Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35 (6646 Views)

Which Is Better Between Nissan And Mazda / Infiniti FX35 Vs Toyota 4runner For A Lagos-Enugu Trip? / Nissan Murano And Toyota Matrix Which Is Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35 by jayjay4u: 12:47am On Jun 21, 2012
Dear Nlanders,
Ƒσя those of us in this family that that know more about these cars, I need your sincere and expert knowledge and experience in helping me decide between buying a Nissan murano or infiniti fx35. Especially regarding maintenance, durability, luxury and spare parts availability
Your objective comments and recommendations are quite appreciated
Thanks.
Re: Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35 by ZUBY77(m): 4:14am On Jun 23, 2012
they are not in the same league
Re: Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35 by icemann(m): 8:43am On Jun 23, 2012
Made by the same parent company but there is a lot of difference under the hood

Transmission: Murano=CVT, FX35= 6speed('03-'08, 7speed(09-now)
Engine : Murano=3.5L, FX35= 3.5L(same as Murano)
Rims: Murano=18inch, FX35= 18inch('03-'08, 18inch or20"(09-Now
Fuel Economy 18city/23high FX35= 18/23 (Same fuel Economy)

Other differences includes Bluetooth, backup camera, Sat navigation, Tire pressure monitor system,6cd changer etc are optional in a murano but standard in the FX.
Murano comes in Front wheel drive(FWD) and All wheel drive(AWD), Fx 35 comes in AWD, and rear wheel drive
Both use Premium fuel(octane 93+) not sold in nigeria

I drive a Murano SL AWD 3.5L. Selling it soon for a 2006-08 FX35.
After i drove an 07 Fx35, 10FX35 and FX50 i became an Infinity believer, Excellent acceleration from the FX50 it felt like i was sucked into the seats.I felt the G-Force(Not the cartoon oh!!).I hear the M56 is a beast 460hp, 0-60 in <6 seconds shocked.. ..thats fvucked up

Overall The FX is a faster(acceleration wise), a better built brand than murano and its also a LUXURY brand like Benz, BMW, Lexus and Acura

7 Likes

Re: Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35 by FindOut(m): 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2012
icemann: Made by the same parent company but there is a lot of difference under the hood

Transmission: Murano=CVT, FX35= 6speed('03-'08, 7speed(09-now)
Engine : Murano=3.5L, FX35= 3.5L(same as Murano)
Rims: Murano=18inch, FX35= 18inch('03-'08, 18inch or20"(09-Now
Fuel Economy 18city/23high FX35= 18/23 (Same fuel Economy)

Other differences includes Bluetooth, backup camera, Sat navigation, Tire pressure monitor system,6cd changer etc are optional in a murano but standard in the FX.
Murano comes in Front wheel drive(FWD) and All wheel drive(AWD), Fx 35 comes in AWD, and rear wheel drive
Both use Premium fuel(octane 93+) not sold in nigeria

I drive a Murano SL AWD 3.5L. Selling it soon for a 2006-08 FX35.
After i drove an 07 Fx35, 10FX35 and FX50 i became an Infinity believer, Excellent acceleration from the FX50 it felt like i was sucked into the seats.I felt the G-Force(Not the cartoon oh!!).I hear the M56 is a beast 460hp, 0-60 in <6 seconds shocked.. ..thats fvucked up

Overall The FX is a faster(acceleration wise), a better built brand than murano and its also a LUXURY brand like Benz, BMW, Lexus and Acura

Nice review. I'll go with d FX35 too, but ONLY because of the Murano's sensitive CVT transmission. OK, well, the interior of the base FX35 can't be compared wt even an SL (''full option'') Murano. But then, in naija, from the ones i see on the road, i think the Murano tends to retain its shape more than the FX. Or what dyu think? I saw an FX35 early this year & i felt sorry for d vehicle. Apart from the broken lights here n there, the ride appeared to be sagging, like all d four shock absorbers had collapsed, & so the resultant effect was that the tyres were now looking TOOO BIG for the vehicle. I've noticed this sagging in no less than 2 FX35s apart from this one but never on a murano.

But the engine sounds of bothe vehicles on acceleration.....LOVELY MUSIC mehn.

1 Like

Re: Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35 by cretin: 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2012
THEY AINT IN THE SAME LEAGUE...ITS LIKE COMPARING CAMRY VS LEXUS OR CAMRY VS AVALON.
FX IS ON A HIGHER SCALE THAN murano..and with the notorious murano gearbox problem..its a no brainer even considering murano...there are many listed on nairaland being offered for very cheap..naija used..n u shud know why

1 Like

Re: Between Nissan Murano And Infiniti Fx35 by jayjay4u: 9:02pm On Jun 28, 2012
@all, A̶̲̥̅♏ very grateful ƒσя ♈ōϋя candid opinions. I appreciate

(1) (Reply)

Spark Plugs Review -all Brands-why Buy Toks / Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? / How To Clean Fuel Injectors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.