct part number.

Picture 1 & 2 are the parts ordered, from Honda in US through Mikkyangel

First you have to take of the air intake manifold, ensure you disconnect the intake air temperature sensor, also take off the engine cover using a 11mm socket. I would advise you take out the battery to prevent frustration. Leave the Battery tray except you want to replace the 3rd clutch trans switch as well. PICTURE 3 & 4

1 Like

Re: DIY: P0873 On 04 MDX 4th Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch by domack99(m): 4:20pm On Apr 20, 2015
With air manifold out, battery out and engine out, Now you have good view and access to the 4th Clutch transmission switch, in the picture below you will see a brown connector, that's the sensor. There is a 10mm bolt beside the sensor that need to be taken off as well. PICTURE 5 & 6

Next: Take off the connector and use a 22mm HOLLOW socket to loosen the sensor

Re: DIY: P0873 On 04 MDX 4th Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch by domack99(m): 4:23pm On Apr 20, 2015
Picture old and new sensor

Replace with new sensor and torque it in gently, the manual recommend 14 ft.lbs force, i don't have a torque wrench, so i just tightened it not too hard.

Put everything back in reverse order and don't forget to put in your temperature intake sensor to avoid check engine light.

Re: DIY: P0873 On 04 MDX 4th Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch by Piyke: 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
Nice work man! crystal clear pics. Double thumbs up
Re: DIY: P0873 On 04 MDX 4th Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch by Readonee35L(m): 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
Nice thread very detailed and clear pictures

(1) (Reply)

Program Your Ecu ( Brainbox ) Here! / What You Don’t Know About Redlining Your Car Engine / Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.